Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50809 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. Google your own post and see the responses to it. Overflogged quotes that you don't know the context and meaning of.

KEEP DECIEVING FOLKS WHO GIVE YOU LISTENING EARS. YOU PEOPLE EMBRACED ISLAM WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE ARIBIC LANGUAGE PROPERLY.

I WILL NOT EVEN POST THE HADITHS HERE, BECAUSE THE HOUSE WILL BE POLLUTED THE MORE..... grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by nagoma(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: I tnk dis s anoda NL dilusion! Does dis document realy exist? Den y do muslims kill christians, burn and loot churches, especialy n northern nigeria? I tnk all most islamic leaders n northern nigeria are headng straigt fo hell, fo misguidng dere folowers

You may be right in that.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by ParisLove1: 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
tintingz:

Hahahahaha FOOL!

[size=20pt]And when it is said to them:
Believe as the people believe,
they say: Shall we believe as
the fools have believed? Is it
not that surely they are
themselves the fools? But they
do not know.
[Baqarah : 15][/size] grin grin tongue tongue

The verse you quoted aint for me a muslim buh you that reject Mohammed(sa) message.
Who told you that you're a muslim? You're the vilest of animalscheesy

Shakir:surah8:55 [size=20pt]Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who believe Muhammad.[/size]

You really should stick to my previous advice and hang yourself according to quran and try not to explode while at lest you will become the latest in a long line of Muslims that have exploded. And try not quote me again, you won't be graced with a reply.cheesy grin tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by nagoma(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Thatdave: uptill now no imam has denounced the northern blood shed as unislamic. giving references to the quran. on national news paper or television! the true muslims are afraid. those to wage the true jihad have no balls. 4uk islam.

With due respect , you are wrong.a great number of muslim leaders and imams have condemn the killings as Un-Islamic and these are regularly reported in the papers and media. Those who attend mosque services will attest that imams sermons in the last two years or so have made special concentration on admonishing the followers against the violence and killings and always quoting the Quran and Hadith to support their sermon. Please try to be objective and say only what you are sure of

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tohirah(f): 11:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

offcourse you are! only dumb muskins support their rubbish
You're not thinking straight,so I'l let it go
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
plappville:

First i hope you know He was telling a parable, in this context, He 's talking in the voice of the landlord from the parable.
It sort of makes sense becos that was how people used to retain their power/land.
That's what a landlord might say. And also, I the parable at this point was referring to the time of judgment, when the Lord sees wht we've done with our lives.
At this time, those who didn't want God to rule would be cast out of his presence "aka, spiritual death".
So this statement was included in the parable, It was not actually an order to his disciples. If you say it was, then you denial you Kuran that says, Jesus was faultless/sinless.

How about this very recent riot in Mali? what do you have to say?
LOl... Parable ma nyash grin you for say paraga grin tongue maybe Jesus hanging is also parable infact everything in the bible is parable "kill them if they dont want me to be king over them"

Parable indeed *chuckle*
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
Paris_Love: Who told you that you're a muslim? You're the vilest of animalscheesy

Shakir:surah8:55 [size=20pt]Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who believe Muhammad.[/size]

You really should stick to my previous advice and hang yourself according to quran and try not to explode while at lest you will become the latest in a long line of Muslims that have exploded. And try not quote me again, you won't be graced with a reply.cheesy grin tongue
[size=20pt]
Tintingz turned and said to Paris-lover,
"Get behind me, Satan! You are
a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." [Matthew 16:23][/size]

And dont quote me again tongue tongue tongue grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by easiaq(m): 12:01am On Jan 14, 2013
uromi.com:
must arab people get bear bear me don tıre for all these mallam face self
even d person u call jesus ve bearedfull over his face so d muslim do emulate jesus luk more dan u xtian do?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by maclatunji: 12:04am On Jan 14, 2013
easiaq: even d person u call jesus ve bearedfull over his face so d muslim do emulate jesus luk more dan u xtian do?

You mean the "Italian" dude who isn't Jesus but is sold to the world as Jesus? LOL.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by REVOLUTNIS: 12:34am On Jan 14, 2013
trash! Muslims can only deceive or brainwash few with their make up lies not people like me.
go on with ur deception and empty lies, the facts still remains that those who are killing Christians and non-Muslims all over the world are true and genuine Muslims includes boko haram.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Geewan(m): 12:47am On Jan 14, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: trash! Muslims can only deceive or brainwash few with their make up lies not people like me.
go on with ur deception and empty lies, the facts still remains that those who are killing Christians and non-Muslims all over the world are true and genuine Muslims includes boko haram.

