Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,473 members, 7,861,369 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri (5743 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2021
deebrownneymar:
I didn’t have to read the scriptures to know this. It is true that God gives us the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides.
And this spirit you claim to have lied to you? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 8:26am On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
you can not pray directly to God because you are a sinner that can't reach him on your merit

That's why Jesus is the door, you need to stand on his finished work and holiness to relate with God

This is just illogical bable. God is the beginning and the end, all knowing, he created man whom he loved only to close his heart and ears to them is ridiculous. When God created man and women he knew the atrocities they would create before he even created them. It makes no sense to create what you know you will not hear.

This is why I see the bible as contradictive and the reason for the contradiction is man (Catholicism) adding and taking away from the scriptures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2021
kingawothefirst:
[s][/s]

Jesus the “son of man” is not God, which bible have you been reading and what pastor brainwashed you?

Newsflash: Jesus never existed. It’s basically a story made up by the romans to troll the jews. Hey Zeus, they turned Zeus to Jesus for y’all to worship https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-pacify-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html?amp

Just like you are making this up, right?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by starstaz(m): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2021
khia:

This is just illogical babble. God is the beginning and the end, he created man whom he loved only to close his heart and ears to them is ridiculous. When God created man and women he knew the atrocities they would create before he even created them. It makes no sense to create what you know you will not hear.

This is why I see the bible as contradictory and the reason for the contradiction is man (Catholicism) adding and taking away from the scriptures.

Deep thinking �

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2021
oranget:

Just like you are making this up, right?

Dude unless you can walk on water, you have nothing to defend here. Go and remain gullible my friend.

Keep believing in fairy tales.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Dude unless you can walk on water, you have nothing to defend here. Go and remain gullible my friend.

Keep believing in fairy tales.
I suppose you believe in the fairy tale of "Big Bang theory", but you are finding it difficult to believe this "fairy tale". You, my friend are the gullible one here.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by eddyghali(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2021
Reno and Freeze are both aethist
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2021
BENSU:
Jesus Christ never said that we should pray to him, but that whatever we ask his father (Jehovah God) in his (Jesus) name, will be given to us.

Jesus Christ himself is not God, but the only begotten Son of Almighty God and the firstborn of all creation.

Jehovah God sent his only begotten Son to redeem us from sin and death

To learn the truth about Jesus Christ
Contact Jehovah witnesses or visit jw dot com

The only begotten son who can forgive sin, who can do whatever Jehovah can do, who Jehovah glorifies, who is all knowing...u don't have sense
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by wealthyhenry(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2021
BENSU:
Jesus Christ never said that we should pray to him, but that whatever we ask his father (Jehovah God) in his (Jesus) name, will be given to us.

Jesus Christ himself is not God, but the only begotten Son of Almighty God and the firstborn of all creation.

Jesus is not God? Outright Nonsense.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2021
lahp:
so true

this should be a reason so called christians shld knw that the trinity doctrine is a lie

Trinity is biblical truth that cannot be disputed. It has its root in scripture. Unitarian or Oneness is a lie from the pit if he'll spread by sons of satan like yourself, daddy freeze n Reno omokri
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by henryboss(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2021
You are very correct. There is only One God Almight father, Rock of Ages. Even the ISREALITES since the time of God's call to Abraham till today practice mono God that is One God. Even Jesus Christ himself said that he came to do the will of his father that sent him. And he further said that even him does not know when the world will come to an End that is only the father that knows. Please it's noteworthy that we pray in the name of Almight God. Jesus Christ is the messiah God is God the supreme being. The supernatural. They all claim TRINITY is a mystery TRINITY is a mystery but never account of trinity in bible. Who formed the word trinity of what use. Jesus Christ only came to interceed for us because God sent him. Read bible with empacies. Before we love God, God has only loved us. And the of the apostles also let us known that for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believe in him will not perish but have an everlasting life.
BENSU:

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
This Reno is just an attention seeking wannabe

His aim is always to go opposite in every narration so as to form woke

If Jesus isn't to be prayed to how do you explain that he can forgive sins which only God can

Matthew 9:6

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.

Luke 7:48

Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

How do you explain he can be worshipped without him rejecting it, worship only belongs to God

Matthew 15:25

But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!”

How do you explain that Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath, Sabbath which Yaweh sanctified for himself

Matthew 12:8

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

These are just few statement from Jesus mouth himself, i can go on bringing you endless facts that Jesus is God in Trinity and he must be prayed to especially when the only reason we can offer prayer is because of him been the gateway to heaven

My brother thank you! These people just read one verse and begin to talk rubbish.

In Jesus's response to the Pharisees who berated him for healing on the Sabbath
He said my Father is working on the Sabbath, do I also am working....Which is in line with scripture where Jesus says whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise.

