Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50810 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 8:24am On Jan 14, 2013
alexis:

Christians don't believe he is Jesus because of his picture. If you want some Bible Study in this area, I will be glad to set the record straight but we can save that for another post.

but why are you serving him and going along with his pic on your neck for protection?
Why his pictures is all over the walls of your churches??
Why do you close your eyes and bow to his statue during payers
Simple answer is becouse you refer him as your Jesus.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by IYANGBALI: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2013
that was when islam was islam and original,not now that its has been bastardised and adulterated by the northerners
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2013
kenzspunpy: Why do u guys waste so much sweat trying to prove nothing? Who on earth has ever seen the ALMIGHTY GOD or ALLAH? Who amongst you has ever seen Jesus Christ or Mohammad? Any religion is hall-marked by FAITH, be it Christianity or Islam, stop justifying your religion! From this topic, I think it has been exposed that there are as many christian bigots as their muslim counterparts! By the way, I'm a very proud christian!!

Yes, i can see. You are a proud Xtian.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by maclatunji: 9:14am On Jan 14, 2013
alexis:

Christians don't believe he is Jesus because of his picture. If you want some Bible Study in this area, I will be glad to set the record straight but we can save that for another post.

This guy can lie. LOL
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by maclatunji: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2013
skak:

but yet, u christian believe he was Jesus becouse his picture, icons and tattoos were all over ur churches and homes and you pray to him...

I am a Muslim.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by real2fix(m): 9:29am On Jan 14, 2013
Jaidey-one:
^^churches were burnt and xtians killed and the people responsible call themselves muslims and they claim to be fighting for islam. It's nt jst wat we chose 2 believe. It's wat is happening.
av u comfirm urself dat dey ar muslism. U only hear wat dey claim to be wat of if dey claim to be xtaine nko?..ar muslism not livin around u ?do u c dem wit dos stupid act?why pple paintin rubbish on islam...may God 4giv u all
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by firstolalekan(m): 9:48am On Jan 14, 2013
AllahuAkbar. That is the beauty of islam.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by bashydemy(m): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2013
Ngwakwe: On whose authority was he issuing those orders seeing that Sinah is in Africa and he came from Arabia to command the people who he believed was also serving the One God

See Conquest and Colonialism of the first order.
on whose order is Obama/UN issuing Order to attack Libya?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 9:59am On Jan 14, 2013
maclatunji:

I am a Muslim.

You; mean THEM... All Xtians per se.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:08am On Jan 14, 2013
skak:

and yet, Adolf Hitler was a christian also never denounced the blood shed he had as Unchristian. You must be fool enough by justifying religion with the action of some sect.

You know nothing about this man...read more you will know he was not religious how much more being a Christian. Do you know what Christian mean? Do like Christ. Follow the instructions if the Scripture. And what example did Jesus set? Peace or war? Which Do you see in true Christians? According to the Quran and Hadith, Muslims are following the instructions if Mohammed. See why this letter is a fraud because it contradicted the Quran and Hadith that promotes hates, converting by force, killing those who refuse to be converted by force. What we see today is correctly in line with the Quran.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by merits(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2013
This is to tell you people,how beautiful islam is.islam preaches peace not violence.only that,the beautiful image of islam want to be tanished by hypocrite,calling themselves jihad fighter.however,they can never succeed.because islam is being protected by almighty Allah,not by anyone of us.islam is peace!!!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by mormodica(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2013
gists:
@deols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SsRmC6O5k

@onye_ngbu
The problem is 99.99% of Nigerian christians especially the ones on nairaland have made up their mind on what they want to think about Islam. No matter what you say or prove you show have little to no effect. But their is no harm in continuing to try for people who have the true knowledge, persuading skill and patience. The likes of myself have given up on them and whatever, they choose to believe is their cup of tea.
.♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣aн! I don't sweat it.no matter how much U̶̲̥̅̊ try †̥ be good †̥ them,they r wht they are.They r arrogant n belive they r superior.I think muslims shld stop responding †̥ those ones with thought disorder.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Boboson(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2013
thaz true
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by babaireti(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Tee_Seven: This just goes to show that islam is undoubtedly the most self-contradictory, irrational and confused ideology on the face of the planet.
Islamabad indeed
smh.

