Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,640 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

I'm Proud Of Being From Imo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Proud Of Being From Imo (3854 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / "I Am So Proud Of My Husband" – Aisha Buhari / Few Pics From Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by houvest: 8:46am On May 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

The oppression of the Ngwa must stop.

Pharaoh, let the Ngwa go!

tongue

LOL. Who is opressing Ngwa? OUK wanted Abaribe to succeed him but they qaurelled and he chose Orji who has now thrown off  his overlordship. I believe that Ngwa man will succeed Orji but they have to play the rfight politics. Besides not every clan in Igboland or any ethnic zone for that matter has ruled their stateeg Mbaise in Imo,etc Democracy has thrived for only a sum of about 6 or so terms in Nigeria since the creation of states and when knowing that a governor is entitled to 2 terms, there is no point in making a mountain out of a mole hill and trying to use a divide and conquer tactic in Abia state or Igboland?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by mensdept: 3:17pm On May 08, 2011
Abia people arent serious. Period. Instead of organizing yourself to do one small task- voting out/removing all expired incumbent members of assembly, national assembly, governor, you instead allowed yourself to be taken as irrelavant again. Then you turn around and say Ngwa is being divided, exploited, no credible opposition, Kalu too strong, Orji could redeem himself, and nonsense.

Meanwhile, the educated and serious people in Imo State, despite all the attempts to intimidate, bribe, rigg, and kill, stood steadfast and, with the help of real community leaders (Arch-bishop, community leaders) got the job done. In the SW, the party that has the people's interest swept the region, and the north has parties (ANPP, PDP, CPC) that they are the majority in.

So Abia people, una get what you deserve.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by vicenzo(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2011
You all can now see why i dont like this abagworo of a person,someone here rightly refered to him as the new ukpabi asika of igboland,how can a true igboman call any part of igboland "hell",anyway, okorocha is a welcome change but lets not forget that he was once a part of  PDP,a party "we" love to hate,i hope some people will not be disappointed come 2015.

@houvest
ngwa is not just a clan in abia state,ngwa together with their ukwa brother controls 9 out of 17 lga in abia state,ie they control more than half of abia state,you cant compare them with mbaise who controls 3 out 27 lgas in imo state,or with any other clan in igboland for that matter.

The problem of ngwa is lack of unity of purpose,every other group in abia knows this and have used it against ngwa,in this 2011 election,abia north(arochukwu,ohafia,bende,isuikwuato,umunneochi),knows that this is not their turn since OUK who is from abia north had ruled the state from 1999 to 2007.

This year race was between ngwa and umuahia,with umuahia controlling only 3 lgas(umuahia north and south,ikwuano),and a neutral abia north,the onus was on ngwa to put its house in order and save the soul of abia state,but no,what we saw was ngwa shooting itself on the foot by producing two candidates dividing ngwa votes in the process,as if that was not fatal,nkechi nwogu(an ngwa woman married to an umuahia man) and abaribe were on T.A team,the end result is what we have today,ngwa as usual have settled for deputy,abia will keep deteriorating,aba the capital of ngwaland will be neglected for another 4yrs ,ngwa's political naivety has come to hurt abia state,infact anyday,i will hear an ngwaman complain of marginalisation in abia or clamour for ngwa state,i will angry
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2011
I still don't get why people are so hung up over this whole Ngwa and governorship thing, and the way some people talk about it, it's as if there is this assumption that Ngwa could prove to be Abia's 'saving grace'. Ngwa isn't anything, plain and simple, and to be quite honest, I'm satisfied, knowing that an Ngwa/Ukwa man is not occupying that seat, because I sincerely don't believe they are ready for that. If Abia's situation actually does hinge on the Ngwa/Ukwa factor, well, then Abians had better get content with the state of things, and remain content for a while.

I'd much rather prefer to see Aba state realized though, than anything else, but if not, Abia should be meshed back together with Imo, as it should have remained.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by vicenzo(m): 10:50pm On May 08, 2011
@chinenye.

Your post shows how out of touch you are with home,how can you say that you dont want an ngwa governor in abia yet,when every ngwaman is screaming for it,from isialangwa to aba,from obingwa to ugwunagbo,every ngwaman wants it,the problem is that they dont know how to go about it.
"Return abia to imo" wtf dude,you are not only out of touch with ngwaland,you are also out of touch with igboland,how can say such,when we are fighting for an additional state,to level up with other geopolitical zones,you here talking about reducing it to four.

Oh! I get it,you cant compete in abia state where you are a majority so you want an ukwa-ngwa state or go back to imo where you presume all will be rosy, i see.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 10:59pm On May 08, 2011
Vicenzo, the Ngwa are not ready for it. We all know that. They can shout all they want, but the truth is, we all doubt their preparedness, even I. Also, you're assuming a lot in your post. I have specific reasons for saying what I said and they aren't because of any of what you've just posted.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by vicenzo(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2011
*yawns* whatever floats your boat,whatever.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 12:54am On May 09, 2011
Actually, the only thing that would float my boat is the assurance that if ever we Ngwa/Ukwa have one of our own in that governorship seat, that we will be able to hold said individual at accountability, because he won't be going there for himself. He will be sitting there as a measure of nde Ngwa la Ukwha. He sits there as a representative of our name, and so, his successes will reflect on us, as will his failures. For that reason, he needs to be held at accountability by us. It would be failure on the part of nde Ngwa la Ukwha m we, that after all these years of shouting marginalization, among other things, that one of our own makes it to such position and fails woefully. In fact, fails *us* woefully. As at now though, there exists no infrastructure to assure such within the Ngwa/Ukwa complex. So there is no real pressure/incentive to work the work and perform properly. I would be uncomfortable knowing that an Ngwa/Ukwa, who is not being held at accountability, is sitting in that seat; not moving ala Ngwa la ala Ukwha forward; not doing what he needs to do to clean up Abia and make it progress.

