Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520654 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:42am On May 02, 2015
febbymi:
Grimm sucks, endured the first 5 episodes and just gave up. On to walking dead, hope I won't be disappointed
Lol!! First 5 episodes? The first 10 episodes sucked till the 11th episode..But from the 12th Episode, the series became tha bomb..they never looked back!!
You should have exercised more patience!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:43am On May 02, 2015
Mcleo007:

Your definition of "crap" must surely have a whole new meaning.
So u dey touch down this side oga?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:46am On May 02, 2015
aliondo:
please,any suggestions or recommendations for interesting gang star related series(like GANG RELATED,POWER etc)......Also will like to enquire about BLACKLIST before i start downloading,tanx
BLACKLIST!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55am On May 02, 2015
Bawss1:
^
So I finally finished watching season 2 of The Newsroom. It was very well done(witty dialogues, great storyline and acting) but my issue with it was the realism angle. As with the first season I found it hard to believe that all those intelligent characters would be given to periodic outbursts of loud emotions. All those shouting matches in the office struck me as unreal. How did you get past that?

Anyway will slowly burn through the third and final season.

I see you haven't been able to get past the occasional screaming contest between the lead characters, Lolz. But you should do very well to remember that when you step into a news studio, you step into another dimension altogether. Regular rules no longer apply. Take for instance, there is one well known news anchor from NBC that was notorious for his antics, one of many being reading the news with no pants! Realistic?

Okay, let's go to Canada. There is a Web news service founded in 2001, that dubbed themselves Naaked News. Just like the name implied, the journalist, true to form, do their newscasting which includes weather forecasting in complete nuude. Realistic? In the news world, the term "Realism" has a broader spectrum, my friend.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:01am On May 02, 2015
aliondo:
please,any suggestions or recommendations for interesting gang star related series(like GANG RELATED,POWER etc)......Also will like to enquire about BLACKLIST before i start downloading,tanx

-The Sopranos
-Boardwalk Empire
-The Wire
-Graceland
-Banshee
-Justified

The Blacklist is okay, especially the first season. Kind of at crossroads in regards to the 2nd season however.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:46am On May 02, 2015
THE MESSENGERS
SALEM(S2)..

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donhils: 8:36am On May 02, 2015
koice:

I judge most shows based on 3 criteria, which are: Language (Dialogue), Authenticity (Realism), and Content.

What did all those Shows I outlined earlier have in common? They are censored. When it comes to language, there is no cussing, the dialogues are too polished to be natural which brings us to Authenticity. Too much drama. Everyday life is not that fantastic in real life, believe me. The contents are too censored. You don't get to hear outrageous and controversial things like "fvck" that make shows from HBO and Showtime stand out from the rest. Also sometimes, you get the feeling that the writers of ABC shows are lazy, based on the predictable nature of their scripts. I mean, more than half of the time, one can practically predict the direction a plot's gonna take even before it does.

When you put all these things into consideration, well, only a biased mind would not agree with me that ABC Programming need some serious upgrade.
You know all these things and you haven't started producing even short stories on TV? Crap Crap Crap, guess you learnt that word newly.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On May 02, 2015
Dude, you don't have to quote me, you know? You don't like my opinion, then you'd have been better served by holding your peace. I don't argue with fvcking amateurs.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 11:02am On May 02, 2015
kazzonline:
Link to download scandal s4 e21 that aired yesternight pls? All the sites dont seem to hav it, anyone seen it yet??

