Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4633045 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Adiwana:
I will take this 3 points any time any day.Not the prettiest of wins but at this point we need results not some world class performances

Key Takeaways

Whoever thought about selling Semedo is very stupid.Dude was great making those forward runs and was really fantastic on the day. We really need Marina of Chelsea as she knows how to make real transfer decisions. Abidal maybe a club legend but being our sporting directories something that doesn't fit him well.

Messi lacked a little bit of match sharpness.Was still OK based on his standards. Fati/Puig and La Masia is the future. We should think to our academy and stop wasting funds buying players.

Arthur was really poor.Vidal was poor but improved greatly in the last 30 minutes.Rakitic continued his improvements.

Lastly,we needa coach that knows what he's doing. This game needed Griezmann and Suarez not starting the 2nd half with Braith and Fati starting in the 2nd half. We needed more energy and that what got us the 3 points

Others' standards rather.

cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Fati and Puig gave me joy.

Fati gave me memories of Neymar.

Puig of Iniesta.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Puig was the man of the match for me. He was the only one who was able to bring the incisiveness Barcelona badly needed. Easily the best midfielder on the show.

We'll see what happens next game, if the coach will still keep him away from the starting line up
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by simiife: 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
I think barca players re encroaching into Suarez space,thereby making it easier for the opponent to defend, how will a midfielder give a defense splitting pass when the middle is choked up,u see them leaving the wing for the fullbacks alone.

Let everyone try and pick a position to play, it open up spaces, u can't choke the middle up and expect to just breeze tru like spirit, u re playing against professionals, not academy players

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kodded(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
homesteady:

Exactly. They all come to Barcelona and become impotent because they have to pass to Messi. It's just so painful.

I just wonder why the management don't have the common sense to see that Messi is not like before. Why will a 33 year old player be saddled with so much responsibility? They are just burning him out and the effect is already showing.

When Ronaldo was past 32, he was already skipping some games, but Messi is playing every single minute of every game.

We need a Coach with balls to come and stop all this rubbish going on.

Barcelona don't need any coach, what Barcelona need is a world class LW like Neymar that can single handledy win you games on his own.

check today game, apart from messi, every other players look average when they are with the ball around the box 18

griezman for example was average again because Messi occupied his favourite position to shoot from outside the box

Suarez on the other hand has passed his prime, his shot is no longer deadly from outside the box and neither is his passing accuracy that suberp

arthur, semendo, Alba, bosquet, Vidal are all average when with the ball withing the box 18, this is because their shots are not threatening neither is their vision for passing great

coincidentally the only midfielder that has attempted more shot on target from outside the box is rakitic, this is because of his long short accuracy ability, that's why you see him getting to the scoring sheet more than any other midfielder in the team.

this is not a rocket science, when a player poses more threat from outside the box, the rest of the team will always pass the ball to him, because the other players in the team don't poses such ability.

if Barca can bring back Neymar or someone that is really comfortable playing from the LW, you will start seeing less of 'pass to Messi', because other players will be passing the ball more to the other attacking threat rather than Messi.

finally, I want you to ask yourself why did 'pass to Messi' begin as soon as Neymar left us
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Puig was the man of the match for me. He was the only one who was able to bring the incisiveness Barcelona badly needed. Easily the best midfielder on the show.

We'll see what happens next game, if the coach will still keep him away from the starting line up

I don't think he should start next game. Should be Busquet,Rakitic,Arthur. Then he and Vidal can enter the game to provide those energy needed to get these goals. Same with Fati. We are really low on rythm and this kind of players are ones that should be brought in to change games
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Adiwana:

I don't think he should start next game. Should be Busquet,Rakitic,Arthur. Then he and Vidal can enter the game to provide those energy needed to get these goals. Same with Fati. We are really low on rythm and this kind of players are ones that should be brought in to change games
Busquets is suspended. Card accumulation
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
kodded:

Barcelona don't need any coach, what Barcelona need is a world class LW like Neymar that can single handledy win you games on his own.

check today game, apart from messi, every other players look average when they are with the ball around the box 18

griezman for example was average again because Messi occupied his favourite position to shoot from outside the box

Suarez on the other hand has passed his prime, his shot is no longer deadly from outside the box and neither is his passing accuracy that suberp

arthur, semendo, Alba, bosquet, Vidal are all average when with the ball withing the box 18, this is because their shots are not threatening neither is their vision for passing great

coincidentally the only midfielder that has attempted more shot on target from outside the box is rakitic, this is because of his long short accuracy ability, that's why you see him getting to the scoring sheet more than any other midfielder in the team.

