Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri (5708 Views)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by SATANICALLY666: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Daddy Freeze: Now, let's take this a little further - praying to Jesus. That's another common error in today's church. What's your advice regarding that? Praying and worship?

Reno Omokri: Yeshua (Jesus) never asked anybody to pray to him. Praying to Yeshua (Jesus) is just a fallacy.

I remember when I was a child. They taught me this song in an Anglican church:

'Somebody touched me,
somebody touched me,
Somebody touched my soul.
When I was praying,
Praying to my Jesus'

Now imagine you are a child. You are emotionally scripted to sing that song. That's error. Yeshua (Jesus) never asked anybody to pray to him. And if you read scripture, nobody ever prayed to Yeshua (Jesus). Yeshua (Jesus) Himself prayed to God. The Holy Spirit itself even helps you to pray to God. It's in scripture. (the Holy Spirit) Helps you to make groans and intercession to God. Yeshua never...

Citations:

1 Corinthians 15: 27-28...
1 Corinthians 8: 6
1 Timothy 2: 5

Source:

Start from 11:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QURC7y6Tcw

4 Likes

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Which kind wahala be dis one now?
Since prayer is the communication between man and his God, and according to the Bible, Jesus is fully God and fully man, He is also the second person in Trinity. Then why should praying to him be wrong.
This Daddy Freezer always finding excuses to justify his unbelief.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by BENSU: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Jesus Christ never said that we should pray to him, but that whatever we ask his father (Jehovah God) in his (Jesus) name, will be given to us.

Jesus Christ himself is not God, but the only begotten Son of Almighty God and the firstborn of all creation.

Jehovah God sent his only begotten Son to redeem us from sin and death

To learn the truth about Jesus Christ
Contact Jehovah witnesses or visit jw dot com

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by lahp(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
so true

this should be a reason so called christians shld knw that the trinity doctrine is a lie

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by midolian(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
BENSU:
Jesus Christ never said that we should pray to him, but that whatever we ask his father (Jehovah God) in his (Jesus) name, will be given to us.

Jesus Christ himself is not God, but begotten Son a faithful servant of Almighty God and the firstborn of all creation.

[s]Jehovah God sent his only begotten Son to redeem us from sin and death

[/s]
1/10 angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by seunmsg(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Christians pray to God through Jesus Christ and not to Jesus Christ.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
BENSU:

Jesus Christ himself is not God, but the only begotten Son of Almighty God and the firstborn of all creation.
But John 1:1 is saying otherwise, or is this passage not in your Jehovah witness bible?

3 Likes

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by othermen: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
First, when people asked Jesus for miracles in the bible, they were praying to Jesus.

''Jesus! make me see'', ''Jesus! make me well'', ''Jesus! If I could touch your garment'', ''Jesus!, raise this dead."

John 14 ''Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”

To God, there are three members, God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit... This is the trinity. Jesus is the begotten of God; the son, this is clear.

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
in verse 14: “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”

Romans 9:5 Apostle Paul describes Jesus as “the Christ, who is God overall, blessed forever.”

In John 10:30 Jesus claims that “I and the Father are one,”

In John 14:9 Jesus says that “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.”

In Mark 2 dealing with the man’s paralysis he first says, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Only God can forgive, of coz Jesus is a member of God.

In order that your prayer is through to God the father, you should pray in the name of the son, for it is through the son, we are granted access; and the holy spirit shall be there to guide, to guide in your prayers and that you may ask that which is appropriate.

Even then, Jesus Christ is the answer to our prayers.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Even Apostle Paul prayed to Jesus saying “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father. . . encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” In 1 Thessalonians 3:11–13, there was a similar prayer to Jesus.

John 5:23 ''Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.''.

You don’t need Omokri or Daddy Freeze to know God or know more about Christ. What you need is a personal encounter with Christ, and you only have to accept Christ. He is knocking at the door. The Holy Spirit shall then be the guide.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by blackmaine: 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Brothers Yashua told Satan when he asked Yashua to bow to him that it's only Yahweh we are supposed yo worship..John 1vs1 told us Yashua is God...only letting us know that Yashua is a part and parcel of God ...that's why he said in the beginning was the word and the word was with Yahweh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Remember Stephen prayed to Jesus in the bible (Read Acts 7:59, 60). Paul also talked of calling on the name of Jesus in 1 Cor. 1:2

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by oranget(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Typical of Daddy Freeze to always bring out baseless arguments, and some people will be quick to swallow it hook, line and sinker

2 Likes

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Ddokie: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
It appears Reno is Jehovah Witness"ish".

Na only dem dey read bible like that - from right to left. shocked shocked

You can't pray to Jesus but you can pray to a judge in a court. Ndi okpo.

