Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79912 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by asscend: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ibime:

I just hope these ridiculous transfer rumours following AVB is all media speculation.

Why do Chelsea wait till a player is overvalued before showing interest?

Wesley Sneijder spent all summer 2009 waiting for an interested party before Inter copped him for £13m. Now Chelsea could bid up to £40m for the same player.

Falcao was on the market 2 summers ago for £4m and Liverpool turned their noses up at him, allowing him to go to Porto, when they had been chasing him all summer. Now Chelsea showing interest to the tune of £25m.

Joao Moutinho (poor man's Modric/Valero - and one of Nateevs "Lampard-replacements"wink flopped in Sporting, was available for £9m last summer, now being quoted at £35m to join Chelsea, in order to do nothing but pass ball in midfield with sum total of 2 goals and 2 assists per season.

One would think Chelsea scouts sit in their office playing with their testicles all day. . . . . or in reality, mad man Roman does what he wants, when he wants. . . with his limited knowledge of footie, whilst the likes of Ron Gourlay dictate transfer policy.

You are right on the points raised; however the fact to all arguments about Chelsea is that it is owned by a billionaire who does what he feels like.  Money is not the object here as the money he spends in a season is what he makes in 2 business deals.

If you want to begin to reason why this or why that, my brov it will blow your mind so relax and enjoy what is served up from Stamford bridge.  From buying Toys(players) at well inflated prices to hireing and sacking managers at ridiculous amounts of compensations.  Its only from Stamford bridge.  

One thing is sure the club is run from the yatch on one of the gulf seas.  Afterall he is the owner and not just the owner a wealthy owner,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ibime:

I just hope these ridiculous transfer rumours following AVB is all media speculation.

Why do Chelsea wait till a player is overvalued before showing interest?

Wesley Sneijder spent all summer 2009 waiting for an interested party before Inter copped him for £13m. Now Chelsea could bid up to £40m for the same player.

Falcao was on the market 2 summers ago for £4m and Liverpool turned their noses up at him, allowing him to go to Porto, when they had been chasing him all summer. Now Chelsea showing interest to the tune of £25m.

Joao Moutinho (poor man's Modric/Valero - and one of Nateevs "Lampard-replacements"wink flopped in Sporting, was available for £9m last summer, now being quoted at £35m to join Chelsea, in order to do nothing but pass ball in midfield with sum total of 2 goals and 2 assists per season.

One would think Chelsea scouts sit in their office playing with their testicles all day. . . . . or in reality, mad man Roman does what he wants, when he wants. . . with his limited knowledge of footie, whilst the likes of Ron Gourlay dictate transfer policy.

We have a fantastic defender in Bayern his name is Daniel Van Buyten. He is 6ft5 tall. He is the lovechild of Nesta and Maldini

We want to sell him for 40m but because of paddy to paddy, I would give him for 27m.

Roman Abramovich are you listening
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by somze(f): 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
Villas Boas has been confirmed. It's a step in the right direction.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ nateevs

That was simply some hyperbole at play and nothing more. The fact is, apart from two midseason sacks, the majority (3 out of 5) get fired at the end of the season after failing to win. That's 60% of the sack rate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ibime:

Bros abeg go siddon. When I was talking up Sneijder and VDV here you were telling me about ninny mid-fielders. Now your eyes have seen the light and you talking about Sneijder. Did you talk about Sneijder being cheap when he was asked to leave Real? Which kain Moutinho flop for Lisbon? Stop talking crap. Moutinho grew up in Lisbon. He joined Lisbon since he was 14. He was their ever present captain. 163 apps. He hardly missed a game for Lisbon until their 09/10 season where he had a bad season and that reduced his value. How can he flop when he was there for 10 years? and played and a first team player for 6 years? Oh you mean he flopped for 6 years!

The same Moutinho AVB asked for as soon as he took the Porto job? Moutinho was converted from a creative mid-fielder to a combative mid-fielder. Not everything is stats man. Some players turn up and keep things simple. Like Jose liked Mikel.
Mikel hardly gets injured, never gets an assist and never scores. Yet when he doesn't play you know.

No be you dey shout make Chelsea buy Jefferson Farfan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

@ nateevs

That was simply some hyperbole at play and nothing more. The fact is, apart from two midseason sacks, the majority (3 out of 5) get fired at the end of the season after failing to win. That's 60% of the sack rate.