this is not a rocket science, when a player poses more threat from outside the box, the rest of the team will always pass the ball to him, because the other players in the team don't poses such ability.

if Barca can bring back Neymar or someone that is really comfortable playing from the LW, you will start seeing less of 'pass to Messi', because other players will be passing the ball more to the other attacking threat rather than Messi.

finally, I want you to ask yourself why did 'pass to Messi' begin as soon as Neymar left us

I am a big fan of bringing back Neymar but that isn't what will solve our problems. Look at Fati. He plays highly identical like Neymar with his Neymar-esque movements. He has shown so far that he can step into those shoes. He's not afraid to take on defenders and shoots when he gets the chance.Just needs the right mentor like Neymar himself to be able to be a beast.

Our problems is a structural one that needs to be sorted out. Bad decisions are continuously made at the clubs hierarchy which is affecting us on the field of play. From the bad transfers to media scandals to pass to Messi rubbish which came from Valverde which is what is starting to look like a norm. We need Bart and his gang out of the club so new ideas on how to move on from Messi can be established. Messi should be mentoring Fati and La Masia at this age not carrying this football club
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Busquets is suspended. Card accumulation

Ok,should be Rakitic,Vidal and Arthur. Puig can come in to give us the same energy he gave today
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
toluxe0075:
Messi, Suarez, and Alba are so unfair to Griezmann. This guy will make a good run only for those guys to pretend as if they didn't see him. Setien too is a fool for leaving removing Griezmann while that wasteful Suarez is still playing. I hate this current Barca team.

Abegi

Pass the ball to him and watch how he will pass it backward, you think he’s the only person that can make runs, if everyone starts running and leaves only Messi to create and take shot outside the box, how then will we win games, he should geedifok and make those runs elsewhere
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Adiwana:

Ok,should be Rakitic,Vidal and Arthur. Puig can come in to give us the same energy he gave today
Arthur was awful during the game. He should sit on the bench until he learns how to be a midfielder that offers visions and promises with his ball circulation. Puig didn't have to do much to be an upgrade
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
jpmoriarti:

He was given the motm award
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
homesteady:

That is what hungry youths bring to the game. They just came in and brought in fluidity and movements.
Mehn those 2 are the only bright spots in a very dark season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Arthur was awful during the game. He should sit on the bench until he learns how to be a midfielder that offers visions and promises with his ball circulation. Puig didn't have to do much to be an upgrade

Yeah,he had a bad game tbh but we are clearly lacking options. This are critical times and unless Puig is ready to put in the same performance as tonight for complete 90 minutes,then I think it's better he comes in to give us that extra kick. This would make Arthur sit up and realise that he has competition to put in something better.

Another player that should be starting is Braith. Dude has proven so far that he's energetic and shows hunger on the ball. Everything is not about having world class players. At times this kind of players are needed to complement the team
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 12:12am On Jun 24, 2020
tesppidd:
Fati and Puig gave me joy.

Fati gave me memories of Neymar.

Puig of Iniesta.

He was good today but don't say this again
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 12:15am On Jun 24, 2020
Unlimited22:

Lol. And which person in his right mind would exchange KDB or Bernardo Silva for Arthur?
My point exactly smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 12:18am On Jun 24, 2020
kodded:

Barcelona don't do need any coach, what Barcelona need is a world class LW like Neymar that can single handledy win you games on his own.

One of our major prob you points out
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 12:21am On Jun 24, 2020
This is the result of "Pass to Messi"

No other Barcelona player in the 1st 50!

Today's match not yet updated, Messi is 1st grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 12:39am On Jun 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2020
We need to rest messi in the next game against celta, maybe he can come from the bench if things aren't going our way
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:37am On Jun 24, 2020
funkyjms:

He was good today but don't say this again
It seems you don't understand English language!

I did NOT say "he GIVES me memories of Neymar"

I said "he GAVE me memories of Neymar'

Even your comment concurs with what I said.

He was good tonight as he gave me memories of Neymar. Simple stuff!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 6:42am On Jun 24, 2020
We have all been focusing in how bad the team has been since resumption but one fact remains that the team is yet to concede a goal.

G 4
W 3
GF 7
GA O

Not all bad if you ask me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
We have all been focusing in how bad the team has been since resumption but one fact remains that the team is yet to concede a goal.

G 4
W 3
GF 7
GA O

Not all bad if you ask me.
Not all.

There are certain people whose only job is to criticize.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:04am On Jun 24, 2020
tesppidd:
Not all.

There are certain people whose only job is to criticize.
Yeah someone like Debroslink.