There isn't any need to join issues with these ones or any other person throwing up controversial arguments aimed at showcasing their independence in the study of scripture.

Truth is that if we concentrated on the good that we all have come to accept and shun controversies that end up tearing down without building up, the world would have been a much better place.

Samunique:
Pls help me tell Reno to read John 14:13-14

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

They read bible from right to left (meaning they start on the right path, but pride ends up taking them to the wrong destination).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Samunique(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pls help me tell Reno to read John 14:13-14

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
This Reno is just an attention seeking wannabe

His aim is always to go opposite in every narration so as to form woke

If Jesus isn't to be prayed to how do you explain that he can forgive sins which only God can

Matthew 9:6

But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.

Luke 7:48

Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

How do you explain he can be worshipped without him rejecting it, worship only belongs to God

Matthew 15:25

But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!”

How do you explain that Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath, Sabbath which Yaweh sanctified for himself

Matthew 12:8

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

These are just few statement from Jesus mouth himself, i can go on bringing you endless facts that Jesus is God in Trinity and he must be prayed to especially when the only reason we can offer prayer is because of him been the gateway to heaven

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by aribisala0(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
The bible was written by men but naive Africans take it literally

No one knows whether there is a God or not .

There are God stories from all over the world .#

That some black folk choose to elevate Hebrew , Arab and European God stories above their own is the ultimate enslavement
They have stories and so do we why are their stories superior?
Were you there when any of these events happened
Just accept the truth you probably chose to believe the FIRST story you were fed as a child which is a function of where you are born.
If you are born in Kano or Afghanistan Delhi, Bombay or Beijing you are brought up with different stories

They are ALL STORIES

Ultimately No one has ever seen or spoken to God

7 Likes

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by OBALOLA55(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
seunmsg:
INTERCESSOR WILL NOT SAVE YOU ON THE LAST DAY

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by OBALOLA55(m): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
PRAYING TO JESUS MUHAMMAD MOSES AND CO IS THE GREATEST OF ALL SIN, IT’S LIKE WORSHIPPING YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Globad(f): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
oranget:
Which kind wahala be dis one now?
Since prayer is the communication between man and his God, and according to the Bible, Jesus is fully God and fully man, He is also the second person in Trinity. Then why should praying to him be wrong.
This Daddy Freezer always finding excuses to justify his unbelief.

Jesus never said anywhere that he's fully God.

Isn't it even confusing and illogical for him to be fully God and fully human? Yet you Africans deride African religions while accepting this obvious illogicality
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by OBALOLA55(m): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
aribisala0:
The bible was written by men but naive Africans take it literally

No one knows whether there is a God or not .

There are God stories from all over the world .#

That some black folk choose to elevate Hebrew , Arab and European God stories above their own is the ultimate enslavement
They have stories and so do we why are their stories superior
Were you there when any of these events happen
Just aaccept the truth you probably chose to believe the FIRST story you were fed as a child which is a function of where you are born.
If you are born in Kano or Afghanistan Delhi, Bombay or Beijing you are brought up with different stories

They are ALL STORIES

Ultimately No one has ever seen or spoken to God
angry
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Globad(f): 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
oranget:
Remember Stephen prayed to Jesus in the bible (Read Acts 7:59, 60). Paul also talked of calling on the name of Jesus in 1 Cor. 1:2

Read about the contributions of the same Paul to the founding of Christianity and turning of Jesus to God
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by aribisala0(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
OBALOLA55:
PRAYING TO JESUS MUHAMMAD MOSES AND CO IS THE GREATEST OF ALL SIN, IT’S LIKE WORSHIPPING YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING
Why is it a sin ? What is wrong with worshipping human beings ? They are real
That might be better than worshipping imaginary entities
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by aribisala0(m): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
OBALOLA55:
angry
meaning?
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Jones4190(m): 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
Jesus himself didn't ask any body to pray to him

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by OBALOLA55(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
aribisala0:
Why is it a sin ? What is wrong with worshipping human beings ? They are real
That might be better than worshipping imaginary entities
SHAYTAN GET DEE BEHIND ME angry

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by aribisala0(m): 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
OBALOLA55:
SHAYTAN GET DEE BEHIND ME angry
You are brainwashed to disable your brain
Shaytan is another fictional character

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
If you as a human being does not believe in Trinity then you are a joke to yourself

You don't believe because God can't be three even though he created humans in his own likeness (replica) of three

You still can't grab how you are three in one as a human being yet appear to be one seamlessly?

Can you tell me why science is yet to bring dead bodies to life?

