Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed (6901 Views)

Buhari: Bandits Shouldn’t Think They Can’t Be Crushed / Why It Is A Racist LIE That No Black Nations Are Developed. / Hilarious : When APC Members See Atiku In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
Paystack, flutterwave, iroko tv, nairaland, kuda, etc are some of brainchild of the southerners. Those are just a tiny piece of what south has been building over the years. Mention just 3 of anything techy north has built with wider currency?

Ogun state is the most industrialized state in Nigeria with the highest number of higher institutions. Aba and onitsha markets dominate in the entire west Africa. Our ports and airports bring fortunes to the cesspit. Lagos is the entertainment capital of Africa. North IA darkness

Apart from Nairaland, those are owned by foreign people and foreign money.

I am still searching for the industrialized olaces in ogun state, ogun state is a village full of mud houses.

There is nothing like our port and airport, they were not bult by the state government but by the federal government, so all revenue goes to the federal government.

Ogun state has the highest number of universities producing yahoo boys and runs girls as graduates.

Keep bragging....with all these stuff you have mentioned, are tbe facilities there up to world standards
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by AfonjaConehead: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most of the people that claim are from the north in the south aren't from Nigeria, they are mostly niger, chad or from mali.

Most hausas in the south are your typical onion seller, bdc exchangers, tomatoes and vegetables sellers.

The point of argument isn't whether the north is more developed than the south, the point of argument is whether the south is developed.

We agree that we are not developed but is the south developed??

Can southern standard of living be comparable to other nations.

I wonder if you mallams ever read!
Do you know about Lagos state metro rail project in the 80s that would've eased transportation in Lagos?
Your Aso rock failure and dullapo cancelled it despite the fact that Lagos was gonna run it to a large extent with its own funds thru a German company. Buhari simply cancelled the project for no reason whatsoever, perhaps cos it's not in the north.
Imagine how the transport sector would've been in Lagos today if not for that evil fed govt decision.
Tinubu generated power when he was gov of Lagos state but guess what,same fed govt under OBJ seized it and poured it into the national grid cos the pro north zoo constitution kicks against such!
Tell us one federal structure that ain't in favour of the north more than the south!
10% derivation funds was earmarked for the oil host communities in the controversial PIB bill but your northern NASS members wanna reduce it to 3%!!!!
The NNPC PPPRA PPMC PTDF NIMASA DPR NPA are all headed by northerners!!!!!! There are many more of this and yet you come here asking stupid questions!!!!!

I don't blame you,I blame the betrayers amongs us south that keep empowering your retrogressive elements.

It's a clear fact,the north is a huge burden to the south.

Lzaa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
Those military govt were southerners? Don't engage me again ok

You want to twist the news, Obasanjo is the only southern military head of state.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2021
tamdun:

So u don't care about the iq of the people u admit to your sch? U just dey mock ya self with dis statement

What has the iq done for the south.

So you mean people who do rituals, kill women ti make money, eat feaces, steal pants for rituals, have a high iq

Note many of these people who do these things are students of southern universities
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by unbitchable(m): 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
gentiles:

Yes, North is backward, but south west apart from lagos and Ondo states are far more backward than the north. Without oyel money, Osun and Oyo states will starve to death. Truth is bitter. FYI, I am yoruba
Oyo will starve to death?. you daft kid.
Oyo generates more IGR than Kano.
Oyo will naturally develop on its own without FG choke on it.
Osun also the potential to develop with abundance of gold reserves it has.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

I wonder if you mallams ever read!
Do you know about Lagos state metro rail project in the 80s that would've eased transportation in Lagos?
Your Aso rock failure and dullapo cancelled it despite the fact that Lagos was gonna run it to a large extent with its own funds thru a German company. Buhari simply cancelled the project for no reason whatsoever, perhaps cos it's not in the north.
Imagine how the transport sector would've been in Lagos today if not for that evil fed govt decision.
Tinubu generated power when he was gov of Lagos state but guess what,same fed govt under OBJ seized it and poured it into the national grid cos the pro north zoo constitution kicks against such!
Tell us one federal structure that ain't in favour of the north more than the south!
10% derivation funds was earmarked for the oil host communities in the controversial PIB bill but your northern NASS members wanna reduce it to 3%!!!!
The NNPC PPPRA PPMC PTDF NIMASA DPR NPA are all headed by northerners!!!!!! There are many more of this and yet you come here asking stupid questions!!!!!

