Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making (20891 Views)

ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call / UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Olasunkanmi Arowolo, LASU Lecturer Introduces Edmodo, Mobile Classroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by money121(m): 5:28am On Aug 30, 2021
Ok
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Burgerlomo: 5:40am On Aug 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
Which primary school is this?

LASU grin

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Jagsconcept887(m): 5:41am On Aug 30, 2021
May be na Lasu secondary school e for happen

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 5:43am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin

You can do more? I'm glad for u that u can only lecture in Nigeria... If you take that approach else where, u might find yourself in labour market the next semester.

I don't think Nigeria will ever get to a point where the school management will ask students to evaluate them (lecturers) at the end or middle of every semester...

Where any lecturer that was rated low will be relieved of that course because of negative comments from students...

Ask many of your colleagues outside Nigerian shores where this system is practiced, they were always acting like fishes outside water because ultimate power have been removed from them.. just because they knew only military regime style of teaching.. anything short of that makes them uncomfortable..

Humiliation can never be tagged teaching... Even common south Africa, I read where a vice principal called out students who did not comb their hair before coming to school and was combing it for them in front of the assembly... The whole nation was against that principal... A lot of us might say ordinary combing but some experts knows the difference between teaching and humiliation

6 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Hezmatosky: 6:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Typical lie. No lasu student can take this. Besides, no lasu lecturer can try it
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Rugaria: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin
You don't have the right to do so and because it's convinient for you to act in such abusive ways, doesn't mean it's right! Sometimes I think that the long brutal military dictatorships we have had in Nigeria have left us with a series of everlasting dangerous effects on our collective reasoning and psych as a people. We don't have the best universities in the world, neither do we churn out the best graduates, yet , it's the people who are not this animalistic in their conducts within the school environment that trounces us in all these fronts! And you know what? Students in those places dress far more shabbily most times and they seldom pay obeisance to some lecturers with ballooning egos! That should be a food for thought...

6 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Imustnottalk: 6:14am On Aug 30, 2021
EBMedia:
LASU Lecturer tells a student to kneel for not tucking in his shirt and making a noise in class.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS_9oh0g_9E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTauRHpj1k
if lecturers try this with me he go collect oo
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Doyou2019: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

And 23 other idiots liked this post? Oh boy I weak for this country.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by AfonjaConehead: 6:41am On Aug 30, 2021
What a charcoalous conehead grin
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Intellect16(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2021
On a norm, this ain't sup pose to be happening in a tertiary institution, the best he should have done is send him out of his class.
But trust the black man with "POWER" to misuse it. That's why during my time in the university I try my best to avoid things like this, if I see say I Don late and I know the lecturer to be someone that can embarrass me with awkward things like this, I just turn back and go home. I no be strongman so the embarrassment will just go not retaliated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by asapants: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2021
If you check properly all those children suppose dey for secondary school now.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by UltimateSpice: 6:49am On Aug 30, 2021
Many of our higher institutions are becoming glorified secondary schools.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Freestainworld(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2021
Burgerlomo:

LASU grin
they have good disciplined interhouse sports masters, I know it's red house. cool

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Fiscus105(m): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

You can do more? I'm glad for u that u can only lecture in Nigeria... If you take that approach else where, u might find yourself in labour market the next semester.

I don't think Nigeria will ever get to a point where the school management will ask students to evaluate them (lecturers) at the end or middle of every semester...

Where any lecturer that was rated low will be relieved of that course because of negative comments from students...

Ask many of your colleagues outside Nigerian shores where this system is practiced, they were always acting like fishes outside water because ultimate power have been removed from them.. just because they knew only military regime style of teaching.. anything short of that makes them uncomfortable..

Humiliation can never be tagged teaching... Even common south Africa, I read where a vice principal called out students who did not comb their hair before coming to school and was combing it for them in front of the assembly... The whole nation was against that principal... A lot of us might say ordinary combing but some experts knows the difference between teaching and humiliation

I guess in else where , students allow to do all kinds of shit.

Oga anywhere in the world, if u do nonsense you will see nonsense.

You are free to mention just one country where students are boss to lecturers oooo.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by lolu2019: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Lecturers are like father's,so nothing big about what he did.my Hod used to do that when I was in school and we don't make noise about u.children of nowadays don't have respect.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Connected1: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2021
This is nonsense.

Why not tell him to leave the class.