According to science all dead bodies are lifeless because something happened to their internal organs (weakned, shut)

So how difficult is it to replace perphas a heart, kidney, or some biotech gadget insert blood, oxygen and get the dead bodies back to life

Oops, I forgot they have been trying that but ended up disappointed with an obvious conclusion that life is not air in itself.

Life is a spirit when taken out is beyond man's effort.

Does this mean that man has been living all his life with Atleast two entities yet keep asking how the God who created him and said man is in his likeness can exist in more than one entity

Have you ever asked yourself why man's life on earth can not do without water?

What's the big deal about water sef because even a baby born today would thirst for it with his soul.

So don't you get chills to know the purest thing you can't do without contains H20 (Two hyrogen, one oxygen =3)

If you wish i can give you countless narration where Jesus referred to him self as the water of life

So what's the big deal about water on earth?

It's God's signature of his Trinity and man's inability to exist without his Trinity.

Yaweh is a God of symbolism, water is H20

Oxygen is on its own in water (this is Yaweh) yet exist with two hydrogen (Jesus, Holy spirit) and they do same job

Jesus Christ is the water for the spirit that also needs spiritual water

Food for thought

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by daveP(m): 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
If this is true,then Reno is a confusionist!!

Smh.

Despite the scattered references across the NT alone, he still says all this?

Won't be surprised he belongs to one cult that reverences Jesus but denies alot of NT facts, mixing it with lots of heresies and subtle confusions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Samunique(m): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2021
Ddokie:
It appears Reno is Jehovah Witness"ish".

Na only dem dey read bible like that - from right to left. shocked shocked

You can't pray to Jesus but you can pray to a judge in a court. Ndi okpo.

There isn't any need to join issues with these ones or any other person throwing up controversial arguments aimed at showcasing their independence in the study of scripture.

Truth is that if we concentrated on the good that we all have come to accept and shun controversies that end up tearing down without building up, the world would have been a much better place.

They read bible from right to left (meaning they start on the right path, but pride ends up taking them to the wrong destination).
You couldn't be more right than this sir, most especially with your last statement.

May the Lord bless your knowledge in Him, including all of His saints.

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by silibaba: 12:58am On Aug 08, 2021
BENSU:

Jehovah God sent his only begotten Son to redeem us from sin and death

you better go back to your bible and stop watching too much bbnaija undecided

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD.

AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD.

AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH (THROUGH MARY) AND DWELL AMONG US.

John 1:1

go and read deep cos am not ready to elaborate the caplock

3 Likes

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by tatatar: 1:08am On Aug 08, 2021
seunmsg:
...but Jesus is God na,why can't you pray to him.
Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by Ikwereanlion(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2021
Sharap man

Always trying to sound deep but ends up shallow

Christians don't pray to Jesus..we ask, pray and go to the God of Abraham and isreal in his name..A name above every other name in heaven and on earth

Some pipu see name as something common but it is very,very spiritual
Maa stop here before I turn am to sermon

1 Like

Re: It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri by kramer: 1:46am On Aug 08, 2021
othermen:
First, when people asked Jesus for miracles in the bible, they were praying to Jesus.

''Jesus! make me see'', ''Jesus! make me well'', ''Jesus! If I could touch your garment'', ''Jesus!, raise this dead."

John 14 ''Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”

To God, there are three members, God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit... This is the trinity. Jesus is the begotten of God; the son, this is clear.

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
in verse 14: “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”

Romans 9:5 Apostle Paul describes Jesus as “the Christ, who is God overall, blessed forever.”

In John 10:30 Jesus claims that “I and the Father are one,”

In John 14:9 Jesus says that “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.”

In Mark 2 dealing with the man’s paralysis he first says, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Only God can forgive, of coz Jesus is a member of God.

In order that your prayer is through to God the father, you should pray in the name of the son, for it is through the son, we are granted access; and the holy spirit shall be there to guide, to guide in your prayers and that you may ask that which is appropriate.

Even then, Jesus Christ is the answer to our prayers.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Even Apostle Paul prayed to Jesus saying “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father. . . encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” In 1 Thessalonians 3:11–13, there was a similar prayer to Jesus.

John 5:23 ''Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.''.

You don’t need Omokri or Daddy Freeze to know God or know more about Christ. What you need is a personal encounter with Christ, and you only have to accept Christ. He is knocking at the door. The Holy Spirit shall then be the guide.

I feel that Christians have really missed the road on this. When Jesus was asked a simple question, "how do we pray?" .. he responded with the way it should be done, starting from "Our Father" ... He didn't end it by saying "in my name we pray" or anything of the sought. But over the years humans have changed everything and added their own spin and understanding to the original word. Now we have Catholics, latter day saints etc all of who have deviated from the original way of praying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Am Catholic -former Pentecostal Pastor Relieves Experience / Can Christians Lose Their Salvation? / How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.