Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination (12220 Views)

Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. / Fulani Groups React As Governor Lalong Tasks Police To Arrest Attackers. / Asari Dokubo And Nnamdi KANU Clashed ,biafra Groups React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 1:13am On Jun 25, 2021
Igboid:

So you mean it was Zik and not the British who created the warrant chiefs in the whole Eastern region including Igboland?

See let me tell you something. You cannot build true unity by uniting yourselves behind lies built on dressing Ndiigbo up as devils who are out to harm all of you.
Such lies can only travel so far before it comes crumbling.
The only Obi we have in Igboland is Obi Onitsha, and the Obis of Nnewi villages. Obi of Onitsha was not a colonial creation.

See, you minorities must take your time o!

Take what time, do you have any idea of the dirty politics Zik played against Eyo Ita and the NCNC minorities?
Better be very very careful
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 1:50am On Jun 25, 2021
KingOKON:

Take what time, do you have any idea of the dirty politics Zik played against Eyo Ita and the NCNC minorities?
Better be very very careful

Don't be mad. What dirty politics exactly.
Eyo Ita saga had been addressed on this forum many times before.
If you lack information, you kindly ask and not bring your beer parlour gist to a public forum.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 2:06am On Jun 25, 2021
Igboid:

Don't be mad. What dirty politics exactly.
Eyo Ita saga had been addressed on this forum many times before.
If you lack information, you kindly ask and not bring your beer parlour gist to a public forum.

You are highly stupid
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 2:09am On Jun 25, 2021
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/the-north-built-on-mistakes-of-the-south-%e2%80%94-mbu/

Q: You talk about these our fathers, leaders of Nigeria at independence and some insist that they created the foundations for the type of country that we have today – tribalism, for example and the events in the Western House of Assembly. Some say Azikiwe was merely outplayed, politically and others say….?

A: No! You are not really…Permit me to interrupt you; you were not there. Zik won all, the majority, in the Western region. It was when he went to the East, that this notorious question, this notorious carpet-crossing, for the first time in our history was enacted on the floor of the Western House of Assembly. Before then, we never knew about carpet-crossing. Those who won on the platform of the NCNC were suddenly bought over by the Action Group.

Q: But in an earlier interview with Pa Ayo Adebanjo, I was told that it was at the point when they said members of the different parties should move and sit separately, that it became obvious that AG members were more?[/b]

A: He would say so. What do you expect from him, he’s AG; he’s partisan. AG top notch!

Q:It would be difficult for people not to say you are also being partisan, being of the NCNC?
The AG introduced, for the first time in our history, carpet crossing; I didn’t know about it. I wish the late Adelabu (PENKELEMSS) were alive. The leader of our movement in Ibadan, I wish he was alive, he would have told you what happened; he would have told you the drama that happened on the floor of the Western House of Assembly; the debacle, as he put it, the debacle of western election, so don’t tell me anything that I don’t know.

A:I know you know that’s why I’m asking you. For Nigerians who do not have a recollection of the events of that era and who talk about tribalism, they would want the records set straight. Some even say had Zik stayed back, may be he would have fought it? And some even say that from that moment onwards, Nigeria lost it?

Yes, we lost it from that moment onwards. That was crude tribalism on display. That’s all. What else could it be that somebody of Eastern origin should come and control a region that belongs to the westerners? That was a clear display of tribalism, crude and that was when Nigeria lost it, the true sense of nationalism. Yes! AG, NCNC, that I belonged to, were at opposing ends on true nationalism and nothing else. NCNC till tomorrow remains a nationalist party, one Nigeria, one people, one destiny. AG believed in one Yoruba, one nation, one Oduduwa.

Q: When you look at the way some people accuse the North of holding unto power without wanting to let go, and the philosophy of Awolowo that before you can claim to be a Nigerian, you would have to first be either an Igbo, a Yoruba or Hausa?

A: Chief Awolowo never pretended and I have a lot of respect for him. He never for once pretended that he was a true nationalist. He was a true Yoruba leader – simplicita. And he never in any way felt ashamed about it. Yoruba for Yoruba, Hausa for Hausa and Igbo for Igbo – that was the way he felt and he never flinched.

