Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC (6564 Views)

Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election / Jega Inec Chairman To Resign Over Alleged Sectionalism And Favouritism / Jega, INEC boss, Escapes Mob Attack In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by otondo55: 10:29pm On May 07, 2011
F U C K BUHARI !!! Big Time !

After killing the Innocent without remorse,

Now u want justice, you will never have rest, they blood will hunt you !
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Ekpoma1: 10:38pm On May 07, 2011
I dont why Bahari just want to waste the looted money of Nigeria, his time and energy chasing shadow. He should just drop it.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by sshalom(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2011
'am waiting to see how it goes, our politicians are just tooooooo much!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by davidom: 10:58pm On May 07, 2011
May the BLOOD of innocent Corpers they killed HUNT them all (CPC) till they all die including their children for ever and ever. JUSTICE KO JUSTICE NI,
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by bamosagie(m): 10:58pm On May 07, 2011
About 400 other petitioners who contested the National Assembly, governorship and state Assembly elections have also gone to court over their defeat.

I am sure that number did not accomodate Ohakim, who is also going to court.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Bensonite: 11:07pm On May 07, 2011
kokogee:

I think the problem with Nigerians is that they use their personal view to judge issues instead of looking at issues objectively.

The truth is that on April 16, Channels tv aired an interview with Buhari where he was asked what he felt about the election; his(Buhari) reply was that there were reports of electoral frauds that he was getting from party member and that if the fraud made GEJ to win, he(Buhari) as a person will not go to court like before but his party(CPC) is free to contest any election results it felt were not justified.

Aside from the above, I don't know if going to court to contest election results is a crime. Afterall, proofs and evidences would be examined to determine the case at hand and whatever the result should be accepted in good faith.

Tell me what is the sense in the aboved bolded. Do want to argue that Buhari never said he was not going to contest the result. If on the day of the election knowing fully well he was going to lose badly made a slight u-turn to speak on behave of the party that they may go to court if they so wish. You mean you do not know CPC= BUHARI and can not be separated.
Think before posting a counter!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by dayolove: 11:13pm On May 07, 2011
there is no crime in buhari or CPC going to court. it will strengthen democracy and help PDP government sit up and alert to their responsibilities to the Nation Nigeria. It was in Nairaland that one of us detailed all the promises made by GEJ towards his being voted for power. let's watch and see how many of these promises will be fulfilled on regional basis. If the threat of a possible court case lingers, it will serve as a alternative government or government in waiting. The killing of corps members in the North by CPC members(if proven) is condemnable and every culprit should be brought to book and made to face the dire consequence of the law including the sponsors. This will send signal to others whose future ambition is to be used for this kind of atrocity.
Like someone said, NLanders should be objective in their responses/contributions to issues especially when it comes to politics. some enlightened guys seemed to be running aware from the forum unlike before as a result of lame contributions made by some of us.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Musiwa13: 11:20pm On May 07, 2011
th
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Bensonite: 11:23pm On May 07, 2011
Dayolove,
No one is saying CPC or Buhari should not go to court. We are only x-ray their pre -election statements and no one should argue the obvious. Like you cited the promises made by GEJ as highlighted and posted on NL  if tomorrow PDP or GEJ give excuse for not fulfilling them wont you rush to NL and make it known to the world.
Your argument about objectivity is flawed in many sense but I am not ready for that now. Anyone can leave the forum it does not add food on anyones table so nobody cares!
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by MAYOWAAK: 11:23pm On May 07, 2011
Exponental:

