Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,242 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29604 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by miniziter(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Tell your bank that claimed its a successful transaction to present an ariber log code so the guy can take it to his bank for follow up.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by abatically(m): 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
kunle75:

Go to barrack and pay two soldiers 5k and take them there and thank me later

This is not the way to go.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Bluffly: 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Sue your bank. You got a declined receipt and your bank is telling you that it was successful. That is bullshit. Many banking officers don't know their Job. In the case of declined transactions, it is banks that resolve issues. Your bank is the one creating confusion

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by abatically(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
angelfallz:
I believe you can use bank apps to verify if a said amount of money has entered your account.

Some days ago someone paid some money into my account in my presence, I did not receive any alert, but I opened my bank app, checked my transactions and behold the money was credited to my account. It was an hour or so later that I received the alert.

A lot of traders don't use bank app. And a lot of times the person that receives the alert is not there in the shop. They will tell u if they don't see alert they won't release goods. Even with bank app sometimes transfers take longer than usual to reflect. POS is by far better than using transfer to make payment.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by JUO(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
I had the same issue with petrocam power line ikotun, they tried to play a fast one on me, but I followed them up, by visiting their branch office and calling the customer support department. I remember the bank staff advised me to let the money go. It took me 6 months to get my money back. With the declined receipt your money should be refunded
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Abagworo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Your bank should resolve it.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Greystone: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Thanks for your response, I will do this.

We want to hear feedback woh. Fraudulent people everywhere.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Ebonygeek(f): 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.
Please if you can, get some of your friends with cars. Let them block all the petrol dispensers so that nobody else can buy fuel. When the stupid manager sees that he's losing money, he will receive sense
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Jollynuel: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nawa...
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by bigpicture001: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
The bank manager is not with the money
....trust me talking from experience...

The money is in the air in possession of the third party,usually inter switch....

The bank FCMB is to blame for feeding you with bad info..how did they peep into a UBA account to know its in the managers account.

Bad customer care management: they shoukd simply say it left thier bank..and not say its in the other persons account.

Filling of inter-bank settlement form from FCMB is the only way out..

If anyone here doubt me,I can pkace a 50k bet on what i am saying...the money will.later be found in the mnagers account, but may be 10days later than the said date FCMB is claiming...which proves the manager is right

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by samsongbemisola(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
it happened to me last year may i made the complaint to the bank, the bank told me the money is with the POS account, while the POS owner says the money is not there. After so many coming n going, my bank said they wilk write to the bank which the POS account. After some time i got my money back, they even paid me twice.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by JONSYN7154: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
miniziter:

NO be only EFCC. Don't you see declined?
it declined and later he got alert and his bank acknowledged the the POS withdrew 10k.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by superbouck(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
Go to ur bank and fill dispense error form, also inform the bank to give you log code for the transaction. The bank will either reverse the money or give you the code. Take the code to the filling station and give it to the manager, the manager will now complain on ur behalf to his service provider which will in turn liase with your bank to either return your case or reverse it to your account.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Bolaji26(m): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.
must u use a soldier.. Leta on, na still ur type dat will be insulting soldiers if u see dem somewhere harrassing a civilian.. Whereas na una dey go call dem to come intimidate sm1 For u..

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Calicoe: 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
E don finish, my atm will never enter any pos machine again. Instead, I'll make transfer to their bank account and collect cash. If na me this thing happen to, don't know what I would have done sha but I know say me and that manager for don fight and their property go dey with me. Pos transaction can't be traced my ass. When I cause katata for there finish, make I see weda him nor go run go bring him statements of account
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by 123papas(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Write an email to Mobil Nigeria Plc and copy consumer protection agency. Attach evidence
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Calicoe: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
idiagbo86:
Go there, buy diesel worth 10k and opt to leave ,wen they insist u can insist the pump attendants must call their manager. When he shows up,show him ur proof and leave.if he insists tell him to follow u to the bank for rectification. Case closed .
Correct, I like this idea
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by miniziter(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
JONSYN7154:
it declined and later he got alert and his bank acknowledged the the POS withdrew 10k.
You simply don't understand how a POS transaction works. This is not a bank transfer o. You need orientation please. If any bank will refer someone to claim a declined funds then it should be accompanied with an arbiter log code with which the merchant can work with.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by miniziter(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
Calicoe:

