Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,652 members, 7,854,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? (25433 Views)

Why Did The Bank Remove Opay, Kuda, And Moniepoint From Their Online Banking? / Different Types Of People You Will Meet At The Atm (meme Collections) / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2021
Still praying to be rich
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Humanoid01(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Yes o, they start respecting me, some greet me 10× in a day. I now have so many well wishers and friends, money rule in nigeria
“Well wishers and friends” . Those should be in quote. Over 90% of those people are not really well wishers and true friends.

3 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Opeyemibayonle(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2021
please, anyone that can teach me how to trade cryptocurrency ... I'm interested 08083530183.
https://warriorplus.com/o2/a/w4t50v/0
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Rinoxy: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Keep quiet. Cos you have tens of millions of Naira, you think you're rich? Oga you're comfortable, not rich.
My guy if you don't have at least equivalent of a couple of millions of dollars in the bank or in assets, you're not anywhere near rich.
That 30 million naira you have in the bank won't even buy a low tier bungalow in NYC. Can you look at an online Lamborghini dealership now and order one Urus with the full options? Abi you get a call from your manager about a 100m naira mansion listing in lekki now and pay immediately without seeing the house? If your wife likes a $50k diamond necklace, can you buy it for her?
Your millions of Naira is average yearly income in another country. Convert your net worth to dollars first. Dey well.
Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by OfeAchi: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2021
jchioma:

Why do I have a feeling you are lying? If you had lots of money from crypto coins, and bought a brand new 2020 Highlander, what are you still doing, living in the same compound room?
it's a 2 bedroom apartment. Furthermore, as a prudent man I won't move from this apartment until my building construction is completed.
Or do you expect me to rent an apartment of 10million per annum on the island?
PSS... I bought a brand new car so I won't have to change cars in the next 5 to 6 years tongue

5 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by valarinz: 8:54am On Aug 18, 2021
Omo, NL sweet oo, see as lies dey fly left and right, up and down, even for centre sef grin grin

Imagine a world where you can lie with little or no resistance to your lies...... Nairaland

grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by martyns303(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2021
Kokaine:

Most times when we pray for success, we dont remember to pray against the challenges that come with it.

The most notable of these challenges are feeling of entitlement and envy from friends

The feeling of entitlement is what makes people get angry with you when you do not give them their demands. They come to you for their every needs even up to house rents. And they never understand when you say you dont have. They pick offenses and hold you in contempt.

Envy is something you get surprised with. Its so complex that even the people who have always gorged you on and encouraged you on your chosen path, suddenly get sad when you actually win. They show you everyday how they want to see you win, but suddenly get sad when you actually win. It confuses you, it makes you loose friends and make your heart sink. It makes you value your new circumstances less. Some will actually come to you to say things like this. " kokaine, I'm sorry oh... This is a personal question i want to ask you, how much are you worth, like... Net worth. Account, properties and crypto? What's your net worth "?

A question like that coning from a friend is quite confusing. But you find it safer to downplay everything. To prove to them that you're still human and you still cry over other losses they may not be aware of. Even a song by lucky dube says " behind the mask of a clown lies a trail of tears." They may be seeing what you have physically, but not know what morbid pain you experience from a failed relationship for instance. Or knowing that you can never really tell if your partner loves you. There may be one thing or the other you are striving for. All they see is what you have and use you as a standard for measuring happiness. Some can't wait to see you cry just to console themselves that the rich also cry.

Some praise you endlessly when they dont mean it.

Its quite a wild and wooly world out there. My advice is: if you suddenly advance in your financial circumstances, learn to hide. Learn to maintain a lowkey. Learn not to show off or tell people who shouldn't know. So it doesn't become a challenge to them and make them ungrateful to God for what they have. The evil eye is real. Pray and go lowkey. You will enjoy it more unknown than when you become popular

I have read through all the comments, chances are you are the only one that has actually seen money among all the comments, it’s either that or you are in your 30’s. The knowledge displayed here can only come from experience, if you live in Lagos, we should meet sometime.