The earlier You abandon your abhorrence,disdain and unwarranted resentment against Islam,the better for you,go seek knowledge about Islam and stop killing your inner self with grudge and hate ,at least for your health's sake.Islam is peace Muslim are peaceful and tolerance of others .
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Jarus(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arysexy: This goes to show that they were persecuting xtians and non-muslims. No smoke without fire! Muhamed can not wake up and start sending letter to the Monks. Possibly the muslims were persecuting them and destroying their places of worship and d monks wrote him before this reply. Still shows the intolerance of muslims even in the era of muhamed.
If we take your logic, then it follows too that Muhammad did not endorse it? And I'm sure you know Muhammad represents Islam more than the people?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
baba ireti:

The earlier You abandon your abhorrence,disdain and unwarranted resentment against Islam,the better for you,go seek knowledge about Islam and stop killing your inner self with grudge and hate ,at least for your health's sake.Islam is peace Muslim are peaceful and tolerance of others .

Go and sleep you can't even defend your claim. There are uncountable dead bodies presently in Mali, yet you are here talking rubbish angry

Hoe peaceful is a religion that tend to convert the whole world by force? Isn't this the reason why riots, wars have refused to ceased? You Muslims are lieing freaks *sigh*...... angry
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
plappville:

You know nothing about this man...read more you will know he was not religious how much more being a Christian. Do you know what Christian mean? Do like Christ. Follow the instructions if the Scripture. And what example did Jesus set? Peace or war? Which Do you see in true Christians? According to the Quran and Hadith, Muslims are following the instructions if Mohammed. See why this letter is a fraud because it contradicted the Quran and Hadith that promotes hates, converting by force, killing those who refuse to be converted by force. What we see today is correctly in line with the Quran.

that is what you bloody Xristian are saying about Hitler that he is not a xtian.. But you will never hide the truth. He was rised by catholic and died xtian.
As for Qur'an and Hadith, you know nothing about either of the 2. Seek knowledge of Islam and see wonders that your sense cannot only accept it but embrace it.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
maclatunji:

I am a Muslim.

Lucky you! becouse my compass is not pointed at you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by benson19: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
skak:

that is what you bloody Xristian are saying about Hitler that he is not a xtian.. But you will never hide the truth. He was rised by catholic and died xtian.
As for Qur'an and Hadith, you know nothing about either of the 2. Seek knowledge of Islam and see wonders that your sense cannot only accept it but embrace it.
oga is hitler nw JESUS CHRIST??
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BashToks: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
chloride6:

Who says jehovah and allah are d same? Allah is a god(yeah i used small letters) that originated from mecca.mecca had 365 gods and the whole city worshipped one god per day,until the big headed bandit named muhammed decided to hijack things and force his god on everybody with his holy wars. Allah literally mean god of the moon. That why our muslim bro's cant even brush in the morning without studying the moon. Fvcking moon freaks

Who is this!?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
tintingz - If you want answers to your questions, kindly open another thread and ask...then you will get your answers

I don't think it warrants another thread to state that Allah and the God of the Bible are the same. However, it's an open challenge and it you want to prove me wrong, then I invite you to start one.

skak - but why are you serving him and going along with his pic on your neck for protection? Why his pictures is all over the walls of your churches. Why do you close your eyes and bow to his statue during payers. Simple answer is becouse you refer him as your Jesus

skak, I don't know if you have seen me with the picture of "Jesus" around my neck to make a statement like that. I think you are confusing Catholic indoctrination with basic Christian teachings. This is one of the reason, the Protestant church sprang up and protested against Catholicism. The veneration of Mary and symbols of "Jesus" in Catholic Cathedrals and homes are not Christian beliefs. Christians worship God in Spirit and Truth. John 4:23 ===> But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him

Exodus 20:1-10 is an example of God telling his people not to worship any idol whatsoever. Please read it and see it. I hope I have thrown some light on it for you. I will re-affirm it again; the VENERATION OF STATUES/IMAGES OF MARY/"JESUS" are not Christian principles.

maclatunji - This guy can lie. LOL
- Please read my response to skak; that is as much as I can say to you now.

bashy_demy - on whose order is Obama/UN issuing Order to attack Libya
- Again, America is not a Christian State, it's a secular one. Do not view this as a Christian nation attacking a Muslim nation.

