Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50803 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BetaThings: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

OK. He had grand delusions of being a prophet when he was 40. But the Jihad movemnt started when he was 53 and died 10yrs later.

for the first 10yrs nothing happened. he started stealing and raping (hallmark of islamic jihad) at 53.

I have not insulted any figure in Christianity. It is not our tradition
As soon as you begin insulting Islamic figures, I will stop talking
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by omomame: 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

Jehovah and HE is not the same as your allah

HE is the same........ JAH JEHOVAH means YA ALLAH......... take note
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by adaybayor(m): 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

OK. He had grand delusions of being a prophet when he was 40. But the Jihad movemnt started when he was 53 and died 10yrs later.

for the first 10yrs nothing happened. he started stealing and raping (hallmark of islamic jihad) at 53.

just accept you were wrong and stop talking nonsense
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BetaThings: 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan: ... who is killing thousands TODAY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/

Jesus Killed Mohammed

The crusade for a Christian military

When Sergeant Jeffery Humphrey and his squad of nine men, part of the 1/26 Infantry of the 1st Infantry Division, were assigned to a Special Forces compound in Samarra, he thought they had drawn a dream duty. “Guarding Special Forces, it was like Christmas,” he says. In fact, it was spring, 2004; and although Humphrey was a combat veteran of Kosovo and Iraq, the men to whom he was detailed, the 10th Special Forces Group, were not interested in grunts like him. They would not say what they were doing, and they used code names. They called themselves “the Faith element.” But they did not talk religion, which was fine with Humphrey.

An evenhanded Indianan with a precise turn of mind, Humphrey considered himself a no-nonsense soldier. His first duty that Easter Sunday was to make sure the roof watch was in place: a machine gunner, a man in a mortar pit, a soldier with a SAW (an automatic rifle on a bipod), and another with a submachine gun on loan from Special Forces. Together with two Bradley Fighting Vehicles on the ground and snipers on another roof, the watch covered the perimeter of the compound, a former elementary school overlooking the Tigris River.

Early that morning, a unit from the 109th National Guard Infantry dropped off their morning chow. With it came a holiday special—a video of Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ and a chaplain to sing the film’s praises, a gory cinematic sermon for an Easter at war. Humphrey ducked into the chow room to check it out. “It was the part where they’re killing Jesus, which is, I guess, pretty much the whole movie. Kind of turned my stomach.” He decided he’d rather burn trash.

He was returning from his first run to the garbage pit when the 109th came barreling back. Their five-ton—a supersized armored pickup—was rolling on rims, its tires flapping and spewing greasy black flames. “Came in on two wheels,” remembers one of Humphrey’s men, a machine gunner. On the ground behind it and in retreat before a furious crowd were more men from the 109th, laying down fire with their M-4s. Humphrey raced toward the five-ton as his roof shooters opened up, their big guns thumping above him. Later, when he climbed into the vehicle, the stink was overwhelming: of iron and gunpowder, blood and bullet casings. He reached down to grab a rifle, and his hand came up wet with brain.

Humphrey had been in Samarra for a month, and until that day his stay had been a quiet respite in one of the world’s oldest cities. Not long before, though, there had been a hint of trouble: a briefing in which his squad was warned that any soldier caught desecrating Islamic sites—Samarra is considered a holy city—would fall under “extreme penalty,” a category that can include a general court-martial and prison time. “I heard some guys were vandalizing mosques,” Humphrey says. “Spray-painting ’em with crosses.”

The rest of that Easter was spent under siege. Insurgents held off Bravo Company, which was called in to rescue the men in the compound. Ammunition ran low. A helicopter tried to drop more but missed. As dusk fell, the men prepared four Bradley Fighting Vehicles for a “run and gun” to draw fire away from the compound. Humphrey headed down from the roof to get a briefing. He found his lieutenant, John D. DeGiulio, with a couple of sergeants. They were snickering like schoolboys. They had commissioned the Special Forces interpreter, an Iraqi from Texas, to paint a legend across their Bradley’s armor, in giant red Arabic script.