He only visits the thread on occasions when the team drops points to justify and continue his #PassToMessi tirade. Like are we supposed to throw Messi away, so the players won't pass ball to him or something?

He's got a point though. Other players are supposed to take and assume more responsibility on the field but dude is now overkilling it. Everything he says is now a cliché!

Remarkably, you don't see him around this thread whenever the team manages to grab all 3 points. You begin to wonder if he wishes the team goes down, so he can feel justified?

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:
We need to rest messi in the next game against celta, maybe he can come from the bench if things aren't going our way
Rest Messi away to Celta?

Una don come again?

grin

These are the next games;

Celta A
Athletico H
Villareal A
Espanyol H

The earliest we can rest Messi is at home to Espanyol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Yeah someone like Debroslink.

He only visits the thread on occasions when the team drops points to justify and continue his #PassToMessi tirade. Like are we supposed to throw Messi away, so the players won't pass ball to him or something?

He's got a point though. Other players are supposed to take and assume more responsibility on the field but dude is now overkilling it. Everything he says is now a cliché!

Remarkably, you don't see him around this thread whenever the team manages to grab all 3 points. You begin to wonder if he wishes the team goes down, so he can feel justified?
lol. Go easy on Debros.

That's why i loved Dembele.

He ain't no Neymar but he's the closest.

Dembele makes his runs and sometimes ignores Messi sef, pulls defenders out of their shape.

That's the kind of player we need.

Fati is not bad but he needs consistency.

Personally i don't like to criticize the team too much.

People have no idea how difficult it is to play against a top team who decide to leave 6 or 7 men around the box and play on the counter.
It is very difficult. Like last night.

Its getting to 10 years and we have not found a solution to that problem.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2020
tesppidd:
lol. Go easy on Debros.

That's why i loved Dembele.

He ain't no Neymar but he's the closest.

Dembele makes his runs and sometimes ignores Messi sef, pulls defenders out of their shape.

That's the kind of player we need.

Fati is not bad but he needs consistency.

Personally i don't like to criticize the team too much.

People have no idea how difficult it is to play against a top team who decide to leave 6 or 7 men around the box and play on the counter.
It is very difficult. Like last night.

Its getting to 10 years and we have not found a solution to that problem.
Dembele is horribly inconsistent. That's what constant injuries can do to a player. I think Barcelona should cut their losses, sell him and move on.

Park the bus team? The only way we can break this is to get players who are able to move the ball quickly and with precision, in the final third.

Arthur was supposed to be an answer to this but dude has been very ponderous and ineffective. On account of what I saw yesterday, I don't know what we're going lose if he was sold to Juve.

On the other hand, however, Ruig Puig was bright and lively when he was brought on. He gave Barcelona the precision that was missing. Holes and gaps begun to emerge from the once staunch Bilbao defence.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:36am On Jun 24, 2020
By the way, how did we not start the day like this;

Happy 33rd birthday to D10S.

Congratulations to Andreas Lionel Messi.

May you live until you're 100 and May you give Barca another 10 good years.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday GOATessi. cool

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2020
Happy Birthday Leo Messi!

So sad Barca hadn't taken full advantage of Messi's best years to win as many UCL as possible.

A return of 1 trophy in the last five years is simply not good enough considering we have GOAT on our side.

Sometimes, it feels like we missed huge opportunity to stamp our authority on Spanish and European Football. Yes, we dominated locally but it would have been more balanced if this dominance translated to more European Championships.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Happy Birthday Leo Messi!

So sad Barca hadn't taken full advantage of Messi's best years to win as many UCL as possible.

A return of 1 trophy in the last five years is simply not good enough considering we have GOAT on our side.

Sometimes, it feels like we missed huge opportunity to stamp our authority on Spanish and European Football. Yes, we dominated locally but it would have been more balanced if this dominance translated to more European Championships.

It's because of one Ronaldo who was actually better during that period and was more dominant in Europe

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2020
Would you rather let Messi get injured in the next game ,
knowing Messi had played full 90 minutes in the last four games with just 3 days interval between them and he is 33 today, we need to be managing his game time, to avoid burn-out
and out of the next 3 games celta is the easiest, why not start Fati, Griezzman and Suarez and see how the games goes,
if result ain't going our way, we sub in Messi.
Btw, Happy Birthday to the GREATEST OF ALL TIME- LIONEL ANDRES MESSI CUCCITTINI
tesppidd:
Rest Messi away to Celta?

Una don come again?

grin

These are the next games;

Celta A
Athletico H
Villareal A
Espanyol H

The earliest we can rest Messi is at home to Espanyol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4002) (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.