Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

$1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion (51996 Views)

Lekki Deep Sea Port Received The First Transshipment Vessel From The Far East / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Lekki Deep Sea Port (Pictures, Video) / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Me4bas: 7:26pm On May 08, 2021
teemac01:

if they tell you all that cost $800m am sure you your self would be amazed...rest assured the end product will not look any different from this...Anambra airport is a very good example bro...

Why not wait til the end product before jumping into conclusion?
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Me4bas: 7:36pm On May 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

He's right. The Akwa Ibom state govt has been dilly-dallying on that port for too long. To worsen things, some ethnic jingoists wrote a letter to the Ministry of Transport and NPA asking that the proposed site be shifted to another local government just to spite the Oron people. Fortunately, the administrators at those federal offices objected and insisted the port will remain where it has been proposed. Meanwhile, the government is wasting close to 10BN naira on a mumbo-jumbo ecumenical centre.

Udom is a monumental disgrace, no ifs or buts!

My brother, the problem with us Nigerians sometimes is with never value what we have until another Governor takes over. I believe you also render causes on Akpabio. I believe there's alot of paperwork and feasibility studies to be done. I have spent the last 5 years in the other states. Aks has been blessed with good governors. I follow the news and am certain commencement of work will start. Let's give the governor the benefit of doubt till his tenure is up then we can say he didn't do anything. I can remember vividly when Akpabio stated the construction of flyovers in the state. So many causes were rendered on him. How about when he stopped motorcycle? Then said he wants his people to starve and die of hunger. But look at Akwa Ibom today. As at 2008. Aks had one radio station and 2 TV stations. How about today? Lets count our blessings pls. There are so many things to mention. Let's not be too quick to render causes on our leader until we are in same position.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Me4bas: 7:38pm On May 08, 2021
obailala:
I obviously have no idea on the progress of the Ibom seaport, despite my online searches; that's why I asked the question I asked on its progress... So if you have any latest progress reports or any details on existing constraints, why dont you spill it?

If you really want info and you are interested in the project you can visit the state and make findings instead of castigating what you're not sure of
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by obailala(m): 7:58pm On May 08, 2021
Me4bas:

If you really want info and you are interested in the project you can visit the state and make findings instead of castigating what you're not sure of
I should leave my businesses and start travelling all the way to Akwa-Ibom to go find out the status of Ibom seaport because I'm such a jobless person who has nothing to do with his time or resources?

If there's any progress in the project, why is it a high level secret like it's some kind of nuclear enrichment program? Why cant I find anything on it online? If I can sit in my house anywhere and tell the progress of random little projects in USA, Russia, Indonesia etc, why can't I find anything on the progress of Ibom seaport if any exists?...

IF there's any progress on the project as you claim, no matter how small it is, how come it's so difficult for you to say it? You've been asked several times to give us details since you claim to be informed, but you've repeatedly dismissed the question.

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Gerrard59(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2021
omonnakoda:

Kindly explain how Warri, Sapele or Benin are "Eastern" Nigeria

OK, apart from Benin, the rest of those states East of the River Niger are classified as Eastern Nigeria. South South is a political nomenclature whereas geographically, those states are located in the East.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 11:01pm On May 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

OK, apart from Benin, the rest of those states East of the River Niger are classified as Eastern Nigeria. South South is a political nomenclature whereas geographically, those states are located in the East.
What do you mean apart from Benin?

We all know what SS is

Is Sapele , Warri Asaba East of River Niger?

The issues here are political not Geographical?

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Gerrard59(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2021
omonnakoda:
What do you mean apart from Benin?

We all know what SS is

Is Sapele , Warri Asaba East of River Niger?

The issues here are political not Geographical?

If the issues are political, South South is the right nomenclature but geographically, Asaba is mentioned as a locality situated in Eastern Nigeria. I'm yet to read an authoritative article where Benin, Sapele and Warri are mentioned as places in Eastern Nigeria, thus, I cannot say they're located in the East.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 12:15pm On May 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

If the issues are political, South South is the right nomenclature but geographically, Asaba is mentioned as a locality situated in Eastern Nigeria. I'm yet to read an authoritative article where Benin, Sapele and Warri are mentioned as places in Eastern Nigeria, thus, I cannot say they're located in the East.
How is Asaba Eastern Nigeria?

Asaba is FIRMLY to the West of defunct Eastern Nigeria

It is only in IPOB geography that Asaba is West of The Niger

Politically Asaba was previously in Western Nigeria, Mid Western Nigeria, Bendel And now Delta State . So how is it Eastern Nigeria
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Gerrard59(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2021
omonnakoda:
How is Asaba Eastern Nigeria?

Asaba is FIRMLY to the West of defunct Eastern Nigeria

It is only in IPOB geography that Asaba is West of The Niger

Politically Asaba was previously in Western Nigeria, Mid Western Nigeria, Bendel And now Delta State . So how is it Eastern Nigeria

So Nigeria divides, you think indigenes of Asaba will vote to remain in Nigeria because Asaba is politically in Western Nigeria or Mid-Western Nigeria?
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 9:18pm On May 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

So Nigeria divides, you think indigenes of Asaba will vote to remain in Nigeria because Asaba is politically in Western Nigeria or Mid-Western Nigeria?
You naively believe land will be shared by votes if Nigeria divides ? Go and ask Palestinians whether they voted for Israel to be created on their land
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Gerrard59(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2021
omonnakoda:
You naively believe land will be shared by votes if Nigeria divides ? Go and ask Palestinians whether they voted for Israel to be created on their land

Interesting...