“What’s it mean?” asked Humphrey.

Jesus killed Mohammed,” one of the men told him. The soldiers guffawed. JESUS KILLED MOHAMMED was about to cruise into the Iraqi night.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
BetaThings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/

Jesus Killed Mohammed

The crusade for a Christian military

When Sergeant Jeffery Humphrey and his squad of nine men, part of the 1/26 Infantry of the 1st Infantry Division, were assigned to a Special Forces compound in Samarra, he thought they had drawn a dream duty. “Guarding Special Forces, it was like Christmas,” he says. In fact, it was spring, 2004; and although Humphrey was a combat veteran of Kosovo and Iraq, the men to whom he was detailed, the 10th Special Forces Group, were not interested in grunts like him. They would not say what they were doing, and they used code names. They called themselves “the Faith element.” But they did not talk religion, which was fine with Humphrey.

An evenhanded Indianan with a precise turn of mind, Humphrey considered himself a no-nonsense soldier. His first duty that Easter Sunday was to make sure the roof watch was in place: a machine gunner, a man in a mortar pit, a soldier with a SAW (an automatic rifle on a bipod), and another with a submachine gun on loan from Special Forces. Together with two Bradley Fighting Vehicles on the ground and snipers on another roof, the watch covered the perimeter of the compound, a former elementary school overlooking the Tigris River.

Early that morning, a unit from the 109th National Guard Infantry dropped off their morning chow. With it came a holiday special—a video of Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ and a chaplain to sing the film’s praises, a gory cinematic sermon for an Easter at war. Humphrey ducked into the chow room to check it out. “It was the part where they’re killing Jesus, which is, I guess, pretty much the whole movie. Kind of turned my stomach.” He decided he’d rather burn trash.

He was returning from his first run to the garbage pit when the 109th came barreling back. Their five-ton—a supersized armored pickup—was rolling on rims, its tires flapping and spewing greasy black flames. “Came in on two wheels,” remembers one of Humphrey’s men, a machine gunner. On the ground behind it and in retreat before a furious crowd were more men from the 109th, laying down fire with their M-4s. Humphrey raced toward the five-ton as his roof shooters opened up, their big guns thumping above him. Later, when he climbed into the vehicle, the stink was overwhelming: of iron and gunpowder, blood and bullet casings. He reached down to grab a rifle, and his hand came up wet with brain.

Humphrey had been in Samarra for a month, and until that day his stay had been a quiet respite in one of the world’s oldest cities. Not long before, though, there had been a hint of trouble: a briefing in which his squad was warned that any soldier caught desecrating Islamic sites—Samarra is considered a holy city—would fall under “extreme penalty,” a category that can include a general court-martial and prison time. “I heard some guys were vandalizing mosques,” Humphrey says. “Spray-painting ’em with crosses.”

The rest of that Easter was spent under siege. Insurgents held off Bravo Company, which was called in to rescue the men in the compound. Ammunition ran low. A helicopter tried to drop more but missed. As dusk fell, the men prepared four Bradley Fighting Vehicles for a “run and gun” to draw fire away from the compound. Humphrey headed down from the roof to get a briefing. He found his lieutenant, John D. DeGiulio, with a couple of sergeants. They were snickering like schoolboys. They had commissioned the Special Forces interpreter, an Iraqi from Texas, to paint a legend across their Bradley’s armor, in giant red Arabic script.

“What’s it mean?” asked Humphrey.

Jesus killed Mohammed,” one of the men told him. The soldiers guffawed. JESUS KILLED MOHAMMED was about to cruise into the Iraqi night.

