Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29612 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by design106: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
cheesy
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by LaIabobo: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
The STAN on the receipts differs. Which means they are two different transactions.
What this means is that you entered your PIN twice.
One of the transactions was approved but the petrol station played a fast one on you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Esthered: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
The bank will not reverse a successful transaction OP. Tell the manager that you transferred to a staff and let the said staff refund the money as long as you have it in your statement of account likewise the attendant you transferred to.
You need to explain to the manager what transpired after your card was declined.
As long as the transaction was successful at the end of the day, it cannot be reversed because you weren't debited twice.
They need to resolve the issue internally at the petrol station.
Sometimes customers don't open up fully when they lay complaints as the solution may not be within the bank's purview.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by 01mcfadden(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Happened to me last year at AA Rano, Ado Ekiti on my wema ATM.
I made noise even on Twitter and countless mails to wema to no avail.
I just moved on.
Mine was #13k o
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Lexusgs430: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
Same wahala....... grin

I went to a restaurant, tendered my debit card.... It got declined on 3 occasions.......

I had to walk to an ATM machine, the same declined card, gave me cash ......

Went back to the restaurant, paid my bill..... Got to my hotel room, checked my account, the 3 declined attempts, actually paid.....

Went to my bank the next day, lodged a complaint..... Only one payment was ever reversed....

Morale of the story : Cash payments only or direct bank transfers (I cannot fit shout)....... cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Ibrahim94(m): 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go to your bank to lodge complaint about the transaction with the declined copy of the pos slip.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Viking007(m): 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

My bank said the money cannot be reversed since mobil’s account was credited.
With the declined POS receipt your bank is meant to reverse the funds whether successful or not. Send a Mail to your bank with the receipt attached, copy CBN and demand for a reversal.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Esthered: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Winneygirl:
Your complaint should be to your bank.
How many times were you debited.
Print your statement for it and be clear that the amount was not reversed.
Your bank can re-open the complaint if you insist that you were debited for a failed POS purchase with evidence.
You can also apply for a funds recall from the account that you transferred to.
All those advising you to go and engage EFCC, to go and fight at the station don't know how to resolve anything.
Also note that the manager of the filling station might not be in charge of accounts, so he may not have access to check the stations bank account.

The best thing is a recall of funds request at you stated. If she wasn't debited twice, then there's no need for reversal. She needs to engage the manager and state what transpired so that the staff can present his statement of account likewise her for investigation and reconciliation.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by erai30(m): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Get an army officer and look for the attendant you transferred money into his personal account, before you get the manager.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
The manager is a thief and he has been stealing from people using the same method...... As someone said up there; go there with rugged person and cause drama, you can even cause the drama yourself without anyone.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Mannylex(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
The unique identifier for Card transactions is the STAN and from the receipts you shared the STAN on the declined receipt provided by the Attendant differs from the STAN of the successful receipt provided by your Bank meaning you attempted the transaction twice of which one was successful. How come you were given just one receipt by the Attendant instead of two?

6 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Triangles1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

You're such a gentle man or you have enough, believe me no man can do that shiit with me.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by calberian: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Call Consumer Protection Council on 08053898840. They’d ask you to write a letter (pretty much copy and paste this original post) and attach the relevant receipts.

Slot Adeniran Ogunsanya once tried something worse with me. Na that day I sabi say no be everytin don spoil for Naija pata pata. At least dem neva spoil this singular institution yet.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Hezmatosky: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go to ur bank oga. Or if you have account officer call him. Neither you nor them hold the money. It's just hanging.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by justifyme(m): 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.
he might not be the person in charge of receiving alerts and transaction records!!! You should engage with the owner of the filling station � or better still report to d police!!! Then they will be forced to provide their account statement

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by kunle75(m): 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Go to barrack and pay two soldiers 5k and take them there and thank me later
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by yusufu16: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Skyfornia:

God knows I will never use my ATM card on any POS machine unless on an extremely emergency situation. I will rather go to the ATM and withdraw my money...then pay in cash or I do a transfer. Many Nigerians are fraudsters and always looking for an opportunity to defraud, outsmart or cheat another person.

OP I suggest you put more pressure on your bank since the manager is stubborn, your bank can then contact the receiver's bank and flag the account.

