Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,458 members, 7,850,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

$1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion (52008 Views)

Lekki Deep Sea Port Received The First Transshipment Vessel From The Far East / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Lekki Deep Sea Port (Pictures, Video) / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by olatuns2017: 12:58pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

U people enjoy making stupid statement as a defend to injustice being meted out on other sections of Nigeria aside Yoruba land. U der gej, Yorubas cried like babies on newspapers and all over social media that they are marginalised by gej, u guys nearly died. U even had to vote an evil genius, a coup plotters and an ethnic jongoist out of jealousy...u couldn't stand at the disadvantaged position that IGBOs have stood in for the past 50 years.

U were already hating on gej and yorubas called awusa people & formed apc to topple gej and u mumuishly still expected him to open over 6 eastern ports so that Lagos state will collapse so that u can hate him even more? Mind u, gej was president for 5 years, stop the stupidity.

How will ekwwremmadu and ihedioha force the awusa-afonja govt to reopen eastern ports? Are u a lunatic? Is it the job of their office to reopen eastern ports?

Keep making excuses, U have moved from ur initial angle and u are now blaming easterners for the seaports shutdown by awusa-afonja who have run nigeria since 1960

Thiefnubbu has nonsense, The north agreed with yarriba for all ports in the east to be shutdown because awusa themselves have no access to the sea. If awusa had access to the sea, they would be no single working port inlagos state

GB Foods in Spain builds the biggest SS-Africa mayonnaise factory in Nigeria to distribute to the rest of Africa. This $14m factory will source all it's materials domestically to reduce the pressure on foreign exchange and support farmers. Production already began in Sango, Ogun.

Continue to kill urself in SE

3 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by JohnSin97: 1:02pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Level up as in?

Are yorubas the richest tribe in nigeria?

No, it's igbos, that's why they're bitching about a refinery in the south west grin

3 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by JohnSin97: 1:04pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

U people enjoy making stupid statement as a defend to injustice being meted out on other sections of Nigeria aside Yoruba land. U der gej, Yorubas cried like babies on newspapers and all over social media that they are marginalised by gej, u guys nearly died. U even had to vote an evil genius, a coup plotters and an ethnic jongoist out of jealousy...u couldn't stand at the disadvantaged position that IGBOs have stood in for the past 50 years.

U were already hating on gej and yorubas called awusa people & formed apc to topple gej and u mumuishly still expected him to open over 6 eastern ports so that Lagos state will collapse so that u can hate him even more? Mind u, gej was president for 5 years, stop the stupidity.

How will ekwwremmadu and ihedioha force the awusa-afonja govt to reopen eastern ports? Are u a lunatic? Is it the job of their office to reopen eastern ports?

Keep making excuses, U have moved from ur initial angle and u are now blaming easterners for the seaports shutdown by awusa-afonja who have run nigeria since 1960

Thiefnubbu has nonsense, The north agreed with yarriba for all ports in the east to be shutdown because awusa themselves have no access to the sea. If awusa had access to the sea, they would be no single working port inlagos state

You talk like a drunkard... wasn't it even a Yoruba man(obasanjo) that kept Jonathan there....

3 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by JohnSin97: 1:05pm On May 07, 2021
ihesiuloa:

I still carry a Nigerian passport until otherwise or do you have any other legitimate passport for me? I can see the hate gushing out of your belly.. Please out of my mention I'm done with you.

Nigerian passport doesn't mean you should deny your state of origin you rettarded....

5 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Komu1048(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2021
3pleDAssistant:

whatever it is that is biting your balls inside your pant that's making you so agitated at a simple joke, I pray God will remove it. cheesy

Eyah
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ihesiuloa(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2021
JohnSin97:

Nigerian passport doesn't mean you should deny your state of origin you rettarded....

CASE CLOSED*
I'M WONDERING WHO IS THE RETARD HERE?
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by JohnSin97: 1:20pm On May 07, 2021
ihesiuloa:

CASE CLOSED*
REPLYING THE REAL RETARD FELLOW ONLY MAKES ONE MORE FOOLISH!

grin yet you're still here......hope you don't pass this rettardation unto whatever organisms you birth.

3 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 07, 2021
PUSSYHOE:
Na wa o grin

We value cows and material things pass Human life for this country.

