Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Benjamin Kalu: Move To Legalise Indian Hemp Not For Smoking But Medicinal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benjamin Kalu: Move To Legalise Indian Hemp Not For Smoking But Medicinal (11030 Views)

House Of Representatives To Legalise Indian Hemp Use For Economic Benefits / Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Benjamin Kalu: Move To Legalise Indian Hemp Not For Smoking But Medicinal by oyatz(m): 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Jakumo:

Say no to ogogoro and Sapele wata. Worldwide alcohol has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths due to drunk drivers, drunken fights, liver damage, and numerous other diseases linked to excessive alcohol consumption. Drunks are very dangerous to themselves and to others.

Marijuana is not for everybody, but unlike alcohol, cannabis DOES have dozens of verified medical applications. Do some research when next you are sober to ascertain that these statements made by me here are factual.

You are answering questions that were never asked.

* My post is NOT about alcohol.

* My point is NOT whether there are medicinal uses of marijuana but on harmful effects of marijuana.

What is the capacity of the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria that we desperately need marijuana for a break through? Are there not several other suitable alternative chemicals that can serve as raw products to make these medicines?

In the attempts to solve one problem we should not be creating several other and more serious problems.
Re: Benjamin Kalu: Move To Legalise Indian Hemp Not For Smoking But Medicinal by Jakumo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
oyatz:

You are answering questions that were never asked.

* My post is NOT about alcohol.

* My point is NOT whether there are medicinal uses of marijuana but on harmful effects of marijuana.

What is the capacity of the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria that we desperately need marijuana for a breakthrough? Are there not several other suitable alternative chemicals that can serve as raw products to make these medicines?

In the attempts to solve one problem we should not be creating several other and more serious problems.

Actually, the medicinal value of cannabis is immense and diverse. In many instances, medical marijuana is a safer alternative to pharmaceutical drugs that often inflict severe and permanent side effects on patients. My mention of that horrible poison called alcohol is to highlight the absurdity that such a destructive product with no medical application at all, is like equally poisonous cigarettes, perfectly legal to consume and sell, while marijuana, which DOES have a multitude of medical benefits, remains illegal.

Personally, I would have no objection to the imposition of a 100% ban on cigarettes and alcohol, deriving from a revised legislative intoxicant classification hierarchy that appends tobacco and alcohol to the banned substances list populated by Class A drugs of comparable lethality to methamphetamine, cocaine, PCP, Ketamine and heroin. In conjunction with the complete legalization of medical marijuana, a full blanket prohibition of alcohol and tobacco would facilitate the evolution of a far healthier and safer society for any nation that would hypothetically enact such legislative amendments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt / A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! / Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.