Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3523315 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
Flawlessangel:

mr, i have seen both shows and am telling her the 100 is a very good show, its only in its season 2 unlike anarchy.....and what do u mean d show is just 4 teens?? Hav u even seen d show? Are The grounders teens?? The Reapears?( people who eat human flesh) Mountain weather forces,?? Are they all teens?? Didnt u see the brutal kills that a true teen show shouldnt have? If u havnt seen it, i suggest u do, instead of assuming what u know nothing about....the show is awesome man.
Many people in this thread often talk rubbish..Neglect them dear.
They overhype silly series and ridicule great series because they read it somewhere on the internet!!
Calling "The 100" a teen movie is their highest point cluelessness!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
Flawlessangel:

mr, i have seen both shows and am telling her the 100 is a very good show, its only in its season 2 unlike anarchy.....and what do u mean d show is just 4 teens?? Hav u even seen d show? Are The grounders teens?? The Reapears?( people who eat human flesh) Mountain weather forces,?? Are they all teens?? Didnt u see the brutal kills that a true teen show shouldnt have? If u havnt seen it, i suggest u do, instead of assuming what u know nothing about....the show is awesome man.

Blah blah blah... The CW is a channel that specifically targets teen audience the same way Nickelodeon carter for kids. All their shows tend to be full of plotholes glued together by excessive use of CGI. Their shows are not meant to be taken seriously. It's always about one fantasy or the other. Things picked up mostly from comic books or such.

The Vampire Diaries, The Original, Beauty and The Beast, Reign, Supernatural, Arrow, Flash, The 100 and Smallvile have two things in common, they were all produced by The CW and they all suck for people that were used to watching TV shows from FX, HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. Case closed.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
koice:

Blah blah blah... The CW is a channel that specifically targets teen audience the same way Nickelodeon carter for kids. All their shows tend to be full of plotholes glued together by excessive use of CGI. Their shows are not meant to be taken seriously. It's always about one fantasy or the other. Things picked up mostly from comic books or such.

The Vampire Diaries, The Original, Beauty and The Beast, Reign, Supernatural, Arrow, Flash, The 100 and Smallvile have two things in common, they were all produced by The CW and they all suck for people that were used to watching TV shows from FX, HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. Case closed.
dude if u hvnt seen d series, do so b4 saying crap....the only thing teen about 100 is d fact dat the lead actors are teens...but everything around them is as mature as they come, dis isnt one three hill, or kyle xy, or flash or any of those light hearted shows......if u replace the lead actors with adults, then it wud b a 100 percent adult show seeing as how the show itself is brutal, the show dsnt look like d regular cw teen show u talk about, its deep and all about survival, darker than some adult show might i add.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
How to get away with murder.

I'm going to take the advice of some of you folks, suspend watching shonda rhimes TV shows for now. 'How to get away with murder' is a very good show but too much suspense.

Game of throne season 5 will premier on April 12th 2015.

Orange is the new Black will premier in June (too far)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lordseyad(m): 12:02am On Feb 04, 2015
Banshee!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by wintersnow(m): 12:37am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Actually, the creators of Bates Motel owed their inspiration to Psycho.

oh I thought as much... psycho changed the horror genre forever....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 04, 2015
Flawlessangel:

dude if u hvnt seen d series, do so b4 saying crap....the only thing teen about 100 is d fact dat the lead actors are teens...but everything around them is as mature as they come, dis isnt one three hill, or kyle xy, or flash or any of those light hearted shows......if u replace the lead actors with adults, then it wud b a 100 percent adult show seeing as how the show itself is brutal, the show dsnt look like d regular cw teen show u talk about, its deep and all about survival, darker than some adult show might i add.

Valid argument. but lemme ask you something, people that were thrown down on earth, were they adults or teens? In fact, virtually all the people thrown down on earth were kids. Tell me I'm wrong. So then how can a show with more than 75% of it's characters supposedly below the age of 21 be targeting the adult demographic, the same adult demographic that just watched an episode of Boardwalk Empire or OITNB an hour ago? Am I missing something?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 04, 2015
lafuria1:
How to get away with murder.

I'm going to take the advice of some of you folks, suspend watching shonda rhimes TV shows for now. 'How to get away with murder' is a very good show but too much suspense.