Lol, but that's not the topic.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by OAUTemitayo: 2:01pm On May 07, 2021
Gerrard59:

South South is classified as Eastern Nigeria. If you must be tribalistic, do so intelligently.
Classified by who?
Keep deceiving yourself

5 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by OAUTemitayo: 2:05pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

So GEJ is also Hausa

4 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by BOBOJUS96(m): 2:35pm On May 07, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
Hope on delivery of the much-expected Lekki Deep Sea Port looks brighter as the construction of the $1.6 billion project reaches about 50 per cent completion.

The company said it has completed its 1,909m long core of the main breakwater while work on the quay wall and landside infrastructure has reached an advanced stage. The significant milestone of the completion of the core of the main breakwater was achieved on Thursday, April 29, 2021.

The Managing Director, Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited, Du Ruogang, disclosed this while briefing the Permanent Secretary, the Federal Ministry of Transportation, Dr. Magdalene Ajani, and other key stakeholders.

Ruogang assured that the construction would be completed as scheduled with a targeted commercial operation expected in the last quarter of 2022. He affirmed that the container terminal operator – Lekki Freeport Terminal, a subsidiary of CGM/CMA, is ready to commence operations once the construction is completed.

“We would like to appreciate the Federal Ministry of Transportation, Lagos State Government and the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) as well as other stakeholders for the immense support towards the actualisation of the world-class seaport”, he said.

Ajani stated that it was heart-warming to note that the project was moving at a fast pace, assuring all the promoters and stakeholders that the Federal Government would play its part to ensure the smooth take-off of the port as scheduled.

Ajani noted that the progress of work since the initial visit of the ministry in November 2020, is impressive and that the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Transportation would work out modalities of rail connectivity to the port for easy evacuation and transfer of cargo to the different parts of the country.

She also promised to liaise with her counterpart at the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing on the issue of the road network at the corridor to prevent the issue of congestion.

Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, NPA, Hadiza Bala Usman, said that NPA will play its part to ensure that the timeline set for the delivery is achieved, adding that efforts are being made to facilitate the deployment of all necessary infrastructure needed before commercial operations begin.

“To meet the timeline for the Port, we would deploy the control tower as well as the BTS and GDMS which are critical infrastructure needed for the take-off of the port operations. In addition, we have to begin the construction of the administrative block”, Usman said.

The Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer, NSC, Hassan Bello reaffirmed the significance of Lekki Port to the economic prosperity of Nigeria noting that when completed, the port would be transformational for the country, and indeed the West African maritime landscape.

Director-General, NIMASA, Bashir Jamoh reiterated the importance of railway connectivity to the project.

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/business/1-6-billion-lekki-deep-sea-port-reaches-50-completion/amp/
,,..... Seriously uhmmmm

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by teemac01(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2021
Me4bas:

You just read to respond than to understand. They say 50% completed and not 100%

if they tell you all that cost $800m am sure you your self would be amazed...rest assured the end product will not look any different from this...Anambra airport is a very good example bro...
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by pricklewane: 2:46pm On May 07, 2021
Oloriburuku you know those building the seaport just landed in Lagos declared the piece of land as theirs n started building. Dead brain Igbos everywhere.

PrecisionFx:

Close that ur silly mouth Sir, Lagos state givt aren't the ones building the seaport in lekki

5 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by GidiCars: 3:03pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Have u been to any of these ports u listed? Or u just keep making noise online?

Most of Onne seaport has been converted to a Nigerian naval base.

Calamari seaport is comatose, Havent been dredged for over a decade, A direct plan by the FG to make sure eastern ports do not work.

For ur information, All eastern ports have been delivering cargoes down here for ages until wen the awusa-afonjas started sabotaging it.

We bought our cars in Porthacourt up until 2004 that OBJ shut down commercial activities on d port and forced all cargoes in nigeria to dock on lagos. All businessmen in Enugu, Aba, Calabar, Rivers, Onitsha easily cleared their goods in eastern ports, We never cleared goods in lagos and then put them in trucks to transport them down to the east and thus spending more billions yearly to transport those goods by road, instead of receiving it thru d ocean in our back yards

So the East is a conquered territory. undecided

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 3:05pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

The ones who have sworn to die in drinking the resources if biafra is actually Yoruba and hausa.

Easterners have absolutely nothing to lose if they leave Nigeria.
Iboland is landlocked

4 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 3:10pm On May 07, 2021
JohnSin97:

It is too shameful to admit.
How can anyone be proud of Aba ,the dirtiest place on earth

7 Likes

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by yomiuk: 3:18pm On May 07, 2021
Good development. Should help free up the congestion at Apapa Wharf....

