Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4612404 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (6199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by senorova(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2017
agrovick:

Correct me if I'm wrong; prior to Pedro's transfer who comes in when Barca wants to substitute any of their front 3 of MSN?

The bold is like asking me if Barca wanted Iniesta and Xavi why did they sign Fabregas, or why did Manure Urinated sign Mhki when they had Mata, it's all about having options. I remember a certain Pep Guardiola bought Chgyrinsky (can't remember the spelling of the name) even though he had Puyol and Pique and was also seen to have used midfielders as centre backs.

So since your years of watching football, you don't the difference between when a player is bought for back up and when a player is bought as a starter.Fabregas was the heralded heir to xavi..and even while he played, he majorly played midfield alongside xavi while iniesta was deployed to that left wing. Barca bought neymar the following season and the whole set up was disrupted... Pedro and alexis were fighting for the right wing...and since xavi and iniesta were preferred in the middle, Fabregas became a reject!!!

Paco alacacer, Denis, Gomez, digne, and even umtiti are were bought as second options...not as starters!!! The only starters barca brought in were Neymar, Suarez, rakitic! Hence, the players formerly holding those positions were offloaded.

We know it's good to have quality squad depth.. But when a better replacement is brought in for a starter, that starter better finds another club, else he will rot on the bench!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On May 16, 2017
agrovick:

Correct me if I'm wrong; prior to Pedro's transfer who comes in when Barca wants to substitute any of their front 3 of MSN?

The bold is like asking me if Barca wanted Iniesta and Xavi why did they sign Fabregas, or why did Manure Urinated sign Mhki when they had Mata, it's all about having options. I remember a certain Pep Guardiola bought Chgyrinsky (can't remember the spelling of the name) even though he had Puyol and Pique and was also seen to have used midfielders as centre backs.

When you have a player whose only chance of playing is as a substitute then they will look for options elsewhere. If Pedro or Alexis were good enough for Barca they will be making the first team

Pedro wasnt good enough for Barca first 11 since they have better options and they sold him to the EPL where bench players become stars

Now Madrid is about to offload James Rodriguez another bench player to Man Utd
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by senorova(m): 3:58pm On May 16, 2017
bykebyke:

How the fück did the 3rd worst player in the team improve. undecided

Bro, Roberto has been better than Gomez, Dennis, mascherano, iniesta this season. The stats prove it! Squawks has a rating of team players I think
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by agrovick(m): 4:02pm On May 16, 2017
senorova:

So since your years of watching football, you don't the difference between when a player is bought for back up and when a player is bought as a starter.Fabregas was the heralded heir to xavi..and even while he played, he majorly played midfield alongside xavi while iniesta was deployed to that left wing. Barca bought neymar the following season and the whole set up was disrupted... Pedro and alexis were fighting for the right wing...and since xavi and iniesta were preferred in the middle, Fabregas became a reject!!!

Paco alacacer, Denis, Gomez, digne, and even umtiti are were bought as second options...not as starters!!! The only starters barca brought in were Neymar, Suarez, rakitic! Hence, the players formerly holding those positions were offloaded.

We know it's good to have quality squad depth.. But when a better replacement is brought in for a starter, that starter better finds another club, else he will rot on the bench!

You still didn't answer my question of who comes in to replace any of MSN.

So was Chgyrinsky bought as back up or a starter? Like I said it's all about having options, If Suarez and Neymar had flopped Pedro would have retained his place in the first 11. A player who is the first off the bench can not be described as surplus to requirement
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by agrovick(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

When you have a player whose only chance of playing is as a substitute then they will look for options elsewhere. If Pedro or Alexis were good enough for Barca they will be making the first team

Pedro wasnt good enough for Barca first 11 since they have better options and they sold him to the EPL where bench players become stars

Now Madrid is about to offload James Rodriguez another bench player to Man Utd

Egbon how far na, we all know you are not gonna be objective as it concerns EPL. I don't know about Alexis but Pedro wasn't surplus to requirement at Barcelona except surplus to requirement has a different meaning.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by senorova(m): 4:59pm On May 16, 2017
agrovick:

You still didn't answer my question of who comes in to replace any of MSN.