Jesus clearly put himself in on the same level as the Father, clearly saying u can't tell him what he can and cannot do on the Sabbath cos he is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Now those who understand scripture knew that's blasphemy and this is where the stones come out
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
what Christ was doing with the Lord's prayer was to prepare the minds of the Jews at that time to have an understanding of God as their father

Remember before now even Jews dared not go into the temple unless the high priest that still had his limits.

Keep in mind Christ was not yet crucified so how could he have possibly tell the Jews to pray in his name when he hadn't paid the price for them to access him in prayer

Mind you they could pray to him, desire him to do things for them which he could do because he was on earth with them, but anything regarding prayer in closet they couldn't call him name because he hadn't gotten a liscence

So essentially he was preparing them for a new kind of relationship with God not really about the prayer per say

When his work was finished it means the Jesus who was already prayed to on earth when he was around can also be prayed to in heaven

Interesting reaponse. But I have a few thoughts

The big issue I have here is people who 'prayed to' Jesus. It was man who started that idea out of awe for Jesus and not because he gave that advice/command/impression. Same way people today sometimes worship their pastors and self-claimed MOG.

When Jesus said 'Our Father' he was referring to a different being from himself, his Father, the same person he would always go up to the mountains to pray to. Again, it was man who developed the idea to pray to Jesus out of awe. And I believe it's because we humans have this fascination with things in the physical. It's the same reason we had/have idol worshippers because people need to see who to pray to.

A good example here is the Israelites, despite being delivered from Egypt and seeing God's miracles first hand they still went ahead an constructed an Idol so as to worship God. So you can imagine what they'd do with Jesus.

Interestingly, I suppose it is for this reason why Islam particularly warns against creating an image in the likeness of their prophets. It's because people easily become obsessed with the messenger and not God himself.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2021
oranget:

I suppose you believe in the fairy tale of "Big Bang theory", but you are finding it difficult to believe this "fairy tale". You, my friend are the gullible one here.

I’d rather be the gullible one who believes in Big Bang Theory than be one of you lazy people who believe in miracle money alerts.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2021
othermen:
First, when people asked Jesus for miracles in the bible, they were praying to Jesus.

Which means when you ask you friend for something, you're praying to your friend. So, praying to a man is accepted. Your logic.

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 08, 2021
blackmaine:
Brothers Yashua told Satan when he asked Yashua to bow to him that it's only Yahweh we are supposed yo worship..John 1vs1 told us Yashua is God...only letting us know that Yashua is a part and parcel of God ...that's why he said in the beginning was the word and the word was with Yahweh

With these knowledge I'll love you to answer these two questions (scripturally):

Does Yashua have a God over Him?

Does Yahweh have a God over Him?

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 10:52am On Aug 08, 2021
kingawothefirst:

I’d rather be the gullible one who believes in Big Bang Theory than be one of you lazy people who believe in miracle money alerts.
Haha, and who told you I believed in the miracle money alert scam? I agree there's nothing God cannot do, but some people just make Him seem like a magician to appear relevant. But does it make sense saying you don't believe in God just because of the mistake of one human being? No, it does not
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by lahp(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2021
freshboi88:

Trinity is biblical truth that cannot be disputed. It has its root in scripture. Unitarian or Oneness is a lie from the pit if he'll spread by sons of satan like yourself, daddy freeze n Reno omokri

hope u dont go telling people this

there is no scripture that supports the trinity
mention where in the bible and pls dont call john 1: 1

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2021
lahp:

hope u dont go telling people this

there is no scripture that supports the trinity
mention where in the bible and pls dont call john 1: 1

First question to u is tell me what u believe in respect to the divinity of Christ ? And then tell why u think trinity is not scriptural.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2021
oranget:

Haha, and who told you I believed in the miracle money alert scam? I agree there's nothing God cannot do, but some people just make Him seem like a magician to appear relevant. But does it make sense saying you don't believe in God just because of the mistake of one human being? No, it does not

Dude, you believe a man can turn water into wine, and that a man walks on water, and a man raised a dead man that has been decaying for 4 days from death. So what makes you different from those that believe in miracle money too. if you can’t walk on water your faith is not strong enough and you’re not a true Christian, you’re just a church goer that believes in fairytales like the rest of the lost souls.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Duru009(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2021
We pray to God In the NAME of JESUS.....
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Dude, you believe a man can turn water into wine, and that a man walks on water, and a man raised a dead man that has been decaying for 4 days from death. So what makes you different from those that believe in miracle money too. if you can’t walk on water your faith is not strong enough and you’re not a true Christian, you’re just a church goer that believes in fairytales last the rest of the lost souls.
Okay, thank you
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Petersamuel8(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
kingawothefirst:
[s][/s]

Jesus the “son of man” is not God, which bible have you been reading and what pastor brainwashed you?