Naah! That was perennial bull.shit from Debo. Except you got found out this time around! . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

Naah! That was perennial bull.poo from Debo. Except you got found out this time around! . .

Found out how? Majority of Chelski managers get fired for not winning and nateevs believes this current one is somehow different because he paid more money to get him? cheesy

Even the ones fired mid-season can be attributed to a trend indicating they wouldn't win so what is the noise about?

Saying Roman will give Boamorte grin a chance (maybe because he has a beard like RA grin) when he's serially fired coaches in the past 8 years? cheesy

Talk about BS - you invented the stuff. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
Welcome AVB . . . Hope you shut down your doubters!
Now let's get out there and buy some players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ Nateevs,

Shut your trap! Ninny midfielders I referred to were exactly Diego and Moutinho. For you, Diego was your number one choice. The more ninnier the better for you. VDV and Sneijder I said would be alright, but not as a replacement for Lamps. My barbs were aimed mostly at Diego who must play at the point and has no usefulness otherwise. Who are you to tell me about VDV and Sneijder like say you discovered them when as an Ajax fan I've prolly watched them since their debut. My friend you better stick to your Robinho and Diego stories and stop talking megedefegede here. What can you tell me about VDV and Sneijder? Was I not the one who told you why Real were unhappy with Sneider ie, his girlfriend had left him and he was depressed and gaining weight, not putting effort in training etc. There is no player in footie you can tell me about hombre, I know every detail.

And Moutinho has been poor at Sporting for 2 seasons at least, hence he missed out on 2010 WC whilst Sporting finish midtable. If Moutinho had been sold to a British club, he woulda been sold for £7m, not the £9m he was sold to rivals Porto for. According to you, he was a direct replacement for Lampard. Replacement for who? Please google his goals and assists for last season then we talk about replacements. At best he can only compliment Lampard. We had this debate in summer 2008, the following season after which Lamps scored 20 goals and 20 assists and the season after he scored 27 goals and 18 assists. If you had any dignity, during which time Diego (your no1 choice) went from grace to grass. If you had any dignity, you woulda conceded the argument by now instead of colouring the argument in another light. The debate was never whether these are good player but whether they are replacements for Lamps, which they are definitlely NOT. Bros, this is 2011, not 2008. Come with something new abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Found out how? Majority of Chelski managers get fired for not winning and nateevs believes this current one is somehow different because he paid more money to get him? cheesy

Even the ones fired mid-season can be attributed to a trend indicating they wouldn't win so what is the noise about?

Saying Roman will give Boamorte grin a chance (maybe because he has a beard like RA grin) when he's serially fired coaches in the past 8 years? cheesy

Talk about BS - you invented the stuff. grin

You said you DID NOT say he fired all managers for not winning stuff. . . And i pointed that out to you.
Did you omit that too? You are never patient enough to understand the context of argument before you jump on another one.

Incase you missed it, here it is again.

I didn’t say ALL managers are fired for not winning; however the number of coaches fired for not winning is not insignificant

Quote from: debosky on Today at 12:29:53 AM
It is unreasonable to think Roman is suddenly interested in a coach he'll allow to stay if he comes close but doesn't win, when "all" the previous managers have been sacked for not winning.
His age notwithstanding, he wouldn't have been hired if not for his trophy winning at Porto - if he fails to deliver one in his first season, I'm afraid he'll be sacked just like the rest of them.

What are you on about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ibime:

@ Nateevs,

Shut your trap! Ninny midfielders I referred to were exactly Diego and Moutinho. For you, Diego was your number one choice. The more ninnier the better for you. VDV and Sneijder I said would be alright, but not as a replacement for Lamps. My barbs were aimed mostly at Diego who must play at the point and has no usefulness otherwise. Who are you to tell me about VDV and Sneijder like say you discovered them when as an Ajax fan I've prolly watched them since their debut. My friend you better stick to your Robinho and Diego stories and stop talking megedefegede here. What can you tell me about VDV and Sneijder? Was I not the one who told you why Real were unhappy with Sneider ie, his girlfriend had left him and he was depressed and gaining weight, not putting effort in training etc. There is no player in footie you can tell me about hombre, I know every detail.

