Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making (20887 Views)

ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call / UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Olasunkanmi Arowolo, LASU Lecturer Introduces Edmodo, Mobile Classroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by matm: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2021
Commendable.You can't escape rules and regulations no matter the sector you decide to run to.Education,labour market,even in our local communities.There are always consequences to breaking rules.I have seen adults flogged in a market for refusing to wear nose mask.
The safest option says abide if you don't want to be treated like a kid. Refusal to abide by rules is a sign of immaturity.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by oluwaahmed: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2021
That is how they go about pricing when they can't pay. When this same students visit ur homes to ask for payment, you will say its lack of home training.
Wisdom is profitable to direct, simply order the guy out of the class than embarrassing him.
Anyway na lasu, come try am 4 uniben.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

There are differences between university and secondary school... Just google the difference..

Approaches are different too.. He should have asked him to excuse him if he was making noise and disturbing his class... or he himself will leave... That's how to tackle situation like this in higher institution... But I'm guessing a lot of People are now used to hash treatment, that humiliation means nothing anymore even as adults

Ode.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by scopeboie(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

I commend the lecturer for taking such an approach.

Students feel they can do whatever they like in the name of being in the university.

And for those saying "glorify secondary school" my advice is for you guys to grow up.

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by scopeboie(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2021
[quote author=scopeboie post=105311804][/quote]

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2021
lolu2019:
Lecturers are like father's,so nothing big about what he did.my Hod used to do that when I was in school and we don't make noise about u.children of nowadays don't have respect.

That's just the genesis of the problems Nigerian students were facing... When u see lecturers as your fathers.. they are not and will never be..most of them that were well trained knew that fact...

Their very role is to teach/ guide students based on their elected career.. some times coach or mentor the students... You can google mentoring and it's objective... That role was different from a fatherly role...

If they want to carry out some kind of discipline, it should be based on lay down rules of the institution... U don't take laws into your own hands because u wanna be a father figure in a higher institution..
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by ipobarethieves: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2021
cool very spot on.Thank u very much.Why distract others/make noise in class? Unruly behaviour.if I'm the Tisa,I'll make such idiots regret
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin

Modified:

Please, I will not argue with anyone concerning my position above. Those who will tag and spill gibberish here are children whom Nairaland has given a platform to misbehave; so no problem, shed your tears in peace. What I know is that no parent will kick because walking the narrow path is every parent's desire for their children 'cause it leads to success.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Testimony1988(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2021
Is good for one to be harsh at times, maybe it should be a law or accounting class where corporate wear is sacrosanct.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by kode12: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

There are differences between university and secondary school... Just google the difference..

Approaches are different too.. He should have asked him to excuse him if he was making noise and disturbing his class... or he himself will leave... That's how to tackle situation like this in higher institution... But I'm guessing a lot of People are now used to hash treatment, that humiliation means nothing anymore even as adults
Now ask yourself which is better? Ask him to leave the class and make him miss a possibly vital portion of the course or ask him to kneel in front where he wouldn't have the opportunity to disrupt the class but hear all the lecturer will say?
The fact that you're in a university does not give you the license to misbehave in a class. Moreso, the student's outfit seems to be a dress code, which some specific departments in various universities do wear. If indeed it is a dress code, then part of the code would require that your shirt is tucked in.
Law students will not fly their shirts in class, medical students do that either, so a lecturer maintaining the university code is not out of place.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

Ode.
Now what is the difference between you and the student you were clamoring for the lecturer to punish?
You obviously lack discipline yourself, can't comport yourself and your utterances in a public space... That's very noble of u..
sad
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Emeka71(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Sometimes you just come face to face with a situation where you need to just act; even to treat them as children they are. Being an undergraduate doesn't mean you behave like an animal. I have at times taken unconventional steps and even received applauses from students. It happens at the spur of the moment. If you are not in the shoe don't complain because you don't know what obtains today on our campuses grin grin

Modified:

Please, I will not argue with anyone concerning my position above. Those who will tag and spill gibberish here are children whom Nairaland has given a platform to misbehave; so no problem, shed your tears in peace. What I know is that no parent will kick because walking the narrow path is every parent's desire for their children 'cause it leads to success.
That is the fact because students in campuses these days behave like primary school pupils.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Theunbothered: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

I commend the lecturer for taking such an approach.

