Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

"Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" (23463 Views)

I'll Like To Change My Tribe To Yoruba- Veteran Actor, Larry Koldsweat / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / Translate To Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Ngodigha: 9:20pm On May 12, 2011
beejaei:

Some people no get job. OP is an ediot.
Beejaei or whatever idiotic name you cover yourself here with, the OP is not an eediot. Probably you are. What is wrong in highlighting the fact that Igbo is the correct usage?.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by beejaei: 9:29pm On May 12, 2011
E no go berra for you. What difference does it make? Whether it is ibo or igbo, that will not stop you guys from being the number one in 419, kidnapping, and armed robbery in the whole of nigeria. Who cares about the ibo? What have you guys achieved or contributed to Nigeria? Ediot like you.

IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Ngodigha: 9:52pm On May 12, 2011
beejaei:

E no go berra for you. What difference does it make? Whether it is ibo or igbo, that will not stop you guys from being the number one in 419, kidnapping, and armed robbery in the whole of nigeria. Who cares about the ibo? What have you guys achieved or contributed to Nigeria? Ediot like you.

IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO IBO
Brain-dead pig, why not think about your worthless and jobless life instead of coming here to chat bollocks. Shameless pig, get a life as you are a complete waste of space, castrated pig.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by beejaei: 10:27pm On May 12, 2011
Brain-dead pig, why not think about your worthless and jobless life instead of coming here to chat bollocks. Shameless pig, get a life as you are a complete waste of space, castrated pig.

Omo mehn, guy you are so angry ooh. Wetin happen? No phucks? Agro dey catch you? When last you phock? You just dey download you sexual frustration anyhow. Take am easy ooh. And if you no get any vagi.na in a week, get your brother's an.us to release you frustration.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Ngodigha: 10:39pm On May 12, 2011
beejaei:

Omo mehn, guy you are so angry ooh. Wetin happen? No phucks? Agro dey catch you? When last you phock? You just dey download you sexual frustration anyhow. Take am easy ooh. And if you no get any vagi.na in a week, get your brother's an.us to release you frustration.
Shut up upur smelly mouth white-washed pig, What else do I need when I do service your mother and and your sister on regular basis. It's a pity you do not know that yet. Stinking pig.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by beejaei: 11:20pm On May 12, 2011
I am an orphan and an only child. Do you like phocking ghosts and dead people? Mehn, guy you get problem ooh.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Ngodigha: 11:53pm On May 12, 2011
beejaei:

I am an orphan and an only child. Do you like phocking ghosts and dead people? Mehn, guy you get problem ooh.
Monkey shiit-eater, I think I now know whom you are. Your mum was my second-hand babe those good old days. Just shut up your mouth from Igbo topics if you have not important to contribute. Mokey-shiit-raper.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by beejaei: 1:20am On May 13, 2011
What are ibo topics? My mum died 60 years ago? So are you a ped.ophile since you allegedly phocked her?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:10am On May 13, 2011
For real,  all and i mean ALL my Ibo friends call themselves ibo  even the older ones, I ve worked with them and my best friend is Ibo and she is very blunt like she tells you how it is, i know she would have corrected me or even herself for over 6yrs we ve been hanging out. I do not not see why you make this such a big deal and really we yorubas care less how you call us cos its common sense, dont you think?

As per for your romantic getaway with your wifee, i think you should enjoy enjoy it.  wink

Toodles
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 10:17am On May 13, 2011
Ngodigha, I think you hardly read and associate. I am not surprised as you have claimed that you live all your life in the Eastern Nigeria. The fact of Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo doesn't make your tribe what you are not. Better open eyes to the reality of this age. I bet you have something of knowledge to share. That I feel the reason you don't make any meaningful contribution to every thread I met you. Go seek for knowledge man! Don't assume what you don't represent, courtesy of inferiority complex. Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba agree to be called whatever which doesn't erase the fact that Nation Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba remains pacesetter for the rest of Nigeria, including Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo tribe. Or are you jealousy? You shouldn't be as my Nation Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba grandeur in all facets of life was not an accident of sorts. May be you haven't read about the Oyo Empire, Ife Kingdom and Benin Empire. I have read about every tribes in Nigeria, I mean every tribes and all great empires of old. Cultivate reading culture, I am not talking about reading novels, exams prep for your college(s) and its like alone. I am talking about real great books inclusive. Argument is good if it's on the fabric of knowledge acquisition and affirmation. I tried not to reference it as it is not an authority, but I will do in your case as the non-broad route to start knowledge acquisition. Kindly take a jot-and-titter from Wikipedia online and research about the name Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo. Safe journey as you take the road to liberation, the worthy journey to read the minds and ideas of great men of old and the present generations, the great BOOK WORLD. Journey mercy.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