The North learned a lot from the mistakes of the South and the way the tribal politics was being played, the North elevated it to another level. They reasoned that if tribalism was to become the name of the game, then they were ready to move it to the next level – the North for the North. The Sardauna would always say, ‘we of the North’, and he never pretended. His great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio, was a conqueror of a greater community and why should he go for anything less. He, therefore, settled for a bigger North.

Q: Could you please give examples of what the North learned from the South?
The North went and excelled in everything we did. We introduced thuggery, Michael Okpara called them party stalwarts in East, but they were thugs. Then the North recreated it, took it to another level: Why did we bring in the native police? They were uncompromising in the North.

A: There in the North, if you were not of the Northern Peoples Congress, NPC, they would tell you, don’t cross, if you did they would kill you – and they meant it. Their own thuggery was worse and they took it to a level that was something else. So the only way to curb the excesses of the native police was to integrate them into the Nigeria Police Force, to train them, to shed them of the crude and excessive extra-legal powers. Not only that, you went to the native courts as a southerner, the Alkali courts.

A case was on, the judge was chewing his gworo and he slept off while the case was on, then he woke up and asked, ‘yes, what do you have to say; nothing. Okay go to jail for six months’. Meanwhile he had been sleeping all along-o. If you tried to argue you’re in trouble. ‘If you said anything there I’ll give you another six months; okay another six months, go’. Very crude! The North moved from one extremity to the other extremity and that’s where we are.

Q: Back to NCNC, Zik and the East: What was done to NCNC and Zik in the West, Zik was not magnanimous too, when he went back to the East?

A: I do not think that you were born to understand the politics of those days.

Q:We read?

A: It depends on what you have been reading and by whom? Look, the East was so democratic to a point where when the Onitsha issue came up, although a lot of it engendered by the opposition, led by the late chief justice of the East, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Onitsha market issue, there was a demonstration by the Onitsha people against the premiership of Zik, an Onitsha man, and I saw the father and I asked him: ‘Papa, you joined the delegation, too, to denounce the premier’? You know what he said to me in response? He said: ‘He’s not one of us, being an Onitsha man, he should not oppose us’. That was the extent to which the people in the East understood democratic principles.

Q: But an Efik was not allowed to lead in the East?

A: What was the problem of the Efik? They split. You were not born yet; you needed to be around with us then to understand what happened. UNIP was a splinter of the NCNC and they were to topple the leadership of the NCNC. UNIP was within the NCNC, led by, more or less, English trained graduates, leadership.

They were looking up on themselves as better educated than American trained graduates, led by Zik, Orizu, Mbadiwe and co – that is the truth. And who were the other groups? Graduates, Nwapa, Cambridge, make no mistake about it; Njoku, Manchester, London educated; my country man, Okoi Arikpo, London educated – London School of Economics; Ozoma; even Ita himself, having gotten his MA from Columbia University in the United States of America, came back and repeated the London MA so he used to be referred to as Prof. Eyo Ita, MA Columbia, MA London. They felt they were more educated and, therefore, a better bred to lead the new dispensation in the East; not this ill-bred American educated fellows from schools they did not recognize.

A: But Eyo Ita?

A: My friend, he was opposition, when you split against the leadership, then you are already taking up arms against the party. Must there be two premiers? It was Zik, in fact, who named him Prof. Don’t tell me what you did not witness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 2:34am On Jun 25, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 2:37am On Jun 25, 2021
Igboid:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/the-north-built-on-mistakes-of-the-south-%e2%80%94-mbu/

Q: You talk about these our fathers, leaders of Nigeria at independence and some insist that they created the foundations for the type of country that we have today – tribalism, for example and the events in the Western House of Assembly. Some say Azikiwe was merely outplayed, politically and others say….?

A: No! You are not really…Permit me to interrupt you; you were not there. Zik won all, the majority, in the Western region. It was when he went to the East, that this notorious question, this notorious carpet-crossing, for the first time in our history was enacted on the floor of the Western House of Assembly. Before then, we never knew about carpet-crossing. Those who won on the platform of the NCNC were suddenly bought over by the Action Group.

