Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? (29609 Views)

OPAY Users Please How Did You Resolve This Issue / Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by akinmusi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Does Anyone Know How I Can Resolve This Issue?

Good morning nairalanders,

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me..

@OP

From the PoS result code "0" zero

The merchant (The Filling Station) was successfully credited with the sum of #10,000.

It will take due diligence and talking to your bank or account manager to persuade merchant to acknowledge it because they might not know owing to several pos credit transactions.

What your bank will do is to write the beneficiary (merchant bank) by way of saying saying you didn't receive value for the transaction.

The bank of the merchant may now wish to contact them that their account was successfully credited siting date, time, RRN of the transaction and other details especially the time it was credited.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by psucc(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Winneygirl:
Your complaint should be to your bank.
How many times were you debited.
Print your statement for it and be clear that the amount was not reversed.
Your bank can re-open the complaint if you insist that you were debited for a failed POS purchase with evidence.
You can also apply for a funds recall from the account that you transferred to.
All those advising you to go and engage EFCC, to go and fight at the station don't know how to resolve anything.
Also note that the manager of the filling station might not be in charge of accounts, so he may not have access to check the stations bank account.
Your last lines though. The manager is the Chief Accounting Officer of the business and every other principal officers report to him, the accountant is no exemption.

He has every right to request bsuch records fromthe accountant and do the needful.

But in this case, he only wants to play some funny game.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by chronique(m): 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Same wahala....... grin

I went to a restaurant, tendered my debit card.... It got declined on 3 occasions.......

I had to walk to an ATM machine, the same declined card, gave me cash ......

Went back to the restaurant, paid my bill..... Got to my hotel room, checked my account, the 3 declined attempts, actually paid.....

Went to my bank the next day, lodged a complaint..... Only one payment was ever reversed....

Morale of the story : Cash payments only or direct bank transfers (I cannot fit shout)....... cheesy

First bank still de owe 6k for 2 years now. The money is in lien. It came from an online payment that I did and was debited twice. I can't keep going to the bank to queue and fill form for 6k everytime. I can't withdraw it.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ACE1010: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Guy you've been scammed undecided undecided
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by ThothHermes: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
The supposed manager is no longer picking my calls so I feel there is something shady about the transaction. I don’t know how difficult it can be to check your records if you received money or not. Please I need help from bankers in the house and advise from nairalanders.
Manager don chop 10k grin
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by akinmusi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Esthered:
The bank will not reverse a successful transaction OP. Tell the manager that you transferred to a staff and let the said staff refund the money as long as you have it in your statement of account likewise the attendant you transferred to.
You need to explain to the manager what transpired after your card was declined.
As long as the transaction was successful at the end of the day, it cannot be reversed because you weren't debited twice.
They need to resolve the issue internally at the petrol station.
Sometimes customers don't open up fully when they lay complaints as the solution may not be within the bank's purview.

I feel the staff helped him.

Dont take that for granted and get the staff sacked.

Only the Op bank can resolve it with the help of both the Mercant and their bank.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by pek(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
@Xkoba
You can make your point without quoting the whole stuff.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by empire78: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
I will also advise you first print your Statement of account ,go back to the fuel station give the manager the photocopy let him see whatever he says take your action
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by jaxxy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
Their accountant or pos service manger should be able to check and confirm the payment for them. I’m not sure an ordinary manger who didn’t study accounting can resolve or confirm such declined bt debited payment by himself unless he’s been put through.

I have had similar experience and the accountant of the place “a lounge” confirmed and got back to me in 1 or 2days because the bank has to give them their daily pos transaction report details the next day or so.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by pauldanielchi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dear, just tell the Manager that if he fails to refund the money on or before tomorrow, you will have no choice than to write to EFFC, copy his Head Office, CBN and take him to Court.
Do not be afraid for u ve everything on ur side to win with even reward. Let him know that u re only pitying him that he may loss his job if he fails to reverse ur cash before tomorrow.
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Please I have an issue with MobilinNigeria(Mobil petroleum station) in one of their branches in Lekki axis and the manager seems not to know what to do about it or he’s trying to play me.

On the 12th of this month, I was at one of the branches to buy diesel worth N10,000 with my atm card using POS..the fuel attendant whose name starts with M tried using my card with their POS machine and after about 30mins, he gave me the card saying the transaction was declined and opted that I transfer 10k to his personal account and he would pay later when the POS machine starts working, which I did and I left the petrol station.

On getting home, N10,000 from the declined transaction was deducted from my account. I sent an email to my bank(FCMB) immediately asking them to make a reversal of the N10,000 deducted from my account and I got a response stating that they will investigate for 3 working days.