Ngodigha, I think you hardly read and associate. I am not surprised as you have claimed that you live all your life in the Eastern Nigeria. The fact of Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo doesn't make your tribe what you are not. Better open eyes to the reality of this age. I bet you have something of knowledge to share. That I feel the reason you don't make any meaningful contribution to every thread I met you. Go seek for knowledge man! Don't assume what you don't represent, courtesy of inferiority complex. Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba agree to be called whatever which doesn't erase the fact that Nation Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba remains pacesetter for the rest of Nigeria, including Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo tribe. Or are you jealousy? You shouldn't be as my Nation Yooroba/Yoruba/Yorowba grandeur in all facets of life was not an accident of sorts. May be you haven't read about the Oyo Empire, Ife Kingdom and Benin Empire. I have read about every tribes in Nigeria, I mean every tribes and all great empires of old. Cultivate reading culture, I am not talking about reading novels, exams prep for your college(s) and its like alone. I am talking about real great books inclusive. Argument is good if it's on the fabric of knowledge acquisition and affirmation. I tried not to reference it as it is not an authority, but I will do in your case as the non-broad route to start knowledge acquisition. Kindly take a jot-and-titter from Wikipedia online and research about the name Ibo/Igbo/Heebo/Igbo/Eebo. Safe journey as you take the road to liberation, the worthy journey to read the minds and ideas of great men of old and the present generations, the great BOOK WORLD. Journey mercy.

Pacesetters? lol.

But where are you today? Not less than 50 years, and you are in the background. Yet, you are happy. Ode.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 5:06pm On May 13, 2011
Background you called that? We are set again to take Nigeria out of the political strangulation experienced in recent time. I thank you for not denying the ascertion I made about my nation-Yorooba/Yoruba/Yorowba.That you have asked where we are today? Well, this is where we stand today. As a titbit, the President GEJ said during the campaign that my people are sophisticated and that over 50% of Nigeria Economy is in Lagos. My friend, over 50%. Kindly ask economist what this mean.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

Background you called that? We are set again to take Nigeria out of the political strangulation experienced in recent time. I thank you for not denying the ascertion I made about my nation-Yorooba/Yoruba/Yorowba.That you have asked where we are today? Well, this is where we stand today. As a titbit, the President GEJ said during the campaign that my people are sophisticated and that over 50% of Nigeria Economy is in Lagos. My friend, over 50%. Kindly ask economist what this mean.

That was a hype to get your votes. There's nothing sophisticated about the politics of the SW.

About 50% of Nigeria's industries in Lagos? Are the yorubas the owners of the industries? Are Dangote, Ibeto, Mallam Isiaka Rabiu yorubas? There are the men who own fleets of industries all over the country.

Many industries are beginning to lose their yoruba stranglehood which their used tribalism to impose on themselves (a.k.a through the scheming of Awo) to the extent that you cant get a job if you are not yoruba. But it was only a matter of time and your inherent incompetence came to the fore. Now you are gradually being kicked out.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 5:47pm On May 13, 2011
Let me make you understand a fact. Do you think America money was what build Manhatan, the world economic capital. It was building majorly by finance from Asia, Middle-East and Europe. What did these people see in America. They saw intelligent work force, intellectual population, objectivity of the people, industrious and hardworking populace. These was what you saw in West that made you to move to Lagos and south-west in troop. Where were you when western region build the first skyscraper in tropical africa. What you don't know that generation of south west today are more sophisticated than their fathers. Glad our forefathers prayer is answered-may our children achieve all we could not. Many Awos are not in the making, they are made already. Military incursion and political instability in Nigeria has been the cog in our progress wheel. We are set to lead you again, again we shall lead.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

Let me make you understand a fact. Do you think America money was what build Manhatan, the world economic capital. It was building majorly by finance from Asia, Middle-East and Europe. What did these people see in America. They saw intelligent work force, intellectual population, objectivity of the people, industrious and hardworking populace. These was what you saw in West that made you to move to Lagos and south-west in troop. Where were you when western region build the first skyscraper in tropical africa. What you don't know that generation of south west today are more sophisticated than their fathers. Glad our forefathers prayer is answered-may our children achieve all we could not. Many Awos are not in the making, they are made already. Military incursion and political instability in Nigeria has been the cog in our progress wheel. We are set to lead you again, again we shall lead.

