Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,749 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? (25409 Views)

Why Did The Bank Remove Opay, Kuda, And Moniepoint From Their Online Banking? / Different Types Of People You Will Meet At The Atm (meme Collections) / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by wman(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
HenryDion:

Definition of rich is subjective. I don't see anywhere in my post where I claimed that riches is a certain figure or mark.

I said and I quote: "this thread is for rich people..."

Anything otherwise that is derailment. If you don't see yourself as rich but comfortable, you have no business commenting on this thread.

I repeat, how do you guys pass exam if you lack basic logic?

If only rich people were to comment on the thread, the thread would most likely be empty.

You're derailing the thread. Stop policing it. Enjoy and read.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Oga no dey disguise. Rich is subjective, true. Besides one can be rich by having a loving Family, many friends or good health. But in this context, it involves money and material possessions.
And in that case, you are not rich if you don't have at least a couple of millions of dollars. That's the standard. You're rich in Naira but poor in dollars. Blame your government for making 2,000 a million naira. All you young folks with a couple thousands of dollars think you're rich. You're comfortable here. Let's them try buy a property in LA with that few millions of naira lmao. Shift

I'm a millionaire. If I hustle harder, I'll become a multi-millionaire by next year. I'm rich cause I earn more than 80% of Nigerians, going by the rate of employment and minimum wage... What I earn in a month, is a two years salary of millions of folks out there. Not bragging, stating facts!
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
HenryDion:

I'm a millionaire. If I hustle harder, I'll become a multi-millionaire by next year. I'm rich cause I earn more than 80% of Nigerians, going by the rate of employment and minimum wage... What I earn in a month, is a two years salary of millions of folks out there. Not bragging, stating facts!
Glad you've narrowed it down to Nigeria. It gives you a clearer picture of the situation at hand. According to economics and statistics, you need at least 2 million dollars in investable assets to call yourself rich. You may be earning more than 80% of nigerians, but that doesn't mean you're rich. You're still in the comfort category. I have a lot of money, but does that make me rich or a millionaire? Hell no. Our networths in Naira makes us think we're millionaires. We're not bro. Instead, let that motivate you.

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by qtx(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:
Hello Nairalanders!

The attitudes of people towards you tends to change when you become rich , famous or do something incredible. People who don't talk to you become very friendly, everyone suddenly acts like they know you.

Have you ever experienced this??

Sure , but that is if you grow up or stay within a struggling neighbourhood. Trust me....
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Unclesamo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nisiw365:
Remember when you were searching for job.
Which state are you working now?
Chai, see follow-up.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nisiw365: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Unclesamo:

Chai, see follow-up.
Lol always seeing her posts then

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Glad you've narrowed it down to Nigeria. It gives you a clearer picture of the situation at hand. According to economics and statistics, you need at least 2 million dollars in investable assets to call yourself rich. You may be earning more than 80% of nigerians, but that doesn't mean you're rich. You're still in the comfort category. I have a lot of money, but does that make me rich or a millionaire? Hell no. Our networths in Naira makes us think we're millionaires. We're not bro. Instead, let that motivate you.

The point is being 'rich' is subjective. Decades ago a man with a yam tuber farm was considered wealthy. I have more money than I can spend, and so I'm damn rich.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
HenryDion:

The point is being 'rich' is subjective. Decades ago a man with a yam tuber farm was considered wealthy. I have more money than I can spend, and so I'm damn rich.
Cool. I hope we're getting that Gulfstream G550 soon. wink
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by MrbonZ: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kokaine:

Most times when we pray for success, we dont remember to pray against the challenges that come with it.

The most notable of these challenges are feeling of entitlement and envy from friends

The feeling of entitlement is what makes people get angry with you when you do not give them their demands. They come to you for their every needs even up to house rents. And they never understand when you say you dont have. They pick offenses and hold you in contempt.

Envy is something you get surprised with. Its so complex that even the people who have always gorged you on and encouraged you on your chosen path, suddenly get sad when you actually win. They show you everyday how they want to see you win, but suddenly get sad when you actually win. It confuses you, it makes you loose friends and make your heart sink. It makes you value your new circumstances less. Some will actually come to you to say things like this. " kokaine, I'm sorry oh... This is a personal question i want to ask you, how much are you worth, like... Net worth. Account, properties and crypto? What's your net worth "?

