Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,192 members, 7,864,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri (5756 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Lol, your passive agressive jabs weren't necessary brother grin.

Just because Angels were asked to worship Jesus doesn't mean WE are expected to do so too. If I remember correctly, Angels and humans serve different purposes to God. We are made in HIS image and are basically sons of God, little wonder why a certain Angel got jealous and was determined to cause man's downfall. If I may refer to the Quran, it is even mentioned that Angels were instructed to bow down to Adam too.

Also, I note how you failed to address my last paragraph concerning Peter and Thomas. Your insight here would be appreciated if you're still up for it, but please let's be civil wink

Seems you are a Muslim. But u r using the scripture to deny the deity of Jesus.

First of all, you are wrong in your initial assertion inferring that angels are inferior to man. In God's hierarchy angels are superior beings to man. Let me prove it from scripture.

Hen 2:7You made him for a little while lower than the angels;
you have crowned him with glory and honor.

So you see Christ becoming man made him a little lower than the angels or angelic beings.

So u say u r not meant to worship Jesus..another lie....To not worship Jesus is not not believe in the one who sent him. Let me prove it again with scripture.

New International Version
John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

My brother you are to honor the Son just as u honor the Father. That is what Yahweh commands you to do.

So my question for u which is rhetorical is how exactly do you honor Jehovah?

1. Is it in prayer, praises, worship and what have u ?

Jehovah wants u to honor Jesus in the same way. For if u don't honor Jesus in the same way u would honor Jehovah, then u don't honor Jehovah.

My brother them lie give u oh...go and read your Bible. Jesus is God because Jehovah is not in the business of idolatry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
khia:

Now that you believe you are the wise prophet who can prophesize that I am a Muslim when I tell you I am not and have no reason to lie to a nobody about a religion that I have no connections with, this discussion is over. Continue with your false prophesizing.
Did you have anything to discuss before, you just want to run because i have turned the floodlight on you

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This discussion is about Jesus Christ, God's very own New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
So, if you are unable to approach questions asked of Him, then it is OK to remove yourself from this. undecided

I've answered your questions, in short, there is only one Yah and you Jesus was a prophet.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
khia:

I've answered your questions, in short, there is only one Yah and you Jesus was a prophet.
Go back through... you never once answered a single question I posed you. undecided

So, as I said,if you do not know anything about the topic. It is OK to remove yourself. Let those who do properly engage. undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
freshboi88:

First of all, you are wrong in your initial assertion inferring that angels are inferior to man. In God's hierarchy angels are superior beings to man. Let me prove it from scripture.

So you see Christ becoming man made him a little lower than the angels or angelic beings.

So u say u r not meant to worship Jesus..another lie....To not worship Jesus is not not believe in the one who sent him. Let me prove it again with scripture.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

My brother you are to honor the Son just as u honor the Father. That is what Yahweh commands you to do.

Jehovah wants u to honor Jesus in the same way. For if u don't honor Jesus in the same way u would honor Jehovah, then u don't honor Jehovah.

My brother them lie give u oh...go and read your Bible. Jesus is God because Jehovah is not in the business of idolatry

Abeg tell them o

Have you seen Christian that want to talk about Jesus and start saying he is a prophet and messenger

This is not a matter of debate in Christianity

Unless the Muslims that their can't hide their leopard spot

Even the Reno on front page he is an occult gang member claiming Christian but by their fruits the Bible says they would be revealed

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Did you have anything to discuss before, you just want to run because i have turned the floodlight on you

There's no light to be turned on other than the light of my father. Who are you to run from?
I'm done with conversing with you and I have others things to do, why is that so hard for your ego to take? These are rhetorical questions please don't reply.

Audios!!
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Worship means to serve, to obey!. When you submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, you worship Him as the one who is Master over you, the one who is God's eternal Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Your definition of worship is interesting grin but you're entitled to it.

Listening to the messenger's teaching and obeying their commandments (not originally theirs even) makes you a 'FOLLOWER' of that messenger. You're not supposed to worship them (the messenger), you're meant to worship the ONE who gave them the message.

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Your definition of worship is interesting grin but you're entitled to it.