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by GidiCars: 3:21pm On May 07, 2021
ihesiuloa:

Why I'm I even responding to a faceless ignorant? How is that not relevant?
Must one or all your brother's be in anambra or even any other state in the east for that matter before I determine whether they should be there or not?
Are you are lagosian yourself?
So you think because you came from osun state or oyo state or any other part of the south west has legitimately made you a lagosian?
My friend I'm more lagos than you if I was born bread schooled and resident in lagos than you that was born in one village like that in ekiti state! irrespective of my parents stare of origin, I remain a lagosian or? So quit asking me if I'm a lagosian, you could as well come and asked your brother's in the UK American and beyond that silly question and watch how mesmerized they would turn you to,
Go and tell them they are visitors in their land of birth.. You mumurized individual that only speaks where favors you smh..

Nyamiri, Lemme educate you a little. When blacks travel outside Africa, they can claim whatever nationality they want, outside there, we're all blacks. But when you come back to Africa, you hold tight to your ethnicity. That's why South Africans, Ghanaians, ,even Asians can chase you out of their country and nothing would happen.

Like I always tell you lots, go ask your grandparents make them play una young blood tape. The same thing that befell them is coming for you. Na Tinubu dey save una by pacifying both the Northerners and Igbos. on a good day, an average YORÙBÁ man would screw an Igbo man without remorse.. Remember Fashola, Ambode grin they would let you know you ain't from around here. It's because of tinubu's presidential ambition, that's why una get mouth. Make una no worry, day go soon break. I liked how Fashola and ambode dealt with you lots very well. Go ask your brothers in Oshodi, ladipo etc how far? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:26pm On May 07, 2021
Lagoon0:

I'm Lagos native, all I want is oodua republic.
We're not here to shift blame.

APC and PDP are failure.
When talking about "we from Lagos" speak for yourself sir.

I thought its a Lagos / private partnership .I've never read anywhere good luck frustrated the project.

If you can provide evidence that will be cool.
I'm from epe and that project has been on since.

The mile blue rail is it PDP that is delaying that one Also after over 7 years?
You could have just read up on these things. Is this how you want to build the fabled utopian republi; on ignorance? If you're truly from Epe like my nulass brethren and write like this, you already deleted the e in ibile. You're alone on your journey and pigs will fly if you ever think I take you very seriously sir. If you are truly from IBILE, and don't know the history of this Lekki deepport, it's either you're too young to know like most of you keyboard warriors or being misinformed and already brainwashed like IPOB terrorists, so my counsel to you is to go back to the basis and build up your knowledge on Lagos governance issues first not feeding on the news on Nairaland o and I believe time Is still on your side sir. No room for indoctrination of our young ones with terrorists ideas like IPOB o. We will not use our own hands to destroy what we and our forebears built by dint of hardwork and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Jola58: 7:10pm On May 07, 2021
�. 50% my foot. come the site location and see the truth yourself. �
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by ofiko123(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2021
Nice one..
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by pacespot(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2021
I love coastal area like die, I think every human deserves to be living around water, not desert. The surface of the earth is 70% water, why can't we achieve this?
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by danilmo: 7:54pm On May 07, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Pls present ur proof that it is a Lagos state government project.

It's in lagos state budget..

Not FG...

Before u ll criticise Tinubu and his boys, aski g what Lagos is doing with tax payers money.

Remember LASG is currently building the largest African Rice meal @Imota rice mill and ll b ready for commisioning soon??

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Richthekid: 7:56pm On May 07, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by One4me: 2:05am On May 08, 2021
ihesiuloa:

Eyaa! Wishing you success in your quest to become a Lagosian! Meanwhile, I did not choose where to be born into, secondly, there is absolutely nothing fascinating about my place of birth lagos, but I just can't deny my place of birth so im stocked on it! There are better and more relaxed states in Nigeria I would have wished to be born into.. So stop making it look as if lagos is "Thy will be done" not even close to it! I've lived in many cities in Europe as well as Africa Lagos has never topped my list in Africa so why the noise.. I'm just educating you about the normals, if you like accept it if you like don't..
My birth certificate is a proof [/b]so I really don't need any' oluwole junk' modifying my already existing certificate, you can gather your brother, sisters father mother uncle and anties and proceed to lagos Island from ilorin to get lagos citizenship, I'm in no need of it even though I have it! There are better places in this world to think about than in a place [b]filled with people of hatred always looking out for there fathers downfall.