Students feel they can do whatever they like in the name of being in the university.

And for those saying "glorify secondary school" my advice is for you guys to grow up.

Imagine such stupid thinking grin

Wearing a shirt is now "doing whatever you like?". Nigerians have not outgrown the stupid mentality of their colonial masters.
A grown adult wearing a shirt o, not a 5 year old child.

If he's messing up, send the guy out to the class, all this power tripping like kneeling down is unnecessary.

When will Nigerians learn? undecided

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by dallyemmy: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2021
IN LEARNING AND CHARACTER...
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2021
kode12:

Now ask yourself which is better? Ask him to leave the class and make him miss a possibly vital portion of the course or ask him to kneel in front where he wouldn't have the opportunity to disrupt the class but hear all the lecturer will say?
The fact that you're in a university does not give you the license to misbehave in a class. Moreso, the student's outfit seems to be a dress code, which some specific departments in various universities do wear. If indeed it is a dress code, then part of the code would require that your shirt is tucked in.
Law students will not fly their shirts in class, medical students do that either, so a lecturer maintaining the university code is not out of place.

grin grin grin
Ask him to kneel in front of the class? An undergraduate? who is aspiring to be an engineer, doctor, lawyer etc? How does that even sound to you buddy?

Since when have kneeling down in front of the class becomes a conducive way of learning?.. maybe u guys should revisit the meaning of university and the activities that are carried out in the place.. then the conversation might flow nicely...
Every institution have rules and regulations... Humiliation is not part of that.. just ask anyone that is in institution management...

When a student misbehaved in a class every lecturer knows what to do.. and it was mostly talked about in their meetings... But hey what can I say...

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Theunbothered: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2021
Fiscus105:

Even comments here on nairaland show the types of undergraduates we are breeding at moment, most are kids and totally immature minds, in which it needs extra ordnary measures to tame nonsense in their behaviors.

I blame NECO, WAEC won't be spared as well. They completely rubbish their standards, kids hardly do WAEC twice before they enter into the universities, at 15, immature minds getting admission into the ivory towers already.

Nigerian mentality at it's finest, proud ignorance and praising ridiculous measures.

You guys are just in love with suffering and nonsense. Imagine thinking because you failed WAEC everyone must fail. That same mentality which is responsible for brilliant minds having their destinies arrested in Nigeria.

I hope we move on from this sufferhead mentality, maybe then we can have universities fit for human beings and not animals.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by OkuFaba(m): 8:31am On Aug 30, 2021
Polynek:
I hv seen a lecturer do dsame tin here in FUTO
never happened in IMSU, we dey change am for lecturer sef
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Theunbothered: 8:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

grin grin grin
Ask him to kneel in front of the class? An undergraduate? who is aspiring to be an engineer, doctor, lawyer etc? How does that even sound to you buddy?

Since when have kneeling down in front of the class becomes a conducive way of learning?.. maybe u guys should revisit the meaning of university and the activities that are carried out in the place.. then the conversation might flow nicely...
Every institution have rules and regulations... Humiliation is not part of that.. just ask anyone that is in institution management...

When a student misbehaved in a class every lecturer knows what to do.. and it was mostly talked about in their meetings... But hey what can say...

Without mincing words many Nigerians still think like they are in the stone age.

Maybe its frustration that's making them think this is acceptable.

