Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3525180 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FKO1(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Alfred234:
Tomorrow people is cool abeg, maybe u are not a fan of Sci fi series.
BTW it has been cancelled.
I'm not a fanboy, I like any series that is good and tomorrow people ain't good , it's a sub-par series that makes one feel suicidal
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by John57: 4:43pm On May 04, 2015
Daredevil, currently on episode 6. Really struggling to finish it. Fight scenes ok, plot quite thin and not very cerebral.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FKO1(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Suits is dope bro, you would enjoy it, waiting on season 5!
I'm enjoying it bruh.. . Still in Season one tho. .. Suits makes Scandal look ordinary
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seribroo56(m): 4:48pm On May 04, 2015
John57:
Daredevil, currently on episode 6. Really struggling to finish it. Fight scenes ok, plot quite thin and not very cerebral.
what!!!!!! that series is dope

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by toluh(f): 6:20pm On May 04, 2015
John57:
Stop watching it. It's a waste of time.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:15pm On May 04, 2015
cao:

I dey-o, just relaxing. You?
Just pack for home enjoying my holidays!!
Got any Supernatural or ability series for me?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Hisssss!!! I spoke for my self and almost erry one on twitter and facebook and even on nairaland screaming empire is dope and drugs, the problem with you koice is that you criticize too much, you were the same person saying scandal isnt a great tv show as well also, because the dialogue was too polished,same as empire you dey complain about dialougue,na wa for u na broken english you want mk dem dey yarn?so there is no point arguing with you, with the impressive reviews this said tv shows are getting you just come and drop you biased review and view on them so i hisss once again, you saying a show is too nice and the cast dont act black, lets start with cookie, how ghetto do you want her to be again, she acted black to the core,back to lucious lyon and the rest, this guys are rich, they are potraying the life of rich black peeps, hence all the swags i wonder how black you want them to act again. Kindly come in and explain!

Like someone said earlier, Empire is shiit. This was a show with tremendous potential, but alas, the heavy censoring that hunts every programming originating from Terrestrial networks is preventing it from truly shining.

Terence Howard once told TMZ, that for Empire to finally garner the support of the Hip-hop world, certain elements must be address, one being the language. Gotta be more hardcore and crude like in real life.

Premium cable networks like HBO or Showtime would have given Empire that, but unfortunately, Fox beat them to the script. Enough said.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 9:15pm On May 04, 2015
John57:

You too? I dunno how people were able to praise that show. It was completely meh to me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Abeg help me ask dem oo dem say empire is an average show, i wonder what a great tv show would be like?
Lol don't mind the guy, he's busy talking about dialogues, na dialogue we wan chop? if u don't like something just say u don't like it, everybody can't like the same thing and I respect that fact.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2015
Currently seeing Secrets and Lies Season 1 Episode 10... At this point am hooked to this series, I didn't like it at first but its making sense now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2015
Alfred234:

Lol don't mind the guy, he's busy talking about dialogues, na dialogue we wan chop? if u don't like something just say u don't like it, everybody can't like the same thing and I respect that fact.

So wetin you wan chop? Dialogues are a very important part of any show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 9:48pm On May 04, 2015
ApexTitan:

So wetin you wan chop? Dialogues are a very important part of any show.
what's ur own definition of a dialogue?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:11pm On May 04, 2015
philfearon:

Just pack for home enjoying my holidays!!
Got any Supernatural or ability series for me?

None I can think of at the moment, I'm waiting for 2 new Canadian sci-fi serials that will air later - Dark Matter & the Killjoys...Although, I'm slightly afraid since they're syfy channel shows.

Did you ever watch Misfits? It was British show originally about 5 ASBO teens that got superpowers thanks to a freak storm. Lasted 5 seasons, the best were the ones with the original teens, especially the ones with the class A t*** Nathan.

Oh, check out The Flesh, another British show about zombies who rose from the dead doing what zombies do best, until a cure was discovered, so they started getting re-integrated...Lasted 2 seasons, the first one was only 3 episodes long. Unless BBC3 gives us a third series...

Finally, you could try the Fades, yet another British show, that one was one weird ride. Lasted one season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2015
Alfred234:

what's ur own definition of a dialogue?

It is the conversation between characters in a show or between the character and the audience (as in fourth wall moments)
You make it sound like dialogue itself is a subjective thing. It is in assessing the dialogue that it becomes subjective.

The kind of dialogue in a show determines the show's caliber. I usually enjoy shows where the dialogue is intelligent and witty. Slap stick comedy and dumbed down lines are a major turn of for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by febbymi: 11:21pm On May 04, 2015
Its strange how things that are supposed to make you relax get most people worked up

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 4:59am On May 05, 2015
cao:

None I can think of at the moment, I'm waiting for 2 new Canadian sci-fi serials that will air later - Dark Matter & the Killjoys...Although, I'm slightly afraid since they're syfy channel shows.