Game of throne season 5 will premier on April 12th 2015.

Orange is the new Black will premier in June (too far)

Bro, it's like you dey my mind. The woman get knack for overboard melodrama, abeg. As for the premiere dates, Netflix must have postponed OITNB premiere date cuz it was previously scheduled for February. Mehn... that's a downer. I was really looking forward to getting reacquainted with those gals.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 04, 2015
wintersnow:

oh I thought as much... psycho changed the horror genre forever....

Yup.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:29am On Feb 04, 2015
Banshee is the best Show on TV right now!!
Just can't get enough of it!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:34am On Feb 04, 2015
Richie: "she is telling me to kill them all right now"
Seth: what? what do you mean "she"?
Richie: I see things now.. am telling u we have to kill them...
Lol! Richie is all about kill..You just gotta love the "Gecko brothers"..
FROM DUSK TO DAWN the series!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:39am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Valid argument. but lemme ask you something, people that were thrown down on earth, were they adults or teens? In fact, virtually all the people thrown down on earth were kids. Tell me I'm wrong. So then how can a show with more than 75% of it's characters supposedly below the age of 21 be targeting the adult demographic, the same adult demographic that just watched an episode of Boardwalk Empire or OITNB an hour ago? Am I missing something?

Bro,you are talking pure BS..
If you don't like great shows like "The 100",move on..Stop spewing balderdash to decieve other people from watching the show! Am sure there is no reasonable person that will watch the series and say that it is not a great show..Stop being a jerk!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 04, 2015
philfearon:

Bro,you are talking pure BS..
If you don't like great shows like "The 100",move on..Stop spewing balderdash to decieve other people from watching the show! Am sure there is no reasonable person that will watch the series and say that it is not a great show..Stop being a jerk!!

Ouch! Apparently you love The 100, which is fine... but c'mon now, don't be a sour puss. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you were of yours, no? When I compare The 100 to other post apocalyptic shows like The walking Dead, Revolution, The Strain and Dominion, I can't help turning my nose up at The Cw's production. Why? The content couldn't hack it. It just doesn't have what it takes to compete, period. No person with a mature taste would be caught dead watching the 100 - which is basically about a bunch of teenagers running around. Yup. No reasonable people you said? Well, it's all relative. Now, don't pop a blood vessel on my account, okay? It's not like it's a matter of life and death or anything. Cheers.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 04, 2015
Just watched Justified S06E03. Hmmm... This show is the bomb! Hot damn!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 6:45am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Ouch! Apparently you love The 100, which is fine... but c'mon now, don't be a sour puss. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you were of yours, no? When I compare The 100 to other post apocalyptic shows like The walking Dead, Revolution, The Strain and Dominion, I can't help turning my nose up at The Cw's production. Why? The content couldn't hack it. It just doesn't have what it takes to compete, period. No person with a mature taste would be caught dead watching the 100 - which is basically about a bunch of teenagers running around. Yup. No reasonable people you said? Well, it's all relative. Now, don't pop a blood vessel on my account, okay? It's not like it's a matter of life and death or anything. Cheers.
The 100 is an original series and has nothing in common with all the series you mentioned above cuz I have watched them all!
What am telling you is to keep your opinion to yourself..If they are bunch of teens running around,what are u?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 04, 2015
philfearon:

The 100 is an original series and has nothing in common with all the series you mentioned above cuz I have watched them all!
What am telling you is to keep your opinion to yourself..If they are bunch of teens running around,what are u?

Lolz. grin grin Coming from someone that just hyped a crappy show that goes by the name of "From Dusk Till Dawn:The Series" methinks it's a safe bet to say you have a crappy taste in TV shows. grin grin Now, I said this with love. Don't trip.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tapingil(m): 7:06am On Feb 04, 2015
The Empire...this is another good show.

@ koice is only saying Samcro is not in the same level with the 100...The 100 is nice but at the same time, its still a teen drama...and I agree with him bt not with all of his analysis
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2015
tapingil:
The Empire...this is another good show.

Yeah, The Empire is pretty good. Loved what I'd seen so far.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 7:16am On Feb 04, 2015
Just finish watching the new episode of the blacklist and it's getting more intense....