When they go abroad this stupid behaviour magically disappears.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by PoTTV: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2021
Lol... I'm sure it caused a good laugh in the class. Although asking to kneel was excessive. In 200lvl a friend of mine was asked to come out and face the wall. Caused a good laugh even the lecturer was laughing with us.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by yungz: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Theunbothered:

Without mincing words many Nigerians still think like they are in the stone age.

I tayaooo my dear... grin grin
In some parts of the world, Some students were helping their lecturers to carry out a research on Covid-19 and other important research that might help humanity...

In another part of the world, things like tucking in shirts were more important.. Humiliation was as normal as counting ABC in primary schools.. it's just heart wrenching. sad
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by RodgersAkpafu: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

You can do more? I'm glad for u that u can only lecture in Nigeria... If you take that approach else where, u might find yourself in labour market the next semester.

I don't think Nigeria will ever get to a point where the school management will ask students to evaluate them (lecturers) at the end or middle of every semester...

Where any lecturer that was rated low will be relieved of that course because of negative comments from students...

Ask many of your colleagues outside Nigerian shores where this system is practiced, they were always acting like fishes outside water because ultimate power have been removed from them.. just because they knew only military regime style of teaching.. anything short of that makes them uncomfortable..

Humiliation can never be tagged teaching... Even common south Africa, I read where a vice principal called out students who did not comb their hair before coming to school and was combing it for them in front of the assembly... The whole nation was against that principal... A lot of us might say ordinary combing but some experts knows the difference between teaching and humiliation
Exactly
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by RodgersAkpafu: 9:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Theunbothered:

It's the mentality

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Fiscus105(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2021
Theunbothered:

Nigerian mentality at it's finest, proud ignorance and praising ridiculous measures.

You guys are just in love with suffering and nonsense. Imagine thinking because you failed WAEC everyone must fail. That same mentality which is responsible for brilliant minds having their destinies arrested in Nigeria.

I hope we move on from this sufferhead mentality, maybe then we can have universities fit for human beings and not animals.

Oga waec standard is on the ground, even you urself you aided by the officials of private school you attended.

....Since the days of NECO the flood gate of baggage in baggage out open gidigba.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Theunbothered: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2021
Fiscus105:

Oga waec standard is on the ground, even you urself you aided by the officials of private school you attended.

....Since the days of NECO the flood gate of baggage in baggage out open gidigba.

Let me not talk grin
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Polynek(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2021
OkuFaba:
never happened in IMSU, we dey change am for lecturer sef
IMSU self da school de rough oo
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by tegafej(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
I do more.

Modified:

Cold bottle Heineken for you !

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by lolu2019: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2021
Richy4:

That's just the genesis of the problems Nigerian students were facing... When u see lecturers as your fathers.. they are not and will never be..most of them that were well trained knew that fact...

Their very role is to teach/ guide students based on their elected career.. some times coach or mentor the students... You can google mentoring and it's objective... That role was different from a fatherly role...

If they want to carry out some kind of discipline, it should be based on lay down rules of the institution... U don't take laws into your own hands because u wanna be a father figure in a higher institution..
I believe that any child that want to learn will still have to go through some kind of discipline.they r undergraduates not professionals.
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Glenn2020(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2021
Trace the origin the lecturer,is from ogun State..most of the ogun State lecturer have likely characteristics of that kind of punishment...
Re: LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making by Richy4(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2021
lolu2019:
I believe that any child that want to learn will still have to go through some kind of discipline.they r undergraduates not professionals.

They are undergraduates.. you are right in that aspect... where u got it wrong was calling a young adult a child... That is not good and that's the mentality of some of the Nigerian lecturers...

If they want to teach them, they should treat them like adults... when an adult comes to your house or anywhere around u and misbehaves, u don't ask him or her to kneel down. u ask him or her out of your house.. or you walk out on them...

even in an organization.. how many times have you heard of bosses asking their employees to kneel down over an error?... this guys are aspiring towards being employed or becoming owners of their businesses after graduation...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UPDATED: How Any Student Can Make Money Writing Online. / Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo / Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.