And Moutinho has been poor at Sporting for 2 seasons at least, hence he missed out on 2010 WC whilst Sporting finish midtable. If Moutinho had been sold to a British club, he woulda been sold for £7m, not the £9m he was sold to rivals Porto for. According to you, he was a direct replacement for Lampard. Replacement for who? Please google his goals and assists for last season then we talk about replacements. At best he can only compliment Lampard. We had this debate in summer 2008, the following season after which Lamps scored 20 goals and 20 assists and the season after he scored 27 goals and 18 assists. If you had any dignity, during which time Diego (your no1 choice) went from grace to grass. If you had any dignity, you woulda conceded the argument by now instead of colouring the argument in another light. The debate was never whether these are good player but whether they are replacements for Lamps, which they are definitlely NOT. Bros, this is 2011, not 2008. Come with something new abeg.

Abegi go siddon. Na you tell me about VDV and Sneijder? I have been following Dutch football since I was 14. My best international team is Holland. Don't tell me what you didn't tell me. I follow everything Dutch from players to managers. Hence my knowledge about Sneijder and VDV. I even quoted your posts only a few weeks ago in 08 telling me how VDV was not the real deal.

Big liar for who you are. Don't feed us with crap. Moutinho was bad for 2 seasons yet AVB wanted him. AVB saw what he could bring to the plate.

And yes I stand by my Diego replacement for Lamps argument till simply because you always fail to quote the addendum to the assertion. . . "We have to change our style". . You keep acting like other teams don't win things without Lamps. What happen to teams who don't have mid-fielders that score 20 goals and have 20 assists a season. I stand by what I said.

As evidenced by what we've seen with Sneijder and VDV, with a different manager, and a new team any player can achieve what they want. Because Dieog flopped at Juve means shite. And you keep telling Robinho flopped at City . . Dude scored 14 goals from 30 apps as a wing forward in his first season in the PL, playing for a team he thought was Manchester United.

Robinho would have cut at Chelsea! There is nothing to suggest he would not.

If you want to harp on about Diego, carry on!. However after we talk about Farfan!.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

If you want to harp on about Diego, carry on!. However after we talk about Farfan!.

Whats wrong with Farfan? Farfan delivers 10-12 goals per season, similar number of assists and is just as good as any winger at Chelsea, and fits into Chelsea style very well. Very hardworking up and down with work ethic of someone like Luis Valencia. At £8m, he was well-priced whilst Robinho was a £30m flop who would never cut it in the prem.

nateevs:

And yes I stand by my Diego replacement for Lamps argument till simply because you always fail to quote the addendum to the assertion. . . "We have to change our style". .

I feel sorry for the teams who changed their whole style of play to accomodate Diego. . . . Juventus and Wolfsburg for example. . .  grin grin grin

Besides, you dont change style of play overnight, ask Torres. Diego woulda gone the same way as Deco. . . a misfit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
I feel sorry for the teams who changed their whole style of play to accomodate Diego. . . . Juventus and Wolfsburg for example. . .

Besides, you dont change style of play overnight, ask Torres. Diego woulda gone the same way as Deco. . . a misfit.

Dude you cannot put the cart before the horse. He did not become a misfit before trying to accommodate him. (And why in God's name are you spelling accommodate with one "M"? Your PC no get spell check? grin grin).

Bros I no dey argue this ting again sef. I don tire. Oya you win. Diego is a flop. It's best he didn't come to Chelsea.

Meanwhile a few links are linking us with Thiago Alcantara at 15m Euros. (Chelsea price). .I will go bring him myself.
What sayeth thou?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

You said you DID NOT say he fired all managers for not winning stuff. . . And i pointed that out to you.
Did you omit that too? You are never patient enough to understand the context of argument before you jump on another one.

Incase you missed it, here it is again.

Lateefu is comprehension of the word hyperbole beyond you?

In case you missed it:

hyperbole: is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Dunno why you're getting so hypersensitive these days. . . you can't even spot chain yanking speech anymore? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs is frustrated. . . .

i hope the mods keep this thread safe till the next 12 months when we will be discussing villas-boas performance after one season - we could be discussing his departure as well. i trust nateevs though to cook more excuses. lethargic reasons like qpr's win ratio was better than chelsea's or villas-boas slept with roman's mistress and all sorts of nonsense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
Hehehehe.

