Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4625107 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (6207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:
Would you rather let Messi get injured in the next game ,
knowing Messi had played full 90 minutes in the last four games with just 3 days interval between them and he is 33 today, we need to be managing his game time, to avoid burn-out
and out of the next 3 games celta is the easiest, why not start Fati, Griezzman and Suarez and see how the games goes,
if result ain't going our way, we sub in Messi.
Btw, Happy Birthday to the GREATEST OF ALL TIME- LIONEL ANDRES MESSI CUCCITTINI
I get your concerns but

If Messi played over 10 consecutive games when he was 32,
Playing 7 games at 33 won't kill him.

As it is we have already blinked once in the title race, a second blink would be catastrophic.

IMO Messi should play against Celta, Athletico and Villareal; then rest at home to Espanyol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:33am On Jun 24, 2020
pu7pl3:

It's because of one Ronaldo who was actually better during that period and was more dominant in Europe
Nonsense!

A tree does not make a forest.

For every Ronaldo, there was a Gareth Bale who came up with lots of goals at crucial stages. There was a Ramos, who can be a beast on his day. There was a Marcelo, who can be unplayable too. Even the likes of Kroos, Modric etc provided a rock solid foundation for you guyz to have some dominant years in Europe.

The same cannot be said of your achievements in Spain though. A return of a modest 2 league title in over 10 years with all these talks of European dominance, leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't it? shocked shocked grin

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Happy Birthday Leo Messi!

So sad Barca hadn't taken full advantage of Messi's best years to win as many UCL as possible.

A return of 1 trophy in the last five years is simply not good enough considering we have GOAT on our side.

Sometimes, it feels like we missed huge opportunity to stamp our authority on Spanish and European Football. Yes, we dominated locally but it would have been more balanced if this dominance translated to more European Championships.
Couldn't agree more!

His prime was wasted by retiring team mates, incompetent boards, unstable managements.

If you look at the clubs that won the champions league in recent times you find that there were much more major players in actualizing those UCL titles.
But looking at Barca over the past 5 years, relative to Madrid and Liverpool we have been too reliant on Messi alone.

*Look at Liverpool; Salah was the key man but there were major major major players like Mane, Firmino and Van Dyke. When Salah was not playing well the others stepped up.

*Look at Madrid; Ronaldo was the key man but there were major major major players like Ramos, Bale and Modric. When Ronaldo was not playing well the others stepped up.

Trulthfully speaking, Barca really wasted some of Messi's prime years.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Guy
i think debroslink was right
#PassToMessi is real
if you watch yesterday match u would notice how Suarez, vidal and arthur whenever in possession of the ball, they always look to PassToMessi even when he is crowded and when other players like griezzman are in better position to the score or create a chance
jpmoriarti:
Yeah someone like Debroslink.

He only visits the thread on occasions when the team drops points to justify and continue his #PassToMessi tirade. Like are we supposed to throw Messi away, so the players won't pass ball to him or something?

He's got a point though. Other players are supposed to take and assume more responsibility on the field but dude is now overkilling it. Everything he says is now a cliché!

Remarkably, you don't see him around this thread whenever the team manages to grab all 3 points. You begin to wonder if he wishes the team goes down, so he can feel justified?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2020
tesppidd:
Couldn't agree more!

His prime was wasted by retiring team mates, incompetent boards, unstable managements.

If you look at the clubs that won the champions league in recent times you find that there were much more major players in actualizing those UCL titles.
But looking at Barca over the past 5 years, relative to Madrid and Liverpool we have been too reliant on Messi alone.

Look at Liverpool; Salah was the key man but there were major major major players like Mane, Firmino and Van Dyke.

Look at Madrid; Ronaldo was the key man but there were major major major players like Ramos, Bale and Modric.

Trulthfully speaking, Barca really wasted some of Messi's prime years.
The level at which we are accumulating expensive flops is really worrisome. Coutinho, Dembele, and now Greziemann has all been players destined for big things at Barca, with big investment to butt. But all have spectacularly, flattered to deceive. Greziemann continues to look like a shadow of his former self. Remarkably, all efforts to get Messi competent playing partners seems to be exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:
Guy
i think debroslink was right
#PassToMessi is real
if you watch yesterday match u would notice how Suarez, vidal and arthur whenever in possession of the ball, they always look to PassToMessi even when he is crowded and when other players like griezzman are in better position to the score or create a chance
Nonsense!

When you have players who are unable to take responsibility, it is easy to see that other players who seem more responsible will get more passes.

When Puig came on, did you see how he was running the show, creating spaces and looking to accept more passes. Why did you think he got way more passes than the ineffective Grezimann, who was just floating in and out of the game?

It is even common sense to pass to Messi because from what we can see, he's the only one seemingly capable of doing anything meaningful with the ball, even when crowded. Grezimann will just look to pass the ball back to someone where the risk of losing possession is low. That's not the spirit we want in the team. We want adventurous spirit, one willing to take risks and damn the consequences.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2020
I think you are wrong,
that was before the pandemic, where Messi was playing a game/week, now,He had been playing a game every 3 days ,if not manage properly could lead to burn-out, so I would rather messi rest against Celta then play the Atletico and villareal games which are very crucial.
tesppidd:
I get your concerns but
If Messi played over 10 consecutive games when he was 32,
Playing 7 games at 33 won't kill him.

