Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed (6892 Views)

Buhari: Bandits Shouldn’t Think They Can’t Be Crushed / Why It Is A Racist LIE That No Black Nations Are Developed. / Hilarious : When APC Members See Atiku In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Tell us the difference, is it in poverty, in crime.

What do you term as development?

There are far more millions of Northerners living in poverty than the South. There are far more industry in the South than we have in the North.

There are far more dangerous terrorists groups in the North than we have in the south etc

When I was living in ijebu lands, nah Hausas dey work on farms for indigenes. Dem dey com use trailers pack them, carry them go farm.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
To know that south is truly ahead of you north, I dare you parasitic north to support fiscal federalism. Let each state develop at her pace without any interference from the center and watch what would happen. Even with this current lopsided structure of Nigeria, South is thousands of miles ahead of North.

What prompted you to disgrace your region openly? You can't even survive a townhall debate with South. Free oil money has beclouded your sense of purpose. Let the free oil stops coming and let's see if you gonna survive the heat. Hadn't been we're using our brains properly, you won't have a Nairaland to spew this trash.

You've gotten the attention you want, now swerve one side.

Nigeria was practicing a regional form of government where every region had to get developed using their resources, guess what Agriculture was the main revenue of the government and the bulk of it was coming from the north.

If you check government data today, after oil, agriculture is the second source of government revenue, the idea that north will suffer because of lack of oil money is false.

Large quantities of oil is located in the south south, that also means that region like the south west and south east will suffer, if south south have to keep their oil money

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by HellAnus: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
I have never in my life seen a southern mai ruwa, I have never in my life seen a southern shoe maker, I have never in my life seen a southern mai shayi. All of them re from the parasitic north

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by donbachi(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
Op, come to Europe/US and UK..and see how far southerners are doing.ur brothers in power are the ones killing their ideas with bad policies.come and see for ur self.

Philip omegwali
Okonjo iweala
Akinwumi Adesina
Stan eke
Nnamdi Ezeigbo

Make i just end am here.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by heniford2: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most of you will never get it.

Using yahoo yahoo as the yardstick of internet literacy in the south is another reason why your skylines will never be achieved.

Universities is a center of learning not a center of doing yahoo yahoo and prostitution, this menace has already infected all southern universities even the private ones and it will be the downfall of southern education systems and economic, that is because the youths who are supposed to control southern economics, were busy doing yahoo yahoo in their universities days thus making them lack the skills to build a career in the southern economy.

You all criticize the north of reducing test scores, yes this is basically in the north, that is to fast track education and make Northerners not left behind, many Northerners are catching up, thanks to lot of state scholarship schemes that will help them finish their education and get ready for a career in the northern civil services
you talk of scholarship like the Southern state don't have it is like saying Nigeria is catching up to America and soon American will be backward and Nigeria will be more developed than America undecided does it make sense

3 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
There are far more millions of Northerners living in poverty than the South. There are far more industry in the South than we have in the North.

There are far more dangerous terrorists groups in the North than we have in the south etc

When I was living in ijebu lands, nah Hausas dey work on farms for indigenes. Dem dey com use trailers pack them, carry them go farm.

We are argueing that, there is poverty in the north and also in the south.

Before boko haram, you hardly see Northerners in the south. The future is more important.

My point is simple, where is the southern development, the farm you are talking about are still using hole and cutlass even though, you all brag that the south is developed.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by gentiles(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
To know that south is truly ahead of you north, I dare you parasitic north to support fiscal federalism. Let each state develop at her pace without any interference from the center and watch what would happen. Even with this current lopsided structure of Nigeria, South is thousands of miles ahead of North.

What prompted you to disgrace your region openly? You can't even survive a townhall debate with South. Free oil money has beclouded your sense of purpose. Let the free oil stops coming and let's see if you gonna survive the heat. Hadn't been we're using our brains properly, you won't have a Nairaland to spew this trash.