Some Lecturers are really uncivilized.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Boyooosa(m): 6:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

On our campuses kor...
U better watch ur back.
If u had really undergo trainings to make you fit to lecture in a tertiary institution, you will understand that such approach is wrong.
I just pray that you and your co-secondary school teachers parading selves as lecturers don't play to the wrong gallery one day

3 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Recardo(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2021
When you have 15,16,18 years old soiling our universities weting you expect? in the old days you have to be around 25+ before you even get to the uni to show you are very matured now we have kids who don't even know why they are there in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Fiscus105(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2021
Intellect16:
On a norm, this ain't sup pose to be happening in a tertiary institution, the best he should have done is send him out of his class.
But trust the black man with "POWER" to misuse it. That's why during my time in the university I try my best to avoid things like this, if I see say I Don late and I know the lecturer to be someone that can embarrass me with awkward things like this, I just turn back and go home. I no be strongman so the embarrassment will just go not retaliated.

Better, when you play according to dictate of the rules nobody will humiliate you.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Ofolete: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2021
The university is no longer what it used to be. The new generation lecturers and VCs have disorganized the system brought to us by the westerners. They started by changing the system of SUG. The students Union executives is no longer the students' choice but the vc's. The idea of interview before employment of teaching profession in our universities have been destroyed by new generation VCs. They now make you lecturer when you are their brother, friend or you give them money. Education in our universities is in comatose.

3 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2021
Fiscus105:

I guess in else where , students allow to do all kinds of shit.

Oga anywhere in the world, if u do nonsense you will see nonsense.

You are free to mention just one country where students are boss to lecturers oooo.

Before I answer your question, can you explain what u mean when u said boss lecturers?.. I want to get that part clear... Also I want a matured individual who can handle a decent conversation without insults..if you think you are one, then I'm willing to answer

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by hpk(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Sky blue and black tells he's a student of management science, lecturers of that faculty can overdo on the most trivial things but when it comes to their contribution to knowledge you'll always find them wanting. SMH
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Teargasblog(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2021
vickydevoka:
I remember in unn, one of our lecturer wanted slapping one of our class mate without cgpa very low). Naso de guy held her hand gave her serious warning de woman was scared buh was just shouting around to gather. Even de lecturers dat came became scared on how de guy stood his ground and issued everybody warning.
I could remember de woman is extremely wicked.

Okay
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Omesko00: 7:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
Which primary school is this?
ojomota primary school very close to imukeda local government e no far from imanumanu community
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Agbebakun22: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Fiscus105:

Even comments here on nairaland show the types of undergraduates we are breeding at moment, most are kids and totally immature minds, in which it needs extra ordnary measures to tame nonsense in their behaviors.

I blame NECO, WAEC won't be spared as well. They completely rubbish their standards, kids hardly do WAEC twice before they enter into the universities, at 15, immature minds getting admission into the ivory towers already.

What's ur fucking business about that... Take that shit away. As far you're in higher institution you're self dependent, no lecturer should treat you like a kid. Well some lecturers know who dem dey show power give sha go try am with men I mean men if dem no go rubbish e life for street

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Freestainworld(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2021
Omesko00:
ojomota primary school very close to imukeda local government e no far from imanumanu community
see name of a place grin , e dey sound like native doctor incantation.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by manmade(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

people like you would be deported the following day if you ever have the opportunity of teaching in a foreign university, all your over zealousness and the mentality of secondary school's teachers ends at the Muritala Mohammed international airport.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Fiscus105(m): 7:32am On Aug 30, 2021
Agbebakun22:

What's ur fucking business about that... Take that shit away. As far you're in higher institution you're self dependent, no lecturer should treat you like a kid. Well some lecturers know who dem dey show power give sha go try am with men I mean men if dem no go rubbish e life for street

Bragging online but prostrating in the lecture room

...... thank God you mentioned self dependent! If truly you are adult, self dependent, what stops you to behave as self dependent? If you behave like that, no lecturer, i repeat no lecturer will do shit with you.

Even in the gathering of national assembly, any legislator that goes beyond his/her boundary would be dealt with accordingly. How much less kindergarten in ivory towers.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Miosendyin: 7:33am On Aug 30, 2021
See am.. we know say u be fulani keep deceiving yourself. Sharia people so the lecture should take laws into his own hands

post=105309348:

Punishing for making noise is not outta place, for not tucking in his shirt, it depends on the dress code of that particular course.

Conclusion : Not totally fair.

We Rise.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Miosendyin: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2021
So in national assembly they will ask the lawmaker to kneel? I talk am say all this jungle justice supporters no go die better

Fiscus105:

Bragging online but prostrating in the lecture room

...... thank God you mentioned self dependent! If truly you are adult, self dependent, what stops you to behave as self dependent? If you behave like that, no lecturer, i repeat no lecturer will do shit with you.

Even in the gathering of national assembly, any legislator that goes beyond his/her boundary would be dealt with accordingly. How much less kindergarten in ivory towers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo / Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped ) / Ekiti State University Calls Off ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.