Did you ever watch Misfits? It was British show originally about 5 ASBO teens that got superpowers thanks to a freak storm. Lasted 5 seasons, the best were the ones with the original teens, especially the ones with the class A t*** Nathan.

Oh, check out The Flesh, another British show about zombies who rose from the dead doing what zombies do best, until a cure was discovered, so they started getting re-integrated...Lasted 2 seasons, the first one was only 3 episodes long. Unless BBC3 gives us a third series...

Finally, you could try the Fades, yet another British show, that one was one weird ride. Lasted one season.
Alrite dear..Thanks!!
Will check 'em out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:04am On May 05, 2015
Alfred234:

Okay, it's official. You don't know anything about TV shows and movies. Dialogue is a very important part - some might even say the heart - of a good Script.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:41am On May 05, 2015
United States Of Tara.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2015
**sigh** is there no good show out there again? Could barely get past 2 episodes of Agents of SHIELD b4 I deleted d entire seasons off my fone...
And what's the deal with Messengers? Some fancy angelic ppl warning us about d Apocalypse? Really? Just endured d pilot.
What else is there? Any good show? Even Game of Thrones is now somehow to me.

BTW,To those saying Empire has weak dialogue, take this.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 1:28pm On May 05, 2015
Ahhhhhh
ABC should not stop this Forever series nahh

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 05, 2015
Darey00:

BTW,To those saying Empire has weak dialogue, take this.
Hmmm... Still looking for an eye popping quote from the screenshot you posted. Don't tell me you were tripping cuz of the word 'Biitch'? Niggah, that's nothin. Motherfuckas don't call it that anymore. Hell, there's nothing offensive 'bout that word anymore. To make it ring and sting, you gotta let it roll off your tongue like a lollipop.

'Biaatch' is the word you were looking for BTW.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 05, 2015
Chosen
Me likey.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kazzonline: 3:35pm On May 05, 2015
Undateable, one big happy, anyone?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2015
koice:

Hmmm... Still looking for an eye popping quote from the screenshot you posted. Don't tell me you were tripping cuz of the word 'Biitch'? Niggah, that's nothin. Motherfuckas don't call it that anymore. Hell, there's nothing offensive 'bout that word anymore. To make it ring and sting, you gotta let it roll off your tongue like a lollipop.

'Biaatch' is the word you were looking for BTW.

Yea,and he should say it as u wrote here cuz u r what? Leonardo Di Caprio? Your sort amaze me. Can't even enjoy a good show until "certain standards" are met. Everybody to his own thing.

PS: thou shall not call me nigga
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pomporiking: 4:37pm On May 05, 2015
kazzonline:
Undateable, one big happy, anyone?

One big happy cos of kelly brook's awesome boobs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 05, 2015
Already bored with Chosen.

Broadwalk Empire, The Wire, The Sopranos, Masters of Sex, Spartacus, GOT and shows of similar nature had conspired to ruin me forever. Now, any TV show without healthy dosage of núdity, hardcore violence, sex scenes and colorful expletives is more likely to bore me to submission than anything else. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jorhney(m): 7:21pm On May 05, 2015
koice:

Broadwalk Empire, The Wire, The Sopranos, Masters of Sex, Spartacus, GOT and shows of similar nature had conspired to ruin me forever. Now, any TV show without healthy dosage of núdity, hardcore violence, sex scenes and colorful expletives is more likely to bore me to submission than anything else. angry

bro is ur watchseries app working ? mine has decided not to wkr this evening ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 7:28pm On May 05, 2015
koice:

That's a weird predilection to have. You hinge your enjoyment of a show based on the R rated content. I get realism and all but to dwell on a show's explicitness is something else. Despite what pop culture will have us believe realism can also be found in decorum and good manners.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 05, 2015
jorhney:

bro is ur watchseries app working ? mine has decided not to wkr this evening ...

Sure, it's working. Must be your internet connection.

An alternative is to go via the webpage www.watchseries.ag/
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

That's a weird predilection to have. You hinge your enjoyment of a show based on the R rated content. I get realism and all but to dwell on a show's explicitness is something else. Despite what pop culture will have us believe realism can also be found in decorum and good manners.

I've watched loads and loads of Television Series in my time and loved quite a few. Any show from Premium cable channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and Basic Cable channels like FX, AMC, and Showcase (Syfy) does it for me. Throw in a couple of Broadcast (Terrestrial) networks like CBS and NBC into the mix and I'm content.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ApexTitan(m): 7:55pm On May 05, 2015
koice:

I've watched loads and loads of Television Series in my time and loved quite a few. Any show from Premium cable channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and Basic Cable channels like FX, AMC, and Showcase (Syfy) does it for me. Throw in a couple of Broadcast (Terrestrial) networks like CBS and NBC into the mix and I'm content.

No argument there, those channels tend to have interesting shows, the types aimed at the world wizened adult of today.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

No argument there, those channels tend to have interesting shows, the types aimed at the world wizened adult of today.

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Bongadu, Niok, Sinkara and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.