Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (50812 Views)

Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastry / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Geewan(m): 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
gboss4sure: We only believe what we see we have seen and tasted voilence as the nature of islam so it remains our ideology of islam until we see changes

Words of an uneducated Bigot
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tpia5: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
I was going to say, need comments on the letter in question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tpia5: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
Trojavirus: It is not consistent with history, this letter is either fake or an isolated act of humanity of Muhammad

Can you explain better.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by gerald09(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
J12: Are you it was Muhammad that wrote that?
So who introduced Jihad?

It wasn't Muhammed dat introduce jihad, its the people he left in charge after his death. After his death some of his top followers introduce their own ideology on islam which also created a division in d islam faith till date. Some Muslims believe in Jihad some don't.
Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ also had such problems in d xtian faith back then.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
abibio2001: This is what ISLAM is really about not what some misguided disillusioned extremists potray it to be.

The extremists are your brothers. Take this message to them.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
chloride6:

Who says jehovah and allah are d same? Allah is a god(yeah i used small letters) that originated from mecca.mecca had 365 gods and the whole city worshipped one god per day,until the big headed bandit named muhammed decided to hijack things and force his god on everybody with his holy wars. Allah literally mean god of the moon. That why our muslim bro's cant even brush in the morning without studying the moon. Fvcking moon freaks
--Before you insult your creator and my creator...see what God was written in arabic bible

[Genesis 1:1 - EnglishBible - King James Version]
"In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic transliteration]
"Fee al-badi' khalaqa Allah u as-Samaawaat wa al-Ard . . . "

[John 3:16 - English Bible - King James Version]
"For God so loved theworld, that . . . "

[John 3:16 - Arabic transliteration]
"Li-annhu haakadha ahabba Allah u al-'Aalama hataa badhala . . . "

[Luke 1:30 - English Bible - King James Version]
" . . . Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God."

[Luke 1:30 - Arabic transliteration]
" . . . Laa takhaafee, yaa Maryam, li-annaki qad wajadti ni'amat(an) i'nda Allah i."

-- And Mohammed(pbuh) smashed every idol in the Ka'aba

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Masud:
The Prophet entered Mecca and (at that time) there were three hundred-and-sixty idols around the Ka'ba. He started stabbing the idols with a stick he had in his hand and reciting: "Truth (Islam) has come and Falsehood (disbelief) has vanished."
Volume007, Book 066, Hadith Number 382.

-- As for calling Allah fvcking moon freak...read Allah condemning worshiping what he created

"Among His Signs are the Nightand the Day and the Sun and Moon. Prostrate (adore) not to the Sun and the Moon but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve." Holy Qur'an 41:37

-- So stop the crap lies and knowledge yourself about Islam

"Nay We hurl the Truth againstfalsehood and it knocks out its brain and behold falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe(to Us).
Holy Qur'an 21:18
grin tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
maclatunji: Have we not always told you that the problem we have in Nigeria is failure of Political leadership? However, I think some Christians prefer the picture of the Almajiri as the poster boys for Islam because it makes them feel better about themselves. Unfortunately, they are just helping to misinform already misinformed Children who do not know what Islam is all about with dire consequences of course.

Lesson: Do not spread hate of any individual or group lest that hate boomerangs to consume you. You can be firm and not tolerate depravity but do it for the purpose of maintaining law and order and not just for the reason of hate!

There are two levels of hate.

1. I hate you but let you live.

2. I hate you and i kill you.

The later is what islam has reperesented in Nigeria over the years. How many imams have preached the contents of this write-up to their followers? Listen to the speeches made by leaders like Buhari even after post election bloodshed. What do they represent There is no way you wont hate someone who wants you dead at all cost for selfish or religious reasons.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by ParisLove1: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
QURAN WAS CORRUPTED BY CHRISTIANS?

Have you ever wondered why Quran implies that Prophet Jesus had godly characteristics and Prophet Mo had satanic characteristics ? It is because Christians have corrupted our holy book.

Here are the proofs.

- Quran mentions in sura 19 that Jesus was born by immaculate conception . That implies that Prophet Mo was conceived from lustful sex like a low life animal.

- , Quran designated one whole sura to the mother of Jesus (Mary,sura 19). Poor Mo’s mother Amina was not even mentioned once, leave alone naming a sura after her.

- Quran says Jesus was a born a genius who could talk as a new born (5.110) . It also says that Mo was born as a slowpoke who could never learn to read or write all his life (7.157,7.158).

Quran says Jesus could make a clay bird and give life to it (5.110). That means he was capable of creating his own food. On the other hand Allah had to make stealing halal for Mo because Mo was not capable of earning his own bread (8.1,8.41) .

Quran says Jesus could give life to dead people (5.110) . On the other hand Mo could only kill live people dead (3.152,8.17,8.67,33.26-27)..