Most importantly, I suggest we stick to the topic at hand. I am willing to answer any questions you have for clarification and for understanding. Saying that, we are all free to believe in whatsoever/whosoever we want to believe in. I honestly think majority of Muslims are simple people just want to live their lives and get along with everyone else and worship their God. The problem is this, if you believe in stones, don't throw it at anyone else who doesn't believe in it.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by delkuf(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
alexis:

I don't think it warrants another thread to state that Allah and the God
of the Bible are the same. However, it's an open challenge and it you
want to prove me wrong, then I invite you to start one.

skak, I don't know if you have seen me with the picture of "Jesus"
around my neck to make a statement like that. I think you are confusing
Catholic indoctrination with basic Christian teachings. This is one of
the reason, the Protestant church sprang up and protested against
Catholicism. The veneration of Mary and symbols of "Jesus" in Catholic
Cathedrals and homes are not Christian beliefs. Christians worship God
in Spirit and Truth. John 4:23 ===> But the hour is coming, and is
now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit
and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him

Exodus 20:1-10 is an example of God telling his people not to worship
any idol whatsoever. Please read it and see it. I hope I have thrown
some light on it for you. I will re-affirm it again; the VENERATION OF
STATUES/IMAGES OF MARY/"JESUS" are not Christian principles.

- Please read my response to skak; that is as much as I can say to you
now.

- Again, America is not a Christian State, it's a secular one. Do not
view this as a Christian nation attacking a Muslim nation.

Most importantly, I suggest we stick to the topic at hand. I am willing
to answer any questions you have for clarification and for
understanding. Saying that, we are all free to believe in
whatsoever/whosoever we want to believe in. I honestly think majority of
Muslims are simple people just want to live their lives and get along
with everyone else and worship their God. The problem is this, if you
believe in stones, don't throw it at anyone else who doesn't believe in
it.

Y did u spell their god with capital letter? it is a no god
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by delkuf(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
alexis:

I don't think it warrants another thread to state that Allah and the God
of the Bible are the same. However, it's an open challenge and it you
want to prove me wrong, then I invite you to start one.

skak, I don't know if you have seen me with the picture of "Jesus"
around my neck to make a statement like that. I think you are confusing
Catholic indoctrination with basic Christian teachings. This is one of
the reason, the Protestant church sprang up and protested against
Catholicism. The veneration of Mary and symbols of "Jesus" in Catholic
Cathedrals and homes are not Christian beliefs. Christians worship God
in Spirit and Truth. John 4:23 ===> But the hour is coming, and is
now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit
and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him

Exodus 20:1-10 is an example of God telling his people not to worship
any idol whatsoever. Please read it and see it. I hope I have thrown
some light on it for you. I will re-affirm it again; the VENERATION OF
STATUES/IMAGES OF MARY/"JESUS" are not Christian principles.

- Please read my response to skak; that is as much as I can say to you
now.

- Again, America is not a Christian State, it's a secular one. Do not
view this as a Christian nation attacking a Muslim nation.

Most importantly, I suggest we stick to the topic at hand. I am willing
to answer any questions you have for clarification and for
understanding. Saying that, we are all free to believe in
whatsoever/whosoever we want to believe in. I honestly think majority of
Muslims are simple people just want to live their lives and get along
with everyone else and worship their God. The problem is this, if you
believe in stones, don't throw it at anyone else who doesn't believe in
it.

Y did u spell their god with capital letter? it is a no god
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
delkuf - Y did u spell their god with capital letter? it is a no god
. The issue at hand is not capitalizing a word or not. It's about finding out the truth from history, the Quran, Hadith and the Bible.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by delkuf(m): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
wht is there to find out abt? d quran itself is contracting itself
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
delkuf - wht is there to find out abt? d quran itself is contracting itself

There is a lot to find out. People might throw, shout and display emotional outburst but it's a necessary to find out the truth. Truth has a way of defending itself, it doesn't need anyone to defend it. Irrespective of what anyone claims, we have to find out from the Quran.

The Quran and Hadith are the only AUTHORITATIVE sources on Islam; nothing else. Now, the interpretation is the grey area. That is where you have to read and find out for yourself. Now, the the hadith tells you how the prophet Muhammed and his companions interpreted the passage (in the Quran). So, we are not going by what any Muslim will tell you, we go by what the Hadith and Quran says.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
alexis:

I don't think it warrants another thread to state that Allah and the God of the Bible are the same. However, it's an open challenge and it you want to prove me wrong, then I invite you to start one.

skak, I don't know if you have seen me with the picture of "Jesus" around my neck to make a statement like that. I think you are confusing Catholic indoctrination with basic Christian teachings. This is one of the reason, the Protestant church sprang up and protested against Catholicism. The veneration of Mary and symbols of "Jesus" in Catholic Cathedrals and homes are not Christian beliefs. Christians worship God in Spirit and Truth. John 4:23 ===> But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him

Exodus 20:1-10 is an example of God telling his people not to worship any idol whatsoever. Please read it and see it. I hope I have thrown some light on it for you. I will re-affirm it again; the VENERATION OF STATUES/IMAGES OF MARY/"JESUS" are not Christian principles.