On the contrary, you guys are disguising your fears. We should keep this thread for 12months so we have a lot to laugh at.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
Please lemme sign disclaimer that I think Villas Boas is a good manager.

My only bugbear is Romans attitude to spending.

I dont want to come back in 2014 and hear Nateevs claiming that I said Villas Boas is a poor signing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
nateevs:

Hehehehe.

On the contrary, you guys are disguising your fears. We should keep this thread for 12months so we have a lot to laugh at.

fear? he will be another ferguson's bit[i]c[/i]h . . .roman keeps signing them, fergie keeps beating them and getting them sacked. the only people you can use the word fear for are the fans of arsenal, man city, tottenham, etc. . . .i support man utd and my team has won more league titles than chelsea since the roman revolution that have spent over £1 billion on chelsea.

no one here is saying villas-boas is not good enough. . . .he is an excellent manager but not suited for chelsea with the quick fire and tyrannical approach roman deploys when there's a little title drought. in any other club willing to build a squad for a short period, the young manager will excel 100%. with chelsea, where titles are meant to be delivered immediately regardless of the shape and balance of the squad, it's almost impossible.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

no one here is saying villas-boas is not good enough. . . .he is an excellent manager but not suited for chelsea with[b] the quick fire and tyrannical approach roman deploys[/b] when there's a little title drought. in any other club willing to build a squad for a short period, the young manager will excel 100%. with chelsea, w[b]here titles are meant to be delivered immediately regardless of the shape and balance of the squad, it's almost impossible.[/b]

Maybe we need to put this in size 100 font for Lateefu to understand. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Maybe we need to put this in size 100 font for Lateefu to understand. cheesy

Now you and your cohort are saying gumgum now when you all have obviously forgotten where it all started from.

You Debo said[i] "He'll crash and burn". . "He's a glorified match reader" "Even Kit men at Chelsea know what he knows about players" "Sweaty ears, Jose wannabe"[/i] . . . And now you are siding with the words that need to be put in font size 100 solely for Lateefu to understand.

How do the above quotes bear resemblance to[i] "We are not saying he is good enough" [/i]. . . ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
*Sigh*

nateevs:

Now you and your cohort are saying gumgum now when you all have obviously forgotten where it all started from.

You Debo said[i] "He'll crash and burn". . "He's a glorified match reader" "Even Kit men at Chelsea know what he knows about players" "Sweaty ears, Jose wannabe"[/i] . . . And now you are siding with the words that need to be put in font size 100 solely for Lateefu to understand.

Crash and burn = fired for not winning, not because he's lacking, but because Chelski demands immediate success and he will find that difficult (if not impossible) to achieve in an ultra competitive EPL.

As for the Jose wannabe and glorified match recorder (not reader cheesy) comments those are all examples of tongue-in-cheek hyperbole - must I keep reminding you I was yanking your chain? grin

How do the above quotes bear resemblance to[i] "We are not saying he is good enough" [/i]. . . ?

I agree - to Lateefu who has no comprehension of baiting/hyperbole/chain yanking, there can be no semblance. grin

Maybe by next week the definition of hyperbole would've sunk in. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
coogar:

i am willing to bet he won't survive a season in the premier league. villas-boas is an excellent manager but asking him to swim with the sharks in the premier league at this stage is premature.

chelsea will ruin this charismatic excellent manager cos if he fails to succeed, his stock will sink and it will be damn too unfortunate.

nateevs, the above was my first comment on andrea villas-boas move to chelsea. . . . . .he's a very good manager, one of the very best scouts you can find in europe these days. fitting into chelsea is the big issue here not the young manager's ability. nothing really works at chelsea. since roman's era, the billionaire has spent £77 million on signing managers and paying-out compensations after sacking them. . . .that on it's own is a disgrace!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
debosky:

Villas Boas?

A premature move - he hasn't had sufficient experience to make this move, especially at a pressure cooker environment like Chelski.

It's one thing to romp to Portuguese titles being the only team of note, it's another coming to the EPL. If he doesn't deliver in the first season, will he also get sacked?

If that's the case, this is another clear example of maga must pay.

For reference this is what I have said initially - premature move.

Even Jose spent more than one season at Porto before moving.