(Mo holds the world record of beheading 900 men of Quraiza in a single day)

- Quran says Jesus could give sight to the blind (5.110). Mo took the sight away from of the seeing . (He had eyes of the Ukul men gouged because they had stolen Mo’s stolen camels ).

- Quran says Allah gave Jesus capability of curing incurable diseases like leprosy (5.110). Allah gave no such power to Mo (20.133). His own most beloved son Ibrahim ( from his sex slave Maria) died in front of him, although Mo prayed and begged Allah for his health for several nights.

- Allah made Jesus a saint who never lusted women . Allah made Mo a Satan who killed innocent men and enslaved their wives and daughters and raped them 33.50).

Allah made Jesus very kind and compassionate , one who abhorred slavery. Allah made Mo a slave monger (33.50)..

Allah made Jesus a very loving man who loved children .Allah made Mo a pedophile who made love to children (65.4).

- Quran says Jesus did not die , he was raised to heaven by Allah . Allah did no such favors for Mo. He was buried in ground to rot after he died a very painful death, poisoned by his enemies..

CONCLUSION

Does all the above facts sound like they are from Islam’s holy book ?.How can a book which shows Islam’s prophet Mo to be worse than a common criminal in every respect , be from a God who claims him to be his equal (obeying Mohammad is obeying Allah ,4.80) . Surely Christians have corrupted it and Muslims are in denial about it..??

#TeamJesuswins

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
tpia@:
btw, not sure why this isnt in muslim section.

Tell the mods to move it there...
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by farmer99: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: I tnk dis s anoda NL dilusion! Does dis document realy exist? Den y do muslims kill christians, burn and loot churches, especialy n northern nigeria? I tnk all most islamic leaders n northern nigeria are headng straigt fo hell, fo misguidng dere folowers
d document is real my broda, is u dat nid to think wise, islam is religion of peace, dose pple ar not muslim.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by snowboy12: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
Doz Muslims who hate d xtians and burn churches are goin against the doctrines and teachings of Islam,dats wat u guys should know.Islam is a religion of peace and doesnt support killing of innocent lives...Judge a religion by its Holy scriptures and not the followers.If u want to judge by the followers,den check out d last prophet of Islam 'Muhammad S.A.W'...his biography and how he relates wif d Muslims and non-muslims alike. A proud to b a Muslim-PEACE AND SUBMISSION TO GOD!

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
jahjehova: please chek dis out
www.alisina.org/about-ali-sina/ and this
www.debate.org.uk/debate-topics/theological/islam_christ/
lol... Ali sina is a sinner grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Kitomania(m): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
snowboy12: Doz Muslims who hate d xtians and burn churches are goin against the doctrines and teachings of Islam,dats wat u guys should know.Islam is a religion of peace and doesnt support killing of innocent lives...Judge a religion by its Holy scriptures and not the followers.If u want to judge by the followers,den check out d last prophet of Islam 'Muhammad S.A.W'...his biography and how he relates wif d Muslims and non-muslims alike. A proud to b a Muslim-PEACE AND SUBMISSION TO GOD!
am one too
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
Paris_Love:

CONCLUSION

Does all the above facts sound like they are from Islam’s holy book ?.How can a book which shows Islam’s prophet Mo to be worse than a common criminal in every respect , be from a God who claims him to be his equal (obeying Mohammad is obeying Allah ,4.80) . Surely Christians have corrupted it and Muslims are in denial about it..??

#TeamJesuswins

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
[size=16pt]"Nay We hurl the Truth against falsehood and it knocks out its brain and behold falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe(to Us).
Holy Qur'an 21:18[/size]
tongue tongue tongue grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
ITs funny how Nigerians are breaking their head and fighting over these foreigners, while they dont give a Bleep about us. tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
Geewan: I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

To validate this, the Quran need to be edited. This written letter contradict both the Quran and hadith..you can fool some persons not all..!
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
farmer99: d document is real my broda, is u dat nid to think wise, islam is religion of peace, dose pple ar not muslim.

If this doc is real then the Quran and hadith Is false... undecided
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
May be the attitudes of our Muslim brothers in Nigeria will change if they start to learn, read and incite Quran in their own local languages.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by ParisLove1: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
tintingz: [size=16pt]"Nay We hurl the Truth against falsehood and it knocks out its brain and behold falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe(to Us).
Holy Qur'an 21:18[/size]
What? you disagree with me?

If anyone thinks that [size=20pt]allah will not give victory to His apostle me in this world and in the world to come, let him(tintingz) tie a rope to the ceiling of his house and hang himself![/size] Then let him see if his device has done away with that which has enraged him.(Surah 22:15).

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by maclatunji: 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
J12: Are you it was Muhammad that wrote that?
So who introduced Jihad?