Q: But in an earlier interview with Pa Ayo Adebanjo, I was told that it was at the point when they said members of the different parties should move and sit separately, that it became obvious that AG members were more?[/b]

A: He would say so. What do you expect from him, he’s AG; he’s partisan. AG top notch!

Q:It would be difficult for people not to say you are also being partisan, being of the NCNC?
The AG introduced, for the first time in our history, carpet crossing; I didn’t know about it. I wish the late Adelabu (PENKELEMSS) were alive. The leader of our movement in Ibadan, I wish he was alive, he would have told you what happened; he would have told you the drama that happened on the floor of the Western House of Assembly; the debacle, as he put it, the debacle of western election, so don’t tell me anything that I don’t know.

A:I know you know that’s why I’m asking you. For Nigerians who do not have a recollection of the events of that era and who talk about tribalism, they would want the records set straight. Some even say had Zik stayed back, may be he would have fought it? And some even say that from that moment onwards, Nigeria lost it?

Yes, we lost it from that moment onwards. That was crude tribalism on display. That’s all. What else could it be that somebody of Eastern origin should come and control a region that belongs to the westerners? That was a clear display of tribalism, crude and that was when Nigeria lost it, the true sense of nationalism. Yes! AG, NCNC, that I belonged to, were at opposing ends on true nationalism and nothing else. NCNC till tomorrow remains a nationalist party, one Nigeria, one people, one destiny. AG believed in one Yoruba, one nation, one Oduduwa.

Q: When you look at the way some people accuse the North of holding unto power without wanting to let go, and the philosophy of Awolowo that before you can claim to be a Nigerian, you would have to first be either an Igbo, a Yoruba or Hausa?

A: Chief Awolowo never pretended and I have a lot of respect for him. He never for once pretended that he was a true nationalist. He was a true Yoruba leader – simplicita. And he never in any way felt ashamed about it. Yoruba for Yoruba, Hausa for Hausa and Igbo for Igbo – that was the way he felt and he never flinched.

The North learned a lot from the mistakes of the South and the way the tribal politics was being played, the North elevated it to another level. They reasoned that if tribalism was to become the name of the game, then they were ready to move it to the next level – the North for the North. The Sardauna would always say, ‘we of the North’, and he never pretended. His great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio, was a conqueror of a greater community and why should he go for anything less. He, therefore, settled for a bigger North.

Q: Could you please give examples of what the North learned from the South?
The North went and excelled in everything we did. We introduced thuggery, Michael Okpara called them party stalwarts in East, but they were thugs. Then the North recreated it, took it to another level: Why did we bring in the native police? They were uncompromising in the North.

A: There in the North, if you were not of the Northern Peoples Congress, NPC, they would tell you, don’t cross, if you did they would kill you – and they meant it. Their own thuggery was worse and they took it to a level that was something else. So the only way to curb the excesses of the native police was to integrate them into the Nigeria Police Force, to train them, to shed them of the crude and excessive extra-legal powers. Not only that, you went to the native courts as a southerner, the Alkali courts.

A case was on, the judge was chewing his gworo and he slept off while the case was on, then he woke up and asked, ‘yes, what do you have to say; nothing. Okay go to jail for six months’. Meanwhile he had been sleeping all along-o. If you tried to argue you’re in trouble. ‘If you said anything there I’ll give you another six months; okay another six months, go’. Very crude! The North moved from one extremity to the other extremity and that’s where we are.

Q: Back to NCNC, Zik and the East: What was done to NCNC and Zik in the West, Zik was not magnanimous too, when he went back to the East?

A: I do not think that you were born to understand the politics of those days.

Q:We read?

A: It depends on what you have been reading and by whom? Look, the East was so democratic to a point where when the Onitsha issue came up, although a lot of it engendered by the opposition, led by the late chief justice of the East, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Onitsha market issue, there was a demonstration by the Onitsha people against the premiership of Zik, an Onitsha man, and I saw the father and I asked him: ‘Papa, you joined the delegation, too, to denounce the premier’? You know what he said to me in response? He said: ‘He’s not one of us, being an Onitsha man, he should not oppose us’. That was the extent to which the people in the East understood democratic principles.