I don't blame you,I blame the betrayers amongs us south that keep empowering your retrogressive elements.

It's a clear fact,the north is a huge burden to the south.

Lzaa

Abuja has a metro system...lagos is still building theirs since the 80s
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
unbitchable:

Oyo will starve to death?. you daft kid.
Oyo generates more IGR than Kano.
Oyo will naturally develop on its own without FG choke on it.
Osun also the potential to develop with abundance of gold reserves it has.

Stop lying, oyo does not generate more igr than kano.

Kano is tge economic city of the north
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by theTranslator: 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
gentiles:

Yes, North is backward, but south west apart from lagos and Ondo states are far more backward than the north. Without oyel money, Osun and Oyo states will starve to death. Truth is bitter. FYI, I am yoruba
Oyo is almost on par with Ogun State

Osun is coming up
They will do without oil

I doubt that you are Yoruba
From what state?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by theTranslator: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So Abuja is north?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
theTranslator:

So Abuja is north?

No it is in the south
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by theTranslator: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I am still searching for the industrialized olaces in ogun state, ogun state is a village full of mud houses.

There is nothing like our port and airport, they were not bult by the state government but by the federal government, so all revenue goes to the federal government.

Ogun state has the highest number of universities producing yahoo boys and runs girls as graduates.

Keep bragging....with all these stuff you have mentioned, are tbe facilities there up to world standards

Lol
Where does the "FG" money come from?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by unbitchable(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria- fact!
If you do travel on business tour, go to Agbara industrial estates and go figure.
But I can't blame you, you can't move around without FG support system. Even with 2% marks, quota system will give you job in FG parastatal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by theTranslator: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

No it is in the south
Okay

Is ƙwara north?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
theTranslator:

Okay

Is ƙwara north?

No lagos south
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by unbitchable(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Stop lying, oyo does not generate more igr than kano.

Kano is tge economic city of the north
Anything I tell you, fact check on NBS.
Oyo generates more than your "so called" economic city. dem no be mate.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Gbagura: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Foreign man owns flutterwave and paystack? Go school you no gree.

Dude even said ogun state full of mud houses. See wetin quota system has done for this guy. So those ports and sir ports that generate revenues for your FG, from which region does that emanates? Engaging a northerner is like describing road for a blind man and singing melodiously for the deaf.

Oya almajiri those are the foreigners that own both paystack and flutterwave.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gbagura:
Foreign man owns flutterwave and paystack? Go school you no gree.

Oya almajiri those are the foreigners that own both paystack and flutterwave.

The owners are the investors not him.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by orisa37: 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
DEVELOPMENT IS OF GOD AND NOT OF HUMAN MANIPULATION. DEVELOPMENT IS KEEPING CATTLE IN RANCHES AND NOT IN OPEN GRAZING.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Gbagura: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Guy I've been wasting my time with you all along and I regret it.

7 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by heniford2: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The argument here isn't whether the north is more developed than the south.

The point i was making is simple, if the south claim they are developed, why is standard of living not improving, why is their no innovation, no high tech, nothing comparable with any developed society.
standard of living between the North and south answer yourself that question naw can you compare both even in some African countries
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
heniford2:
standard of living between the North and south answer yourself that question naw can you compare both even in some African countries

What is the standard of living of the south compared to Johannesburg for instance, since we know the stand of living between the north and south is not on par.

Is the south actually developed, what is developed in the south
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by AfonjaConehead: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Mallamus shut up..you don't read.
Lagos was gonna do but the then head of state,dullapo buhari used his military power to wreck it....
Someone pls spray air fresner
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Mallamus shut up..you don't read.
Lagos was gonna do but the then head of state,dullapo buhari used his military power to wreck it....
Someone pls spray air fresner

So now that we are in a civilian government, what stops it from functioning

Abi you get another blame game and excuse....or was it Obasanjo that stopped it.

