Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri (5747 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Ddokie:

Simpy question you can't answer: is Jesus God, Man or Angel? you giving me bible passage.

I am going to visit my father in the east, i am also a father myself.
Matthew 11:10, John the Baptizer is aggelos, (angel).
Malachi 3:1, Jesus Christ is angel of the covenant.

You refused to accept John 20:17. grin
Matthew 11:10 & Malachi 3:1, Bros you dey see am?
Bros, who is the Father of Jesus' Father?

Are you the Father in the east?
Or, are you visiting yourself?
grin
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Even if the word "prayed to" was used, you would have still said it didn't mean Jesus was prayed to.. After all, people pray to judges. You would have said it wasn't "literally" praying to Jesus..

Same way after Jesus was called everlasting father by Isaiah, you guys claimed Father isn't Father in the real sense..
Deuteronomy 4:2 says do not add nor subtract from Matthew 6:9.
Bros, is Greek 1941 @ ACTs 7:59, Acts25:11 "pray"?
Tell yourself the gospel truth.

grin

I Thank God you know that Greek 1941 is not "pray" but you prefer to force your own opinions into your Bible to which suit you rather than accept the truth of Greek 1941 in Acts 7:59.

Isaiah 9:6 "he will be called ..." That prophecy of Isaiah is for the future.
When Isaiah wrote that verse none of those titles belong to Jesus.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
freshboi88:

Seems you are a Muslim. But u r using the scripture to deny the deity of Jesus.

First of all, you are wrong in your initial assertion inferring that angels are inferior to man. In God's hierarchy angels are superior beings to man. Let me prove it from scripture.

Hen 2:7You made him for a little while lower than the angels;
you have crowned him with glory and honor.

So you see Christ becoming man made him a little lower than the angels or angelic beings.

So u say u r not meant to worship Jesus..another lie....To not worship Jesus is not not believe in the one who sent him. Let me prove it again with scripture.

New International Version
John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

My brother you are to honor the Son just as u honor the Father. That is what Yahweh commands you to do.

So my question for u which is rhetorical is how exactly do you honor Jehovah?

1. Is it in prayer, praises, worship and what have u ?

Jehovah wants u to honor Jesus in the same way. For if u don't honor Jesus in the same way u would honor Jehovah, then u don't honor Jehovah.

My brother them lie give u oh...go and read your Bible. Jesus is God because Jehovah is not in the business of idolatry

When you honor your parents are you worshipping them?
When you don't honor divine instruction @ Ephesians 6:1-2, are you honoring God?

You misquoted John 5:23 out of context.

You are in the business of idolatry because you are a Polytheist ,worshipping 2 Gods.

Your disobedience to Matthew 4:10 & Mark 12:29-30 is luminous.

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
Janosky:

When you honor your parents are you worshipping them?
When you don't honor divine instruction @ Ephesians 6:1-2, are you honoring God?

You misquoted John 5:23 out of context.

You are in the business of idolatry because you are a Polytheist ,worshipping 2 Gods.

Your disobedience to Matthew 4:10 & Mark 12:29-30 is luminous.

Ephesian 6 1-2 ask us to honor our parents. I don't see the parallel between that and John 5:23

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him

Firstly eph 6 u quoted didn't say honor your parents just as the honor The Father. Maybe I didn't read it well, maybe u saw it somewhere else, that's y u made the comparison. If u did, show me.

If you can't then it shows you are a filthy lying scum.

John is very specific about the kind of honor u should give to the Son. Let me quote it again since u didn't see it

John 5: 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him

@bolded @Janosky @maxinDHouse @peacefullove @rozz @DappaD How are u Janosky meant to honor the Son?

The Bible says @bolded Just as you honor the Father

There is no quoting out of context here

Y would Jehovah ask everyone including JWs to honor Jesus just as they honor him?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 3:39am On Aug 21, 2021
Mikecold:
you can not pray directly to God because you are a sinner that can't reach him on your merit

That's why Jesus is the door, you need to stand on his finished work and holiness to relate with God

They sure did pray to God in the old testament, so what you said is senseless.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2021
khia:

They sure did pray to God in the old testament, so what you said is senseless.
you are the senseless one here

They couldn't pray to Yaweh that's why he sent them prophets whom he could relate with on their behalf

There wouldn't be prophets if everyone can access God

What they were doing was to keep his ordinances, this isn't prayer
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2021
Mikecold:
you are the senseless one here

They couldn't pray to Yaweh that's why he sent them prophets whom he could relate with on their behalf