Q: But an Efik was not allowed to lead in the East?

A: What was the problem of the Efik? They split. You were not born yet; you needed to be around with us then to understand what happened. UNIP was a splinter of the NCNC and they were to topple the leadership of the NCNC. UNIP was within the NCNC, led by, more or less, English trained graduates, leadership.

They were looking up on themselves as better educated than American trained graduates, led by Zik, Orizu, Mbadiwe and co – that is the truth. And who were the other groups? Graduates, Nwapa, Cambridge, make no mistake about it; Njoku, Manchester, London educated; my country man, Okoi Arikpo, London educated – London School of Economics; Ozoma; even Ita himself, having gotten his MA from Columbia University in the United States of America, came back and repeated the London MA so he used to be referred to as Prof. Eyo Ita, MA Columbia, MA London. They felt they were more educated and, therefore, a better bred to lead the new dispensation in the East; not this ill-bred American educated fellows from schools they did not recognize.

A: But Eyo Ita?

A: My friend, he was opposition, when you split against the leadership, then you are already taking up arms against the party. Must there be two premiers? It was Zik, in fact, who named him Prof. Don’t tell me what you did not witness

Garbage !!!
Under Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa who not Hausa or Fulani but a minority tribe from Bauchi state who are predominantly Christian

*President IBO, Senate President IBO( leader of Parliament), Premiere of Eastern Region IBO for 2 consecutive terms

When Ironsi took over

*Head of State IBO
Governor of Eastern Region Ibo
No order tribe from the east was given Federal Appointment only Ibos
The truth is that you only see things from your own perspective the exact way KANU is right now doing

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 2:56am On Jun 25, 2021
KingOKON:

Garbage !!!
Under Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa who not Hausa or Fulani but a minority tribe from Bauchi state who are predominantly Christian

*President IBO, Senate President IBO( leader of Parliament), Premiere of Eastern Region IBO for 2 consecutive terms

When Ironsi took over

*Head of State IBO
Governor of Eastern Region Ibo
No order tribe from the east was given Federal Appointment only Ibos
The truth is that you only see things from your own perspective the exact way KANU is right now doing

Stay on topic man.
We are talking about Eyo Ita here.
Don't think I would let you off the hook easily.
What dirty politics did Zik play on Eyo Ita and minorities?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Idiko1: 5:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Na mumu dey worry you Igbos,hope you know I am a full blooded Ika man?

Gosh!!! What do we have here? A supposedly woman poster is Ika man. There is Ika woman too. Talk about being confused, some jackasses on the forum hardly discern their biological identity.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2021
Igboid:

Stay on topic man.
We are talking about Eyo Ita here.
Don't think I would let you off the hook easily.
What dirty politics did Zik play on Eyo Ita and minorities?

Your must be extra dumb, so are the above LIES or what?
Up til the civil war that Zik was the highest rank Easterner what did Eyo Ita and the minorities got at Federal level?
Zik even made sure Sir Udo Udoma the most suitable for Attorney General was side step and your here telling Eyo Ita is the topic when I am talking of his "dirty politicking"
You or I who makes the topic here?
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Igboid: 9:54am On Jun 25, 2021
KingOKON:

Your must be extra dumb, so are the above LIES or what?
Up til the civil war that Zik was the highest rank Easterner what did Eyo Ita and the minorities got at Federal level?
Zik even made sure Sir Udo Udoma the most suitable for Attorney General was side step and your here telling Eyo Ita is the topic when I am talking of his "dirty politicking"
You or I who makes the topic here?

Still writing out of point. Eyo Ita was leader of the region before he lost out.
How exactly was Zik responsible for Eyo Ita loss?
You couldn't explain this, you are busy jumping all over like a certain primate.
Who was Udo udoma?and how exactly was Zik the reason he couldn't make? Was Attorney General Zik's person property to give away or withhold?
The Eastern region lasted for just 6yrs under Igbo rule in independent NIGERIA, are you aware? Not even up to two tenures of a Nigerian modern day governor? How was all the posts supposed to go around to everyone within that short interval or you are just being mischievous like your parents including Eyo Ita himself whose lies against Ndiigbo were exposed as empty and vacuous lies at Willink report?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by caleboxylic: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2021
Hmmmm. This MNK and his IPOB team are serious with the agitation and has led to this revelation.