LOL. Talk about the being uneducated about an issue. Define Jihad for us.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
Please muslims brothers,stop arguing with this ppl.Because when u argue with mad man,u will end up looking like him.It's clear,that this ppl are full of hate and have no single respect 4 other ppl faith and belive.So just leave them alone.If they think is ok to insult God,by using his arabic name.Just leave them alone.They will die,and oneday stand in front of Him.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
Paris_Love: What? you disagree with me?

If anyone thinks that [size=20pt]allah will not give victory to His apostle me in this world and in the world to come, let him(tintingz) tie a rope to the ceiling of his house and hang himself![/size] Then let him see if his device has done away with that which has enraged him.(Surah 22:15).

Hahahahaha FOOL!

[size=20pt]And when it is said to them:
Believe as the people believe,
they say: Shall we believe as
the fools have believed? Is it
not that surely they are
themselves the fools? But they
do not know.
[Baqarah : 15][/size] grin grin tongue tongue

The verse you quoted aint for me a muslim buh you that reject Mohammed(sa) message.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
4unme: May be the attitudes of our Muslim brothers in Nigeria will change if they start to learn, read and incite Quran in their own local languages.

Learn what? The quran is in full support of thier actions!

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

What is BOKO HARAM' AIM what is happening now in Mali?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Paris_Love: What? you disagree with me?

Na war the two of una dey here..... grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by Stalwert: 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
The bible supports genocide/ethnic cleasing:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says...
‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not
spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep,
camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

An estimated 800, 000 Rwandans murdered by fellow christians (Rwandan) in what is now known as the Rwandan genocide!

shocked shocked : o shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by tintingz(m): 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
plappville:

Learn what? The quran is in full support of thier actions!

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

What is BOKO HARAM' AIM what is happening now in Mali?
hun?

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over
them--bring them here and kill them in front of me." [Luke 19:27]
Explain?
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
abibio2001: In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

An English translation of that document is presented below.

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

http://www.islamic-study.org/saint_catherine_monastery.htm

CONTRADICTING GALLORE!!! are we to believe what? the quran/hadith or this letter. grin grin

[b]O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14
[/b]

There numerous verses of hating/killing those who do not believe/accept islam. Stop this false claim, cos it contradict the Quran.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by anti9JA: 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
As birds are agents for the dispersal of seeds, to know who are the dispersal of Islam in Africa, click here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1161236/fulani-scourge-africa#13816891
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
tintingz: hun?

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over
them--bring them here and kill them in front of me." [Luke 19:27]
Explain?

First i hope you know He was telling a parable, in this context, He 's talking in the voice of the landlord from the parable.
It sort of makes sense becos that was how people used to retain their power/land.
That's what a landlord might say. And also, I the parable at this point was referring to the time of judgment, when the Lord sees wht we've done with our lives.
At this time, those who didn't want God to rule would be cast out of his presence "aka, spiritual death".
So this statement was included in the parable, It was not actually an order to his disciples. If you say it was, then you denial you Kuran that says, Jesus was faultless/sinless.

How about this very recent riot in Mali? what do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by maclatunji: 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
plappville:

CONTRADICTING GALLORE!!! are we to believe what? the quran/hadith or this letter. grin grin

[b]O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14
[/b]

There numerous verses of hating/killing those who do not believe/accept islam. Stop this false claim, cos it contradict the Quran.

LOL. Google your own post and see the responses to it. Overflogged quotes that you don't know the context and meaning of.
Re: Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery by plappville(f): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
Stalwert: The bible supports genocide/ethnic cleasing:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says...
‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not
spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep,
camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

An estimated 800, 000 Rwandans murdered by fellow christians (Rwandan) in what is now known as the Rwandan genocide!

shocked shocked : o shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked

There is nothing like God ordering killing in the new convenant with Christ. You can search the scriptures and provide one if you have? Even when Christ was to be arrested, Peter shop off the ear of one of the soldia, Jesus healed it instantly and told him that those who use the sword will die by the sword. Does this sound like a brutal,hate promoting prophet to you?

Matthew 26:51-52 With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

The Rwandan has no link with Jesus teachings, we know the truth. Muslims who kill fight, force/oblige people to convert to ISLAM IS a command from Mohammed.

Sura 2:193 and 8:39 Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

This one is incredible!!! shocked shocked He came after Jesus WHwho was so merciful, He showed mercy despite how He was humilated, Insulted.
Muhammed came and contradicted Jesus by not showing mercy but instant judgement. How do you expect Christians to take him serious?

As for the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah. - Surah 5:38

This is where the sharia" punishments came from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Man Beaten For Sleeping Unclad In A Mosque And Using Quran As Pillow (Photo) / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.