Correct, I like this idea
You dey like village idea abi.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by kingsman66(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
According to your evidence, they recipt of they pos machine was written delcined and i believe is a enough for you to accept it and revisit your bank. Try and check another bank branch to be very sure b4 taking any funny decision . NOTE decline transaction is a failed transation and there is no way it will reserved to they pos machine rather to the customer, then print ur bank statement go through it and then fight for your right..... Not all pos machine are freud remember this is company pos not personal pos agent

Know this and know peace

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by bayumyguy: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Follow up with FCMB and Uba and harras them seriously cos it happen to me before wema pos same 10k I use gtb bank it took gtb almost a month to reverse the money so u have to be on them with follow up.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Calicoe: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
miniziter:

You dey like village idea abi.
Village Idea or not, na wetin dem deserve be that
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by anarado(f): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kindly send your phone number to be reached from Mobil head office. Thank you.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by neighbourhud: 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
capnies:

ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO PROVE WHERE THE MONEY IS, IS FOR THE MANAGER TO GO TO THEIR BANK AND GET A PRINTOUT OF THEIR ACCOUNT STATEMENT FROM THE. DAY THE TRANSACTION WAS MADE TO ABOUT A WEEK AFTER. YOUR BANK KNOWS WHEN THE MONEY WAS CREDITED TO THEIR ACCOUNT THAT RESOLVES THE ISSUE

Point ..

Bank statement from both bnk is enough proof
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by lereinter(m): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
First thing please stop using a useless bank like FCMB

I say it again stop using a useless bank like FCMB

I know this is not the first time you are experiencing something like this

And

From experience they always have this kind of issue.

the manager might be shady but if a company pos says declined they don't refund.

FCMB is supposed to write interswitch to reverse your money back into your account

Just send a message to the manager that you are going to radio station
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by greatcrown: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
The manager may not be able to access the corporate account.

He cannot rely on your evidence. The sure evidence he has is the decline receipt and he's holding onto it.

To bring money out of a corporate account is not that easy.

It may be easier if the filling station is not directly Mobil Station.

Your bank in my opinion is the one that should be responsible since the POS belongs to the bank.

The bank should find a way to refund you and get their money from Mobil.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Calicoe: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
kingsman66:
According to your evidence, they recipt of they pos machine was written delcined and i believe is a enough for you to accept it and revisit your bank. Try and check another bank branch to be very sure b4 taking any funny decision . NOTE decline transaction is a failed transation and there is no way it will reserved to they pos machine rather to the customer, then print ur bank statement go through it and then fight for your right..... Not all pos machine are freud remember this is company pos not personal pos agent

Know this and know peace

You may be right, maybe the money never got to account through the pos but for the manager to say pos transactions are untraceable proves there is something shady going on. He didn't even say wait for some days to see if it will reach their account he just concluded its untraceable. That alone would make me go brock lesner on his ass
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by DAramis: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

If all options fail you, just forfeit the money and use it to do saraka to them. God will replenish the loss.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by 9jasmart(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
You don't need to worry much get court order and submit to the bank. CBN will revert your money automatically without even telling the station once the claims are verified. Meet a banker to tell you the procedure on how to obtain court order. Just do that an you will get your money back. My brother in a pos captain with first bank and has faced numerous of such criminal POS operators. Don't panic jut submit the sales boy account you transfered to and the POS account
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Dynamiceagle(f): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

What about the attendants you transfered to?
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Okpabana: 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
The POS print out shows decline. It is therefore left for FCMB to do a charge back request to UBA for reversal. It's a failed transaction. Just be patient. It sometimes takes over 2 weeks to resolve charge back issues
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

1st of all, your bank is wrong for asking you to go to the merchant to retrieve your cash even after you have presented your copy of declined reciept!
Once a transaction is declined, the merchant IS NOT supposed to approve that transaction wether you where debited or not.
What the bank should have done is to contact the POS account domiciled bank (UBA) and lay complaint for the immediate reversal.
Normally the UBA bank would send a mail of
"NOT ON US" to the merchant, informing him(merchant) of a pending debit within 72hrs unless he(merchant) can prove otherwise that the money wasn't credited to his account,
After 72hrs the money is reversed from the bank and into your account.
YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS MEETING WITH THE VENDOR AND YOUR BANK FCMB IS WRONG SENDING YOU ON SUCH ERRAND. TAKE YOUR CASE WITH THEM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 / Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.