"Obama and Tony Blair want to intervene ". They are sending their team to discuss with Nigeria on IPOB and other secessionist group.

Watch the video : https://fb.watch/6lhmDwAoU3/
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by Sufferingboy(f): 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Idiko1:

Gosh!!! What do we have here? A supposedly woman poster is Ika man. There is Ika woman too. Talk about being confused, some jackasses on the forum hardly discern their biological identity.

I nor get your time.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Igboid:

Still writing out of point. Eyo Ita was leader of the region before he lost out.
How exactly was Zik responsible for Eyo Ita loss?
You couldn't explain this, you are busy jumping all over like a certain primate.
Who was Udo udoma?and how exactly was Zik the reason he couldn't make? Was Attorney General Zik's person property to give away or withhold?
The Eastern region lasted for just 6yrs under Igbo rule in independent NIGERIA, are you aware? Not even up to two tenures of a Nigerian modern day governor? How was all the posts supposed to go around to everyone within that short interval or you are just being mischievous like your parents including Eyo Ita himself whose lies against Ndiigbo were exposed as empty and vacuous lies at Willink report?

And what is this UTTER NONSENSE you have just written, I can see your deliberate parochial thinking is at work.
Azikiwe in 1952 ran down from the west after losing out and usurp the Eyo Ita led NCNC using the IBO majority population.
By 1954 he became Premiere Eastern Nigeria and between that time and 1959 played "Dirty Politicking". The Calabar province was where he demonstrated it the most the Obong of Calabar territory witnessed numerous new chiefs and clans
When in 1957 when Tafawa Balewa was announced as Prime Minister by the Governor General all the cabinet members were IBOs
When in 1959 he won the election to birth independence and Azikiwe became
President all the ministers where IBOs and the Premiere that succeeded him was also IBO. This alone aggravated the Southern Cameroon to seek for referendum and joined Cameroon despite being the region that outlawed sales of land to Ibos
Since 1952 to 1966 no FEDERAL APPOINTMENT went to non-Igbos in the eastern region.

Ironsi and Ojukwu came onboard and continued from there, when Adaka challenged the government they shouted FIRE but when Gowon started they did what ADAKA BORO and shouted marginalization even up till this moment

The Wilkins Report you seem to cherish is rubbish to us I bet you if their is a report right now about the agitation of the SE to Buhari it will come out the same way Wilkins came out.

If the referendum given to Southern Cameroon same was given for the creation of COR states you think Eastern would have survived, the same thing if referendum is giving in SE now
That REPORT by Wilkins is very USELESS to us and Eyo Ita after thoughts about NCNC and Azikiwe is also useless, what do you expect from a politician that has been hunted by the political powers that be as at then
If you don't know Sir Udo Udoma I am not surprise and it is best you don't know him after all we can see how only IGBO matter to Azikiwe only.

You don't know anything outside your domain and it best you keep quite instead of pretending and trying to cover up NONSENSE.
"Eyo Ita" isn't the 4kin discourse here but just a tip of the Iceberg
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by ibibiogrl: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
KingOKON:

Just like us the Igbos have the Ngwas, Bendes, Afikpos, Nris, mbise, Orlu, Wawas, Akwa and many other clusters that form the IBO group.
The language varies deeply compare to the dialect spoken in Akwaibom down to Southern cross river.
The word AkwaCross predates any movie industry, it is what has been used since the creation of Akwaibom mainly by all former indigenes of CrossRiver living in Lagos, Rivers, Pleateu etc states whenever they have meetings.
In lagos since the 1990s it is a well know group in different part of the state with members my father, uncles being one.