9 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Godson32(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2021
Even the Bible said it. Proverbs 14:20, NO ONE LIKES THE POOR, NOT EVEN THEIR NEIGHBOURS, BUT THE RICH HAS MANY FRIENDS.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Philip4564(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2021
TheZebra:
I spent almost my entire life broke, but in 2019, things started getting better and by 2020 my life changed completely. I wouldn't say I was rich, so I'd rather say I became very comfortable. I started looking fresh, people started giving me respect, babes started coming, life was just sweeter than anything I can ever imagine. That was when I knew money rules the world. Money comes with a power that makes you see yourself above everyone, cos you know you can buy anything, pay for anything, do anything... Mehn money good ooo
Hey bro what are you into will you like to share maybe I fit benefit abeg help a broke guy
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Keep quiet. Cos you have tens of millions of Naira, you think you're rich? Oga you're comfortable, not rich.
My guy if you don't have at least equivalent of a couple of millions of dollars in the bank or in assets, you're not anywhere near rich.
That 30 million naira you have in the bank won't even buy a low tier bungalow in NYC. Can you look at an online Lamborghini dealership now and order one Urus with the full options? Abi you get a call from your manager about a 100m naira mansion listing in lekki now and pay immediately without seeing the house? If your wife likes a $50k diamond necklace, can you buy it for her?
Your millions of Naira is average yearly income in another country. Convert your net worth to dollars first. Dey well.
See as you school the guy grin

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by pansophist(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2021
When you have money, people love you for who you are, but if you don't have money, then yea, you'll be hated for who you are grin. And by love, it is not unconditional love o, only Jesus can love you like that. You'll get conditional love where people betray themselves to serve you.

An old man will call you sir, girls you've considered classy will compete for whom to cook seafood Okra soup for you, and afterwards, positioned in the most strategic angles for proper doggin, then you'll realise that heaven and hell is now, and you can actually have your own paradise and seven virgins that the islamist idiots blow themselves up for to enjoy afterlife. Anybody that said money is vanity, slap am. cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Definition of rich is subjective. I don't see anywhere in my post where I claimed that riches is a certain figure or mark.

I said and I quote: "this thread is for rich people..."

Anything otherwise that is derailment. If you don't see yourself as rich but comfortable, you have no business commenting on this thread.

I repeat, how do you guys pass exam if you lack basic logic?
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Maobichek: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2021
yanabasee2:
Yes na...

Get a loan and buy a car now and see how your neighbor will attach a "SIR" to your name ..

And how your family members will begin to include you to important meetings...

Even your church pastor will move you from the ground floor to the pulpit ..

It's a normal thing, people wants to get attached to success and not failure...

I can relate though I don't see myself as someone who is rich, but a whole lot have changed and I thank God for everything.

I vowed not to treat ppl the way I was treated and it has helped me so much, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by jantman(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2021
I know a guy who so much hated me.

Immediately I hammer, I was shocked when he asked me for my cell contact.

I know them all

7 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by orlaglobal234: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2021
DorianD:

Joining Crypto is very easy
Absolutely none
Introducing pi network...In 2009, when Bitcoin was first released, 50 coins could be mined for free every 10 minutes. Most people find it worthless. Now one Bitcoin is $ 43,000. When Litecoin was released in 2011, 100 LTC could be mined for free every day. Most people think it's still worthless. As a result, one Litecoin is above $160. When Ethereum was first released in 2014, 30 ETH could be mined for free every day. Most people still believe that it is worthless, now one Ethereum is worth $ 3000. Why not sign up for pi and mine for free till Dec when it will be launch,pls sign up with the link in my signature and invite code "doriand", use your real name on sign up
How to sign up or join the pi and mine
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Chidera99(m): 10:44am On Aug 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Sure...nobody wants to associate with failure

Success got siblings, relatives and friends

But you see that niggar called failure...he ain't got nobody
Guy I'm always here to read your comments. you too much.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2021
HenryDion:

Definition of rich is subjective. I don't see anywhere in my post where I claimed that riches is a certain figure or mark.