Na 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These guys shld see from wat happened in Lagos dat pple voted for Jonathan not PDP!!!!
Anyway, Lawyers go chop na!!!!!!!
They Voted for Gej not Pdp because Gej will work with Angels and Spirits as Advisers, ministers, Senators, House of Reps members, Governors, Commissioners, etcetera. What a very "lucky" Joke.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by MAYOWAAK: 11:29pm On May 07, 2011
I thought many Nigerians especially, the ones that supports Gej not Pdp, claimed that the presidential elections were free, fair and even credible. It is the best elections Nigeria has ever witnessed after June 12. So, why are the same set of people especially from the wisest ones from south south and south east claiming that Pdp is rigging them out of their prefered candidates.( i dey laugh o, i dey dance o, even i go drink beer o). . . What a joke of the highest order. Half Truth is never and can never be "The Truth". . . Imagine the supposed wisest people of Nigerians claiming we only voted for candidate not party. . . Is Gej going to work with angels and not Pdp members? lol, lol, lol, He who laugh last, laugh best. . . i dey laugh o, i dey dance o, even i go drink beer o. . .
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Slyr0x: 11:35pm On May 07, 2011
Hmmmn. .Funny how, iVoted for Buhari buh twas soooooooooo obvious GEJ won. .
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by ypad: 11:39pm On May 07, 2011
I 'm angry, because innocent lives were sent to early grave. Buhari knows he 'll contest Jonathan victory in court, why them did he not calm his supporters when Al-jazeera news asked him to do so. After killing innocent people Buhari is back at the court seeking for Justice. One thing i know for sure is, though hand join hand, the wicked 'll not go unpunished.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by mcgboye(m): 11:48pm On May 07, 2011
Having followed nairaland's politics closely for 2 months, i've come to d conclusion that the moderators of the section are directly to blame for d abuse that goes on here. Look @ the topic for example, "Buhari's CPC sues Jega, INEC". Why didnt the thread owner just say CPC. It is very inciting! And for all the members of the forum who always blame Buhari for everyone of Nigeria's problem, read the opening post very well. Clearly, it was the party (and not Buhari!) that is suing!
And i'm stil suprised that our govt has successfully convinced (or is it confused) us into believing it was Buhari who caused the post-elections riots in the North. Really? When did buhari become our security officer? Was he the one that caused the myriad of unsolved bombings in the country before n during the elections? No single person has been prosecuted for this. In my opinion(i may be wrong), our failure to arrest, prosecute and punish the perpetrators of these bombings only gave the demons in the North power to believe they could do whatever they liked and get away with it. And Buhari's loss at the elections only gave then an opportunity to carry out the barbaric act. I think we should stop making excuses for our public servants. My president (and therefore my chief security officer) is Goodluck, not Buhari. It's him I will hold responsible for my safety.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kokogee: 11:50pm On May 07, 2011
Bensonite:

Tell me what is the sense in the aboved bolded. Do want to argue that Buhari never said he was not going to contest the result. If on the day of the election knowing fully well he was going to lose badly made a slight u-turn to speak on behave of the party that they may go to court if they so wish. You mean you do not know CPC= BUHARI and can not be separated.
Think before posting a counter!

I don't know if u cannot read properly, but if u go back to my comment, I said Bhari said he would not go to court personally but he would not stop the party from going to court. The party is an organisation (a legal entity) while Buhari is a person. Both may go to court, which would mean two ppl joining in he suit.

If u think CPC =Buhari, u need to back to school bcs legally CPC is an entity different from Buhari. An example is the case of the sacked MDs(perceived by many to be the same as the banks) of some banks; ordinary ppl that think like u would say Ibru=Oceanic. USE UR HEAD AND THINK.

And what is the big deal if a result is challenged in the court? Is it against the Nigeria constitution to challenge election results in court.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by fawazbruce: 11:52pm On May 07, 2011
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Bensonite: 12:04am On May 08, 2011
kokogee:

I don't know if u cannot read properly, but if u go back to my comment, I said Bhari said he would not go to court personally but he would not stop the party from going to court. The party is an organisation (a legal entity) while Buhari is a person. Both may go to court, which would mean two ppl joining in he suit.

If u think CPC =Buhari, u need to back to school bcs legally CPC is an entity different from Buhari. An example is the case of the sacked MDs(perceived by many to be the same as the banks) of some banks; ordinary ppl that think like u would say Ibru=Oceanic. USE your HEAD AND THINK.