When the Ibibio Union was formed in 1914 or thereabout, there was nothing like Ibibio, Anang, Oron, Eket the merchant of light that were sent on scholarship to Europe were all under the Ibibios umbrella.
The man that introduced the ethnic divide into the AkwaCross region was Nnamdi Azikiwe simply to spite and divide the agitation of the COR( Calabar Ogoja Rivers) proponents, the Obong of Calabar being at the front.
He created Chiefs and recognized them while nothing of such was done in the core IBO areas where the Obi lord over.
Below is just a review of a book I will like you to check out.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2676026666023556&id=100008487468798&refid=17&_ft_=mf_story_key.2676026666023556%3Atop_level_post_id.2676026666023556%3Atl_objid.2676026666023556%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100008487468798%3Aoriginal_content_id.4186019478086013%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100000340055546%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2676026666023556%3Astory_location.4%3Aattached_story_attachment_style.photo%3Athid.100008487468798%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1625122799%3A3694471018765038809&__tn__=%2AW-R&_rdr.
https://www.nairaland.com/4469353/unravelling-itu-land-amazing-historical
Even in places like USA & Europe, infact outside Nigeria. There's not much divide of ethnic groups, most people all get along as Nigerians and join Nigerian churches. So people from AKS & CRS forming a group together in States outside Akwa Ibom, isn't a big deal undecided
AkwaCross Ibibio movie producer started producing the movies set in Lagos & AKS, so he might have lived in Lagos before moving to Uyo, and taken the name from the organization, I don't doubt that. Am talking about in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States, that such a combination group doesn't exist, except in the movies.
Do you know the meaning of Efik Ask your father, because seems like you grew up in Lagos or outside Akwa Ibom state. The meaning of Efik is Opress, given to them by Ibibios & other groups that didn't get along with them. Efiks have that name before the European colonizers arrived. They even proudly called themselves; Efik Eburutu. So if they got along as U claim, why would others like Ibibio call them " The Opressors"? shocked
Oron form their own Oron Union in 1925 few years before the British recognize & approved Ibibio State Union. So how were they members of Ibibio Union?
What has Azikiwe an Igbo man, who might not even have known the differences between the groups, got to do with Efik Eburutu and Ibibios? Is he the one that demarcated Akwa Ibom state from Efiks in Cross River State?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by SlayerForever: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
No mind the bastard.
Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
ibibiogrl:

Even in places like USA & Europe, infact outside Nigeria. There's not much divide of ethnic groups, most people all get along as Nigerians and join Nigerian churches. So people from AKS & CRS forming a group together in States outside Akwa Ibom, isn't a big deal undecided
AkwaCross Ibibio movie producer started producing the movies set in Lagos & AKS, so he might have lived in Lagos before moving to Uyo, and taken the name from the organization, I don't doubt that. Am talking about in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States, that such a combination group doesn't exist, except in the movies.
Do you know the meaning of Efik Ask your father, because seems like you grew up in Lagos or outside Akwa Ibom state. The meaning of Efik is Opress, given to them by Ibibios & other groups that didn't get along with them. Efiks have that name before the European colonizers arrived. They even proudly called themselves; Efik Eburutu. So if they got along as U claim, why would others like Ibibio call them " The Opressors"? shocked
Oron form their own Oron Union in 1925 few years before the British recognize & approved Ibibio State Union. So how were they members of Ibibio Union?
What has Azikiwe an Igbo man, who might not even have known the differences between the groups, got to do with Efik Eburutu and Ibibios? Is he the one that demarcated Akwa Ibom state from Efiks in Cross River State?

Who in lagos ever heard of AkwaCross movies? Who knew anything about movies of AkwaCross if not for "Okon Lagos "when far as back as the eras of Abiola contesting June 12 election AkwaCross Union was already a known union.
According to Etubom Ekpeyong Efiok Asama Ekpeyong Efiok Eyo Honesty VIII Efik Eburutu got the name when they settled down near Burutu but simple common sense even with the earlier Europeans knew they broke off the Uruan kins and went over the creeks and also stocks of the Oku Ibokus later joined the Uruan remnants across the great river "inyang attagbor".
They were selling shrimps when Europeans first met these mixed groups, they never had land to farm unlike their kins and surrounding neighbors
Azikiwe was a great manipulator who effectively deployed the divide and rule tactics in the Calabar and Bamenda provinces to the full advantage of his tribesmen, this left an endearing mark on the province leading to Bamenda to go join Cameroon and the serious agitation for COR states which unfortunately Ogoja states is yet to come into accomplishment.
The Ibibio/ Oron Union is best explained by one of the merchants of lights Sir Udoma Udoma I bet you know the book and personally I don't discuss AIbom issues here on NAIRALAND there are many home forums on social media we do that with our full identity on.
I am here to specifically counter any slant against our heritage and most especially from the nuisance called IPOB

