Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

I'm Proud Of Being From Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Proud Of Being From Imo (3853 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / "I Am So Proud Of My Husband" – Aisha Buhari / Few Pics From Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by EzeUche2(m): 10:33pm On May 07, 2011
O dighi akwusi ikwu okwu. undecided

EWU!
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by bkbabe97y(m): 10:33pm On May 07, 2011
Dede1:

This is not the issue of PDP or APGA. I have political intuition that Rochas will switch back to PDP.

So, u agree that a typical Ibo man will always go back to eat his own vomit?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 11:02pm On May 07, 2011
Unaa liile nvu nde eghu. Khuma a ga idi aka hnwe oma nmerenu l'Imo, unu nga idi di agba onu.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by aljharem3: 11:29pm On May 07, 2011
eze ndigbo ndi ewu angry

kachifo nu angry
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ektbear: 11:50pm On May 07, 2011
Congratulations to Imo Igbos.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2011
EzeUche_:

O dighi akwusi ikwu okwu. undecided

EWU!

It is not a hidden fact that I always desired change in a united Nigeria.You keep clamoring for Biafra and drawing maps which includes some oil producing communities in the southern part of Igboland of which I happen to be from.While I respect your dream,I always believed that our problem is good governance and not religion or ethnicity.Igbos can achieve the Biafran dream in Nigeria without secession.You guys in Abia are the most ill governed in the last 12 years.Young and vibrant Paul Ikonne of ACN was the best candidate in the last governorship elections in your state and you most probably rejected him because he is Ngwa yet you come here saying you had no better option than Orji who has been in power for 12 years with nothing to show.Shame on you for being a hypocrite.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 12:14am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

It is not a hidden fact that I always desired change in a united Nigeria.You keep clamoring for Biafra and drawing maps which includes some oil producing communities in the southern part of Igboland of which I happen to be from.While I respect your dream,I always believed that our problem is good governance and not religion or ethnicity.Igbos can achieve the Biafran dream in Nigeria without secession.You guys in Abia are the most ill governed in the last 12 years.Young and vibrant Paul Ikonne of ACN was the best candidate in the last governorship elections in your state and you most probably rejected him because he is Ngwa yet you come here saying you had no better option than Orji who has been in power for 12 years with nothing to show.Shame on you for being a hypocrite.

Who is that? Did you ever hear of him on the news? No one made effort, or was strong enough to compete in Abia state, I'm not sure if the majority of Abia people even know who this man is, talk less that he is Ngwa.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by kcjazz(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2011
Is it not against the house rules to use any language other than English on NL thread. Ndi moderators biko do something grin
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by AndreUweh(m): 12:22am On May 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Unaa liile nvu nde eghu. Khuma a ga idi aka hnwe oma nmerenu l'Imo, unu nga idi di agba onu.
You are insulting BK.Babe by calling him a goat. He has Igbo friends around him and definitely they will translate what you wrote for him. I no longer insult him in Igbo language.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ektbear: 12:25am On May 08, 2011
What is the deal with this Ngwa stuff? How on earth have Ngwa never ruled in their own state? undecided

Seems extremely messed up to me.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:28am On May 08, 2011
ezeagu:

Who is that? Did you ever hear of him on the news? No one made effort, or was strong enough to compete in Abia state, I'm not sure if the majority of Abia people even know who this man is, talk less that he is Ngwa.

Everyone in Abia know Ikonne.His father is the most prominent traditional ruler in Aba and was Orjis commissioner before he resigned because of their differences in principle.He made a remarkable impact in Abia transport company and is a very young man of about 35(not so sure).Ask Abians.