And what is the big deal if a result is challenged in the court? Is it against the Nigeria constitution to challenge election results in court.

You are the greatest fool on earth since you cannot read properly. On my post I stated the issue of party contesting the result was made on the day of the election when he knew the tide was against him. Big fool you are for your analogy of Ibru=Oceanic as their is no link with the subject matter. CPC will die a natural death after they lose in the court. Those few who won on that platform will need to get to other party as CPC=VIOLENCE.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Nsiman(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2011
What do buhari need? Any way let him continue to bring out cash from the $2.8b missing oil money
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kokogee: 12:18am On May 08, 2011
mcgboye:

Having followed nairaland's politics closely for 2 months, i've come to d conclusion that the moderators of the section are directly to blame for d abuse that goes on here. Look @ the topic for example, "Buhari's CPC sues Jega, INEC". Why didnt the thread owner just say CPC. It is very inciting! And for all the members of the forum who always blame Buhari for everyone of Nigeria's problem, read the opening post very well. Clearly, it was the party (and not Buhari!) that is suing!
And i'm stil suprised that our govt has successfully convinced (or is it confused) us into believing it was Buhari who caused the post-elections riots in the North. Really? When did buhari become our security officer? Was he the one that caused the myriad of unsolved bombings in the country before n during the elections? No single person has been prosecuted for this. In my opinion(i may be wrong), our failure to arrest, prosecute and punish the perpetrators of these bombings only gave the demons in the North power to believe they could do whatever they liked and get away with it. And Buhari's loss at the elections only gave then an opportunity to carry out the barbaric act. I think we should stop making excuses for our public servants. My president (and therefore my chief security officer) is Goodluck, not Buhari. It's him I will hold responsible for my safety.  

mcgboye, it is a serious issue that gov have successfully used poverty to brain wash ppl such that they cannot think right. If not, ppl not to necessarily join the moderator/poster in their stup.idity or may be bias and nonobjective frame of the topic.

The constitution of Nigeria states the responsibility of gov in terms of security as follow:
Chapter II, 14(2b):  the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary purpose of
                             government

With the above, it is GEJ who is responsible for any violation of lives and properties during the post presidential election violence that broke out.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kawkab: 12:23am On May 08, 2011
1.   Every single registered voter in Buhari's ward voters. 100% voters turn out was recorded.  Between the voters registration and voting day, nobody fell sick, traveled and did not vote.  And they all voted for CPC.
2.   So everybody in Buhari's ward voted for CPC, how come he is complaining that there was about 99% turn out in Bayelsa State.  Does he expect them to leaqve their son and vote for him.  That is why Babangida Aliyu, the Governor of Niger State, cautioned Buhari not to think that his village is Nigeria.  So he thinks if everybody voted for him in his village, then they should also vote for him elsewhere.
3.   Buhari should also realise that CPC is even beginning to fade away in the north.  His supporters made attempts to kill and destroy the property of those that are perceived not to be in support of Buhari and this turned out to affect the level of support they received during the governorship election.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by jmaine: 12:34am On May 08, 2011
kokogee:

If u think CPC =Buhari, u need to back to school bcs legally CPC is an entity different from Buhari. An example is the case of the sacked MDs(perceived by many to be the same as the banks) of some banks; ordinary ppl that think like u would say Ibru=Oceanic. USE your HEAD AND THINK.

You were absolutely correct when you said the CPC as a registered organization is a legal entity seperate from Buhari that can sue and be sued and also the fact that Buhari has the constitutional right to contest the elections in the court of law if not satisfied. Fine, point noted . . . but we should not dispute the fact that the CPC is going to court to fight in favour of Buhari perceived stolen mandate and the CPC is representing Buhari in the court of law. so can't we conveniently say that Buhari reneged on his earlier promise not to contest his mandate if he loses.  Well he is free to go to the tribunal if he feels aggrieved by the results while we will all wish him GOODLUCK in his quest  grin grin
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kokogee: 12:35am On May 08, 2011
Bensonite:

You are the greatest fool on earth since you cannot read properly. On my post I stated the issue of party contesting the result was made on the day of the election when he knew the tide was against him. Big fool you are for your analogy of Ibru=Oceanic as their is no link with the subject matter. CPC will die a natural death after they lose in the court. Those few who won on that platform will need to get to other party as CPC=VIOLENCE.