I said and I quote: "this thread is for rich people..."

Anything otherwise that is derailment. If you don't see yourself as rich but comfortable, you have no business commenting on this thread.

I repeat, how do you guys pass exam if you lack basic logic?
Oga no dey disguise. Rich is subjective, true. Besides one can be rich by having a loving Family, many friends or good health. But in this context, it involves money and material possessions.
And in that case, you are not rich if you don't have at least a couple of millions of dollars. That's the standard. You're rich in Naira but poor in dollars. Blame your government for making 2,000 a million naira. All you young folks with a couple thousands of dollars think you're rich. You're comfortable here. Let's them try buy a property in LA with that few millions of naira lmao. Shift

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by AdaAwka1: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2021
NoToPile:

You see that church own ehn,the greatest hypocrites are in the church, very terrible something even in the house of God.

I tell u it's so bad. So obviously people only respect those that have money. Too bad.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by WantsandMore: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Friends acts funny when you starts making money, girls starts buzzing like a bee find honey~Airborne, Loudtrips, that's whn you gotta beware of green snakes tryna perch on ya Greens & Benjamin's.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2021
E be lik say this post na for rich people undecided.
I still dey find money o, I never blow grin grin grin grin.

@OP, the only thing I have noticed so far in my own life is that some associates/friends of mine began giving me more respect since they got to know I got a job. Honestly, while I was
at home jobless, looking for money to travel for job interviews and tests, trying to build my skincare and foodstuffs businesses (which are still struggling) some of these people nor send me cry cry. I felt so out of place and depressed. They felt I was making millions because of my business adverts not knowing I was struggling. The few I begged for loan didn't take me seriously and that was painful. Immediately they began seeing me snapping pictures in my new office, my inbox became flooded. I get messages now, invites to so and so. Some shamelessly ask me for money and I am like shocked shocked shocked. The people that were there for me in those trying times has never asked for a dime, na you wey nor see me as somebody wan come chop. Extended family members are just out of it cause na them worse pass. The ones that told me to go and marry instead of wasting away at home are now expecting me to assist their kids. Na so life be o. I just pray God help me finish paying off my debt so I can finally have peace and focus on starting my side hustles afresh. E nor easy undecided

6 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Anusiemgood(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2021
TheZebra:
I spent almost my entire life broke, but in 2019, things started getting better and by 2020 my life changed completely. I wouldn't say I was rich, so I'd rather say I became very comfortable. I started looking fresh, people started giving me respect, babes started coming, life was just sweeter than anything I can ever imagine. That was when I knew money rules the world. Money comes with a power that makes you see yourself above everyone, cos you know you can buy anything, pay for anything, do anything... Mehn money good ooo
my brother, connect some of us in your line of puisuit....this small salary is not doing anything again.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
See as you school the guy grin
This government just dey favour anyone earning in dollars now. Just having $2k is enough to make one a millionaire here, without knowing Naira is gradually turning into paperweight.
And they think they're rich. Even if I have 200m Naira here, I still don't consider it anywhere rich.
Cos that money isn't that much outside the country to call yourself rich. That money na most white people's retirement fund sef.
Look at this $850k California property. Imagine saying you're rich but your networth of 200 million naira can't even buy this house if you decide to move out grin
I'm not saying Americans are rich, besides they have mortgage for these things.
In summary, most people who think they're rich are Just comfortable with a decent income.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by arthurwillia(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Getrich47:

Okay, sorry sir... take it as a food for thought or whatever. #peaceout

It’s poison
Everyone begs at one point or the other. Peace
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by arthurwillia(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2021
BarrSly:
So disappointing to read this thread and realized that most people’s definition of “becoming rich” is premised on the basis
of their purchase of a car. I went through this thread hoping to see some testimonies of how things changed when people realized their companies net worth doubled or they had a start up which saw massive support and funding..

A car is just a means of conveyance and not a yardstick for determining riches.. I used to think a car was a way of saying I had arrived till I started to travel the world and mingled with business minded persons..