Turns out scandal didnt air on april 30th due to grey's anatomy, but it was originally suppose to air on april 30th,the descision was a last minute thingy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 03, 2015
Black Sails Season 2. Way better than season one.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FKO1(m): 5:34pm On May 03, 2015
koice:

-Scandal : Crap

What's crappy about "Scandal"? Sometimes you can " misyarn " just admit u are a schonda hater grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 03, 2015
FKO1:

What's crappy about "Scandal"? Sometimes you can " misyarn " just admit u are a schonda hater grin

Okay, you got me. That lady's a drama queen. Too much drama for one person, abeg. Don't even get me started on her cliffhangers! Or the way her characters always tend be amoral. Or the ruthless way she kills off beloved characters as if they are nothing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:31pm On May 03, 2015
Sequestered.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OohMpa: 11:10pm On May 03, 2015
Empire is shittttttt angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 11:29pm On May 03, 2015
OohMpa:

Yeah it wud be shit to u na when it is not african magic!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OohMpa: 11:36pm On May 03, 2015
kazzonline:

Yeah it wud be shit to u na when it is not african magic!

The thing sef dey like African magic

That Cookie dey do like Patience Ozokwor, Andre like Jim Iyke and Hakeem like Majid Michel

Summary: It's average at best but below the hype on it angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FKO1(m): 11:56pm On May 03, 2015
koice:

Okay, you got me. That lady's a drama queen. Too much drama for one person, abeg. Don't even get me started on her cliffhangers! Or the way her characters always tend be amoral. Or the ruthless way she kills off beloved characters as if they are nothing.
@ bolded.. . That's why I like her.. . No favourism. ..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FKO1(m): 11:57pm On May 03, 2015
Tomorrow people is joke.. .. Its just like a Nollywood movie with white characters ... Back to suits jawe
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:43am On May 04, 2015
FKO1:
@ bolded.. . That's why I like her.. . No favourism. ..

Well, she over-does it sometimes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 9:36am On May 04, 2015
OohMpa:

That Cookie dey do like Patience Ozokwor, Andre like Jim Iyke and Hakeem like Majid Michel

Well not everyone would appreciate good tv, for you to compare cookie to patience ozokwor and lucious to jym iyke, there is no point in arguing with you anymore, a tv series that rates over 8 on a scale of 10 and 80 percent on rotten tomatoes,and everyone claiming its dope+ the dope and tight music tracks they made esp just for the tv series,as i said earlier the way you comprehend the story line is diff from what you normally see on afrincan magic,so its not your fault.when you watch african magic movies/tv series the onky soundtrack you hear are those from sean paul, celiene dion and 50cent so you are used to such stuffs, i can go on and on but amma just stop here.
I watch african magic too and i enjoy tinsel alot asides from that the rest is crap!!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 9:37am On May 04, 2015
FKO1:
Tomorrow people is joke.. .. Its just like a Nollywood movie with white characters ... Back to suits jawe

Suits is dope bro, you would enjoy it, waiting on season 5!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On May 04, 2015
OohMpa:

Concurred @the bold.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:33am On May 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Well not everyone would appreciate good tv, for you to compare cookie to patience ozokwor and lucious to jym iyke, there is no point in arguing with you anymore, a tv series that rates over 8 on a scale of 10 and 80 percent on rotten tomatoes, and everyone claiming its dope + the dope and tight music tracks they made esp just for the tv series,as i said earlier the way you comprehend the story line is diff from what you normally see on afrincan magic,so its not your fault.when you watch african magic movies/tv series the onky soundtrack you hear are those from sean paul, celiene dion and 50cent so you are used to such stuffs, i can go on and on but amma just stop here.
I watch african magic too and i enjoy tinsel alot asides from that the rest is crap!!!!

Speak for yourself, man. Empire is a "nice show", and. that's exactly what's wrong with it. It's too nice. For someone that had watched The Wire, Treme and Soul Food, I gotta tell you, the characters on Empire seldom act black. The music were great, but the dialogues... meh. Basically, Empire is a glorified soap.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OohMpa: 10:48am On May 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Well not everyone would appreciate good tv, for you to compare cookie to patience ozokwor and lucious to jym iyke, there is no point in arguing with you anymore, a tv series that rates over 8 on a scale of 10 and 80 percent on rotten tomatoes,and everyone claiming its dope+ the dope and tight music tracks they made esp just for the tv series,as i said earlier the way you comprehend the story line is diff from what you normally see on afrincan magic,so its not your fault.when you watch african magic movies/tv series the onky soundtrack you hear are those from sean paul, celiene dion and 50cent so you are used to such stuffs, i can go on and on but amma just stop here.