The truth is that what u have in your skull is a goat brain; that is why u'd think this shallow and display your stupidi.ty publicly and equate a party to whatever u like. Clearly, this is the aftermath of our education system. But I think you can still improve urself, afterall there are well known ppl like Bill gate who dropped out of University but did educated themselves. Mr Sill.y, as long as u rely only on the education u got from Nigeria sch with no effort to improve urself, you would continue to think like goat/chicken; ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN.

If your brain is dead, what I mean by the bolded is that the fact that sm1 is the founder/chairman of a formal orgn does not equate the person the orgn; they are two diff entities.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by kokogee: 12:52am On May 08, 2011
jmaine:

You were absolutely correct when you said the CPC as a registered organization is a legal entity seperate from Buhari that can sue and be sued and also the fact that Buhari has the constitutional right to contest the elections in the court of law if not satisfied. Fine, point noted . . . but we should not dispute the fact that the CPC is going to court to fight in favour of Buhari perceived stolen mandate and the CPC is representing Buhari in the court of law. so can't we conveniently say that Buhari reneged on his earlier decision not to contest his mandate if he loses.  Well he is free to go to the tribunal if he feels aggrieved by the results while we will all wish him GOODLUCK in his quest  grin grin

Thank you for ur ability to know that orgn is separate from individual.

Let me say here in addition that for every orgn established, there are goals and objectives(as long as the goals are not illegal) which it strives toward achieving. The purpose of establishing CPC is to present candidates for the purpose of contesting elections under a free and fair atmosphere devoid of malpractices and foul play. However, if the paarty feels they have been shortchanged during the elections, who else would they be contesting results on behalf if not their candidate(s).

Whatever the outcome is would be accepted willy-nilly like b4, and history would be made again.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Abagworo(m): 1:07am On May 08, 2011
Every sane person knows that the elections were rigged.I am happy that Imo people were able to defend their votes.Now f*ck all y'all.

The turnout in SS was 30%.That I am very certain of.

Quote from: jmaine on Yesterday at 01:03:37 PM
Opposition wins , they claim it is victory for democracy. Opposition loses , they claim it was rigged . . The Nigerian politicking story so far

I have never seen people celebrate in any State won by PDP apart from Enugu.Look at the joy and parties all over Imo tonight.That tells you more than imagination that Nigerians desire change.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by jmaine: 2:09am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

I have never seen people celebrate in any State won by PDP apart from Enugu.Look at the joy and parties all over Imo tonight.That tells you more than imagination that Nigerians desire change.

People will celebrate in Imo cause the change they so much desired came to pass by the same credible election people often chastised cos of a few hiccups here and there . . In Enugu State, people will also celebrate cos it was a battle between a performing Gov Chime and the political machinery of his former Godfather Chimaroke Nnamani . .so his victory was more like a victory for the freedom of Enugu from the clutches of Nnamani violent and corrupt antecedents . . .All incumbent performing Governors who won whether PDP or any other party never had  any fanfare cos the people ensured their re-election and saw no big deal in it . .Fashola re-election in Lagos never sparked any fanfare cos we wanted him back and voted for him without blinking, what about amaechi of Rivers State . .Fanfare celebration were synonymous in states where electioneering heated the polity and the people clamored for a change desperately. You can imagine the celebration they will have for defeating a Goliath in the mold of the PDP . . . 

