Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness (1793 Views)

Rewards Of Righteousness / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! The bolded must really love the teachings of Jesus which you who claim to be livingchrist detest.

What an irony!
the same Jesus that taught that without partaking in his flesh and blood no man can have life
John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Allah has deceived you, as a liar he is.
No matter the work of righteousness you do without partaking in Jesus flesh and blood you home will be in the flames of hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
livingchrist:
the same Jesus that taught that without partaking in his flesh and blood no man can have life
John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Allah has deceived you, as a liar he is.
No matter the work of righteousness you do without partaking in Jesus flesh and blood you home will be in the flames of hell.
Lol!

You don't even know that eating the flesh of Christ is also work. It's also means obeying Christ's commandments, for no man can partake of Christ's flesh and blood without keeping Christ's commandment.

At least you can't deny the fact that the sayings of Jesus who paid the price for man's sins, clearly teaches that man can attain eternal life by works of righteousness.

So it's not me you hating but Christ and His Words. If you like don't repent, one day you stand before Him and give account of your antichrist' works!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2021
I thank God Jesus made what it means to work the work of God so that impostors like you would be exposed.

John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus said the work of God is to believe on him.

jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

You don't even know that eating the flesh of Christ is also work. It's also means obeying Christ's commandments, for no man can partake of Christ's flesh and blood without keeping Christ's commandment.

At least you can't deny the fact that the sayings of Jesus who paid the price for man's sins, clearly teaches that man can attain eternal life by works of righteousness.

So it's not me you hating but Christ and His Words. If you like don't repent, one day you stand before Him and give account of your antichrist' works!
lol why do you need the flesh and blood of Jesus when you are already righteous by your works?

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2021
livingchrist:
I thank God Jesus made what it means to work the work of God so that impostors like you would be exposed.

John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus said the work of God is to believe on him.

lol why do you need the flesh and blood of Jesus when you are already righteous by your works?

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

I can see you're still ignorant of what Jesus means to believe in Him in spite of how many times I have exposed it with the explanation Jesus gave of that. Okay here it is again just in case it would make any difference this time.

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So you see that believing in Jesus without keeping His Words makes you a false disciple according to Jesus, so you are no different from the Jews who claim to believe in Jesus, but hated and wanted to stone Him because of His Words, because they were false disciples.

John 8:59 (KJV)

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

As for the blood of Jesus and His body, you obviously forgot that it the same Jesus who shed His blood that taught us that He would judge us according to our works. Maybe i should take your word over His, because you think you could possibly know better than Him concerning what it requires for a man to be saved, for someone who has never shed his blood for anyone.

I have already told, if you don't repent, you shall stand before the same Jesus and give an account of your Antichrist works.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 8:31am On Jun 21, 2021
You can see how confused you are!
Jesus said if you keep my word then you would prove to be my disciple, keeping Jesus word is a proof that one is truly a disciple. This again vindicate the truth of james that true faith produces works.

Jesus latter confirmed that these Jesus didnt believe him, what they had was just superficial faith.
John 8:37, 46 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

They never admitted they had any sin but claim to be free.
Jesus told them they were servant of sin but they turned it against Jesus.

John 8:33-34 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

In summary they never believe in Jesus as the messiah to save them from sin because they didnt believe they were sinners in the first place.

You see that without a man recognizing that he is a sinner he would not truly believe in Jesus neither can such a one keep Jesus words.

jesusjnr2020:
I can see you're still ignorant of what Jesus means to believe in Him in spite of how many times I have exposed it with the explanation Jesus gave of that. Okay here it is again just in case it would make any difference this time.

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So you see that believing in Jesus without keeping His Words makes you a false disciple according to Jesus, so you are no different from the Jews who claim to believe in Jesus, but hated and wanted to stone Him because of His Words, because they were false disciples.

John 8:59 (KJV)

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

As for the blood of Jesus and His body, you obviously forgot that it the same Jesus who shed His blood that taught us that He would judge us according to our works. Maybe i should take your word over His, because you think you could possibly know better than Him concerning what it requires for a man to be saved, for someone who has never shed his blood for anyone.

I have already told, if you don't repent, you shall stand before the same Jesus and give an account of your Antichrist works.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2021
livingchrist:
You can see how confused you are!
Jesus said if you keep my word then you would prove to be my disciple, keeping Jesus word is a proof that one is truly a disciple. This again vindicate the truth of james that true faith produces works.

Jesus latter confirmed that these Jesus didnt believe him, what they had was just superficial faith.
John 8:37, 46 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

They never admitted they had any sin but claim to be free.
Jesus told them they were servant of sin but they turned it against Jesus.

John 8:33-34 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

In summary they never believe in Jesus as the messiah to save them from sin because they didnt believe they were sinners in the first place.

You see that without a man recognizing that he is a sinner he would not truly believe in Jesus neither can such a one keep Jesus words.

When someone is confused and try pin his confusion on someone else.

You're nothing but a barefaced liar to see the saying of Jesus which clearly exposes your lies and the Antichrist grace gospel you preach, yet try to use it to justify your falsehood.

You attempted again to take advantage of the vague term "belief" to justify your belief that salvation was not by works, but once again, Jesus proved that belief to be Antichrist, because He said that it's if one obeys His Word (works of righteousness), that he truly believes in Him or is a true disciple of Christ.

Here's the saying of Jesus again just in case you had scales in your eyes and couldn't see how it exposed your lies. Kindly pay particular attention to the letters in red.

John 8:31-32 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So can you see the steps to true freedom according to Jesus?

Obedience of Jesus' Words (Works of righteousness) which is what Jesus means whenever He says "believe in Me" comes first, that's what makes anyone to be a true disciple of Jesus. It's after that obedience of His Words that the Truth shall be revealed to the person, and it's that consequent knowledge leads to true freedom.