Err i thought arab armies, al qaeda, the taliban and boko haram were the ones crying allahu akba whenever they are out for christian blood? So what is the problem there? That muslims are allowed to have islamic armies but christians dare not?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
COOLDUN:

Outside Nigeria like which countries? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Somalia? Yemen? Northern Mali? Even in Saudi Arabia? Iraq? Iran? Syria? Please spare us that jare. Until all the pretending real Muslims condemn terrorism openly then I will be convinced that there are different Muslims. Till then all of them speak with one voice, and believe in one doctrine and religious ideologies. Where do these Imams, mullahs, and mallams study their Islamic religion?

edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/03/fatwa.against.terror/index.html

theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_voices_against_extremism_and_terrorism_part_i_fatwas/

Muslims have been condemning terrorism it is just that you guys have vowed not to listen!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BetaThings: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:
you b@stards have thrived in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation but not with me.If you phuck with me I will let you have the whole kaffir d1ck!

You are now demonstrating the truth about Christianity - hate. curse, and disregard for the truth
At least you never fell for all that "turn the other cheek" thing they assailed me with in CRK class

GhostFaceKiller:

wetin you go do?

abeg make i hear word...you

I will allow you to have your pastime of insults and profanity alone. All by yourself
KINDLY do have a pleasant time
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. cheesy cheesy

But if it makes you sleep at night.

You can do both if it allows you to know what you are doing! grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

wetin you go do?

abeg make i hear word...

you b@stards have thrived in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation but not with me.If you phuck with me I will let you have the whole kaffir d1ck!

And you went to church today, . . . Smh
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BetaThings: 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

Err i thought arab armies, al qaeda, the taliban and boko haram were the ones crying allahu akba whenever they are out for christian blood? So what is the problem there? That muslims are allowed to have islamic armies but christians dare not?
None whatsoever
I actually was under the impression that the case made by the US to the UN on Iraq never mentioned religion
I had also been led to believe that people don't fight in the name of Christianity
I had seen some people challenge others to bring evidence that killings are done in the name of Christianity
Good to know that Christianity is being reformed to become relevant to the needs of a changing and complex society

BTW when will the people stop calling themselves followers of Christ. Is it when only 10% of what Jesus Christ (PBUH) taught is left or must all his teachings be removed first?

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BetaThings: 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
adaybayor:

go ask your
Salaam

This certainly will not do
Remember the hadith of the prophet (PBUH)
It goes roughly like this
"Don't abuse your parents. How? When you abuse parents of others and they abuse yours in return"
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by adaybayor(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
BetaThings:
Salaam

This certainly will not do
Remember the hadith of the prophet (PBUH)
It goes roughly like this
"Don't abuse your parents. How? When you abuse parents of others and they abuse yours in return"

thanks brother
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Sike(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
Islam... My Only Way!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BashToks: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=Tee_Seven]This just goes to show that islam is undoubtedly the most self-contradictory, irrational and confused ideology on the face of the planet.
Islamabad indeed
smh.[/quote

Are u for real!!?? A christian calling Islam self contradictory and confused!? Really
Islam is the only religion that can claim to have successfully pulled off Unification.
Not to criticize ur methods as christians but u have the most diverse set of ideologies and denominations in any religious movement ever since the beginning of man. Am not so sure why U all still come under one umbrella as Christians as a matter of fact!
Pathetic!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by JOYCEOUS(f): 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Stalwert:

And you went to church today, . . . Smh
how difrent r u 4rm him, wer u nt in mosque 2day
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by BashToks: 6:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
gboss4sure: We only believe what we see we have seen and tasted voilence as the nature of islam so it remains our ideology of islam until we see changes

Spoken like a short sighted person! Base your facts on what happens around you and at a particular time only!
Smh!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by heisenberg33: 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
SlyIg: Nigerian's Islamic Religion is no longer what their Mohammed and Allah want them to do but what the Northern leaders like Buhari, IBB and the likes want them to do.
Naija Islam had been adultrated since...
Pure Islamic is only practised outside Naija.

