Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? (29276 Views)

6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married / Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by emmabest2000(m): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
spoilt:
finances definitely. how to share money and bills

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by malakus(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Your achievements and dreams
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Addicted2Women: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
stagger:

If Evans wife had asked that question, she would have known how to correlate his earnings with the jeeps they had and the N20m he gave her for "house renovation". It is a very pertinent question.

He would have lied to her

How old are you ??

You think a hardened criminal would disclose their occupation to their spouses ??

I will flog you

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Templerun95:
I date one smelly and stinky Igbo gal
My mama warn not to marry any girl from Evans tribe
I don't knw why
Is that tribe full of criminals cry cry
why can't you grow a DICK instead of becoming one.

6 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by iHart(m): 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nairaland pushing very old topics to front page. Does it mean no new and meaningful thread is being created again? Nairaland needs to evolve oh

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Quinn22(f): 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Odikwa serious shocked shocked
Islander:
Finance is indeed top priority for me.  I will need to ensure that the person I marry is financially able to take care of himself first before I attempt to proceed. Next will be his past ( criminal records etc). Education, religion, interests, medical and all the other little things that I think I should know,
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by pimpchi(m): 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
I think finance, dreams and aspirations, family, health and spirituality are really really important....
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by gawk: 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Islander:
Finance is indeed top priority for me.  I will need to ensure that the person I marry is financially able to take care of himself first before I attempt to proceed. Next will be his past ( criminal records etc). Education, religion, interests, medical and all the other little things that I think I should know,

How old are you?.. you talk like a toddler, if all this you stated are your priorities in order of preference..then marriage shouldn't be even a priority in the next 15 years for you.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Templerun95(f): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
victorious001:
why can't you grow a DICK instead of becoming one.
are u Igbo.....cos am perceiving something bad from ur underwear here cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by ozimec(m): 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
Islander:

Hey! Did I hear criminal records? Loools..another Evans loading.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by shumuel(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tioluwa:
What are some of the issues you discussed when you were in courtship or now you are in courtship or when you think you will be in courtship?

This is very amusing, by next month this thread would be 10year.

Well, everything and anything, just discuss what would make you know and understand the other person better.

grin There is always hope wink

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by 2aces(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
folakemigeh:
Love making is very paramount. Please disregard anybody saying sex isn't that important. We enjoy sex as much as you guys do( if not more ) but we only don't kiss and tell as you guys do.
Finances do also matter but as long as both parties are doing something everything should be fine.

I can't imagine myself being married to a man that won't touch me at least once a week
My exact kinda bae right there!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by krissconnect(m): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
Sex positions like doggy,catty.. Preffered one during dry or wet season. That's the most important thing to be dicussed
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
spoilt:
finances definitely. how to share money and bills
Is that really important...??
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by krissconnect(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Templerun95:
I date one smelly and stinky Igbo gal
My mama warn not to marry any girl from Evans tribe
I don't knw why
Is that tribe full of criminals cry cry
Child of hate.
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by fuckpro: 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
folakemigeh:
Love making is very paramount. Please disregard anybody saying sex isn't that important. We enjoy sex as much as you guys do( if not more ) but we only don't kiss and tell as you guys do.
Finances do also matter but as long as both parties are doing something everything should be fine.

I can't imagine myself being married to a man that won't touch me at least once a week
...hello with a body like that you need not worry about sex,we have a lot in common
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Beey(f): 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tioluwa:
What are some of the issues you discussed when you were in courtship or now you are in courtship or when you think you will be in courtship?
If you
Are a Christian, get a book called "Before you do" by Bishop T.D.Jakes.You'll learn so much that needs to be discussed before marriage e.g. Health,Finances,Goals,Number of kids,How do you handle disagreements,Do you have a will & would you like us to talk about it,How much role will in-laws play on our marriage,Do you have a criminal history?etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by vicben27(m): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
blood group, genotype, Religion and dedication,
, sex( i love am lik tomoro no dy), kids n family life, Bussinesses/future(alternative sources of income). n most importantly no third party in our marriage or i no do. we must be able to solve our personal issues witin d confines of our marimonial home. n so help me God

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Krossbow123: 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
there is no questions to ask my dear. marriage is a mystery.. no book can ever point u in d right directions. same as asking questions.. no amount of prayers can reveal anything because the answers u get will be based on what will make u happy