Or check this link.Orji was using thugs and soldiers to prevent Ikonne from campaigning.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-605907.0.html
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 12:33am On May 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

You are inasulting BK.Babe by calling him a goat. He has Igbo friends around him and definitely they will translate what you wrote for him. I no longer insult him in Igbo language.
but my post wasn't addressed to bK.babe. . I'd really like to see his Igbo friends translate that, though.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 12:41am On May 08, 2011
I've heard of Paul Ikonne, and I don't even pay attention to Abia politics, except for that I know Orji was in power last and is in power again. I overheard that Ikonne had some political ambition, but I never really heard anything from his end. Akoma made the most noise though, in announcing his candidacy for governorship.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 12:43am On May 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

What is the deal with this Ngwa stuff? How on earth have Ngwa never ruled in their own state? undecided

Seems extremely messed up to me.
Basically, part of it is prejudice, and the other, lack on the part of the Ngwa.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 12:47am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

Everyone in Abia know Ikonne.His father is the most prominent traditional ruler in Aba and was Orjis commissioner before he resigned because of their differences in principle.He made a remarkable impact in Abia transport company and is a very young man of about 35(not so sure).Ask Abians.

Or check this link.Orji was using thugs and soldiers to prevent Ikonne from campaigning.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-605907.0.html

There's a difference in saying people know him and that Orji blocked his campaigning. The average Abia voter doesn't have one mind with the rest and there's no reason some kind of Ngwa hate made him lose, there was no strong contender, simple.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:50am On May 08, 2011
ezeagu:

There's a difference in saying people know him and that Orji blocked his campaigning. The average Abia voter doesn't have one mind with the rest and there's no reason some kind of Ngwa hate made him lose, there was no strong contender, simple.

Could you please define the bolded phrase for me?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by houvest: 12:55am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

While you might be right, it is strictly your opinion and I get pissed when folks make categorical statements like that without anything to back it up except maybe pandering to the propaganda of ACN being the holy party that Angel Gabriel descended from heaven with 4 years ago and brought down to planet earth for the emancipation of corrupt mankind. Elementary my dear Watson, elementary. Even if God annointed him, he still needed an effective campaign to not only defeat the incumbent but also to overawe OUK's political machine the way Rochas ran roughshod over Ohakim, Ararume, Udenwa,,Nzeribe, Iwuanyanwu and all the other godfathers in Imo. We have consistently said that Abia has moved forward by moving removing OUK's stranglehood from the state. Next is now good governance. Bite off the chunks little at a time till you will  have developed a momentum large enough  to unleassh a blizzkrieg. It might appear to an outsider that in Abia there is no acceleration but be rest assured that there is  definitely some motion.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 1:05am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

Could you please define the bolded phrase for me?

Who was strong enough to take on the PDP? Well the election is over and we can see that it was no one.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 1:12am On May 08, 2011
ezeagu:

Who was strong enough to take on the PDP? Well the election is over and we can see that it was no one.

Theodore Orji did not win.Infact there was mere pockets of election in the State.Abians are politically naive and just accepted their fate.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 1:16am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

Theodore Orji did not win.Infact there was mere pockets of election in the State.Abians are politically naive and just accepted their fate.

What makes Abia politically naive? Who won the election?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by houvest: 1:17am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

So who won since you have already avered Wrongly, in my opinion) that Ikonne was rejected because of his Ngwa-ness. Who wopn the Abia elections, sir? Probably you will tell us to ask Abians again.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ChinenyeN(m): 1:21am On May 08, 2011
How long until the next elections?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by Abagworo(m): 1:27am On May 08, 2011
houvest:

So who won since you have already avered Wrongly, in my opinion) that Ikonne was rejected because of his Ngwa-ness. Who wopn the Abia elections, sir? Probably you will tell us to ask Abians again.

There were no elections in Abia.Soldiers were compromised into soiling their dignity.I just hope that some implicating videos do not spread.I am not from Abia yet I have pity for them but since their best is Orji I can tell them bye bye as Imo zooms light years ahead.They can still come to cool off in Owerri or Oguta resort.We are very accomodating.Our women are very out spoken and beautiful.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 1:30am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

There were no elections in Abia.Soldiers were compromised into soiling their dignity.I just hope that some implicating videos do not spread.I am not from Abia but I have pity on them but since their best is Orji I can tell them bye bye as Imo zooms light years ahead.They can still come to cool off in Owerri or Oguta resort.We are very accomadating.Our women are very out spoken and beautiful.