You've gotten the attention you want, now swerve one side.
Are u not a Yoruba? Please what is developed about Osun, Ekiti and Oyo state? Can you compare those states with Kaduna, kano etc. People dey talk, brown roofians dey open mouth. Smh!
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by meccuno: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
It is hilarious when people in the south think they are developed grin or maybe they have changed the meaning of development, some of them even have the delusion that the north is the one holding them down. Like how

Maybe according to southerners, development means having lot of degrees, because i am still trying to see what these degrees have been translated to, like did it translate to higher standard of living in the South or high tech manufacturing or organized systems of doing things.

Isn't it funny that the south claim they are developed yet, they amount to one of the highest number of people using the northern borders to travel to libya en route spain or using our international airport to canada, how can you claim you are developed yet run away from your "developed" cities and " sophisticated way of life" to another country.

I am still trying to see what is developed in the south. Still checking.

Know this thing, it takes 20 years to train a generation, the north have learnt their lesson and have started focusing on education, In 20 years, the north will leave the south behind, do you know the amount of local and international scholarships northern state governments are giving to their students, while universities in the south are busy graduating yahoo boys with degrees, Northerners are sending students abroad to learn engineering, agriculture and other sciences which will be useful for northern development in the future, south universities are infested with yahoo boys and runs girls, even the southern politicans are not concerned.

Goodluck to Southern development but i am still looking for the so called southern development.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
heniford2:
you talk of scholarship like the Southern state don't have it is like saying Nigeria is catching up to America and soon American will be backward and Nigeria will be more developed than America undecided does it make sense

Mention the scholarship schemes in the south organized by state governments.

In the north, weac and jamb fees are paid for by state governments.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
donbachi:
Op, come to Europe/US and UK..and see how far southerners are doing.ur brothers in power are the ones killing their ideas with bad policies.come and see for ur self.

Philip omegwali
Okonjo iweala
Akinwumi Adesina
Stan eke
Nnamdi Ezeigbo

Make i just end am here.

We must always come abroad to see what your people are doing.

You have your land in the south, why cant you replicate those success there.

Or is it buhari stopping the state and local government from working??

4 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Gbagura: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nigeria was practicing a regional form of government where every region had to get developed using their resources, guess what Agriculture was the main revenue of the government and the bulk of it was coming from the north.

If you check government data today, after oil, agriculture is the second source of government revenue, the idea that north will suffer because of lack of oil money is false.

Large quantities of oil is located in the south south, that also means that region like the south west and south east will suffer, if south south have to keep their oil money
Guy why not support restructuring and leave the rest to us. Who ask for your opinion about how we develop? Why segregating South along ethnic boundaries but trying to unify your north as one? Benue, Kwara and Kogi don't have anything similar with the rest of you core north.

If you're in your right frame of mind and you've got something on the south, I dare you to lead the campaign against a restructured Nigeria. Let's see who's truly backward between us. Anything besides that is a mere rant from you to seek attention. What gave you the courage to start this comparison? North and South? Seriously?

Are you being serious here? Why was quota system introduced if not to give undue leverage with South or you think we don't know. Why has the north been going against a restructuring process to allow each region develop at her own free will? You're not serious, boy.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Sammy07: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I know, one of the tactics of those people who want to make the thread irrelevant is to turn it to an abuse match where they post people eating grasses or a cow peeing on a man head....they will be ignored, their plan is to take away attention from the topoc of discussion, only relevant comments will be replied to.

Can we have a debate on development between North and South?

4 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by heniford2: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

use your google the are free open scholarship even without state government free so what are you saying and mind you the southern states individual has more purchasing power to train there kids to any level
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Gbagura: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

We don't need scholarships. An average southerner loves education and know it's importance. Scholarships in the north is to persuade your youths to go to school. Nobody has to beg you to go to school in the south cos we already know its usefulness.

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Conrod: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nothing shows that.

Northern government are already finding for solutions to boko haram problems.

As at present, both the south and north are backward, you can say that in a region where they only think about sagging, doing yahoo yahoo, killing ,runs, using women for Rituals, eating faeces to make money, cultistism is progress.

It seems you dont observe your environment alot, if the majority of people in your surroundings whether in the universities and your home are all doing yahoo yahoo and runs, now what skills will they learn to build the skylines and other things you brag about.
Now,how do you respond to el rufai's comment that (1) 60% of real eastate in abuja and some northern states are owned by igbos and (2) that the north has all the charactaristics of a failed and unhealthy country like afganistan and somalia?