I sincerely believe that nde Ngwa la Ukwha are not prepared to assure such, and as such, I would not at all feel comfortable with an Ngwa/Ukwa man sitting up there, no matter how much I would like to see such happen, and I don't believe my people are ready, no matter how much shouting they do. That is where my hurt is.

Do you understand now where I'm coming from? Does it make sense to you now, why I said the things I said?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by udezue(m): 12:55am On May 09, 2011
Abagworo, smh I bu ewu.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by udezue(m): 12:58am On May 09, 2011
That was uncalled for. The success of APGA in Imo is success for all of us so leave divisive talk alone. UP IMO
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by THEAMAKA(f): 2:30am On May 09, 2011
UP IMO! just hope he will perform and turn Imo around while making Owerri a financial powerhouse
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by EzeUche2(m): 3:21am On May 09, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Actually, the only thing that would float my boat is the assurance that if ever we Ngwa/Ukwa have one of our own in that governorship seat, that we will be able to hold said individual at accountability, because he won't be going there for himself. He will be sitting there as a measure of nde Ngwa la Ukwha. He sits there as a representative of our name, and so, his successes will reflect on us, as will his failures. For that reason, he needs to be held at accountability by us. It would be failure on the part of nde Ngwa la Ukwha m we, that after all these years of shouting marginalization, among other things, that one of our own makes it to such position and fails woefully. In fact, fails *us* woefully. As at now though, there exists no infrastructure to assure such within the Ngwa/Ukwa complex. So there is no real pressure/incentive to work the work and perform properly. I would be uncomfortable knowing that an Ngwa/Ukwa, who is not being held at accountability, is sitting in that seat; not moving ala Ngwa la ala Ukwha forward; not doing what he needs to do to clean up Abia and make it progress.

I sincerely believe that nde Ngwa la Ukwha are not prepared to assure such, and as such, I would not at all feel comfortable with an Ngwa/Ukwa man sitting up there, no matter how much I would like to see such happen, and I don't believe my people are ready, no matter how much shouting they do. That is where my hurt is.

Do you understand now where I'm coming from? Does it make sense to you now, why I said the things I said?

I understand what you are saying. And there is wisdom in your words. If a Ngwa ever becomes governor of Abia and does a wonderful job, he will be reelected by not only the Ngwa people, but the other areas of Abia. I pray for the day that a qualified Ngwa becomes governor of Abia. We need someone who can tap into the true potential of Aba as being the commercial empire of the Ndigbo. There is so much wasted talent in Aba, it can be quite upsetting. However, I believe in Abia, and we shall see better days. All zones in Abia must be developed.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by THEAMAKA(f): 3:39am On May 09, 2011
PLEASE CARRY YOUR ABIA DISCUSSION TO ANOTHER THREAD, ABEG.
stop polluting this one lipsrsealed tongue
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by EzeUche2(m): 3:42am On May 09, 2011
THE AMAKA:

stop polluting this one  lipsrsealed tongue

Yes, we Abians do not belong in this Imo state discussion. My apologies my dear. It shall not happen again. tongue
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by mensdept: 6:05am On May 09, 2011
THE AMAKA:

stop polluting this one lipsrsealed tongue

Shout Out to the good people of Imo State for sending the Warrant t/chief back to Ota Farm in Ogun State, where he can drink garri with OBJ.

Remember what OBJ said, "promises made, promises kept".
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 12:30am On May 10, 2011
THE AMAKA:

stop polluting this one  lipsrsealed tongue
heh. . sorry. I only just had to set the record straight for someone, that's all.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 2:15pm On May 12, 2011
Its a happy day! oh its a happy day!

I look forward to a positive retrospect in 2015 for Imo State.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Dede1(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I suggest you do not rush to type posts because of frustration. There are very capable individuals within my people of Ngwa and Ukwa. Do not let what recently transpired in Imo State blur your political vision. Ngwa and Ukwa had produced firebrand politicians during the first republic and continued to do so lately.

If what happened in Imo State happened in Abia, the posts pertaining to the gubernatorial succession in Abia State would have bordered on the zone, greed and born to rule. In Imo State, it was the turn of Okigwe zone to complete the term before rotating back to Owerri zone. However Orlu zone due to greed for power and bad governance by an Okigwe’s son decided to jettison the goodwill arrangement and principles among the zones. I am for the ouster of Ohakim too.

Now, if Abia north had decided to join the gubernatorial race in Abia State knowing that Orji Uzo Kalu hails from the zone and eventually won it, this thread would have dominated by posts of greed and born to rule attitude of Abia north.

Granted that Theodore Orji is a useless governor who should have been evicted from the government house in Umuahia, the people of Ngwa and Ukwa should be padded on the back for exercising rare political maturity while bidding time for their turn at government house in Umuahia.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by adabeke12(f): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
proud imo state babe in the building! yez sir!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka's 'Domestic Appendage' Revisited By Cornelius Segun Ojo / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ / What Is Man's Greatest Invention?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.