I think we have enough talent in our squad to see off Celta vigo , and i am sure Madridshit would drop point
tesppidd:
As it is we have already blinked once in the title race, a second blink would be catastrophic.

IMO Messi should play against Celta, Athletico and Villareal; then rest at home to Espanyol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense!

When you have players who are unable to take responsibility, it is easy to see that other players who seem more responsible will get more passes.

When Puig came on, did you see how he was running the show, creating spaces and looking to accept more passes. Why did you think he got way more passes than the ineffective Grezimann, who was just floating in and out of the game?

It is even common sense to pass to Messi because from what we can see, he's the only one seemingly capable of doing anything meaningful with the ball, even when crowded. Grezimann will just look to pass the ball back to someone where the risk of losing possession is low. That's not the spirit we want in the team. We want adventurous spirit, one willing to take risks and damn the consequences.
You're right.

I noticed one moment when Messi had the ball and Puig came running towards him for the ball.

Messi just layed the ball to Puig and practically slowed down and let Puig attack.
Puig got the ball and took the initiative.

Even the commentators commented on it.

Now that was a vote of confidence!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:27am On Jun 24, 2020
You are wrong
we do have players who can take responsibility, the only problem here is lack of trust, there was a lot of time in which Griezmann do make a run into space but was obviously ignored by Suarez, Alba and Vidal
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense!

yeah when Puig came on he didn't join the charade of #passtoMessi
and that is what leads to our only goal
jpmoriarti:
When Puig came on, did you see how he was running the show, creating spaces and looking to accept more passes.

Griezmann was not ineffective but was ignored it is Suarez i would say was ineffective.
jpmoriarti:
Why did you think he got way more passes than the ineffective Grezimann, who was just floating in and out of the game?

Yeah, but not all the time, there was an instance in the match where Messi was crowded and Vidal still tries to pass to Messi even when there were players in a very good position to pass the ball to.
jpmoriarti:
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:

The goal came with a a pass from Messi to Rakitic. I think you're contradicting yourself

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Yeah someone like Debroslink.

He only visits the thread on occasions when the team drops points to justify and continue his #PassToMessi tirade. Like are we supposed to throw Messi away, so the players won't pass ball to him or something?

He's got a point though. Other players are supposed to take and assume more responsibility on the field but dude is now overkilling it. Everything he says is now a cliché!

Remarkably, you don't see him around this thread whenever the team manages to grab all 3 points. You begin to wonder if he wishes the team goes down, so he can feel justified?

Ogbeni hold it right there. If players become self-reliant, and Messi scores just 20 goals per season while we win treble, he will still win Balon d or. Why? Because he's the GOAT.

When I attack #PASSTOMESSI tactics, I am attacking the institution called FC Barcelona for destroying careers and building all the attacks on just Messi.

The foolish tactics has failed in key matches against decent teams especially when we are away. And if you are angry because I'm speaking against our style of play, then...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:
You are wrong
we do have players who can take responsibility, the only problem here is lack of trust, there was a lot of time in which Griezmann do make a run into space but was obviously ignored by Suarez, Alba and Vidal

Griezmann was not ineffective but was ignored it is Suarez i would say was ineffective.

Yeah, but not all the time, there was an instance in the match where Messi was crowded and Vidal still tries to pass to Messi even when there were players in a very good position to pass the ball to.

You dey watch ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Debroslink:

Ogbeni hold it right there. If Messi scores a hattrick, I see it as a normal thing. And mind you, if Messi scores just 20 goals per season while we win treble, he will still win Balon d or. Why? Because he's the GOAT.

When I attack #PASSTOMESSI tactics, I am attacking the institution called FC Barcelona for destroying careers and building all the attacks on just Messi.

The foolish tactics has failed in key matches against decent teams especially when we are away. And if you are angry because I'm speaking against our style of play, then...
Your penchant for only showing up here to resurrect your #PassToMessi tactics stories, only when the team drops point, is very notable.

This institution you are attacking has spent over 300million euros to bring world class players like Coutinho, Dembele, and recently Grezimann, so our over-dependence on Messi can be checked at least. But what does these players bring to the table when they arrive? Lackluster performances, lack of fitness due to injury, inability to stand up and be counted. Everyone of them withdraws into their shell like snail and hoping Messi will always save the day as he would mostly do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:
You are wrong

You said lack of trust? I will tell you that trust is earned. You have to show your abilities before someone can trust you with passes. If you are the one always ponderous in possession, not knowing what to do with the ball whenever you receive it, it is more likely that you will receive less passes. If you are not making better movement off the ball, it is also more likely you wont get key passes. You have to always be in perfect sync with your teammates.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Debroslink:

Ogbeni hold it right there. If players become self-reliant, and Messi scores just 20 goals per season while we win treble, he will still win Balon d or. Why? Because he's the GOAT.