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sammy07:

Write your opinion down.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by temitope27(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Hia!
I feel your pain!
I like you as you give am lyk that
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

We are argueing that, there is poverty in the north and also in the south.

Before boko haram, you hardly see Northerners in the south. The future is more important.

My point is simple, where is the southern development, the farm you are talking about are still using hole and cutlass even though, you all brag that the south is developed.
I'm not talking of Kanuris o, or are you telling me Hausas all over Lagos state are from North Eastern states of Borno, Adamawa, Yola etc?

There are people involve in mechanised farming in the south too, though is not as much as those in some Northern states, and I give it to the North in terms of Agriculture.

Except from Agriculture, the North has nothing on the south. There is poverty in Southern Nigeria, just the way there are people living in poverty in the USA, UK etc. But the numbers of people living in poverty is far far above those in the South. I've been to some North West state, except for Kaduna and Kano, there is nothing in the rest.

The top 5 richest state in Nigeria are all from the south. In the top ten list, the North has only 2 states to that of the South 8.

If the North and South is to be an independent country today, Northern Nigeria will be ranked as one of the most poorest and destabilise country in the world. In just under a year, the Government might start begging for international help grin The North will be in the league of Niger, Chad, Somalia and Mali in Africa.

Go and make a little research why Northern and Southern protectorate were merge.

See guy, there is no competition in this at all, the South is far better than the North. Shey nah Entertainment we wan talk abi nah sport?

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by gentiles(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sammy07:

Yes, let us compare Osun, Oyo and Ekiti states with Northern states like Kaduna, Kano etc
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
This your writeup just proves that point. Southerners leave for other climes more developed so that they can achieve a higher ceilings. You mugs in the north, however, are contented to be doing shoe shiner and saying rankadede to those oppressing you, rather than going into the world to achieve. Although I don't blame you guys for not flocking overseas, as you all know you can't thrive anywhere govt quota system is not applicable. You now know why you hear of many great achievements by Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaw, Bini etc all over the planet. You hardly hear of any northerner achieving anything in life that doesn't have the FG written all over it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by HernanCortes: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
It is hilarious when people in the south think they are developed grin or maybe they have changed the meaning of development, some of them even have the delusion that the north is the one holding them down. Like how

Maybe according to southerners, development means having lot of degrees, because i am still trying to see what these degrees have been translated to, like did it translate to higher standard of living in the South or high tech manufacturing or organized systems of doing things.

Isn't it funny that the south claim they are developed yet, they amount to one of the highest number of people using the northern borders to travel to libya en route spain or using our international airport to canada, how can you claim you are developed yet run away from your "developed" cities and " sophisticated way of life" to another country.

I am still trying to see what is developed in the south. Still checking.

Know this thing, it takes 20 years to train a generation, the north have learnt their lesson and have started focusing on education, In 20 years, the north will leave the south behind, do you know the amount of local and international scholarships northern state governments are giving to their students, while universities in the south are busy graduating yahoo boys with degrees, Northerners are sending students abroad to learn engineering, agriculture and other sciences which will be useful for northern development in the future, south universities are infested with yahoo boys and runs girls, even the southern politicans are not concerned.

Goodluck to Southern development but i am still looking for the so called southern development.

Na wa o, only you thebosstrevor, boss of foolish posts & threads

This magnitude of stupidity inside only your brain, was it inherited or acquired?

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by gentiles(m): 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
We don't need scholarships. An average southerner loves education and know it's importance. Scholarships in the north is to persuade your youths to go to school. Nobody has to beg you to go to school in the south cos we already know its usefulness.
Let us debate about Osun, Oyo and Ekiti states. Are they more developed than the north?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
HellAnus:
OP, Have you eaten some grass today?

Lol! Epic burn.

1 Like

Gbagura:
Guy why not support restructuring and leave the rest to us. Who ask for your opinion about how we develop? Why segregating South along ethnic boundaries but trying to unify your north as one? Benue, Kwara and Kogi don't have anything similar with the rest of you core north.