So according to Christ it all begins with the obedience of His Words which are the works of righteousness, hence everything other thing you've said here has been nullified.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
When someone is confused and try pin his confusion on someone else.

You're nothing but a barefaced liar to see the saying of Jesus which clearly exposes your lies and the Antichrist grace gospel you preach, yet try to use it to justify your falsehood.

You attempted again to take advantage of the vague term "belief" to justify your belief that salvation was not by works, but once again, Jesus proved that belief to be Antichrist, because He said that it's if one obeys His Word (works of righteousness), that he truly believes in Him or is a true disciple of Christ.

Here's the saying of Jesus again just in case you had scales in your eyes and couldn't see how it exposed your lies. Kindly pay particular attention to the letters in red.

John 8:31-32 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So can you see the steps to true freedom according to Jesus?

Obedience of Jesus' Words (Works of righteousness) which is what Jesus means whenever He says "believe in Me" comes first, that's what makes anyone to be a true disciple of Jesus. It's after that obedience of His Words that the Truth shall be revealed to the person, and it's that consequent knowledge leads to true freedom.

So according to Christ it all begins with the obedience of His Words which are the works of righteousness, hence everything other thing you've said here has hence been nullified.

See this confused soul! So a man has to do works of righteousness before he can be Jesus follower, so which works of righteousness did Peter, John, mathew, james, Nathaniel, paul and other disciples did before they became Jesus followers?
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
livingchrist:

See this confused soul! So a man has to do works of righteousness before he can be Jesus follower, so which works of righteousness did Peter, John, mathew, james, Nathaniel, paul and other disciples did before they became Jesus followers?

Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:33 (KJV)

So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 19:27-29 (KJV)

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
So Jesus meant you must literally hate your parents?
I guess peter forsook his wife and yet Jesus went to heal his mother in law?

It is not by quoting bible, you must rightly divide the word of God.

Matthew 8:14
And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

These are called the cost of following Jesus, what a disciple should be ready to lose in following Jesus.
Wife, parents and children may be opposed to a believer due to his faith but a believer must be ready to lose them, it all boils down to a believer choosing to either compromise their faith or continue in their faith and lose earthly relationships and possessions.

jesusjnr2020:
Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:33 (KJV)

So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 19:27-29 (KJV)

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
livingchrist:
So Jesus meant you must literally hate your parents?
I guess peter forsook his wife and yet Jesus went to heal his mother in law?

It is not by quoting bible, you must rightly divide the word of God.

Matthew 8:14
And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

These are called the cost of following Jesus, what a disciple should be ready to lose in following Jesus.
Wife, parents and children may be opposed to a believer due to his faith but a believer must be ready to lose them, it all boils down to a believer choosing to either compromise their faith or continue in their faith and lose earthly relationships and possessions.

Argue with the Words of Jesus not me.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by livingchrist: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Argue with the Words of Jesus not me.
Without the holy spirit you will misconstrue the words of Jesus as you are doing and also thinking the words of paul and other apostles are contradicting Jesus words.
Jesus preaches faith just like his apostles.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:19am On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=102062880]Matthew 19:16-19 (KJV)

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This is according to Christ's Gospel of Grace.

God bless.

Bros, you misunderstood Christ’s Gospel of grace by taking this scriptures out of context.

I want to believe that it was an oversight rather than you being mischievous.

Let’s reproduce the portion that was taken out.

“The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?” But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:20-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What good thing shall i do , that I may have eternal life......

This man wanted to do some good stuff so as to earn eternal life.

Like you, he thought eternal life could be obtained by works.

Like you, he was ignorant of the fact that eternal life can not be earned. It can only be received through faith in Christ’s complete work.

So you know what Jesus did ?

He gave him a set of rules

The man confidently claimed to have obeyed all the commandments not knowing that he was setting himself up for a sucker punch

Hold it!

There’s one commandment that you’ve not obeyed ( And if we all want to be honest, there’s just that one commandment that we’ve always failed to keep)

At least one

He went away sorrowful knowing he’ll not be able to keep that one commandment

Jesusjunior, what is that commandment that you have failed to keep.

Common on! Don’t tell me you’ve kept all.

Unless you’re Holy Spirit 2.0 angry grin

Now the disciples asked a very important question

Unlike you, they suddenly realized how impossible it was to earn salvation through works.

The futility of trying to obey all commandments so as to please God.

But you know what?

God is only pleased in His son.

“With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.””

This has got to be one of the greatest statements in the Bible

What is impossible with men?

Salvation through works

What is possible through God?

Salvation through Christ

What men can not do through works, God has done through His beloved son.

Stop spreading the Antichrist message.

May your eyes be open to these things.

You’re blessed
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
When people have made up their mind to wallow in their ignorance, there's no point trying to bring them out of it because you'd be time wasting.
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103876133]When people have made up their mind to wallow in their ignorance, there's no point trying to bring them out of it because you'd be time wasting.

You’ll soon see that you’re actually the ignorant one. I was once like you.

Don’t sweat it buddy. Revelational knowledge is progressive.

It’s just a matter of time grin
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Jul 20, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

You’ll soon see that you’re actually the ignorant one. I was once like you.

Don’t sweat it buddy. Revelational knowledge is progressive.

It’s just a matter of time grin
Revelational knowledge? If the foundation is itself a lie, what good will this "Revelational " knowledge you claim be? undecided
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Loves A Servant-leader / The False Israel And The Madness Of The Last Days / Muslim Baby Adopted To Prevent 'Honour Killing & Bloodbath ,' Uk Judge Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.