A question like that coning from a friend is quite confusing. But you find it safer to downplay everything. To prove to them that you're still human and you still cry over other losses they may not be aware of. Even a song by lucky dube says " behind the mask of a clown lies a trail of tears." They may be seeing what you have physically, but not know what morbid pain you experience from a failed relationship for instance. Or knowing that you can never really tell if your partner loves you. There may be one thing or the other you are striving for. All they see is what you have and use you as a standard for measuring happiness. Some can't wait to see you cry just to console themselves that the rich also cry.

Some praise you endlessly when they dont mean it.

Its quite a wild and wooly world out there. My advice is: if you suddenly advance in your financial circumstances, learn to hide. Learn to maintain a lowkey. Learn not to show off or tell people who shouldn't know. So it doesn't become a challenge to them and make them ungrateful to God for what they have. The evil eye is real. Pray and go lowkey. You will enjoy it more unknown than when you become popular
nice write up, so apt the envy part shocked me the most tbh

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Cool. I hope we're getting that Gulfstream G550 soon. wink

Yes smiley
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by smasher1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:
Hello Nairalanders!

The attitudes of people towards you tends to change when you become rich , famous or do something incredible. People who don't talk to you become very friendly, everyone suddenly acts like they know you.

Have you ever experienced this??

Partially.
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by BarrSly: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2021
Lol I was about taking you serious till I realized you are still looking for the best and cheapest route in Lagos.. no wonder you put Corolla and Range Rover in the same comparison category.

arthurwillia:

You just Dey cap nonsense
Please what’s the yardstick?

Car might not be the only yardstick but it’s definitely part of the yardstick Oga! Why rich man Dey use Range Rover and poor ma dey ride Toyota Corolla rest abeg
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by mommaJ(f): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2021
Hmm. I read through all the comments on this thread. Don't know what I was looking for though. Maybe to feel encouraged or to feel worse for not being "there" with those who already made it yet. Either way, I can't say how I feel now. Not like I don't hustle oo ehn God. I even saw a comment about making more than he can spend. Just now, come and see embarrassment because of rent. Let me just stop, don't know if I made sense sef
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by arthurwillia(m): 11:12am On Aug 19, 2021
BarrSly:
Lol I was about taking you serious till I realized you are still looking for the best and cheapest route in Lagos.. no wonder you put Corolla and Range Rover in the same comparison category.

Lol ode what has that got to do with your thinking of cars not a yardstick of rich and poor, you lack insights anu mpama
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by luvlyoracle(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
OfeAchi:
Of course it did change.
I remember last year when I had no car and was constantly trekking from Gbagada to Alausa. Nobody send me. Nobody greets me. I have two female youth corpers living in same compound with me but they treat me like a leper. cry
However, as the universe favoured me and I made millions of money from crypto coins, I bought a brand new 2020 Highlander. If you see they way people worship me now sad shocked
Can you believe these corper girls now compete on who would cook soups and stews for me ?? It's very funny. cheesy
To cut long story short, I have been able to diick these girls on several occasions...
Now my pastor wife is in the habit checking up on me regularly... (This was after I made a generous donation to their ministry)
bro pls is there accomodation for rent around that area?
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by nairamaniac: 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
martyns303:

I have read through all the comments, chances are you are the only one that has actually seen money among all the comments, it’s either that or you are in your 30’s. The knowledge displayed here can only come from experience, if you live in Lagos, we should meet sometime.

Kokaine, this seems like the kind of people you were talking about o.

He wants to meet you in Lagos as it's confirmed you have money.

grin

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by CavemanDefuturo: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hmmm...lawd, I want to have this experience...Baba Ejoor..pick my call cry
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Kokaine(m): 12:56am On Aug 22, 2021
nairamaniac:

Kokaine, this seems like the kind of people you were talking about o.

He wants to meet you in Lagos as it's confirmed you have money.

grin
Loool. Where I see money?
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by nairamaniac: 5:00am On Aug 22, 2021
Kokaine:

Loool. Where I see money?
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by bilo1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
Words on marble Sir,I had to login to respond to you.What you wrote is very deep and an embodiment of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Did The Attitude Of People Towards You Change When You Became Rich? by Ginomel(m): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
PotatoSalad:

I have been struggling to understand your argument . Sorry you sound so inscrutable.

Riches is relative. Material things are not measure of wealth. It depends on angle riches is judged from.

One could have 5million naira in his account with a modest bungalow and he would be far far richer than another person with assets worth over 500 million naira. It's about state of the mind.

Reason in this direction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Imposes Limits, Penalty On Cash Transactions, Again! / Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / Register And Incorporate Your Business Entities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.