The comment in bold is a fat lie. The yorubas are nowhere near the people in America you described. In fact, yorubas are the most indolent people I come across in my life.

People came over from all parts of the country to Lagos, not because of yoruba people, but because Lagos was then the federal capital territory, the industries were centrally located there, and the civil service parastatals were also based there. So many civil servants and entrepreneurs came over due to federal presence.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 6:24pm On May 13, 2011
Does this not tell you the contrary why Abuja is usually deserted during public Holiday and festivities. Over 50% of Nigeria wealth goes to Abuja, yet people troop in and out. Compare these with New York and Chicago. Mumbai and New Delhi, and many world capitals that change hands. In economics, the most attracting factors to industries are nearness to natural resources and intellectual capital. We in south west meet this definition and equally surpasses this. And the case of Ibadan what made people troop there? Mind you the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria was established in 1914, Lagos was declared its capital. Then Ibadan had the skyscraper before Lagos, TV station before Lagos, Stadium before Lagos, University before Lagos etc. Under western region. Kindly wakeup and make meaningful yardstick to measure your points.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 6:29pm On May 13, 2011
Again, thanks for using the world indolent to define Yoruba\Yorooba\Yorowba. Indeed you are right, we are indolent to crime, 419, ritual killings, kidnapping, militancy and its likes. But some tribes are indolent to this in Nigeria. Thanks for this plus, so you are coming to terms.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

Does this not tell you the contrary why Abuja is usually deserted during public Holiday and festivities. Over 50% of Nigeria wealth goes to Abuja, yet people troop in and out. Compare these with New York and Chicago. Mumbai and New Delhi, and many world capitals that change hands. In economics, the most attracting factors to industries are nearness to[b] natural resources[/] and intellectual capital. We in south west meet this definition and equally surpasses this. And the case of Ibadan what made people troop there? Mind you the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria was established in 1914, Lagos was declared its capital. Then Ibadan had the skyscraper before Lagos, TV station before Lagos, Stadium before Lagos, University before Lagos etc. Under western region. Kindly wakeup and make meaningful yardstick to measure your points.

Can you tell me what natural resources you are talking about?
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by lepasharon(f): 6:46pm On May 13, 2011
beejaei:

haha true stories! eyin omo Igbo need 2 calm down
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 6:52pm On May 13, 2011
May be you were thinking about crude oil. Before you make your argument, Oloibiri Oilfield was discovered on Sunday 15th January 1956 by Shell Darcy the first ever. So what resource(s) you thing that could be? To add to it, large percentage of Yorooba/Yorowba/Yorowba is not concern about Nigeria Oil, that is the reason we are not concern about mainstream politics of "Chop-I-Chop". Our concern is regional development with our resources and by our people, as you can see in our usual culture and voting patern demonstrated in just concluded election.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

Again, thanks for using the world indolent to define Yoruba\Yorooba\Yorowba. Indeed you are right, we are indolent to crime, 419, ritual killings, kidnapping, militancy and its likes. But some tribes are indolent to this in Nigeria. Thanks for this plus, so you are coming to terms.

You are indolent to the bolded as in this cases?

Lagos, Ogun tops in ritual killings
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-342907.0.html

Osun monarch despoils female corper
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-639949.0.html

Oyo, Ogun leads in armed robbery
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-291767.0.html
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 13, 2011
fadhill:

May be you were thinking about crude oil. Before you make your argument, Oloibiri Oilfield was discovered on Sunday 15th January 1956 by Shell Darcy the first ever. So what resource(s) you thing that could be? To add to it, large percentage of Yorooba/Yorowba/Yorowba is not concern about Nigeria Oil, that is the reason we are not concern about mainstream politics of "Chop-I-Chop". Our concern is regional development with our resources and by our people, as you can see in our usual culture and voting patern demonstrated in just concluded election.