Okay, so it is the military's fault now?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by houvest: 1:31am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

There were no elections in Abia.Soldiers were compromised into soiling their dignity.I just hope that some implicating videos do not spread.I am not from Abia yet I have pity for them but since their best is Orji I can tell them bye bye as Imo zooms light years ahead.They can still come to cool off in Owerri or Oguta resort.We are very accomodating.Our women are very out spoken and beautiful.

Lol. No Proofs, references to incriminating videos. none posted. All sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by EzeUche2(m): 1:49am On May 08, 2011
The reason why Prince Paul Ikonne lost was not because he was Ngwa. It was, because he was part of the wrong party. Plus, the Ngwa vote was highly divided amongst the other 2 Ngwa candidates that were running. T.A. Orji was able to mobilize his base, which is in Umuahia. As long as the Ngwa vote, even though they have the largest voting bloc in Abia remain divided, their only hope for a Ngwa governor is if they go through PDP.

Anyway, I am happy that OUK no longer has power in Abia. One small step. No one understands that OUK was the reason behind most of the kidnapping. He practically brought Abia to its knees and that is why we needed the military in Aba.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by jason123: 2:41am On May 08, 2011
EzeUche_:

The reason why Prince Paul Ikonne lost was not because he was Ngwa. It was, because he was part of the wrong party. [/b]Plus, the Ngwa vote was highly divided amongst the other 2 Ngwa candidates that were running. T.A. Orji was able to mobilize his base, which is in Umuahia. As long as the Ngwa vote, even though they have the largest voting bloc in Abia remain divided, their only hope for a Ngwa governor is if they go through PDP.

Anyway, I am happy that OUK no longer has power in Abia. One small step. No one understands that OUK was the reason behind most of the kidnapping. He practically brought Abia to its knees and that is why we needed the military in Aba.
Tribalism will and cannot not make you reason. So, ACN cannot win Abia state but can win[b] 2 senatorial districts in Anambra?? Guy, na wa for you ooo!!!
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ektbear: 2:44am On May 08, 2011
The oppression of the Ngwa must stop.

Pharaoh, let the Ngwa go!

tongue
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by ezeagu(m): 2:49am On May 08, 2011
jason123:

Tribalism will and cannot not make you reason. So, ACN cannot win Abia state but can win[b] 2 senatorial districts[/b] in Anambra?? Guy, na wa for you ooo!!!

Why do people think that Anambra is the capital of Igbo society?
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by jason123: 2:52am On May 08, 2011
ezeagu:

Why do people think that Anambra is the capital of Igbo society?

Not so, my bros! I just wanted to correct the impression Ezeuche brought to this thread by saying the candidate lost because he was in ACN. Now, you and I know that is not true since ACN won 2 senatorial districts in the SE geopolitical zone.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by henry101(m): 4:05am On May 08, 2011
jason123:

Tribalism will and cannot not make you reason. So, ACN cannot win Abia state but can win[b] 2 senatorial districts[/b] in Anambra?? Guy, na wa for you ooo!!!

My friend Ezeuche's quote was in reference to Abia state. No party have a strong political base in Abia except PDP. An Ngwa man can not be Governor of Abia except through the PDP or except He/She has a political struture in Abia north.
Abia politics is sharply divided between zones. I think there seem to be a natural zoning in Abia state, IMO.
Re: I'm Proud Of Being From Imo by houvest: 8:37am On May 08, 2011
jason123:

Not so, my bros! I just wanted to correct the impression Ezeuche brought to this thread by saying the candidate lost because he was in ACN. Now, you and I know that is not true since ACN won 2 senatorial districts in the SE geopolitical zone.

jason123:

Confusing. Are you talking of Anambra or SE? And which are those 2 senatorial districts please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri (beaf) – A Tale Of Lies And Desperation / Buhari's Intonation As He Speaks During Presidential Rally / Prophecy: The Next President Of Nigeria Is Going To Be A General (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.