So, Asabans and indigenes in their immediate environs will rather align to Mid Western Nigeria and let go of their kins(wo)men in the east? grin
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ihesiuloa(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2021
omonnakoda:

Kindly explain how Warri, Sapele or Benin are "Eastern" Nigeria
There is nothing like Eastern Nigeria anywhere except in the mind of desperate IPOB merchants seeking to include the SS in their Biafra project
No Ijaw Edo or Efik man talks about East today

If you hear East know it is an IPOB person talking

You have long been deceived to believe that there is no eastern Nigeria �� you could as well carved out your own map to justify your claims.. Nigeria comprises north south east and west! You've been deceived for so long about south south' north central' etc.. Even a layman understands that Efik, akwa ibom people are located in the eastern Nigeria.. My backyard is bordering akwa ibom from obingwa lga of abia state of which both state is in the eastern Nigeria or is your western region stretched to be bordering any of the eastern region? You no get sense o!
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ihesiuloa(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2021
JohnSin97:

Nigerian passport doesn't mean you should deny your state of origin you rettarded....

So pathetic you are! I've not told you I denied my state of origin if not that I'm hearing it from you now, it's usually people who have gone through recourse of rettards that are always quick to call others sane fellow rettard.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 2:06pm On May 11, 2021
ihesiuloa:

You have long been deceived to believe that there is no eastern Nigeria �� you could as well carved out your own map to justify your claims.. Nigeria comprises north south east and west! You've been deceived for so long about south south' north central' etc.. Even a layman understands that Efik, akwa ibom people are located in the eastern Nigeria.. My backyard is bordering akwa ibom from obingwa lga of abia state of which both state is in the eastern Nigeria or is your western region stretched to be bordering any of the eastern region? You no get sense o!
How is Benin , Asaba Sapele and Warri part of your Eastern Nigeria?
Continue claiming Lagosian
Shukudi

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ShadowCracker(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2021
ihesiuloa omo nna claiming Lagos cheesy.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ihesiuloa(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2021
One4me:

What? Shons-of-the-Shoils are looking for the downfall of an immigrant! Rofl grin grin

Eeyah, see as you are SO PROUD to be fortunate to be born is one of the slums on the outskirts of Lagos! kiss kiss
Not once did you mention your state of Origin, showing how much you hate that Potopoto Republic. Dont worry, you will have advanatge of "quick application processing", if you mention you were born in Lagos.

Your Birth Certificate only tells us where you are born, nothing more. It does not confer Lagos State Citizenship on you.
If not that Yoruba people are very generous and accommodating, if there was any Conflict, do you think all the Bode, Yinka, Tunde and Kola will ask for your Birth Cert, before dispatching you back over the Onyiocha bridge?
I hope the Parents did not forget to give you a Yoruba name like Ikeshusku-Lamidi? grin grin

Anyway, l dont blame you, nobody is proud of any useless region that is led by iberibe !mbeciles.

You are nothing but a pathetic soul! Mentioning my region or where I came from shouldn't bother you, what do you need the info for?why should I tell you that? I'm only educating you about your legitimate and affiliation to where one is born!
"Your place of birth only tells you were you are born, nothing more" abi? .. Sorry you need to go back to school as you are not even fit to engage me in an intellectual discuss!
The problem with most of you Yorubas is that you don't even travel outside your brown roof camps, if not you would agree that east is even much more finner, livable, and calmer than your west! Take away lagos! That you don't even belong to.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ogmask: 2:24pm On May 11, 2021
christejames:
This is good...

I just hope the government has equally constructed or is constructing a standard road that will be designated only for articulated and heavy duty vehicles to ply while dispatching/conveying consignments and containers to and fro the port? Otherwise, this is Apapa port pro max in making grin grin grin grin

It should be connected to rail instead. The trucks should wait somewhere outside the city to pick up from the trains.

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 2:44pm On May 11, 2021
ogmask:

It should be connected to rail instead. The trucks should wait somewhere outside the city to pick up from the trains.
Do you have any examples where that happens
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Kindledlight(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2021
olatuns2017:

So what's the benefits of IBOs in power?

Gej in office for 5years and cannot bring meaningful development to ur region?

Tinubu is not a political office holder yet he is attracting development to Lagos?

What did ekeweremadu,Anyim & ihiodia brought when they were in power?

Don't be fooled
Think and make life better for your people!

The question is why did GEL not re-Open port in the SE/SS when OBJ shut them

He said Ekweremadu and Ihedioha cannot attract developements to SE but instead accusing Southwest for their predicaments shows that that fellow is just plain stupid and probably mad.

He doesn’t even know what he is saying, he is just one tribe bigot on Nairaland.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by olatuns2017: 4:47pm On May 11, 2021
Kindledlight:

He said Ekweremadu and Ihedioha cannot attract developements to SE but instead accusing Southwest for their predicaments shows that that fellow is just plain stupid and probably mad.

He doesn’t even know what he is saying, he is just one tribe bigot on Nairaland.

U can type shit but u can't enumerate their contribution to ur zone

Including GEJ contribution to ur zone

Because u are d usual slave of cownu
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ogmask: 10:41pm On May 12, 2021
omonnakoda:
Do you have any examples where that happens

Rail transportation is a huge part of their economy. South Africa has rail lines connected to their ports.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Body Of Hadiza, Sule Lamido's Daughter Arrives Nigeria For Burial / Curvy "Buharists" Show Their Support For The President / Buhari & Atiku In Rare Picture At Okorocha’s Daughter’s Wedding (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.