- Please read my response to skak; that is as much as I can say to you now.

- Again, America is not a Christian State, it's a secular one. Do not view this as a Christian nation attacking a Muslim nation.

Most importantly, I suggest we stick to the topic at hand. I am willing to answer any questions you have for clarification and for understanding. Saying that, we are all free to believe in whatsoever/whosoever we want to believe in. I honestly think majority of Muslims are simple people just want to live their lives and get along with everyone else and worship their God. The problem is this, if you believe in stones, don't throw it at anyone else who doesn't believe in it.

@Alexis
Are you trying to say catholic are not christian? Nawa wo!!! Who are they then?? In addition, i agree with you on one issue; muslims believed and worship to only one Allah but christiants believed and worship 3 Gods. So, they are not in anyway the same. Beside, Allah (swt) has 99 beautiful names but yet, God is not included. Anyhow, all muslims should put the name God on a pipe and smoke it away

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
skak - Are you trying to say catholic are not christian? Nawa wo!!! Who are they then?? In addition, i agree with you on one issue; muslims believed and worship to only one Allah but christians believed and worship 3 Gods. So, they are not in anyway the same. Beside, Allah (swt) has 99 beautiful names but yet, God is not included. Anyhow, all muslims should put the name God on a pipe and smoke it away

You asked me for clarification on why Christians worship statues of "Jesus" and Mary. I answered your questions and supported it with factual evidence from the Bible that it is not a Christian principle. I never made a claim that Catholics are not Christians. There are several doctrines that Catholics believe in that I don't subscribe to. For example, it is the catholic tradition of SOME catholics to confess their sins to a catholic priest in the Catholic Cathedral. This doctrine is not taught in the Bible, it is not scriptural and personally I don't subscribe to it. So, there are practices in the catholic church that I deem unscriptural (We discussed them above), but I have never forgotten the many wonderful merits of the Catholic Church either. I believe God is much bigger than our understanding, and His Church transcends denominational lines. I believe God can look into the heart of a Catholic and recognize a heart that follows Christ. Could you say that Mother Theresa is not a Christian? That been said, I also believe there is a responsibility on the part of Christians to expose false teachings whether it is in Churches or in Mosques; I hope you get me.

Again, I will happily answer all your questions. I will not blindly turn an eye because of religious leanings. However, the perfect example of a true Christian is not the Catholic church or the Anglican Church or any other Church but Jesus the Christ himself. He is our only example. Likewise, Muhammed should be the example of every muslim, his life, character, actions and history will show how a muslim should live. Do you agree with this? An honest answer will help us answer many questions you have about Christianity and many questions Christians have about Islam.

So, I have a question for you about a few things I don't understand in the Quran and Hadith, will you be willing to help me understand or throw more light on?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
skak:

Hahahahaha.....you are funny, so Hitler is the reason of Chritianity? You missed it dear.
History shows He was brought up in a religious way and that He followed the catholic practice, He had 6 ladies lovers of which two of His lovers commited suicide etc.
How He forcefully made christianity a most observed by schools and even invented the use of religious signs in the German Army etc.
These all character prove no genuinety of a true Christian, but one manipulating in the Name of Christianity. This is not Christ-like.

Besides, we are talking about Muhammed and you are bringing Hitler in, as if Hitler is the root of Christianity just as Muhammed is the source of Islam.
In fact, the bible speaks of Simon, a great sorcerer/magician He thought He could pretend to be Christ-like but Jesus Disciple rebuked Him instantly.

Acts 8:17-19, 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money
19 and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

What am i trying to point out here? The man pretended to have repented, but because He didnt recieve the gift of the Holy spirit,
He now felt He could buy it with money, His pretence was exposed instantly.

There are Many like "Simon" who have come and go and even today. They claim to be Christian, without genuine repentance, while thier heart is fear from the true teaching of the Scripture. You could have made sense if you had pointed at Jesus, but you absolutly can't, because your quran will refute you.
It says that Jesus is faultless. So how can you contradict your Prophet
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
Geewan: I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
The prove is in MALI and BOKO HARAM's .....What a good withness you bear!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.