Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29603 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by lizarazus(m): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Just walk into any branch of ur bank and ask to fill a POS DISPENSE ERROR FORM. after the no. of days given to u elapses without reversal. Ask for a COPY OF THE REPLY from the said merchant. U can then pick it up from there.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Olanight01: 2:59am On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,

Send a mail to your bank copying Mobil, itex integrated services, NIBSS, SON, CBN. Ensure you provide all your evidence for easy investigation.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by olmoRoc: 4:06am On Jun 25, 2021
frozen70:

I think you should go there and create a scene, drag the manager to the bank they operate with their POS and both of you will be at his bank to be sure the bank customer care will run a check and confirm the payment acknowledged by them

That's all, he wants to eat your money because he felt you are a woman and won't do anything

Display madness there and make sure that no car comes there to buy fuel during that mad moment, disgrace the operators and chase their customers away, they will cooperate bye force

And what happens if the get the OP arrested? I suggest doing what a number of responders suggested above; report the matter to the EFCC, and make sure he's aware. And please, don't ever transfer money into an attendant's personal account in future.

NB: It's time the CBN that's advocating a cashless society come up with a payment platform which doesn't involve the POS. A simple contactless system which is linked to the BVN and banks. A system like that would have prevented this situation.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Oluwapresley(m): 4:34am On Jun 25, 2021
tunbosun002:

My bank said the money cannot be reversed since mobil’s account was credited.

Your bank is funny.

Confirm the PAN on the receipt with your card to see that it's the same as the one on your card. If it is, then your bank is really funny. The way it works, if a transaction is declined, irrespective of whether the merchant was credited, the bank should raise a charge back. POS transaction doesn't work with credit or debit but with codes and consequently receipts. So there are times a transaction declines but value is transferred. Such transactions are treated as failed and a charge back is raised by the bank. Soooo, you need to fill a dispute or whatever your bank calls it for a charge back.

I would like to know how this ends.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Oluwapresley(m): 4:42am On Jun 25, 2021
Winneygirl:
Your complaint should be to your bank.
How many times were you debited.
Print your statement for it and be clear that the amount was not reversed.
Your bank can re-open the complaint if you insist that you were debited for a failed POS purchase with evidence.
You can also apply for a funds recall from the account that you transferred to.
All those advising you to go and engage EFCC, to go and fight at the station don't know how to resolve anything.
Also note that the manager of the filling station might not be in charge of accounts, so he may not have access to check the stations bank account.

God bless you!! Person wey sabi. There are so many times a declined transaction goes through. It is only logical that we go by receipts and not what's underlined. Let's assume the attendant knew the money came in and had treated the transaction as successful with a receipt that showed declined, how do you reconcile given that receipts are evidence of payments?

And the funny thing about POS transactions is, they are usually lumped up. When you run a statement for POS transactions, for most banks they come up with aggregated balances; hardly will you see ones showing individual transactions so I make bold to say there was no way the manager could have traced that transaction.

Like you said, this is a matter with the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Lemon1(m): 5:20am On Jun 25, 2021
As a general rule ...POS operators were told by their banks never to pay a declined transaction... Whether the transaction later got into their accounts or not,they will not pay u,because banks have told them ,that once the transaction is declined it can be and will be reversed from their accounts or where ever it is hanging back into the card holders account ...the money is mostly likely not in their account...it might be hanging special accounts (sundries) created for failed transactions .....the only people that can help u is ur bank ,go with ur declined reciept and fill a failed transaction form...they will reverse it for u after some some days....forget about that email people at the head quarters ....go to the nearest branch of ur bank

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by frozen70(f): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2021
olmoRoc:

And what happens if the get the OP arrested? I suggest doing what a number of responders suggested above; report the matter to the EFCC, and make sure he's aware. And please, don't ever transfer money into an attendant's personal account in future.

NB: It's time the CBN that's advocating a cashless society come up with a payment platform which doesn't involve the POS. A simple contactless system which is linked to the BVN and banks. A system like that would have prevented this situation.

The police that will arrest him because of 10k, how much do you think is the bribe you will give to police to persecute him

Will police lock him up or take him to court, how much will she spend for all that

You want her to report 10k issue to EFCC, do you know how much it cost to mobilize EFCC

Let her go and display madness there and the rest motorists will know what happened

That public disgrace is what the filling station would not want

It takes madness to correct nonsense
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by theforemost: 8:50am On Jun 25, 2021
Adebaba1:
Go to the station with a mad person or a security personnel and cause drama, that manager is mad and he needs to be dealt with

CJJJF. Chief justice of the jungle justice of Nigeria
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by psucc(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2021
samsam2019:
I have a lot of experience in this job and I can tell you for a fact that their account has been credited. It's either he has spent your money and trying to play you or the manager has no access to where he can confirm the transaction ( which I doubt)

Carry police go arrest them

Police still dey? Or still d do arrest?

This lady has been advised well, she should take a step and report back to the house on the outcome. Others will learn from her experience and more steps enunciated if need be.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by vikgreen01(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Following
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Good evening nairalanders,
I want to say a very big thank you to everyone here, a big thank you to Mrs Linda, Mr Oladimeji and Mr Gbenga for the prompt response when they saw my post. I got my money refunded this evening.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

I want to say a very big thank you to Mobil (11PLC) for their prompt response when they saw my post. They reached out to me and assisted in ensuring the matter is resolved.

I filled a POS error form at my bank and got credit within 24hrs by FCMB.

Thank you to all nairalanders for your various suggestions.

3 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by c2far: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
OP, a quick one. Help us with lessons from this experience so we can also learn to avoid situations like this, or learn how to solve matters like this.

You earlier went to the bank and the bank said No. What changed this time? Who was at fault all along.

In hope. I say thanks for your response.

tunbosun002:

I want to say a very big thank you to Mobil (11PLC) for their prompt response when they saw my post. They reached out to me and assisted in ensuring the matter is resolved.

I filled a POS error form at my bank and got credit within 24hrs by FCMB.

Thank you to all nairalanders for your various suggestions.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.
What later happened. Were you able to collect back your money?
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by adubam(m): 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:

FalseProphet1 you that go about seeing everi tin neva see wetin happen at the end of this? grin grin grin
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by tunbosun002(f): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:

yes I did, it was resolved almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Geist(m): 4:33am On Aug 04, 2022
tunbosun002:
I want to say a very big thank you to everyone here, a big thank you to Mrs Linda, Mr Oladimeji and Mr Gbenga for the prompt response when they saw my post. I got my money refunded this evening.
Please who are these people who later helped you out and how did you contact MobilNig. I have the same issue with a Total filling station and my bank after consulting with the merchants bank says the transaction was successful and I need to request a refund from the filling station but the filling station manager is unresponsive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 / Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.