Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520626 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bigblangston: 8:37pm On May 09, 2015
koice:

Gee, thanks! @the bold, well, I do tend to be very picky when it comes to TV series. I look out for certain things in a show before I can fully invest, most especially the realism aspect. Now, Empire doesn't quite stack up the standard I would expect from an hip-hop themed drama series. For one, the characters don't speak hip-hop. The music ain't really hip-hop in the real sense either. The plotholes were far too many to be ignored. Weak script. In fact, I got the sense that I was watching a South African Soap on Mnet the first and only time I watched Empire.

Anyhoo, I don't think I'd ever overhyped a sub-par show before. Can you give me a list, please?
Lolzzz,so funny. Dat south african soap on Mnet nailed d tv show, thank God I had watched d shw and u r even puttin me off d second season sef but I refused to be convinced abt d shw though u ve a point most especially d hiphop song part though I don't think d song itself really centres on it been hiphop because oda genres were also performed,it's nice hearin ur own view abt d shw once again. But d substandard shws u hyped then I really can't recall nw bt u will still pay for d MB used in downloading dem
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30am On May 10, 2015
bigblangston:
But d substandard shws u hyped then I really can't recall nw bt u will still pay for d MB used in downloading dem
Pele gringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:31pm On May 10, 2015
Kaycee7:
Fish's reaction to Maroni calling her babez is most likely goin to be Cao's reaction to all these guys dat be lyk babe, princess, sweetie.
I've to catch up on Gotham at some point, some male NLers got me feeling like unleashing my inner Fish Mooney/Joker/Evil Queen/Samuel L. Jackson/BAMF on them...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
cao:

I've to catch up on Gotham at some point, some male NLers got me feeling like unleashing my inner Fish Mooney/Joker/Evil Queen/Samuel L. Jackson/BAMF on them...
BAMF?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:39pm On May 10, 2015
Kaycee7:
BAMF?
Badass motherf***er.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by funlord(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2015
grin "family guy" season 16 for laffs and "ray donovan" season 2 for drama! Hustling to see the "entourage movie and zoolander 2" soon though!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 10, 2015
SirChotas:
Hannibal Season 2! Lord of the heavens!!!
wen is it coming out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 1:37am On May 11, 2015
funlord:
grin "family guy" season 16 for laffs and "ray donovan" season 2 for drama! Hustling to see the "entourage movie and zoolander 2" soon though!
Oga...Season 16 ke

They are on season 13 na... undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by funlord(m): 1:47am On May 11, 2015
dljbd1:

Oga...Season 16 ke

They are on season 13 na... undecided
na error oh chief! Since 1999 na 13yrs! Lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Natasha247(m): 2:59am On May 11, 2015
Watching Orange is the New black
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by funlord(m): 10:35am On May 11, 2015
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:01pm On May 11, 2015
Finally catching up on episode 21 and 22 of Arrow.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by traware(m): 12:20pm On May 11, 2015
koice:

Gee, thanks! @the bold, well, I do tend to be very picky when it comes to TV series. I look out for certain things in a show before I can fully invest, most especially the realism aspect. Now, Empire doesn't quite stack up the standard I would expect from an hip-hop themed drama series. For one, the characters don't speak hip-hop. The music ain't really hip-hop in the real sense either. The plotholes were far too many to be ignored. Weak script. In fact, I got the sense that I was watching a South African Soap on Mnet the first and only time I watched Empire.