So was Chgyrinsky bought as back up or a starter? Like I said it's all about having options, If Suarez and Neymar had flopped Pedro would have retained his place in the first 11. A player who is the first off the bench can not be described as surplus to requirement

You still don't get my point. Pedro was a starter alongside David Villa and messi...wasn't he? At some point Guardiola added Alexis... Then villa was then sold again. At that point, Pedro and Alexis were starting in Barca's first XI... Even when fabregas was bought, he was usually being subbed in at first.

But when Neymar came in, he came in as a starter... Pedro's place became seriously under threat because even Alexis was somewhat preferred to him... The way the whole thing ended was that MSN became starters, and Pedro and co became options on the bench. From starter to rotation player, is that promotion or demotion?

If Pedro was never a starter to start with, then this argument would never be valid. But since he had a starting shirt, and barca bought his replacement....he became a reject!

This isn't rocket science is it? Except you sha want to overflog this issue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 16, 2017
senorova:

Bro, Roberto has been better than Gomez, Dennis, mascherano, iniesta this season. The stats prove it! Squawks has a rating of team players I think
No he hasn't.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by agrovick(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2017
senorova:

You still don't get my point. Pedro was a starter alongside David Villa and messi...wasn't he? At some point Guardiola added Alexis... Then villa was then sold again. At that point, Pedro and Alexis were starting in Barca's first XI... Even when fabregas was bought, he was usually being subbed in at first.

But when Neymar came in, he came in as a starter... Pedro's place became seriously under threat because even Alexis was somewhat preferred to him... The way the whole thing ended was that MSN became starters, and Pedro and co became options on the bench. From starter to rotation player, is that promotion or demotion?

If Pedro was never a starter to start with, then this argument would never be valid. But since he had a starting shirt, and barca bought his replacement....he became a reject!

This isn't rocket science is it? Except you sha want to overflog this issue

The word reject and the surplus to requirement tag doesn't describe Pedro's situation at Barcelona, yes he wasn't a guaranteed starter but in his last season at Barca he made 35 appearances in the league (15 starts, 20 subs). How can we now tag someone with such numbers as surplus to requirement, except the term has a new meaning.

PS - this has dragged on for too long, lets live to banter another day
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2017
hensben:
Yes football is not lawn tennis. Neymar should move to epl or hazard go to la Liga before they can be compared just like in the case of when cr7 was in epl you rarely see fans comparing him to Messi, or you think if cr7 remained in epl he will be effective the he is now.
You nor know ball sha so this things I am saying will be difficult for you to understand or maybe you chose to to form deaf ear, typical club fan behavior.
My advise to you is to be a football fan first before been a club fan, by doing that you will understand the game better and won't analyze sentimentally.
I love the way you adhered strictly to the advice. Just keep it up. No be me and you go dey argue untop Hazard-Neymar. I no get that kind time. Well done the real football fan!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hensben(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2017
sebod:

I love the way you adhered strictly to the advice. Just keep it up. No be me and you go dey argue untop Hazard-Neymar. I no get that kind time. Well done the real football fan!
Good boy *slaps his back head* oya face front.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by senorova(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2017
hensben:
Good boy *slaps his back head* oya face front.

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2017
senorova:

Why are you embarrassing your ancestors?
The guy is too slow!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 16, 2017
Gabby..Gabby Jesus..Gabby Jesus Jesus..x2
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 11:40pm On May 16, 2017
Pedro was surplus to requirements at the time of Sale to Chelsea..Its so Clear to anyone that has a modicum of objectiveness
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2017
Two greats of the game discussing their footballing philosophy. grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 11:45pm On May 16, 2017
agrovick:

Egbon how far na, we all know you are not gonna be objective as it concerns EPL. I don't know about Alexis but Pedro wasn't surplus to requirement at Barcelona except surplus to requirement has a different meaning.