Listening to the messenger's teaching and obeying their commandments (not originally theirs even) makes you a 'FOLLOWER' of that messenger. You're not supposed to worship them (the messenger), you're meant to worship the ONE who gave them the message.
My definition of worship, you say. So, what other definition of worship is there, given by God? undecided
Once we establish this, then we can maybe move forward in this. undecided

Out of curiousity, when God created Adam and commanded Adam to obey Him, was God simply a messenger to Adam , and Adam simply called to be a follower of God then? undecided

Also, when Jesus Christ proclaimed that He was the Truth of God - the very Words out of God's own mouth, are we to assume here that Jesus Christ lied ? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
khia:

There's no light to be turned on other than the light of my father. Who are you to run from?
Ok Good luck on this your father

But next time if you must talk on a Christian topic you must adopt accept our Christian new testament and our Jesus son of God

It is not you that isn't Christian that should tell Christian not to use new testament etc

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My definition of worship, you say. So, what other definition of worship is there, given by God? undecided

Out of curiousity, when God created Adam and commanded Adam to obey Him, was God simply a messenger to Adam , and Adam simply called to be a follower of God then? undecided

Also, when Jesus Christ proclaimed that He was the Truth of God - the very Words out of God's own mouth, are we to assume here that Jesus Christ lied ? undecided

Where in the scriptures did Yah instruct Adam to worship him?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
khia:
Where in the scriptures did Yah instruct Adam to worship him?
Do you know the meaning of the word itself for you to ask me that question? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Ok Good luck on this your father

But next time if you must talk on a Christian topic you must adopt accept our Christian new testament and our Jesus son of God

It is not you that isn't Christian that should tell Christian not to use new testament etc

There you go with your man made religion "Christianity" that didn't even exist during the time the scriptures were written. The scriptures were written for mankind not you followers of the Christ so get your head out of the sand and learn something.

This is my last reply to you. undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you know know meaning of the word itself for you to ask me that question? undecided

Answer my question with an answer not another question.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
khia:
Answer my question with an answer not another question.
Again, what do you understand the word "worship" to mean? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by khia: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, what do you understand the word "worship" to mean? undecided
Done!!!!
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mikecold:
Abeg tell them o

Have you seen Christian that want to talk about Jesus and start saying he is a prophet and messenger

This is not a matter of debate in Christianity

Unless the Muslims that their can't hide their leopard spot

Even the Reno on front page he is an occult gang member claiming Christian but by their fruits the Bible says they would be revealed

Don't mind Reno and Daddy Freeze put their teaching under the light and truth of the gospel and it falls flat.

Ask him now Y YHWH ask everyone and angels to worship Jesus if Jesus is not God, he would not have an answer but yet he still keeps spreading a perversed gospel from the pit of hell
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
freshboi88:

Ok oo.. if you say so. Lemme just drop these two before I go

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Hebrews 1:14
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Ah ahn, was God teaching anything? undecided If someone 'teaches' and you follow that teaching then you're a follower.. that's what I said na tongue

When your pastor tells you he's repeating the words God spoke to him in his dream last night will you start worshipping your pastor? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Ah ahn, was God teaching anything? undecided If someone 'teaches' and you follow that teaching then you're a follower.. that's what I said na tongue

When your pastor tells you he's repeating the words God spoke to him in his dream last night will you start worshipping your pastor? undecided
So, when God gave Adam the command in Genesis 2 vs 15- 17, God wasn't teaching Adam to follow that command at all? God was talking for the sake of talking? undecided

As for the other, why would a person worship a pastor because he tells you God supposedly said something in his dream? I don't get that one at all. undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, Peter was not tempted? Andrew was not tempted? Is this a joke of some sort? shocked shocked

You think sin can happen without temptation? What do you really think temptation is? And does temptation even provide justification for any sin? undecided

I am curious to know!. undecided

Ehm, how was Peter tempted that he denied Jesus three times? How was Thomas tempted that he didn't believe Jesus had resurrected.

In case you don't know the backstory to those comments, I questioned why those two men were so hesitant given that Jesus was supposed to be God. If Jesus was God then surely Thomas wouldn't have doubted Jesus's resurrection given that he had resurrected Lazarus and done countless other miracles before
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, when God gave Adam the command in Genesis 2 vs 15- 17, God wasn't teaching Adam to follow that command at all? God was talking for the sake of talking? undecided

As for the other, why would a person worship a pastor because he tells you God supposedly said something in his dream? I don't get that one at all. undecided

This is very simple you know. You just said God had given a commandment! You just answered your own question and you didn't even know it grin

Brother, i don't understand it too.. the same I understand why people worship a certain messenger of God because he spoke the word of God wink grin
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Ehm, how was Peter tempted that he denied Jesus three times? How was Thomas tempted that he didn't believe Jesus had resurrected.