There wouldn't be prophets if everyone can access God

What they were doing was to keep his ordinances, this isn't prayer

So King David never prayed to God in the beautiful poems, songs and prayers of Psalms nor Abraham when he pleaded to God not to destroy the city that his nephew was in, nor Moses praying for Israel in the wilderness? The Israelites didn't serve God through study, prayer and keeping his commandments? What you fail to realize is praying is actually talking to God.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
khia:

So King David never prayed to God in the beautiful poems, songs and prayers of Psalms nor Abraham when he pleaded to God not to destroy the city that his nephew was in, nor Moses praying for Israel in the wilderness? The Israelites didn't serve God through study, prayer and keeping his commandments? What you fail to realize is praying is actually talking to God.
David, Abraham, moses you mentioned are prophets chosen by God

I remember telling you God choosed prophets as an intermediary to the people

Prophets won't exist if everyone had access to him, if everyone don't have access to him how then can they be said to be praying to a God who isn't even accessible to them.

Israelites keeping commandments isn't prayer, it's an obligation on them, study isn't prayer (it only helps you know the obligation to keep)

Prayer is talking to God, then why did God not talk to the supposed Israelites that were talking to him, why did he need set apart prophets to talk to

At the bolded why is Moses praying for Israelites?

Don't they have mouth to pray, oops i forgot prayer is only for prophets
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mikecold:
David, Abraham, moses you mentioned are prophets chosen by God

I remember telling you God choosed prophets as an intermediary to the people

Prophets won't exist if everyone had access to him, if everyone don't have access to him how then can they be said to be praying to a God who isn't even accessible to them.

Israelites keeping commandments isn't prayer, it's an obligation on them, study isn't prayer (it only helps you know the obligation to keep)

Prayer is talking to God, then why did God not talk to the supposed Israelites that were talking to him, why did he need set apart prophets to talk to

At the bolded why is Moses praying for Israelites?

Don't they have mouth to pray, oops i forgot prayer is only for prophets

Exodus 20 vs 1 to 25...And God began to speak to All OF THE PEOPLE.

It wasn't that God didn't speak to the people or listen to the people it was the ignorance of the people that caused them to believe if God spoke to them they would surely die but Moses told them not to be afraid. They prayed to God.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
khia:

Exodus 20 vs 1 to 25...And God began to speak to All OF THE PEOPLE.

It wasn't that God didn't speak to the people or listen to the people it was the ignorance of the people that caused them to believe if God spoke to them they would surely die but Moses told them not to be afraid. They prayed to God.
Please don't twist scriptures and mislead people with your ignorance

Exodus 20: 1

And God spake all these words saying

Where did you get and God began to speak to ALL OF THE PEOPLE?

To have a glimpse who God was speaking to go to the last verse before Exodus 20 which is Exodus 19

Exodus 19:. 24

And the LORD said into him (moses) away get the down and thou shalt come up, thou with Aaron with thee but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the LORD lest he break forth upon them.

25. So Moses went down into the people and spake unto them.

You can see how Exodus you quoted exposes you.

God had selected only Moses and Aaron to be talking to and having interaction (prayer) with

He specifically warns Moses in verse 24 to go down during one of his interaction session and warn the children of Israel and even the priests not to break into the place he was communicating with Moses because they would all die.

This means the communication with God is not for all simply because of their sins, simply because since all were sinners he has the prerogative to select those to talk with that had a heart after him

Exodus 20: 1-25 God was not speaking to all people but to Moses giving him the commandments and what to say to israel

If God was speaking to all people they won't be saying below

Exodus 20:19

And they said into Moses speak with us and we would hear, BUT LET NOT GOD SPEAK WITH US LEST WE DIE

The isralietes you said God spoke to all of them admitted to Moses if God was ever to speak with them they would all die.

The fact isralietes made it to the promise Land means God didn't speak with them cos they would all have died according to them

It is not the isralietes ignorance that made them believe if God spoke to them they would surely die

It was their wisdom that made them see the reality that such would really happen

God himself told Moses to go warn them because they would actually die if they hear him speak
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by 22jumpstreet: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2021
In Luke 22:42, Jesus says *"not my will but YOURS be done"*

*So, common sense should tell Christians that it's pointless praying to Jesus, when Jesus himself is admitting that his will is irrelevant*

Did Jesus teach you to pray to him or to God in Matthew 6:9-13?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by netmillionaires(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2021
This man is an anti-christ, a son to the father of all lies. He made up that song. The real song goes like this... While I was praying, praying to the Father, somebody touched my soul. Somebodi f'owo kan mi (touch my soul). It could be Jesus, it could be Jesus Oh oh oh. While I was praying, praying to the Father, somebody touched my soul.

The person being prayed to is God the Father. The one who touched is Jesus the son.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World 2024 / 2015 Statistics Regarding Religion Growth In Sub-saharan Africa / Update On The Donations Refused From The Atheist Community For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.