There was nothing you had back then that the others didn't have. The north had groundnut, while the east had oil palm.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 7:34pm On May 13, 2011
You see yourself. You sound so funny and quiet appalling you are at an arm length to intellectual drill. I search through and found no reference to the ritual killing and robbery cited. Mind you if true, I believe the newspaper does not indicate the people that are in this dastardly act. Bet friend, huge percentage of the people carrying out this robbery are your people. Let me give you this instance, when my company sent me for a training outside Nigeria. I swear with this story that is nothing but the truth. Some Ibo/Igbo/Igbo/Eebo/Heebo guys were found committing ciber-crime, phone jacking and all sorts. Tens of them are in jail while some were sent to other world already. The city inhabitant were so much concerned about Nigerians that they did not want to give them apartment for rent. So this is the point, the crime rate in this city shoot above others as a result of this criminals from Nigeria. The guy that was executed in Singapore , which rented the news across the globe then. You should remember, he was Ibo/Igbo/Igbo/Eebo/Heebo remember. This tell you that Ibo/Igbo/Igbo/Eebo/Heebo are people behind this heinous crime, all in the name of economic migration to western Nigeria. Indeed appalling.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 7:44pm On May 13, 2011
Sorry we had what others did not have. Try recal, if all these natural resources is what made a nation. Where will Belgium, UK, America, Singapore etc. will be today. Ofcourse in the dustbin of history. But their intellectual prowess bury the mountain of challenges they had, they are torch to the world today. Before a physical development, there must be a formidable institution built by intellectualls. That is the reason oil has been a course to Nigeria Nation. Oil came to break what cocoa has built. Oh Oil kindly dry as did in Oloibiri and return Nigeria to cocoa dominant economy. Fews words enough for the wise.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 13, 2011
You make little sense. Seems like you are a troll. I'm done with you.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by fadhill: 9:32am On May 14, 2011
mbatuku2 , thanks for acknowledging that I make sense at least. All you have represented so far define what a TROLL is.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by kq(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2011
Chei and we wonder why Naija is going down see as fight and insult erupt over common say my IGBO brother they tell me about spelling that i didnt know. ANd when House of rep or senate member start to dey fight on top TV we go dey abuse dem no be topics like this dey start d fight. I can imagine pple on this thread in the house of assembly and someone brings up this topic, just imagine, what the house wud look like on that day. we are our own problem.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by hasonjack: 6:21pm On May 14, 2011
kq:

Chei and we wonder why Naija is going down see as fight and insult erupt over common say my IGBO brother they tell me about spelling that i didnt know. ANd when House of rep or senate member start to dey fight on top TV we go dey abuse dem no be topics like this dey start d fight. I can imagine pple on this thread in the house of assembly and someone brings up this topic, just imagine, what the house wud look like on that day. we are our own problem.

Exactly.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 12:22am On May 15, 2011
kq:

Dont mind them. They are claiming to know Igbo more than the Igbos.
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by Nobody: 12:24am On May 15, 2011

If Igbos cant stand on their own in their own land, how will they help anybody else? Politically, Igbos are not even worth it. Economically, they'll do anything for money. Wonder what Biafra will be with every Igbo try to sell each other their fake items. Fake drugs, fake car parts, fake electronics etc. They'll still do anything to cross into a Yorubaland for success. Is anyone stopping Igbos from leaving the North and SW?

Even in Lagos where Igbo population is supposedly high (contradicted by voting pop/registered pop), Igbos have no say. Even in Abuja where their popl is big, they're still worthless. They cant leave Lagos even if they want to because that's where it is. Numbers with no influence, worthless.

shocked
Re: "Igbo" is to "Yoruba". "Ibo" is to "Yorooba" by airmark(m): 2:29am On May 15, 2011
@ fadhil, you gave that ngodhiga intellectual knock-out. I just want to ask, when are we going to have an IBO President in this country?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Igbo Concept Of Satan(Ekwensu) And Chukwu (God) / Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? / 15 Weird Laws Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.