Where is the TRASH bin?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:32am On Jan 14, 2013
Paris_Love: What? you disagree with me?

If anyone thinks that [size=20pt]allah will not give victory to His apostle me in this world and in the world to come, let him(tintingz) tie a rope to the ceiling of his house and hang himself![/size] Then let him see if his device has done away with that which has enraged him.(Surah 22:15).
Dude ur confuzin me, r u a muslim or a christian?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Successfigure: 3:19am On Jan 14, 2013
No matter what! Jesus Christ is the only saviour of the WORLD. He die on the cross for the redemption of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 14, 2013
gists:

And mosques were not touched and non-christian southerners were spared abi? Sounds like you are only concerned about your brethren and not human life generally. And don't know that there are christian northerners killing muslims too.
It is called charade. Hypocrisy is what Muslims are good at.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Ubenedictus(m): 4:30am On Jan 14, 2013
abibio2001: In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

An English translation of that document is presented below.

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

http://www.islamic-study.org/saint_catherine_monastery.htm

this isn't new, after making all those promises his successors attacked constantinople, jerusalem, atioch, alexandria and all the early xtian cities and converted everyone to islam by force or increased tax, converted churches to mosque and molested d xtians, they captured so much xtian land till they reached spain and d pope knew rome was next, broken promises like d above is d reason y d pope called d crusades becos d muslims refused to let d xtians live in peace.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 4:50am On Jan 14, 2013
It's amazing how people go off topic and start a whole christian/muslim bashing. Let us stick to the topic at hand and in honesty make effort to learn without using curse words and profanities.

I don't know the authenticity of the document but for the sake of argument, if it was authentic - it's a claim that Muslims will use to prove that Islam is peaceful. That been said, the final authority on ALL matters of Islam is the Quran and the Hadith. That is where she should do our research from and draw on facts to determine the claims the Quran makes about peace. Most importantly, we should stick to the topic at hand and not wander off.

That been said, I read the entire post and boy was it LOOOONG smiley. I have a few points in response to some posters

BetaThings
- Reading some of your responses, it appears you think America is a Christian State. I want you to know it is not, it is a secular state. So, when America invades another country i.e. Iraq for example, this is not a Christian nation invading a Muslim nation. There are thousands of Muslims in the US military serving in Iraq. On the other hand, there is not one Christian soldier in Saudi Arabia. So, just for the record, the US is not a Christian State, it's a secular one. That is why Muslims can build mosque here and worship in freedom, the reverse is not the same in Saudi Arabia.

tintingz
- You are of the opinion that the God of the Bible and Allah of the Quran are the same. History doesn't agree with you on this. I don't think we need to argue this one. My proof is simple, if they were the same, Muslims will not deny the son-ship and deity of Jesus. On the flip side, Christians will be bowing down to Mecca 5 times a day or traveling to Mecca every year. However, that is not the case.

snowboy12
- Judge a religion by its Holy scriptures and not the followers. Technically, you are in-correct. The prophet Mohammed is the perfect example of who every Muslim should want to be like. So, his life-style, attitude, character and actions are example that Muslims should emulate. The same with Christians, Jesus the Christ is the primary example of every Christian and they should listen, obey and want to be like him. I think it's that simple; wouldn't you agree?

I hope my two cents will add some sanity to the bashing. Let us be cordial and respectful.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tpia5: 5:25am On Jan 14, 2013
the pent up fury which was released on this [and some other] thread/s, speaks volumes.

anyway, more on that later, still observing.

the mods here can clean up the thread?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tpia5: 5:38am On Jan 14, 2013
abibio2001: In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

one has to consider:

1. the date of the document

2. the period of islam it was purported to cover ie at what stage of the muslin expansion

3. what was the context in which it was written

4.more info on the monks of st katherine is needed.

a few of the issues arising when discussing the letter.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 5:47am On Jan 14, 2013
Thatdave: uptill now no imam has denounced the northern blood shed as unislamic. giving references to the quran. on national news paper or television! the true muslims are afraid. those to wage the true jihad have no balls. 4uk islam.

and yet, Adolf Hitler was a christian also never denounced the blood shed he had as Unchristian. You must be fool enough by justifying religion with the action of some sect.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by skak(m): 6:05am On Jan 14, 2013
maclatunji:

You mean the "Italian" dude who isn't Jesus but is sold to the world as Jesus? LOL.

but yet, u christian believe he was Jesus becouse his picture, icons and tattoos were all over ur churches and homes and you pray to him...
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 6:09am On Jan 14, 2013
skak - and yet, Adolf Hitler was a christian also never denounced the blood shed he had as Unchristian. You must be fool enough by justifying religion with the action of some sect

Which sect will you be referring to?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by alexis(m): 6:21am On Jan 14, 2013
skak - but yet, u christian believe he was Jesus because his picture, icons and tattoos were all over ur churches and homes and you pray to him

Christians don't believe he is Jesus because of his picture. If you want some Bible Study in this area, I will be glad to set the record straight but we can save that for another post.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Modula(m): 6:30am On Jan 14, 2013
Hw sure are you that no imam has condemed thier act, and hw many imams have you really listens to thier sermons.please stop saying what you dont really know.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 6:36am On Jan 14, 2013
alexis: - You are of the opinion that the
God of the Bible and Allah of
the Quran are the same. History
doesn't agree with you on this. I don't think we need to argue
this one. My proof is simple, if
they were the same, Muslims will not deny the son-ship and deity of Jesus. On the flip side,
Christians will be bowing down
to Mecca 5 times a day or
traveling to Mecca every year. However, that is not the case.
If you want answers to your questions, kindly open another thread and ask...then you will get your answers smiley
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Erhuvwu1: 6:46am On Jan 14, 2013
The letter just like our national anthem, showed dat things were not okay, hence d advise from the prophet. Our national anthem talks abt peace, unity and progress. U only ask for these things where they don't exist. Those christians or non-hausa muslims who are gullible enof to belv d contents of d letter as it affects our northern brothers, shd go live in rigassan kabala west, kawo, ungwan sanusi etc, cos d prophet wrote a letter dat we all shd live in peace. Let's not deceive ourselves, islam and violence againts non-adherent are like identical twin.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Desric(m): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2013
The problem in Nigeria is not that of religion, rather, its of greed, selfishness, pride, corruption, deceit, cover-ups, destructions, nd sheer Wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by kenzspunpy(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2013
Why do u guys waste so much sweat trying to prove nothing? Who on earth has ever seen the ALMIGHTY GOD or ALLAH? Who amongst you has ever seen Jesus Christ or Mohammad? Any religion is hall-marked by FAITH, be it Christianity or Islam, stop justifying your religion! From this topic, I think it has been exposed that there are as many christian bigots as their muslim counterparts! By the way, I'm a very proud christian!!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by niyimat(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2013
adaybayor:

oh i need a proper definition of the jehovah

then who is jesus?

why do you xtians say jesus is lord?

why do you xtians respect jesus more than you respect jehovah?

i need good and clear answers!!!

in psalms 83:18. That people may know you whose name is Jehovah, you are the most high in all the universe. A number of other Bible translations give similar renderings. However,many translations leave out the name Jehovah replacing it with titles such as 'Lord' or 'Eternal'. He alone has always existed .psalms 90:2 says 'Even from time Indefinite to time indefinite (forever) you are God.

He want us to know his name and use it 'isaiah 42:8' I am Jehovah, this is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

Jesus on the other hand is the promised messiah, jehovah God inspired many Bible prophet to provide details about his birth, the ministry and death of Jesus. they are amazingly accurate and detailed. (isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled in Mat 1:18-25), (psalms 2:7 fulfilled in Matthew. 3:17) a few of the several prophecies.

Jesus never equated himself to Jehovah_ john 14:28 .....am going my way to the father, BECAUSE the father is greater than I am.

Why son of God- jehovah is called the father because he is the creator (isaiah 64:cool since Jesus was created by God, he is called God's son. For similar reasons, other spirit creatures, even the man Adam. Are called sons of God.- job1:6,luke3:38.
For further research and reading of those Bible verses, you can visit www.jw.org
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by DMainMan: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2013
I bear witness that there is no God except ALLAH, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of ALLAH.

In summary, Islam is Peace. Don’t be misguided from the activities of ignorant and bad muslims. To know the truth about Islam, go to:

http://www.islamicity.com
http://www.islamonline.com
http://www.islam.com
http://www.islamicreligion.com

For a free copy of the Holy Quran in any language, go to:
http://www.qurandownload.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.