The bane of Nigeria politics is that, no politician want's to lose an election. .they will only accept a result if it goes their way and anything short of that is called rigging . .we need to expunge that attitude in our democratic journey if we  are to make progress as a nation . . .
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by ahidjo: 3:56am On May 08, 2011
Odunnu:

You are the true definition of 'HATER'.
Where do you get your info and statistics from? So, you expected GEJ to take a trip round the world as  a re elected president or you wanted him to die on the job because he's re-elected? Na wa to you o!

No I am not a hater. I also fought for Goodluck to be enthroned during the Yaradua debacle. This was purely based on principles and not sentiments and emotions ruling Nigerians today. As for the statistics, I will give it to you: In Nigeria, a plate of food costs about N250 in a country where the minimum wage is N7500 (N18000 is not yet implemented). What this means is that the minimum wage can only pay for 30 meals that is for 10 days worth of meal without spending on anything else. Now tell me any other serious country where such is obtainable( I am waiting) I will eventually prove to you scientifically and statistically that my statement is true and not based on emotion and sentiment. Now we just heard that a bag of cement sells for about N2000. How do you expect a Nigerian worker to build a house (which is one of the basic needs of life) with these unreasonable costs. If that is the type of country all of you want, GOODLUCK to you and your teeeming friends. I wait for you to counter my argumement with facts not emotions and sentiments
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by doublekay: 4:28am On May 08, 2011
better, its now left for the court to decide
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by mcgboye(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2011
I woke up to discover the moderators have succumbed to common sense and removed this thread from the home page. The next thing is to start praying that President Goodluck will bring to justice all people involved in the barbaric acts against the Nigerian people, and stop being a weakling. That's the way some people see him, and he needs to show us he is in charge. That way, everyone will be careful before even slapping his fellow countryman.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by baslone: 11:45am On May 08, 2011
Abagworo:

Every sane person knows that the elections were rigged.I am happy that Imo people were able to defend their votes.Now bleep all y'all.

The turnout in SS was 30%.That I am very certain of.

Igbo’s so love GEJ that “1.38” million voted for him & 630,000 (APGA 336k,PDP290k) voted in Gubernatorial election. Breathe of AIR!.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by Sarahluv(f): 1:11pm On May 08, 2011
What continues to amaze me is that CPC would have us believe that the elections were rigged in the SS and SE, even when their party representatives on ground say it was free and fair. No one in the SE and SS has come out to say the popular vote was stolen. These are areas that PDP owns almost 90% of all electoral positions. CPC is surely delusional.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by mcgboye(m): 1:56pm On May 08, 2011
I think we need to understand CPC's "rigging" claim. While I still think GEJ would have won anyway, esp the 2/3 requirements. However, their claim is based on the (actual voters)/(registered voters) ratio. Let me put it in perspective: in Lagos, we had 6.3mil voters. Out of this, slightly less than 2mil people voted. That's like 32%, which is about the same as the figure for the guber elections. Their (CPC) claim is dat the voter turn out ratio in SE/SS is abt 80% or more, despite the reported low turn out as seen in the news. If this is true, then maybe they have a locus standi. However, they are entitled to contest the results in the court of competent jurisdiction. We should not pillory them for taking this option. Meanwhile, I suggest we call on GEJ and his team to give us all they promised during the campaign, and much more. This include protection of lives and properties and not blaming others for formenting problem. We will no longer be swayed by the pitiable story of "growing up without shoes" and the likes. This is business. The PDP escaped the wrath of Nigerians by presenting GEJ and parading him as an example of a "fresh air" we've been waiting for. Next time, they might (WILL) not be as lucky.
Re: Buhari’s CPC Sues Jega, INEC by baslone: 2:02pm On May 08, 2011
mcgboye:

Meanwhile, I suggest we call on GEJ and his team to give us all they promised during the campaign, and much more. This include protection of lives and properties and not blaming others for formenting problem. We will no longer be swayed by the pitiable story of "growing up without shoes" and the likes.

The only thing we promised you was FRESH AIR, relax you'll get it!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Anyone Benefited From The Youwin Scheme ? / Ogun Guber Results So Far Released By Inec / Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.