Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making (20866 Views)

ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call / UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Olasunkanmi Arowolo, LASU Lecturer Introduces Edmodo, Mobile Classroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by EBMedia: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
LASU Lecturer tells a student to kneel for not tucking in his shirt and making a noise in class.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS_9oh0g_9E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTauRHpj1k

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Dieuetla: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Tertiary secondary school

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Naijanascam: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
And this can happen in a glorified secondary school

Overzealous lecturer

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by illicit(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dieuetla:
Tercially secondary school

Say what

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Gentlerespect76: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin

Modified:

Please, I will not argue with anyone concerning my position above. Those who will tag and spill gibberish here are children whom Nairaland has given a platform to misbehave; so no problem, shed your tears in peace. What I know is that no parent will kick because walking the narrow path is every parent's desire for their children 'cause it leads to success.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Freestainworld(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Which primary school is this?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Polynek(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
I hv seen a lecturer do dsame tin here in FUTO

8 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Rikze: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
shocked

Glorified Secondary School?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Sonnobax15(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na normal thing abeg....But e depends on who you do am to....If na strong man for one side any lecturer try this nonsense to,na sure banker say he go must collect for outside campus lipsrsealed

20 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by monferans0: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2021
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by DonBigE82: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Okk ohh
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Lordjiggs09(m): 4:21am On Aug 30, 2021
Nigeria my country.

Meanwhile
Umu-Igbo biko lee anya na signature mu. A bu mu mazi Chinagorom Alexander, a bu mu onye ndi Bekee na akpo engineer na afu maka iwurite ulo ya na olu construction. Anyi na eme kwa land survey ya na izu ahia ala na ulo na ala igbo. Kpoturu mu na akala ekwenti ma o bu na whatsapp: efu-asato-efu-isii-ano-ano-asaa-ato-ano-ano-ato.

11 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by AxeofGod(m): 4:21am On Aug 30, 2021
The lecturer should have lashed him with six strokes of cane since he thinks he is a village headmaster in a secondary school.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Sabadon(m): 4:21am On Aug 30, 2021
This is laughable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Sabadon(m): 4:22am On Aug 30, 2021
Bit the way the guy position bumbum sef, e reach to punish grin

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Paramountguy: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2021
Violation of human right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2021
LASU Lecturer tells a student to kneel for not tucking in his shirt and making a noise in class.
Punishing for making noise is not outta place, for not tucking in his shirt, it depends on the dress code of that particular course.

Conclusion : Not totally fair.

We Rise.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin

I commend the lecturer for taking such an approach.

Students feel they can do whatever they like in the name of being in the university.

And for those saying "glorify secondary school" my advice is for you guys to grow up.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by hihilil(m): 4:25am On Aug 30, 2021
Thank God this lecturer dey teach for tertiary institution Weytin him for do secondary school boys eh, nairaland for crash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by miniziter(m): 4:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Wonder
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:26am On Aug 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

Students feel they can do whatever they like in the name of being in the university.

And for those saying "glorify secondary school" my advice is for you guys to grow up.
Well, you have some good points here Mr Mike!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by fredoooooo: 4:30am On Aug 30, 2021
Secondary school grin
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by vickydevoka(m): 4:32am On Aug 30, 2021
I remember in unn, one of our lecturer wanted slapping one of our class mate without cgpa very low). Naso de guy held her hand gave her serious warning de woman was scared buh was just shouting around to gather. Even de lecturers dat came became scared on how de guy stood his ground and issued everybody warning.
I could remember de woman is extremely wicked.

8 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Judolisco(m): 4:43am On Aug 30, 2021
Everybody dey shout secondary school... University life Don different oh... U will see small boys of 15yrs old misbehaving in class so wetin una expect... D lecturer like am sef e no allow him sch fees waste him still dey class dey listen

7 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by SirIconR(m): 4:47am On Aug 30, 2021
From all indications The Lecturer thought he was still teaching in the Secondary school where he once taught
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by thatsleepboy1: 4:52am On Aug 30, 2021
Advanced secondary school like covenant university.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Oduok(m): 5:08am On Aug 30, 2021
Being in university shouldn't be a licence to misbehave in class. But then a university teacher should know how to control his class with an approach different from primitive secondary school method.
Problem is most of our lecturers are trained on the content of their subject but not on how to educate on those subjects.

6 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 5:12am On Aug 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

There are differences between university and secondary school... Just google the difference..

Approaches are different too.. He should have asked him to excuse him if he was making noise and disturbing his class... or he himself will leave... That's how to tackle situation like this in higher institution... But I'm guessing a lot of People are now used to hash treatment, that humiliation means nothing anymore even as adults

22 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by SEGLIZ: 5:13am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

why waste your statement on here? you forgot those set of unruly students dominate this platform.
wait and see them come for you, mere reading comments and post tells you more.

5 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Fiscus105(m): 5:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Even comments here on nairaland show the types of undergraduates we are breeding at moment, most are kids and totally immature minds, in which it needs extra ordnary measures to tame nonsense in their behaviors.

I blame NECO, WAEC won't be spared as well. They completely rubbish their standards, kids hardly do WAEC twice before they enter into the universities, at 15, immature minds getting admission into the ivory towers already.

8 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by dragunov: 5:22am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

So you are invariably telling us that you are a lecturer. Hmmmm........ So you also behave like this? Ah, gone are the days. Freedom has gone to the dogs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by dragunov: 5:27am On Aug 30, 2021
EBMedia:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS_9oh0g_9E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTauRHpj1k

I don believe this. Infact, I can't believe that is a university setting. This is gross abuse. I won't believe its a university setting. Its probably a remedial class for GCE students.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti State University Calls Off ASUU Strike / UNICAL Suspends Dean of Faculty of Law Over Alleged Rape Of Student / FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.