Anyhoo, I don't think I'd ever overhyped a sub-par show before. Can you give me a list, please?
Its a pity Empire was picked up by a rating obsessed network like FOX.It would have been a perfect 'slow burner' on either AMC or Showtime instead of the overly fast paced,shock value inspiring hot mess the first season is.2 years from now when the ratings for the show begin to plummet because of more silly storylines,FOX will surely bin this twitter hyped 'hip hopera'
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:00pm On May 11, 2015
The Mysteries of Laura. I'm honestly surprised this got renewed, it will probably get cancelled next season with its reduced order and the retooling, but who knows stranger things have happened on US telly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 11, 2015
traware:
Its a pity Empire was picked up by a rating obsessed network like FOX.It would have been a perfect 'slow burner' on either AMC or Showtime instead of the overly fast paced,shock value inspiring hot mess the first season is.2 years from now when the ratings for the show begin to plummet because of more silly storylines,FOX will surely bin this twitter hyped 'hip hopera'

Yup, Pay cable giants like Showtime or HBO would have been quite ideal for "Empire", alas, we now have to watch FOX slowly destroy a show that had a potential to go toe to toe with "Treme."
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 12:59pm On May 12, 2015
Am glad the messengers got cancelled,stupid tv show but am sad they didnt renew one big happy,that show had potentials,also am glad person of interest is returning and so it undateable.big bnd theory got renewed for 2 more seasons,damn chuck lorre na wizard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2015
kazzonline:
Am glad the messengers got cancelled,stupid tv show but am sad they didnt renew one big happy,that show had potentials,also am glad person of interest is returning and so it undateable.big bnd theory got renewed for 2 more seasons,damn chuck lorre na wizard
For real?
Thank God....it episode 3 sucks so much I could feel it on my taste buds. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 12, 2015
Survivor's remorse S1 E1............looking good so far
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:19pm On May 12, 2015
Still catching up on almost 2 months worth of Question Time...the more I keep watching this, the more surprised I'm that the Conservatives won the general elections.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 10:39pm On May 12, 2015
This CW people are so wack they renewed Izombie and cancelled The messengers... I would pick The messengers over Izombie any day The CW have lost their minds.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2015
naijababe:
Survivor's remorse S1 E1............looking good so far

So good, I lmaoing my ar5e out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 12, 2015
Revenge finale! Gonna miss Emily sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 12:08am On May 13, 2015
Alfred234:
This CW people are so wack they renewed Izombie and cancelled The messengers... I would pick The messengers over Izombie any day The CW have lost their minds.

Am surprised izombies got renewed as well but very glad messengers got cancelled still.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 13, 2015
Firefly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2015
Just through with "The Goldbergs". loved every minute!! That Erica gal pretty gan oo
Glad dey cancelled d Messengers,it sucked so bad I had to weep for the lame ass producer who tot it up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Revenge finale! Gonna miss Emily sad

Na you get patience pass o! I gave up half way into S3, 5hit was going nowhere
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
naijababe:

Lol. I kinda ejoyed the storyline. Besides i kept watching coz of Emily herself. She's cool. Its shows like TVD and Supernatural etc. dat should 've been cancelled ages ago
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:35pm On May 13, 2015
koice:
Firefly.
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the skies from me.

**fiddles imaginary violin** **snaps out of it**

Anywho, about to tuck into the season finale of Agents of SHIELD.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 9:04pm On May 13, 2015
naijababe:

Actually,Season 1-3 was epic ... 4 was overstaying the welcome....
Glad they ended it before it got out of hand
take note TVD
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 13, 2015
cao:

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the skies from me.

**fiddles imaginary violin** **snaps out of it*.

The movie "Serenity" introduced me to this epic but short-lived series. More apt name for it should have been Cowboys in Space, lolz.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:26pm On May 13, 2015
koice:

The movie "Serenity" introduced me to this epic but short-lived series. More apt name for it should have been Cowboys in Space, lolz.
Same here, I actually watched the film simply because I was at the cinema and it was the only thing I could watch at the time. Didn't see a single advert - awesome. Only to discover that it was from a tv series my friend always talked about (of course, I only discovered this fact after I raved about the film, then talked about how I was going to watch the tv series online...only for the girl to point out that she'd already told me about it years ago).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dljbd1(m): 8:48am On May 14, 2015
[size=16pt]Journeyman[/size]...
Show got cancelled back then in 2007 when I started watching. I love it and wish it continued. Now I'm stuck in the loop of only season 1. angry
.....why!!! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: DaveDave001, oyaskii(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.