What do you call a player who was sold because his first team shirt is not guaranteed and has become a sub
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SeekinAttention(f): 9:58am On May 17, 2017
Murderfvçkerss!!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 17, 2017
Nihilist,your boy lowkey a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 17, 2017
Come on celta grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 4:34pm On May 17, 2017
bykebyke:
Nihilist,your boy lowkey a fraud.

This is the same kind of wack statement that led an incredulous Nas to question Jay-Z's sanity with an immortal line

"HOW CAN NAS BE GARBAGE?"

Look at the chart below and see that Lukaku is responsible for scoring more of his team's goals than any other player in the league.

Even Alexis Sanchez has only scored about a third of Arsenal's league totals this season

Don't let me aim my semi-auto at your cartilage bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 17, 2017
today madrid clinches the liga

#HALA MADRID#
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 17, 2017
Nihilist:

This is the same kind of wack statement that led an incredulous Nas to question Jay-Z's sanity with an immortal line

"HOW CAN NAS BE GARBAGE?"

Look at the chart below and see that Lukaku is responsible for scoring more of his team's goals than any other player in the league.

Even Alexis Sanchez has only scored about a third of Arsenal's league totals this season

Don't let me aim my semi-auto at your cartilage bro...
Your boy lowkey a fraud.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 5:33pm On May 17, 2017
bykebyke:

Your boy lowkey a fraud.

That Drobsonzkabu must have been asleep when Lukaku was scoring worldies to knock Chelsea out of the FA Cup less than a year ago
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 17, 2017
Nihilist:

That Drobsonzkabu must have been asleep when Lukaku was scoring worldies to knock Chelsea out of the FA Cup less than a year ago
What about this season,in the league?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 5:45pm On May 17, 2017
bykebyke:

What about this season,in the league?

This is what happens when you follow mumu Twitter accounts run by people who can't decide if they're Everton fans, Chelsea fans or West Brom fans.

And I blame Messi for this. I bet that guy is also a Messi fan boy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 17, 2017
Nihilist:

This is what happens when you follow mumu Twitter accounts run by people who can't decide if they're Everton fans, Chelsea fans or West Brom fans.

And I blame Messi for this. I bet that guy is also a Messi fan boy
3 goals vs Top6

He managed to open the scoring against Man City in a 4-0 victory.

He managed to score 1 against Tottenham in a 3-2 loss.

Then the last one is against Man city in a 1-1 draw after Lukaku scored the first goal.

Zilch against Liverpool in the league,Zilch against Chelsea in the league,Zilch against Arsenal in the league.

Man...Your boy is a high key fraud. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilist: 5:54pm On May 17, 2017
bykebyke:

3 goals vs Top6

He managed to open the scoring against Man City in a 4-0 victory.

He managed to score 1 against Tottenham in a 3-2 loss.

Then the last one is against Man city in a 1-1 draw after Lukaku scored the first goal.

Zilch against Liverpool in the league,Zilch against Chelsea in the league,Zilch against Arsenal in the league.

Man...Your boy is a high key fraud. grin grin

As long as that makes everybody else on that list a fraud then I'm not bothered.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 17, 2017
Rinaldo day craze o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by diggz: 8:52pm On May 17, 2017
Dongoddon ororo for permanent world best!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2017
bykebyke:
Quote this tweet with your Barca's:
Player of season
Most improved
Biggest disappointment
Signing you need
Manager's grade (A-E)
Messi

Neymar

Summer transfer signings

Verrati

C
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by diggz: 9:10pm On May 17, 2017
Blood of ororo!!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 9:11pm On May 17, 2017
C.Ro!!

Barca fans right now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (6199) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.