Passtomessi will continue until we have a coach with an understanding of the basics of Tiki-taka. Tiki-taka is only possible with positional play. We cant continue to have Messi drop deep or drift to a central postion when off the ball, and expect not to have other players look out for him. We either revert to him playing as a false 9, flanked by 2 inverted Forwards or stations him permanently on the right wing. He has the skill sets to play either centrally or on the right. Every player must stay in thier positions while trusting oters to know what to do on and off the ball. Its simple!

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense!

A tree does not make a forest.

For every Ronaldo, there was a Gareth Bale who came up with lots of goals at crucial stages. There was a Ramos, who can be a beast on his day. There was a Marcelo, who can be unplayable too. Even the likes of Kroos, Modric etc provided a rock solid foundation for you guyz to have some dominant years in Europe.

The same cannot be said of your achievements in Spain though. A return of a modest 2 league title in over 10 years with all these talks of European dominance, leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't it? shocked shocked grin

Nope, it doesnt...we still have more league titles than the measley amount y'all have managed to stack up in that 10 years while also being more dominant in Europe...

This your rant reeks of insecurity and jealousy grin grin..all those players you named were vital yes but you were talking lamenting about Messi and his "dominance" and I brought up the only reason why he wasn't even dominant in the first place..

Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Setien is a fan cruyff undecidedand i think we have to evolve from tiki-taka
Mcleo007:

Passtomessi will continue until we have a coach with an understanding of the basics of Tiki-taka. Tiki-taka is only possible with positional play. We cant continue to have Messi drop deep or drift to a central postion when off the ball, and expect not to have other players look out for him. We either revert to him playing as a false 9, flanked by 2 inverted Forwards or stations him permanently on the right wing. He has the skill sets to play either centrally or on the right. Every player must stay in thier positions while trusting oters to know what to do on and off the ball. Its simple!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
So barca want to sell Arthur shocked

Juventus have agreed a £72.5million deal to land Barcelona midfielder Arthur which could end their pursuit of Chelsea star Jorginho, according to reports.

But why?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
BlueAngel444:
So barca want to sell Arthur shocked

Juventus have agreed a £72.5million deal to land Barcelona midfielder Arthur which could end their pursuit of Chelsea star Jorginho, according to reports.

But why?
I will say let them take him. I dont know exactly what we would miss with his departure.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
I get trying to sell Coutinho for less than half the fee you guys paid for him, is selling Arthur to make run for Coutinho incase no one wants to pay £63m for a player bought for £130m+
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
I will say let them take him. I dont know exactly what we would miss with his departure.
are you being serious now
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
BlueAngel444:
are you being serious now
The only thing i see is that he is young. And so what? Average young player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Herbiedeen(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
#BringBackNeymar
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Herbiedeen(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
do you watch him play @ all??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:

Lol, you obviously don't watch the boy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
gawd you are funny,
Are insinuating that Griezmann don't know what to do with the ball when he has it
Griezmann is a key player for france and was for atletico madrid and had scored 14 goals this season for the club
jpmoriarti:
You said lack of trust? I will tell you that trust is earned. You have to show your abilities before someone can trust you with passes. If you are the one always ponderous in possession, not knowing what to do with the ball whenever you receive it, it is more likely that you will receive less passes.
Griezmann has the best movement off the ball in the squad, but we ain't utilizing it
jpmoriarti:
If you are not making better movement off the ball, it is also more likely you wont get key passes. You have to always be in perfect sync with your teammates.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Wrong
it wasn't a pass from Messi undecided, it was a dribble attempt by Messi, which fell unto the path of Rakitic
But i get ur point though
jpmoriarti:
The goal came with a a pass from Messi to Rakitic. I think you're contradicting yourself

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by simiife: 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mcleo007:

Agreed without reservation, everybody is always drifting to the middle,can't they maintain their position
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ibukzy:

Griezmann has the best movement off the ball in the squad, but we ain't utilizing it
If you're making movements and no one in the team seems to understand what you're doing. What are you going to do? Keep making movements no one understands? It is Greimann who should adapt to the team, not the team changing for him. This is a team sport. Guy always appear lost and out of his depth whenever he's on the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lol, you obviously don't watch the boy
And you do?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Since Griezmann is not fitting into this team for whatever reason,I think we should sell him and bring in Neymar. Sell Arthur and for the love of God,play Coutinho/Puig in the middle of the pack with De Jong and Busquet.Bring in Rodri of Man City to slowly take things over from Busquet. Gilmour of Chelsea is another young kid that'll fit very well into our system and has the system to grow at Barca than Chelsea and snatching him up before he hits 20 could be a long term investment. Start thinking La Masia. We can easily have a very good balance of Experience and youth coming up to shape things up
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2020
jpmoriarti:
And you do?

yea..duh

Anybody who does knows he isn't average and Juve is about to cheat you guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (6207) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.