Lol. Ooh Mpa think say you get strong points

Most tv series are rated high by imdb and rotten tomatoes. Empire is no exception. The series even scored 8.2 in its first season, that one na problem. Arrow started at 8.7, Vampire diaries at 8.9, even teen wolf scored high grin Ooh Mpa can bet his future big batty side chick that the Fox show would go below 8 next year

You're deceived by the music and Jamal's voice. Watch the story line, the acting, the numerous plot holes, the unnecessary scenes and so on. Even Naomi Campbell was better than Taraji undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2015
FKO1:
Tomorrow people is cool abeg, maybe u are not a fan of Sci fi series.
BTW it has been cancelled.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2015
OohMpa:

Did u just say Empire is poo? pls take a seat #smh
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:43pm On May 04, 2015
Chosen.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 2:35pm On May 04, 2015
cao:
Chosen.
How market?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 3:01pm On May 04, 2015
koice:

Speak for yourself, man. Empire is a "nice show", and. that's exactly what's wrong with it. It's too nice. For someone that had watched The Wire, Treme and Soul Food, I gotta tell you, the characters on Empire seldom act black. The music were great, but the dialogues... meh. Basically, Empire is a glorified soap.

Hisssss!!! I spoke for my self and almost erry one on twitter and facebook and even on nairaland screaming empire is dope and drugs, the problem with you koice is that you criticize too much, you were the same person saying scandal isnt a great tv show as well also, because the dialogue was too polished,same as empire you dey complain about dialougue,na wa for u na broken english you want mk dem dey yarn?so there is no point arguing with you, with the impressive reviews this said tv shows are getting you just come and drop you biased review and view on them so i hisss once again, you saying a show is too nice and the cast dont act black, lets start with cookie, how ghetto do you want her to be again, she acted black to the core,back to lucious lyon and the rest, this guys are rich, they are potraying the life of rich black peeps, hence all the swags i wonder how black you want them to act again. Kindly come in and explain!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
Alfred234:

Did u just say Empire is poo? pls take a seat #smh

Abeg help me ask dem oo dem say empire is an average show, i wonder what a great tv show would be like?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 3:12pm On May 04, 2015
OohMpa:

Lol. Ooh Mpa think say you get strong points

Most tv series are rated high by imdb and rotten tomatoes. Empire is no exception. The series even scored 8.2 in its first season, that one na problem. Arrow started at 8.7, Vampire diaries at 8.9, even teen wolf scored high grin Ooh Mpa can bet his future big batty side chick that the Fox show would go below 8 next year

You're deceived by the music and Jamal's voice. Watch the story line, the acting, the numerous plot holes, the unnecessary scenes and so on. Even Naomi Campbell was better than Taraji undecided

Hahahaaa naomi campbell better than tariaji p henson, guy you must be so high, so very high, this is the first tv series i would see naomi on, and tariaji is an actress 247,for you to say she was better then you are so drunk and high, you dont know what acting is at alll. Naomi cant act half of what taraji did on empire, with all the razzness, been loud, even to the way she spoke, she put in all her best for the cookie character which naomi nor ever fit do for her life,remb naomi has one kind of british accent like that,
As well on the issue of ratings you shot your self in the foot already, what the second and the remainjng seasons to come would rate no one knows so we just hav to wait and see, it is still in its first season and the ratings are impressive!

Also that an been decieved by jamals voice and the tv series soundtrack, yes i would admit, as a lover of music the songs made on the tv shows are imprresive.. But for you to say the show is on average, you got it all wrong!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
philfearon:

How market?
I dey-o, just relaxing. You?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m), a4turitoroman, phr0nesis(m), RonuMiscreant and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.