What? Shons-of-the-Shoils are looking for the downfall of an immigrant! Rofl grin grin

Eeyah, see as you are SO PROUD to be fortunate to be born is one of the slums on the outskirts of Lagos! kiss kiss
Not once did you mention your state of Origin, showing how much you hate that Potopoto Republic. Dont worry, you will have advanatge of "quick application processing", if you mention you were born in Lagos.

Your Birth Certificate only tells us where you are born, nothing more. It does not confer Lagos State Citizenship on you.
If not that Yoruba people are very generous and accommodating, if there was any Conflict, do you think all the Bode, Yinka, Tunde and Kola will ask for your Birth Cert, before dispatching you back over the Onyiocha bridge?
I hope the Parents did not forget to give you a Yoruba name like Ikeshusku-Lamidi? grin grin

Anyway, l dont blame you, nobody is proud of any useless region that is led by iberibe !mbeciles.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by One4me: 2:28am On May 08, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You could have just read up on these things. Is this how you want to build the fabled utopian republi; on ignorance? If you're truly from Epe like my nulass brethren and write like this, you already deleted the e in ibile. You're alone on your journey and pigs will fly if you ever think I take you very seriously sir. If you are truly from IBILE, and don't know the history of this Lekki deepport, it's either you're too young to know like most of you keyboard warriors or being misinformed and already brainwashed like IPOB terrorists, so my counsel to you is to go back to the basis and build up your knowledge on Lagos governance issues first not feeding on the news on Nairaland o and I believe time Is still on your side sir. No room for indoctrination of our young ones with terrorists ideas like IPOB o. We will not use our own hands to destroy what we and our forebears built by dint of hardwork and sacrifice.

Look at this Pig's-Piss drinking Fulani Herdsman that want to lecture Southerners about the South!
You better face your North and keep doing what you all know how to do best: Suicide Bombing, Kidnapping and Rape.
Or you sef want to claim Lagos, as that is what every nuisance from the North is trying to do, including those Almanjeri Beggars that came to Lagos by Train grin grin
That lifeless thing in Aso Rock would soon be exposed for the fraud that he is. Una secret don leak.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by chrisblack: 2:42am On May 08, 2021
kponkedenge:
Isn't that money too much for that construction?
you think say na mud house them they build?
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by sultry69(m): 2:44am On May 08, 2021
lexy2014:

I believe that this is a Lagos State govt initiative
In conjunctions with private organization, FG has no stake in it at all.
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by Ayoade333: 3:25am On May 08, 2021
mimilogistics:
Awesome smiley

This is good news for our company and all of our esteemed customers. We thank Lagos State Government and all stakeholders making this become a reality. Thank you Nigeria cool

*QUEEN'S GARDEN, ISHERI NORTH GRA*

In the beautiful area of Isheri - North, we present to you the classy and magnificent estate, QUEEEN'S GARDEN ESTATE.

Buy into Queen's Garden Estate today and be happy you made the right decision.

*INFRASTRUCTURES*

- Street Lights
- Electricity
- Perimeter Fencing
- Potable Water
- Drainage
- Gated Community
- Recreational Facilities and many more

*NEIGHBOURHOOD*

- OGC Foods and Beverages Ltd
- Channels Television Station
- Rainbow F.M Station
- Compass Newspaper

*TITLE:* Governor’s Consent
*SIZE & PRICE:*
300sqm : NGN10,500,000
500sqm : NGN17,500,000

*3 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ* = NGN35,000,000

For more information, site inspection,
Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by NyamiriFlathead(m): 4:28am On May 08, 2021
Lagoon0:

I'm Lagos native, all I want is oodua republic.
We're not here to shift blame.

APC and PDP are failure.
When talking about "we from Lagos" speak go yourself sir.
may God bless you and your family

1 Like

Re: $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion by omonnakoda: 9:36am On May 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

South South is classified as Eastern Nigeria. If you must be tribalistic, do so intelligently.

Kindly explain how Warri, Sapele or Benin are "Eastern" Nigeria
There is nothing like Eastern Nigeria anywhere except in the mind of desperate IPOB merchants seeking to include the SS in their Biafra project
No Ijaw Edo or Efik man talks about East today

If you hear East know it is an IPOB person talking

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) / Man Trekking To Otuoke For GEJ Gets Female Partner [photo] / Buratai's Son Weds Today In Yobe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.