The Blackman and his ways sha grin

You just Dey cap nonsense
Please what’s the yardstick?

Car might not be the only yardstick but it’s definitely part of the yardstick Oga! Why rich man Dey use Range Rover and poor ma dey ride Toyota Corolla rest abeg

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2021
Two sides to the experience . . .you get more respect from people around you, but you also see a lot of your peers avoiding you - especially if you are a bit well off, and also have status (career growth, etc). You would likely experience people declining your invitation to hang out, or even a couple of people who would feebly reach out, and cease communications afterward.

Just money is fine: people tend to believe they are one 'contract' or winning bet away from having money . . . but money and status together are a bit hard to swallow, cos if they are your peers, they are forced to assess their own conditions, probably feel ashamed, and probably loath you for it.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

This government just dey favour anyone earning in dollars now. Just having $2k is enough to make one a millionaire here, without knowing Naira is gradually turning into paperweight.
And they think they're rich. Even if I have 200m Naira here, I still don't consider it anywhere rich.
Cos that money isn't that much outside the country to call yourself rich. That money na most white people's retirement fund sef.
Look at this $850k California property. Imagine saying you're rich but your networth of 200 million naira can't even buy this house if you decide to move out grin
I'm not saying Americans are rich, besides they have mortgage for these things.
In summary, most people who think they're rich are Just comfortable with a decent income.
I fully understand you bro, and I agree without reservation.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2021
arthurwillia:

You just Dey cap nonsense
Please what’s the yardstick?

Car might not be the only yardstick but it’s definitely part of the yardstick Oga! Why rich man Dey use Range Rover and poor ma dey ride Toyota Corolla rest abeg
A poor man in Nigeria can't even afford a Toyota Corolla.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Multiplier7(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I like pyhno’s songs. And I don’t know Phyno personally but if I knew phyno personally, I would have definitely sent him a message because I love his music.

For your comment which I bolded. You definitely missed the part where I said I subscribed to her youtube channel and I watch her YouTube videos and I always like all her videos. Mr I’m supporting her. I don’t know which other support you want me to give her. For the one that married a pastor’s son, there isn’t anyway I can support her at the moment because I don’t know what she does.
I’m happy for them. But I won’t form familiarity because we aren’t that close anymore.

Okwa ya? No wahala sha
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by benqo01(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
That is the power of money....everyone wants to associates themselves with rich people,if you are poor even your brother's will hate you
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by arthurwillia(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
A poor man in Nigeria can't even afford a Toyota Corolla.

Oh oh! Na im person Dey cap say e don travel the whole world
E no see cars wey rich footballers Dey drive
I just Dey laugh
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nisiw365: 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abigarnics01:
E be lik say this post na for rich people undecided.
I still dey find money o, I never blow grin grin grin grin.

@OP, the only thing I have noticed so far in my own life is that some associates/friends of mine began giving me more respect since they got to know I got a job. Honestly, while I was
at home jobless, looking for money to travel for job interviews and tests, trying to build my skincare and foodstuffs businesses (which are still struggling) some of these people nor send me cry cry. I felt so out of place and depressed. They felt I was making millions because of my business adverts not knowing I was struggling. The few I begged for loan didn't take me seriously and that was painful. Immediately they began seeing me snapping pictures in my new office, my inbox became flooded. I get messages now, invites to so and so. Some shamelessly ask me for money and I am like shocked shocked shocked. The people that were there for me in those trying times has never asked for a dime, na you wey nor see me as somebody wan come chop. Extended family members are just out of it cause na them worse pass. The ones that told me to go and marry instead of wasting away at home are now expecting me to assist their kids. Na so life be o. I just pray God help me finish paying off my debt so I can finally have peace and focus on starting my side hustles afresh. E nor easy undecided
Remember when you were searching for job.

Which state are you working now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Executive, Vijaya Gadde Who Banned Trump On Twitter / Recession: EU Advises Nigeria To Devalue Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.