If you're in your right frame of mind and you've got something on the south, I dare you to lead the campaign against a restructured Nigeria. Let's see who's truly backward between us. Anything besides that is a mere rant from you to seek attention. What gave you the courage to start this comparison? North and South? Seriously?

Are you being serious here? Why was quota system introduced if not to give undue leverage with South or you think we don't know. Why has the north been going against a restructuring process to allow each region develop at her own free will? You're not serious, boy.

Restructuring agenda started from a southern government, who even organized a comfam and didn't follow through, now you are blaming the north for not reconstructing the country.

The unifying language of the north is Hausa, the dominating culture is Hausa, most tribes in the north are minorities and cant compete with hausa because they are the majority.

In the south, it is a different game, there is no unifying language, each region speaks different languages and they are large with huge populations trying to dorminate each other.

As for your quota system accusations, the essence of quota system is to allow all region participate in government, if there was no quota system, many tribes wont be in government.

Because of quota system, for any employment, each states will be given quotas, so that nobody will feel left Behind. I believe you don't understand quota systems that is why you think it is a northern agenda.

1 Like

gentiles:

Are u not a Yoruba? Please what is developed about Osun, Ekiti and Oyo state? Can you compare those states with Kaduna, kano etc. People dey talk, brown roofians dey open mouth. Smh!
See this motherfucker... Is it not the same Kaduna dem dey kidnap hundreds of students at once? Please don't be stupid.

If you have been to Osun and Oyo, you will clear your daft ignorance.

I've been to Kano state, except from Kano city and about 4 LG in Kano, there is nothing in other parts of Kano state.

No state in the whole north is as industrialise as Ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by KGD10: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
gentiles:

Let us debate about Osun, Oyo and Ekiti states. Are they more developed than the north?

Yes they are! They're not drinking cow urine and eating grasses!
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
gentiles:
Yes, let us compare Osun, Oyo and Ekiti states with Northern states like Kaduna, Kano etc
You're a very stupid guy, you want us to compare just 3 states in the south west to 19 Northern states... Are you this daft aboki?

How's Kano and Kaduna more develop than Ibadan sef? Oyo GDP is better than that of Kano and Kaduna and there are far more people living in poverty in Kano and Kaduna combine than in Oyo state.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
Amaechi2023:
in the minds of some myopic southerners, having savage response is development.
that was how one lady was telling me that the easterners are industrious while the westerners have education.
I mean if they have this things which is what they term development, why are they not developed??
despite the level of education in the west, they are the highest debtors in terms of salary owed.
hiw is this development?
I honestly can't wait for this country to disintegrate so those people blaming everybody for their problems can keep blaming us while we soar
rubbish..

You guys can also start a seccession bid and divide Nigeria to test these theses. I know dem no born you guys reach that level. You guys are worse than Niger f**king Republic without the south.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
This your writeup just proves that point. Southerners leave for other climes more developed so that they can achieve a higher ceilings. You mugs in the north, however, are contented to be doing shoe shiner and saying rankadede to those oppressing you, rather than going into the world to achieve. Although I don't blame you guys for not flocking overseas, as you all know you can't thrive anywhere govt quota system is not applicable. You now know why you hear of many great achievements by Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaw, Bini etc all over the planet. You hardly hear of any northerner achieving anything in life that doesn't have the FG written all over it.

You make no point at all, do Americans immigrate to europe, or Europeans to American.

You dont leave a developed place to another developed place, you live from a less developed place to a developed place, southerners can't develop their land thus they leave to country to become all what you accuse the Northerners of in Nigeria.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Mcreloaded(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Northern youths are migrating to the south while Edo youths are traveling through northern borďers to libya to go do yahoo yahoo and prostitution.

What ever rocks your boat
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mcreloaded:

What ever rocks your boat
The guy no get talk grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Tell us the difference, is it in poverty, in crime.

What do you term as development?

He'll Rufai already said much on the differences. You can also google where majority of the negative indices in underdevelopment in Nigeria resides as per the UN report on Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was There Blackout In Your Area During Presidential Chat? / Biafra Will Never Be Member Of Any Islamic Body, But Will Accept Shiite – IPOB / Onyedikachukwu Anambra: APC South-East Wing And Their Penchant To Live A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.