In case you don't know the backstory to those comments, I questioned why those two men were so hesitant given that Jesus was supposed to be God. If Jesus was God then surely Thomas wouldn't have doubted Jesus's resurrection given that he had resurrected Lazarus and done countless other miracles before
Let me put it this way, everytime you have have choice to obey, you always have the choice to disobey. Those choices together are what amounts to what is called "Temptation" , the one to doing good, and the other to doing bad. undecided

Peter had the chance, each of those 3 times, to do the right thing but he instead chose 3 times to deny Jesus Christ, hence the regret that came upon him when he realized his error. undecided

Andrew had the choice to believe that the one who stood before him was Jesus Christ but instead his doubt overwhelmed Him - this is not to declare doubt a sin by the way. undecided

As for the portion I marked in bold, recall why I dragged the story of Adam into this? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:
This is very simple you know. You just said God had given a commandment! You just answered your own question and you didn't even know it grin

Brother, i don't understand it too.. the same I understand why people worship a certain messenger of God because he spoke the word of God wink grin
You have to tell me ... how did I answer my own question? undecided

So you are saying that to you, Jesus Christ is simply a messenger and so should not be worshipped, is that it? undecided
Recall that you have yet to properly define "worship" here. undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You have to tell me ... how did I answer my own question? undecided

So you are saying that to you, Jesus Christ is simply a messenger and so should not be worshipped, is that it? undecided
Recall that you have yet to properly define "worship" here. undecided

Ok I can help you understand:
So, when God gave Adam the command in Genesis 2 vs 15- 17, God wasn't teaching Adam to follow that command at all?

How was God teaching Adam?

Second question
Wikipedia has a great definition here: Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. For many, worship is not about an emotion, it is more about a recognition of a God.. you should check out the section on Christianity: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Ok I can help you understand:
So, when God gave Adam the command in Genesis 2 vs 15- 17, God wasn't teaching Adam to follow that command at all?

How was God teaching Adam?

Second question
Wikipedia has a great definition here: Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. For many, worship is not about an emotion, it is more about a recognition of a God.. you should check out the section on Christianity: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship
1. So God's instruction to Adam on what he could or couldn't eat does not constitute a teaching of some sort, this in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 17 ? undecided

You are invariably saying that teaching a child right from wrong does not amount to teaching at all? undecided

2. So, where God of the Bible is concerned, what exactly is this act of religious devotion that "worship" is defined as? undecided
What is it that God desires for us to do in devotion to Him? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. So God's instruction to Adam on what he could or couldn't eat does not constitute a teaching of some sort, this in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 17 ? undecided

You are invariably saying that teaching a child right from wrong does not amount to teaching at all? undecided

2. So, where God of the Bible is concerned, what exactly is this act of religious devotion that "worship" is defined as? undecided
What is it that God desires for us to do in devotion to Him? undecided

1) That's a commandment no? Not a teaching.
2) Veneration, praise, outright declaration that he alone is God and no other
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

1) That's a commandment no? Not a teaching.
2) Veneration, praise, outright declaration that he alone is God and no other
Ok, so a commandment is not a teaching fine. So what do you call one who submits to and obeys a Law then? undecided

Did God Himself command that you venerate Him and praise Him or do you simply do it because you feel that is what He wants from you? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by freshboi88: 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

Ok oo.. if you say so. Lemme just drop these two before I go

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Hebrews 1:14
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

You people just keep misquoting scriptures.
Paul says we would only Judge angels when we have resurrected with Christ and are reigning with him in heaven. But in our present state on earth with flesh and bones, we are a little lower than the angels. Period
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
freshboi88:

You people just keep misquoting scriptures.
Paul says we would only Judge angels when we have resurrected with Christ and are reigning with him in heaven. But in our present state on earth with flesh and bones, we are a little lower than the angels. Period

How did I misquote scriptures there? Explain
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, so a commandment is not a teaching fine. So what do you call one who submits to and obeys a Law then? undecided

Did God Himself command that you venerate Him and praise Him or do you simply do it because you feel that is what He wants from you? undecided

1) Depends on the context. If you are referring to the laws of God or a god then generally speaking you're a theist.

2) Why did God create man?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
kramer:

1) Depends on the context. If you are referring to the laws of God or a god then generally speaking you're a theist.

2) Why did God create man?
1. So God wanted Adam to become what, a theist? undecided

2. You tell me, why did God create man? undecided
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Perfectbeing(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Janosky:

John 15:15, Matthew 6:9, John 7:16.
What was the teaching Jesus received from his God and Father?
Ephesians 3:14-15, what is the teaching Paul received from Jesus?
To explain all these I will spend hours writing a long epistle. But in John 14:9 when asked to show the father Jesus replied as though he was the father, "John 14:9
[9]Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip??....."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iwe Orin Mimo On Mobile / A Simple Question To All Christians / Update On The Donations Refused From The Atheist Community For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.