'Reds worst nightmare is nothing compared to hers'
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lafuria1(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Bro, it's like you dey my mind. The woman get knack for overboard melodrama, abeg. As for the premiere dates, Netflix must have postponed OITNB premiere date cuz it was previously scheduled for February. Mehn... that's a downer. I was really looking forward to getting reacquainted with those gals.
OITNB : No wonder, I thought my brain failed, OITNB has always been aired in February. The ladies are awesome, brilliant show,. can't wait to see crazy eyes.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

yes u are missing something, its true that the 100 are teens but only a few get any screen time, i would say only 9 of them are major characters.. the rest are just there to make up numbers, , the teens parents get as much screen time as the teens themselves cos the story cant progress without them.....their parents also came to earth too so its not like the 100 teens were alone through out the show.....its like the show was trying 2 tell us just because the leads are teens dsnt mean it cant b as serious as adult series....because everything about the show is adult xcept 4 the leads themselves......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Lolz. grin grin Coming from someone that just hyped a crappy show that goes by the name of "From Dusk Till Dawn:The Series" methinks it's a safe bet to say you have a crappy taste in TV shows. grin grin Now, I said this with love. Don't trip.
Yea...I agree..
You have a great taste for great shows!
Go grab an Oscar Award then!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2015
Flawlessangel:

yes u are missing something, its true that the 100 are teens but only a few get any screen time, i would say only 9 of them are major characters.. the rest are just there to make up numbers, , the teens parents get as much screen time as the teens themselves cos the story cant progress without them.....their parents also came to earth too so its not like the 100 teens were alone through out the show.....its like the show was trying 2 tell us just because the leads are teens dsnt mean it cant b as serious as adult series....because everything about the show is adult xcept 4 the leads themselves......

Like someone already said, The 100 is a pretty decent show if you're into that sort of thing, but it's what can only be categorized as a 'teen drama'. Look it up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Like someone already said, The 100 is a pretty decent show if you're into that sort of thing, but it's what can only be categorized as a 'teen drama'. Look it up.
i know dat already, am just saying jst because its a drama with teen leads dsnt mean its inferior to any adult show out there..........infact there's an article of hollywood.com that says the 100 became more than just a teen show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2015
@Koice,again you have shown why no person should take you serious..
Instead of reading too much rubbish and reviews online,learn to sit down and watch show!!
Anyone who's watched "From dusk till dawn" (the movie) shouldn't miss out on the series part..
Its just like "13:The Conspiracy" and its sequel series of same name!
@Koice,again,stop decieving people with your "supposed great series taste",your problem is that instead of watching shows,you prefer to read
nonsense reviews and crappy critics....just like Raymacblue!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2015

Hey folks, stay away from "From Dusk Till Dawn the series", it's a waste of mb and storage space! Unless you have a crappy taste like my very good friend here, philfearon (who btw is taking this whole discussion way too serious), don't even think about going near that show, cuz it's nothing like the movies at all.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 04, 2015
Flawlessangel:

i know dat already, am just saying jst because its a drama with teen leads dsnt mean its inferior to any adult show out there..........infact there's an article of hollywood.com that says the 100 became more than just a teen show

Okay.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joanana(f): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2015
Flawlessangel:

I watched the 100 season 1 and 2. they are two different shows ... sons of anarchy drumps the 100 a million times... Sons of Anarchy is the Bomb!!!!!. just feel like watching it over and over again .. The show is emotional.... grin grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 04, 2015
joanana:

I watched the 100 season 1 and 2. they are two different shows ... sons of anarchy drumps the 100 a million times... grin grin grin grin

Words to live by.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2015
koice:

Hey folks, stay away from "From Dusk Till Dawn the series", it's a waste of mb and storage space! Unless you have a crappy taste like my very good friend here, philfearon, don't even think about going near that show, cuz it's nothing like the movies at all.

Bro, any ideas where I can download OITNB and Boardwalk Empire?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flawlessangel(m): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2015
joanana:

I watched the 100 season 1 and 2. they are two different shows ... sons of anarchy drumps the 100 a million times... Sons of Anarchy is the Bomb!!!!!. just feel like watching it over and over again .. The show is emotional.... grin grin grin grin
and BREAKING BAD destroys sons of anarchy.....so whats d point?? What am saying is both 100 and sons of anarchy are good shows

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89