Really??.ok like Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc right?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by jmoore(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mohammad cannot read and write. who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by thaoriginator: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

wetin you go do?

abeg make i hear word...

yo take it easy niccur
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
JOYCEOUS: how difrent r u 4rm him, wer u nt in mosque 2day

It is very concerning that your christian there is hurling insults and using profanity and yet you ask how am I diff. From him, I am very diff. Thank you, I present my point without using disgusting language at others, sunday suppose to be holy to youu guys atleast yet we see how unholy words he uses freely without shame . . . Yet rather than correct his foul manners it is me a muslim that seem to be your greates problem that is sad!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by chloride6: 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
omo mame:

HE is the same........ JAH JEHOVAH means YA ALLAH......... take note

Who says jehovah and allah are d same? Allah is a god(yeah i used small letters) that originated from mecca.mecca had 365 gods and the whole city worshipped one god per day,until the big headed bandit named muhammed decided to hijack things and force his god on everybody with his holy wars. Allah literally mean god of the moon. That why our muslim bro's cant even brush in the morning without studying the moon. Fvcking moon freaks
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by heisenberg33: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

I would say, I am right thinking and Intelligent (Alhamdulilah). I have studied the Quran to a decent degree and i am both intellectually and emotionally convinced of Islam.

I think you are too lazy to do proper research yourself.

Question: What authoritative muslim text have you read or studied?

I am not talking of anti-Islam websites research, I am talking of a proper research from the sources of Islam,

It is very useless doing a research when the evidences that point to a violent religion is all abound...It is like asking him to do a research to see if 2+2 is really equal to 4.....It doesn't matter digging up one ancient letter and trying to use it to convince the world that Islam preaches peace. We have a plethora of contemporary evidences in Syria,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Iraq,Nigeria, Mali etc.What other research do you want from him? All those terrorists in these volatile countries all claim to be defending your religion and the prophet.Isn't this enough proof? Yet you want him to do a research.I take it that any research that doesn't come to a conclusion that Islam is peaceful would not be acceptable to you..........I think you are the one who needs to do a proper research, and please try to use contemporary evidences that are abound, not some ancient/controversial letter
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by jiffylibra: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
adaybayor:

oh i need a proper definition of the jehovah

then who is jesus?

why do you xtians say jesus is lord?

why do you xtians respect jesus more than you respect jehovah?

i need good and clear answers!!!
I think you can learn from www.jw.org
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Yujin(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Beta things, you seem intelligent and vast in history. I commend your question on whether the extinction of Islam would help stop supposed 'christian' nations from fighting one another.
I believe both religions should be viewed based on what is written in their holy books and paying premium attention on their founders (Jesus Christ & Mohammed). The words of Jesus Christ distinguished Him world over and still do till date. His personality CANNOT be faulted but for Mohammed, it was a big let down for a supposed prophet. Christianity lost great(spiritual) power when Emperor constantine came into power- it became a state religion which got muddled with politics. It was during his time that the inquisition took place. Later came the Crusades and lots of atrocities committed by supposed followers of Christ(The Prince of Peace). All these things happened in fulfilment of Jesus' parable(Parable of the weeds) written in Mathew 13vs24-30. See its explanation in vs 36-43.
I will conclude by quoting a muslim convert(now a christian) in one of the conferences I attended some years ago, "If there is another way to God aside Christianity, I would have left for it because of the kind of life supposed christians lead. However, Jesus Christ remains the ONLY Way, Truth and Life... Him shall I follow".
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
jmoore: Mohammad cannot read and write. who is deceiving who?

Unless you r suggesting nobody else could write, prophet muhammad pbuh (greatest man that ever lived) had his scribe who he dictated to whenever he wanted to send a letter! So get your facts rights! I am expecting you to claim there was no ink during those days grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by dustydee: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
dustydee: @Muslims in the house,
Why is the practice of any other religion prohibited in Saudi Arabia and some other Islamic countries? Will you, the true muslims, fight against this practice and advocate for the abolition of these "unislamic" act?
please I am still waiting for an answer

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by free2ryhme: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
abibio2001: This is what ISLAM is really about not what some misguided disillusioned extremists potray it to be.

thats if they can read... lol
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by jahjehova(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
It is not consistent with history, this letter is either fake or an isolated act of humanity of Muhammad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.