You will need court order to flag somebody's account. Bank will not just flag account like that.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by sylvanus190: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
Please report it to BUHARI
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by donPhill(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

you are even lucky yours is a physical firm which you can pour out your aggression... My own na fintech company wey de deny all evidence, I don't just know what to do... My better 6k oo
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by SILVERLINES: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

the money is within FCMB go to the bank and make a complain. There's every possibility that a cash can hang on the cloud without getting to the beneficiary account. Again, go to FCMB the money is with them.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by abatically(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Skyfornia:

God knows I will never use my ATM card on any POS machine unless on an extremely emergency situation. I will rather go to the ATM and withdraw my money...then pay in cash or I do a transfer. Many Nigerians are fraudsters and always looking for an opportunity to defraud, outsmart or cheat another person.

OP I suggest you put more pressure on your bank since the manager is stubborn, your bank can then contact the receiver's bank and flag the account.

U won't use pos but will rather do transfer lol. Maybe u don't know pos has less fail rate than transfer. At least for POS once it's approved it's instant. For transfer they will ask u to wait till they get alert and God help u in some cases that alert doesn't come until the next day. Sometimes sef 2 days they won't see alert.

3 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by idiagbo86(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go there, buy diesel worth 10k and opt to leave ,wen they insist u can insist the pump attendants must call their manager. When he shows up,show him ur proof and leave.if he insists tell him to follow u to the bank for rectification. Case closed .

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by sophxx: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
Write to EFCC and copy the filling station tell them how the filling station is defrauding you. Attach the mail your bank sent to you.

When the manager of that filling station see it he'll call you to come and collect your money.
Tunbosun002 this is the only way. EFCC or ICPC

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Xkoba: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Send a complaint to the consumer protection commission

[1quote author=tunbosun002 post=103002010]Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.[/quote]
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Manvalo: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
Tell the manager to either log complains through the Pos machine by uploading the pic of the said transactions. Or email the Pos party.
They will check it on their system, if the fault is from them, they will let him know and reverse it back to the Pos..
I run a business and it has happened to me severally.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Besto(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Same wahala....... grin

I went to a restaurant, tendered my debit card.... It got declined on 3 occasions.......

I had to walk to an ATM machine, the same declined card, gave me cash ......

Went back to the restaurant, paid my bill..... Got to my hotel room, checked my account, the 3 declined attempts, actually paid.....

Went to my bank the next day, lodged a complaint..... Only one payment was ever reversed....

Morale of the story : Cash payments only or direct bank transfers (I cannot fit shout)....... cheesy

Direct bank transfer can still be as bleeped up as the poster's experience too
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by leighcon(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
OP,
The first problem here is that the transaction sent to you by FCMB and the POS receipt that you uploaded are for two different transactions. The unique transaction identifier , the STANs are different on both. The STAN on your own receipt is 201816, while the STAN on what the bank sent to you is 877262.

The question then is, how many times did you have your card tried? If this is the only treceipt that you were issued with, you should have your bank statement downloaded to check for how many times you were charged the N10,000.00. If it is once, then, there is a transaction receipt that was approved that was not given to you and this should have a STAN matching with what the bank sent to you.

Lastly, you should call the attention of your bank to the fact that the STAN on your own receipt is different from what they have sent to you, they should have done a better job explaining to you that there was an approved transaction that is different from the the one you have with you.

Let us know how it goes, the answers would come when you do the above.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
Can you not go there, buy another diesel of N10,000 and zoom off? before you do, remind the manager about this scenario. Shikena!
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by chronique(m): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.

Go there and use a policeman to arrest him let them start the case at the police station.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by IbomTori: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
I had a similar issue and just like your bank said, the requested for three working days and which the send me mail showing records that I was debited and the money credited to the merchant. She refused to reconcile her account, she refused to go to Bank and check on her records.

With the face and anger written all over me, jejely she counted my 23k to me.

While will she gave out such amount without confirming from her Bank, was she trying to play smart on me, she might had gotten the alert but choose to play a trick on me. Just create a scene there and she will either move to bank or give you your money

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by emerged01(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
Bank should be the one to reversed the money since there is declined receipt. I have been through this but bank reversed my money with declined receipt in my hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? / Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.