After the said working days was completed, I got an email from FCMB saying the POS merchant got credited with the money with proof. I went back to mobil petrol station and I met with one of the attendants, asking to see their manager and I explained why I needed to see the manager but when the guy he called their manager came, the first thing he said is “IT IS A POS TRANSACTION and IT CANNOT be traced”, I immediately told him he cannot tell me there’s no way to keep track of their account records and I needed my money back since FCMB said the money went through, I also showed him the receipt FCMB sent to me. He promised to investigate and call back on Monday noon which he didn’t, I gave him till past 6pm of the said day before calling him, he asked that I call back so he can check and when I did, he said he didn’t see the N10,000 transaction in their account.
I called FCMB yesterday and they still insisted that they received the money and they asked that I go back there and give them a call to talk to the manager.

Note, the manager has refused to check with the bank copy receipt FCMB sent to me saying since the one they gave me at the petrol station says declined, then the money is not with them.
Please I need help from bankers in the house and nairalanders on how to get this money, N10,000 is really a lot this period as I have not been working for the past six weeks now.

I will attach the declined receipt I got from the petrol station and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.

Attached is the declined receipt I got from the fuel attendant and the receipt FCMB sent to me after their investigations.
Take your declined receipt to the pos bank,and showed the receipt to the bank manager.They will find out from the serial numbers written on the receipt in their computers.But I know the fuel station manager is playing you.The deal is between the manager and the fuel attendant who served you.That POS account number is linked to the owner of the filling station.The manager might have contacted his boss and the boss acknowledged a credit alert but he is trying to play you.Go to the uba bank with your declined receipt.They know how to go about it.Dont back down.

I had a similar situation.I withdrew 10k from a pos point.The transaction was declined from the pos machine but I received a debit alert.The sales girl was trying to play me that the transaction didn't go true.When insisted,she had to call the owner of the pos and she was asked to pay me.That is how the pos sale's girls make the extra income.They will record it in their daily sales book as transaction approved and divert the money as if the have paid to the customer whose transaction was declined.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
You people can rush to give advice on nairaland. Instead of you to wait and let people that have incisive knowledge advise tunbosun002. You guys are just calling EFCC, ICPC, Soldier ontop simple dispute.
Na una type dey use cancer medicine for ordinary headache.

@ tunbosun002 , take a look at those 2 receipts, you will realise that STAN is different. That suggests that the transactions are 2 different transactions.

How many debits did you see on your account statement?
Was there any reversal?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by hope4nigeria(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

ready to loose 5k out of the money, carry police go arrest the manager
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Ofuks(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dear OP,

The issue is with your bank and not the POS Merchant.
Your account was debited for a DECLINED transaction.
Luckily, you have the evidence (transaction receipt).
Kindly write a complaint letter to your bank and give them 2 weeks to reverse your funds or you will institute a legal action against them, for unwarranted debit.
The dispute team in your bank will re-log your claim and follow up until it is resolved.
Ordinarily a declined transaction, is not set up to debit a customer account, but if a debit occurs, the banks banking application is supposed to initiate an auto-reversal.
There is a dispute system where all banks interact to resolve this kind of claim.
So sorry.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by MadamExcellency: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
The money is with FCMB.

The only way the money is with Mobile is if the attendant filled their account number as reversal destination.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Esthered: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
akinmusi:

I feel the staff helped him.

Dont take that for granted and get the staff sacked.

Only the Op bank can resolve it with the help of both the Mercant and their bank.

I agree the staff helped, what if the staff never remitted the money at the end of the day when balancing. This can can happen when the transaction has impacted the book and they are balanced at the end of the day upon reconciliation.
The thing is if the journal from merchant matches the customer's copy that is declined and was eventually successful and the transaction was settled in another way, the merchant should help the complainant by issuing a refund sir.
This is what causes unresolved issues upon escalation.
I like it when customers open up as it aids investigation and resolution.
The petrol station ought to have an account for transfer purposes in the case of POS downtime.
How will the staff remit the money at the end of the day admist his busy schedule, will he go to the bank to withdraw the money.......as a business owner, would you agree to your staff using personal account to render help knowing the inherent risks?

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by hope4nigeria(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
NaughtyBrainiac:
You people can rush to give advice on nairaland. Instead of you to wait and let people that have incisive knowledge advise tunbosun002. You guys are just calling EFCC, ICPC, Soldier ontop simple dispute.
Na una type dey use cancer medicine for ordinary headache.

@ tunbosun002 , take a look at those 2 receipts, you will realise that STAN is different. That suggests that the transactions are 2 different transactions.

How many debits did you see on your account statement?
Was there any reversal?
you think na America you dey Mr wise, na Nigeria be this oh, if you nor push as it hot, you no go see that money again, you know how much transport and how much credit @Op must have spent by now trying to get that money? A bank after investigation claim the fueling station received the said amount and the manager instead of contacting the bank still proving stubborn and you say na small issue? E be like say you sef is not normal.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Skymason20(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Pos don't pay decline transaction!!and the money can't been in merchant account, It will reverse to ur account or u go to ur bank and fill despens erro form so ur account can be credicted before 24h or 7working days.. And that why its good to operate top banks nor kpako bank sad
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Iko5000: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
OP next time do not transfer Money to a personal account , if they do not have a Corporate account then find other means
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Weneda(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:

Hmm madam thesame happened to my wife but i thank God is 1k nd it was refunded by the POS agent. She try using her card but the guy said it was declined. She came back and got alert of 1k deducted from her account by the POS. She went back the next day and showed the guy the lert, he was still adamant. She went to the bank and layed a complain, the customer care checked her system it showed money was deducted. The customer care told my wife to go and collect her money from the POS. I followed her, saw the guy told him that we are coming from the bank now, he should give me the 1k. He was just ranting here nd there but after everything he gave us the 1k. We should be careful of using POS for transactions. Some of this guy's are not smiling. So madam in my humble opinion, go to the bank and print ur statement of account from that day u made that transaction, go with some older guys or ur husband (if u are married), present the statement to him, he can't deny it.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Adewale1603(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wahala on top 10k, problem no dey finish for life, if they chop the said 10k, it would eventually finish, weitin no go finish for life
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by 24kmagic: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
All these talks of reporting to EFCC are hogwash.

EFCC that I reported somebody to since January, nothing came out of it. I didn't even get a mail that my petition has been received.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by angelfallz(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
For God sake why would you pay in money to an employee's account? Involve the police.
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by chloride6: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
There is a NIPs transaction ID that is generated when you use POS or do transfer.

Let FCMB give you that transaction ID , the issue will be clear as daylight.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by MemoriesAndMe: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Adebaba1:
Go to the station with a mad person or a security personnel and cause drama, that manager is mad and he needs to be dealt with
A mad person? From where?
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by KINGKONG(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
tunbosun002:
Thank you for this response, I plan on going with a soldier to create a scene.

No don't do this ..... You may end up complicating issues for yourself .... Resolve the issue amicably, if he's not cooperating then involve Police in this case with solid evidence from your bank (That they received the money) you can charge him for fraud.

You fit even sue for damages for making you waste your time you should have used for something productive

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by nurez305(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
VillageBus:
The money no enter there account, the money dey with your bank. Show ur bank the receipt make dem reverse the money.
If na access bank na within 30mins dey go resolve this case for you.
only one person that understand what is going on here... Even some stupid bank worker knows nothing about their work.

It has happen to me with access bank, I use their app to pay for my gotv subscription and I was debited but my gotv was not up. I sent mail to multichoice and they claimed the money did not reflect in their account. I sent mail to access bank and they also claim the money is already credited ... After series of messages to both companies while they keep refering me to each other, I got fed up and let the money go. I was surprised to get a reversal from access bank after like 6months when I have even forgotten about the money. This is same money they said it was credited to mulit choice account and can not be reversed, same money was reversed after 6months.

Now tell me, how are they balancing their account without showing the overage of 2k? So many useless organisation in Nigeria.

The money might still be with the bank but they will said it is not with them
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Primequeen101: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dear poster, my experience in pos dispute resolution, there is no way a merchant(Mobil station) can stop pos reversals without providing approved receipt for the disputed transaction. Bank gives merchants 24 hrs to respond to the claim( that is, to provide approved scanned copy of the transaction n if otherwise funds will be automatically reversed back to the customer). In your case, I feel your bank only asked if your money settled into the merchant account and the merchant bank said yes. Go back to your bank and tell your bank that you want ur money reverse back to you and that they should mail the other bank requesting for refund.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by infortech(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
call your customer care number at the back of your ATM card. as far as it wrote Decline no body will pay you, if you involved EFCC or police your wasting your time and Money, because they will still direct you to the bank, the bank are the once that have the right to withdrew the money back from the fuel station
Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by Awoleesu(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
In the turn of events, you didn't say whether the fuel attendant to whom you transferred the initial 10k was involved in all of your engagement with the station manager....

Did the attendant actually transfer the money into the station's account? I think that's where to begin. Perhaps the manager was right in telling you there was no such transaction in their books!

All the same, I guess you may have learned a lesson or two... Next time, should there be complications or a tendency of such in any transaction, simply walk away!

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by pius4luv(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
I have had such experience before , i could remember i went to the market to buy some food stuff, i went to a Pos operator to withdraw some money, i withdraw 20k first , it went successfully after I've finish buying the food stuff with all the money that's with me, i went back to the lady to withdraw 2k for my transport fare not knowing that the lady withdraw another 20k from my account , the lady now told me that the transaction was declined that i should use another pos so she now withdraw the 2k for me with another pos machine so when i got home i received a debit alert of 20k from my account i was so angry i have to go back to the lady and explain to her she told me that i should be patient that she will confirm it, i went there to cause scene i didn't laugh with her and i was shouting the lady now told me that i should be calm that she will sort it out so after some minute she now call her boss to confirm the money her boss now told her that the money was debited from my account the lady now told me that i should drop my bank account that she will transfer the money back, i was so happy because i was thinking that the lady want to outsmart me she think she is smart.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Filling Station, ₦10,000 & POS Wahala: How Can I Resolve This Issue? by angelfallz(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lol everyone can't have the same temperament

Triangles1:

You're such a gentle man or you have enough, believe me no man can do that shiit with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 / Three Banks Failed Capital Adequacy Test - CBN / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.