As you can see, Sharon and I are singing from the same hymn sheet. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2011
@nateevs, yeah you mentioned "inspiration" but I would also like to say that it is obvious he learnt more from Jose.

@debosky. which one be ya one? RA say him wan spend, you are there counting his money. To ba wu e, l'o fi ori gba gate.  cheesy

@all, no shakes. ina njo, ogiri oosa. AVB it is. All hail the "new" one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2011
FBS:

@nateevs, yeah you mentioned "inspiration" but I would also like to say that it is obvious he learnt more from Jose.

Learnt what exactly?
What did McClaren learn from Fergie?

Being an under-study to a good coach like JM doesn't mean he will be like him.
One thing I know is Chelsea is a very difficult team to manage . . . players with egos and all sorts.
AVB will have his hands full.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2011
chamotex:

Learnt what exactly?

One thing I know is Chelsea is a very difficult team to manage . . . players with egos and all sorts.

Sharap. He went on to win a treble in his second season as manager. Look at his track record for a guy who never played football and tell me he didn't learn anything.

You get the feeling some guys just like to opposed even though sometimes it clearly makes no sense to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2011
FBS:

I never said he didn't. I just said he prefers Bobby Robson's style of football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2011
chamotex:

Learnt what exactly?

One thing I know is Chelsea is a very difficult team to manage  . . . players with egos and all sorts.

villas-boas is an excellent manager - he pays attention to every detail. i saw one of his leaked scouting report for jose mourinho when they once worked for chelsea and boy-o-boy, i am yet to see a more detailed pre-match analysis showing the strengths n weakness of their opponent(newcastle). chelsea ended up winning 3-0.

the only glitch here is. . . . . .will chelsea create an enabling environment for this man to thrive? in any other club in the top 5, i will be very wary of what villas-boas will add but @ chelsea, i don't think so. the question of power player is there(john terry, frank lampard, drogba), then there's the owner who behaves like a tyrant and there are other issues as well.

i can't wait for next season. . . . .it looks promising already. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2011
nateevs:

Sharap. He went on to win a treble in his second season as manager. Look at his track record for a guy who never played football and tell me he didn't learn anything.

You get the feeling some guys just like to opposed even though sometimes it clearly makes no sense to.

grin grin
Good achievement - Porto are the kings of Portuguese football. Its very possible they will win the league again next season with their new manager.
And I'd like to think you are not comparing the EPL to the Portuguese league.

And the only notable record he has was last season  . . . so what other track record are you on about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2011
chamotex:

grin grin
Good achievement - Porto are the kings of Portuguese football. Its very possible they will win the league again next season with their new manager.
And I'd like to think you are not comparing the EPL to the Portuguese league.

And the only notable record he has was last season  . . . so what other track record are you on about?

portugese league is weak. anyone thinking his achievements in portugal will be replicated here must be a coke addict. there are more competent teams in the premier league now. there are even clubs who can outspend roman abramovic if they want to. he's going to have it tough unless roman makes a major overhauling of chelsea(sending the old dogs away and starting afresh with villas-boas preference).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 11:27am On Jun 23, 2011
coogar:

villas-boas is an excellent manager - he pays attention to every detail. i saw one of his leaked scouting report for jose mourinho when they once worked for chelsea and boy-o-boy, i am yet to see a more detailed pre-match analysis showing the strengths n weakness of their opponent(newcastle). chelsea ended up winning 3-0.

the only glitch here is. . . . . .will chelsea create an enabling environment for this man to thrive? in any other club in the top 5, i will be very wary of what villas-boas will add but @ chelsea, i don't think so. the question of power player is there(john terry, frank lampard, drogba), then there's the owner who behaves like a tyrant and there are other issues as well.

i can't wait for next season. . . . .it looks promising already. grin

Obviously he is a good coach . . . no doubt.
But believing the fact that because he worked under JM, he will achieve the same height as him is ridiculous to say the least.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2011
coogar:

portugese league is weak. anyone thinking his achievements in portugal will be replicated here must be a coke addict. there are more competent teams in the premier league now. there are even clubs who can outspend roman abramovic if they want to. he's going to have it tough unless roman makes a major overhauling of chelsea(sending the old dogs away and starting afresh with villas-boas preference).

Amodu Shuaibu would win the Portuguese league with the resources/power they have over there.
He already said he's targeting all FOUR trophies . . . so lets wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.