https://punchng.com/as-a-monarch-i-still-lecture-at-the-university-ndidem-of-qua/

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by ibibiogrl: 1:12am On Jun 27, 2021
KingOKON:
Who in lagos ever heard of AkwaCross movies? Who knew anything about movies of AkwaCross if not for "Okon Lagos "when far as back as the eras of Abiola contesting June 12 election AkwaCross Union was already a known union.
https://punchng.com/as-a-monarch-i-still-lecture-at-the-university-ndidem-of-qua/
Whatever undecided U don't actually believe you are teaching Me the history of my ancestors, when you know nothing about Akwa Ibom state or Cross River State.
Seems U can't read, when did I say AkwaCross movies is based in Lagos Didn't I write that its a movie industry base in Uyo, that began in 2009 & brought that name AkwaCross to the actual state of AKS.
I've encountered people like you b4 on this blog who caused my Ibibio ancestors to be insulted angry most turned out not be from AKS at all or mixed & none grew up in AKS like Blackking98. It seems that U just ranting away gibberish.
U can go to this 3 thread to address the Efiks & Orons themselves about their history, convince them to acknowledge the Ibibio chief judge that's married to an Efik.
I don't care about your issues with Igbos/IPOB, they don't have anything to do with the tension & resentment of generations btwn Akwa Ibom state & Cross River State.
Convince the actual Efiks and Orons including Annangs etc that they were Ibibio before in these threads below;
https://www.nairaland.com/4110925/ini-edo-rocks-ibibio-traditional/1#87478087

https://www.nairaland.com/2700287/dialects-ibibio-where-spoken/13#39659487

https://www.nairaland.com/5717435/cross-river-assembly-rejects-ikpeme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination by KingOKON: 3:35am On Jun 27, 2021
ibibiogrl:

Whatever undecided U don't actually believe you are teaching Me the history of my ancestors, when you know nothing about Akwa Ibom state or Cross River State.
Seems U can't read, when did I say AkwaCross movies is based in Lagos Didn't I write that its a movie industry base in Uyo, that began in 2009 & brought that name AkwaCross to the actual state of AKS.
I've encountered people like you b4 on this blog who caused my Ibibio ancestors to be insulted angry most turned out not be from AKS at all or mixed & none grew up in AKS like Blackking98. It seems that U just ranting away gibberish.
U can go to this 3 thread to address the Efiks & Orons themselves about their history, convince them to acknowledge the Ibibio chief judge that's married to an Efik.
I don't care about your issues with Igbos/IPOB, they don't have anything to do with the tension & resentment of generations btwn Akwa Ibom state & Cross River State.
Convince the actual Efiks and Orons including Annangs etc that they were Ibibio before in these threads below;
https://www.nairaland.com/4110925/ini-edo-rocks-ibibio-traditional/1#87478087

https://www.nairaland.com/2700287/dialects-ibibio-where-spoken/13#39659487

https://www.nairaland.com/5717435/cross-river-assembly-rejects-ikpeme

Personally, the only sensible thread from the above is the last one and right now common sense stands above the Political nonsense Gov. Ayade had been planning all the while and this the public have seen with his defection to APC , she as since be sworn in you may need to find how was the voting pattern and why the women of Cross river south protested.
What is needed right now is not the conviction of who wants to be who and who but the creation of Ogoja State which should have been created before AkwaIbom, not the rants and comments of nairalanders majority of them lacking in depth knowledge of who they are not to talk of their political future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cameroon Tightens Security As Buhari Visits Today / Why Buhari Is Delaying Cabinet Expansion / APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.