Waiting for another round of your excuses
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by heniford2: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What is the standard of living of the south compared to Johannesburg for instance, since we know the stand of living between the north and south is not on par.

sorry grin cheesy why can't the North compare with others why are your governors so backward why is it so bad why be comparing southern states you should compare lagos with Johannesburg not the whole southern state
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Sammy07: 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I Honestly dont want to have a debate with you cos you are not even informed.

I have changed my mind tho.

Lets start with Education
According to Nelson mandela Education IS the tool you will use to change the world.

Without education you're still living in stone age.

Mention Some Major achievements and innovations made by Northerners in Education

Pls be fast I'm loosing my temper, comparing north to south is comparing Itel P33 to iPhone.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sammy07:

I Honestly dont want to have a debate with you cos you are not even informed.

I have changed my mind tho.

Lets start with Education
According to Nelson mandela Education IS the tool you will use to change the world.

Without education you're still living in stone age.

Mention Some Major achievements and innovations made by Northerners in Education

Now you have changed the topic when i said compare your southern development to just Johannesburg.

We know we are not developed, but since you all claimed you are developed, lets compare your development with another developed city
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Sammy07: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Now you have changed the topic when i said compare your southern development to just Johannesburg.

We know we are not developed, but since you all claimed you are developed, lets compare your development with another developed city

Is your topic not based on Northern Nigeria to Southern Nigeria?

Why don't you compare southern Nigeria to Chad or Niger?

3 Likes

Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by unbitchable(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Amaechi2023:
Oga if it was possible for me I'll do it multiple times.
I'm sure we ain't begging anyone to stay in Nigeria with us.
if the southerners wants to leave us its very easy not this online media backwash deceitful protests.
your leaders are the ones ass licking us not we. if they are that rich they won't ass lick us all in the name of presidency.
Southern leaders asslick u, na so ur head dey swell o. When NASS was in Lagos, could your northern senators misbehave as they do now?
NASS being in Abuja is an home advantage, so enjoy while it lasts.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most of the people that claim are from the north in the south aren't from Nigeria, they are mostly niger, chad or from mali.

Most hausas in the south are your typical onion seller, bdc exchangers, tomatoes and vegetables sellers.

The point of argument isn't whether the north is more developed than the south, the point of argument is whether the south is developed.

We agree that we are not developed but is the south developed??

Can southern standard of living be comparable to other nations.

Is there high tech in the south even with all the numbers of degrees in the south.
Yes, Southern Nigeria is more develop than the North.

Which other nations are you talking about? If you're talking of Europe and the USA and other develope countries then you're just a hypocrite because Nigeria is a third world country.

Let's compare North and South, the South is far better than the North in almost every positive indices.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Just the way investors own Dangote.
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Amaechi2023:
Oga if it was possible for me I'll do it multiple times.
I'm sure we ain't begging anyone to stay in Nigeria with us.
if the southerners wants to leave us its very easy not this online media backwash deceitful protests.
your leaders are the ones ass licking us not we. if they are that rich they won't ass lick us all in the name of presidency.
Which Southern leaders are ass licking northerners, can you explain please?
Re: It Is Hilarious When The South Think They Are Developed by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
heniford2:
sorry grin cheesy why can't the North compare with others why are your governors so backward why is it so bad why be comparing southern states you should compare lagos with Johannesburg not the whole southern state

We are not developed so you know our condition.

Ok since you are very developed in the south, it will be nice to compare your development with a city in south Africa.

But you know with all sincerity that lagos can't be compared with Johannesburg. I hope you know that lagos is a village when compared to Johannesburg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Evidence That Obi's Rallies In Lagos Are Mainly Attended By Igbos / BREAKING: President Buhari Appoints Ogbonaiya Onu As SFG / Senate Allocates N10bn To IDP's In North-east In 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.