Newsflash: Jesus never existed. It’s basically a story made up by the romans to troll the jews. Hey Zeus, they turned Zeus to Jesus for y’all to worship https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-pacify-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html?amp

Your mumu na first grade, so you just bring one yeye thing from a scholar and you expect us to believe him?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Petersamuel8:

Your mumu na first grade, so you just bring one yeye thing from a scholar and you expect us to believe him?

No I expect you to be open minded and grow up, Santa is not real.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Petersamuel8(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Perfectbeing:
You don't want people to believe in Jesus, cos to you, He was made up by men. And yet your best proof is to bring a article wri1tte by men. Now tell me why I should believe your own article written by men and leave my Bible also written by "men".. undecided

Na same question I ask the mumu, he expects us to believe his yeye scholar just like that
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
RENOSERROS YU AGAIN!CAUSED SON OF PERDITION SEEKIN CHEAP ATTENTION angry
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

I feel that Christians have really missed the road on this. When Jesus was asked a simple question, "how do we pray?" .. he responded with the way it should be done, starting from "Our Father" ... He didn't end it by saying "in my name we pray" or anything of the sought. But over the years humans have changed everything and added their own spin and understanding to the original word. Now we have Catholics, latter day saints etc all of who have deviated from the original way of praying.
You are very correct.
Matthew 6:9
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Off topic but who can answer these questions I have been pondering?

1. Did Yah instruct Adam to worship him?

2. The scriptures says Yah created Adam from dirt and Adam means DARk DIRT in Hebrew, why do you believe Adam was white?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
I think i will rather pray to the person Jesus was praying to begging on his knees to save him! Hebrews 5:7

He told Mary Magdalene:

Jesus said to her (Mary Magdalene): “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’” John 20:17

Jesus' father is my father, Jesus' God is my God! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
othermen:
First, when people asked Jesus for miracles in the bible, they were praying to Jesus.

''Jesus! make me see'', ''Jesus! make me well'', ''Jesus! If I could touch your garment'', ''Jesus!, raise this dead."

John 14 ''Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”

To God, there are three members, God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit... This is the trinity. Jesus is the begotten of God; the son, this is clear.

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
in verse 14: “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”

Romans 9:5 Apostle Paul describes Jesus as “the Christ, who is God overall, blessed forever.”

In John 10:30 Jesus claims that “I and the Father are one,”

In John 14:9 Jesus says that “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.”

In Mark 2 dealing with the man’s paralysis he first says, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Only God can forgive, of coz Jesus is a member of God.

In order that your prayer is through to God the father, you should pray in the name of the son, for it is through the son, we are granted access; and the holy spirit shall be there to guide, to guide in your prayers and that you may ask that which is appropriate.

Even then, Jesus Christ is the answer to our prayers.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Even Apostle Paul prayed to Jesus saying “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father. . . encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” In 1 Thessalonians 3:11–13, there was a similar prayer to Jesus.

John 5:23 ''Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.''.

You don’t need Omokri or Daddy Freeze to know God or know more about Christ. What you need is a personal encounter with Christ, and you only have to accept Christ. He is knocking at the door. The Holy Spirit shall then be the guide.

John 20:17
Jesus said
, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

John 20:17, did Jesus Christ reject your claim @ John 1:1?
Is Jesus your God?
Or, the One Jesus calls "my God and your God?"
According to your claim on John 1:1, you are also saying that at Hosea 12:3-4, angel is God. Bros, you can't shift this goal post for John 1:1 & Hosea 12:3-4 grin grin

If you had a personal encounter with Christ, you would stick to John 17:3 and John 14:1.

BTW, Paul NEVER prayed to Jesus, Ephesians 3:14-15.

You don't understand 2 Thess 2:16-17 or
1 Thess3:11-13.

Matthew 6:14-15, you have power to forgive.
Does that mean you are God?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
silibaba:

you better go back to your bible and stop watching too much bbnaija undecided

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD.

AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD.

AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH (THROUGH MARY) AND DWELL AMONG US.

John 1:1

go and read deep cos am not ready to elaborate the caplock

John 20:17, did Jesus reject your claim on John 1:1?
Is Jesus your God?
Or ,@ John 20:17, is his God your God?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Janosky: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
oranget:
Which kind wahala be dis one now?
Since prayer is the communication between man and his God, and according to the Bible, Jesus is fully God and fully man, He is also the second person in Trinity. Then why should praying to him be wrong.
This Daddy Freezer always finding excuses to justify his unbelief.
Do you understand Jesus instructions to you @ Matthew 6:9?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Principles Of Exchange, Your Channel For Wealth / An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four / Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.