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Jazmiynne: 12:13am On Jun 19, 2017
soberdrunk:
This is why "divorce" is so high nowadays, people have turned "relationships" to 'social project' where you scrutinize, analyze, strategize, some even have "requirements" and "qualifications' as if you are applying for a job. I am not saying there is anything wrong in looking out for certain traits in your partner but when you put 'requirements' before love it wont end well, a lot of ladies have pushed aside the guys they truly love for the guy the fits the profile of the 'ideal guy' and they finally end up in unhappy homes. To answer your question, no matter how much or how long you discuss issues during courtship, new issues and new challenges will always come up, the major issue you should be worried about is whether you are at least "95%" certain deep down that you are 'absolutely' in love with your partner not just 'physically' but spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, intellectually and any other 'ly' that will last 'forever'(or at least the next 30-50 years because the life expectancy in Nigeria is now50-60 ish), if you are certain about this then any other issue or challenge, no matter how big will be a 'piece of cake'......... angry

Love isn't everything. If a couple doesn't ask each other the right questions and allow themselves to be blindfolded into believing that love alone will see them through hell and high water, I'd say they are setting themselves up for a lifetime of regrets.

True, no matter how hard u try u can't know everything about the individual before marriage... But the issues that are deal breakers for you (that is issues u already know now that u can't imagine living ur life with), please ask o... Let it be that you are even aware and yet still choose to lovingly enter. Mbok ask o to avoid stories that touch.

Marriage would definitely hit you up with some surprises both good and bad even if you like date for 10years. Hence I strongly believe in reducing the bad surprises to the best of one's ability before the marriage

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Lexusgs430: 12:15am On Jun 19, 2017
This MOD must be a snail, took them almost 10 years to move this to permanent site.......

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by tydi(m): 12:22am On Jun 19, 2017
Islander:

aunty Jesus is coming soon!
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:31am On Jun 19, 2017
YOUR WEDDING MC lol

Watch me MC weddings here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Do u think you can cope with your partner's:
1. weakness(es)
2. past

More so, you should avoid comparing your r/shp with others.
The fact is that you must learn to agree now so that you can really become ONE when you finally get married.

My future wife should:
i. Never give me an advice that will break me but rather make me; religiously & materially.
ii. Never stop me from giving to the needy,,,regardless of my r/shp with them.
iii. Prepare herself for distance at times, of course, I can't stay within the walls of Naija till my death.
iv. Prepare her mind towards being self-employed. Though she may need to serve before things work out for me as wished.

My hopes though
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by AK481(m): 12:51am On Jun 19, 2017
folakemigeh:

Your booobs are very firm.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by ikp120(m): 12:55am On Jun 19, 2017
folakemigeh:

You look like a girl who is called Ugly. I still wonder why she is called Ugly. angry

BTW, your point on sex is valid.
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Aquariann: 1:14am On Jun 19, 2017
I have nothing to say other than to offer a word of encouragement to everyone (especially job seekers and couples looking for a child) who reads this my comment.

Destiny can be delayed but never changed. What will be would surely be. Never give up on your hopes and aspirations in life.

If this thread created 10 solid years ago and with only about five comments can still make front page, then never give up. Keep digging.

Enjoy your week guys

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 19, 2017
folakemigeh:

Mature talk,,,u aren't like them,,,,hypocrites.

Confimed you love sex very well(usin u as example),

Can you really/faithfully distant yourself from your partner for 2yrs, at least, before you two get married,,,, having no side-guy to get you satisfied sexually?

I nid ur reply,,,,,pls

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 19, 2017
2007,wow I wasn't even born then shocked this mods are really slipping.
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by Toks2008(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2017
Tioluwa:

Anybody can tell you anything so for me it's time to investigate her and do serious due diligence and that will let me know the real her.
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by omusiliyu(m): 2:55am On Jun 19, 2017
10 years ago thread...

SMH 4 the mods
Re: What Are Some Of The Issues To Be Discussed During Courtship ? by emiarire(f): 3:04am On Jun 19, 2017
soberdrunk:
This is why "divorce" is so high nowadays, people have turned "relationships" to 'social project' where you scrutinize, analyze, strategize, some even have "requirements" and "qualifications' as if you are applying for a job. I am not saying there is anything wrong in looking out for certain traits in your partner but when you put 'requirements' before love it wont end well, a lot of ladies have pushed aside the guys they truly love for the guy the fits the profile of the 'ideal guy' and they finally end up in unhappy homes. To answer your question, no matter how much or how long you discuss issues during courtship, new issues and new challenges will always come up, the major issue you should be worried about is whether you are at least "95%" certain deep down that you are 'absolutely' in love with your partner not just 'physically' but spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, intellectually and any other 'ly' that will last 'forever'(or at least the next 30-50 years because the life expectancy in Nigeria is now50-60 ish), if you are certain about this then any other issue or challenge, no matter how big will be a 'piece of cake'......... angry
woow! i love this.... finally someone dt thinks straight. undecided For me, dis best answers d question asked, enough said!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates / Please Help, How Do I Get Over My Abusive Relationship That Is Draining My Blood / How Can I Avoid Having A Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.