Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79948 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by biodun70(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
nateevs:

Buncha fickle fans. Torres despite his outrageous 50m move is one of the best strikers to grace the earth. He's had one bad season. Just one. He didn't price himself at 50m. Roman was stupi.d to buy him at that amount. Especially when it was clear for the world to see it was his worst season ever.

However, saying he offers nothing is bs at best. It's like comments coming from people who don't watch Chelsea games. He hasn't brought the goals but if he did, would anyone be complaining he doesn't offer anything?

It's complaining about the wrong things. Dude has had just barely 5 Months in a blue shirt. He played in a partnership with Drogba, the most ineffective strike team ever, and when he's played on his own, Carlotti never deployed the wide men as wingers. True he had many chances he could have converted with his eyes closed, the reality however is that, he switches styles, friends, manager, tactics, style of play, mid-way through the season and anyone expecting him to hit the ground running is deceitful. Not even our beloved Drogba did. Veron and Sheva came from different leagues. Torres has played in the league and knows what it takes.

Taking into account that he walked into a Chelsea side that was losing games all over and had it's worst run to a PL campaign for 10 years, it's no wonder the disease spread.

My point is, cut this pointless criticism, lock it up somewhere until the end of next season. Until then, let's see how they promised to build the team around Torres. The next manager should watch hours of tape of how Torres succeeded at Liverpool and try to infuse that into the overall supposed new playing style.

Until then, just have some flipping patience.

Dude, for 50 million Mama Charlie you're expected to hit the ground running; infact, your expected to spend more time on the run than Usain Bolt  grin.
Jokes apart, this is a player on the decline. Check out his stats(App/goals) in the Premiership: '07-08=33/24 ,'08-09= 24/14, '09-10=22/18, '10-11=23/9  Jan-May '11(Chelsea)=14/1.  Stats. don't lie!.

Granted it wasn't his fault that he was overpriced and Chelsea took the bait, but he was bought to SCORE GOALS!. He failed miserably in this task and he has to take some of the flak for this nightmarish season. Of course, if he had brought the goal we won't even be having ths discussion; but he has not! and that is difficult to take.

He hasn't added much to the team either-compare him to a certain Wayne Rooney, and you'll see what I mean. When Rooney had his personal goal drought he was still 'untouchable' in the first team because he was bringing other players into play and creating loads of scoring opportunities for his team mates.

Saying 'Torres has played in the league and knows what it takes' is not enough either-because the soul may be willing but the flesh( or legs) is weak. Torres has not been the same player since his knee surgery in April 2010. Building our title challenge, next season, around him is a big No-No

By the way, who're you calling fickle?  angry   So not cool, mon ami
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
tayo_ast:

What lang is that?

Yoruba for lone tree in d bush?

You are feeling me then! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2011

Dude, for 50 million Mama Charlie you're expected to hit the ground running; infact, your expected to spend more time on the run than Usain Bolt  grin.
Jokes apart, this is a player on the decline. Check out his stats(App/goals) in the Premiership: '07-08=33/24 ,'08-09= 24/14, '09-10=22/18, '10-11=23/9  Jan-May '11(Chelsea)=14/1.  Stats. don't lie!.

Your assertions are skewed mate. Take at look at the stats you are pulling out. You are sinking your own ship. In 09/10, that's four goals shy of a 1-1 apps to goals ratio. That does not look like a decline to me. You are looking at the sheer amount of goals scored without considering the number of games in which he scored them and calling that a decline. Does that not count?

Plus don't act like he was playing across the Atlantic. We all know how he was the be and all at Liverpool. Many reports abound of how he was constantly rushed back from injury without adequate rest because he was the only one who knew how to score a goal at Liverpool. Benitez sold off Crouch, Bellamy, Keane and spent over 60m on dead legs.

Granted it wasn't his fault that he was overpriced and Chelsea took the bait, but he was bought to SCORE GOALS!. He failed miserably in this task and he has to take some of the flak for this nightmarish season. Of course, if he had brought the goal we won't even be having ths discussion; but he has not! and that is difficult to take.

He hasn't added much to the team either-compare him to a certain Wayne Rooney, and you'll see what I mean. When Rooney had his personal goal drought he was still 'untouchable' in the first team because he was bringing other players into play and creating loads of scoring opportunities for his team mates.

Saying 'Torres has played in the league and knows what it takes' is not enough either-because the soul may be willing but the flesh( or legs) is weak. Torres has not been the same player since his knee surgery in April 2010. Building our title challenge, next season, around him is a big No-No

By the way, who're you calling fickle?  angry   So not cool, mon ami

You are countering your own argument. One time you want him to hit the ground running, the next time you think it's a big NO NO building our title challenge around him. Also you said he was bought to score goals in one argument and in another you liken him to Rooney. You have to stand by one argument.

Torres is not Rooney ok? Fergie deployed Rooney to play from deep because Rooney can. Simple! If we want Rooney, we should have offered Utd 50m. We didn't, so we bought Torres. And Torres like RVN doesn't play from deep to bring people into play. How do you think Hernandez will fare if he was asked to do what Rooney does?

I said Torres should have scored some glaring opportunities. I acknowledged that in my previous post. However, 4 months in a Chelsea shirt with a sudden change of style and system and a lack of confidence, you need to have patience. Have a go all you want end of next season after he's had a full season. For now, he's not worthy of the criticism.

Ask around here, I am the one who will criticize and ask to bench any dude that under performs for too long. And I am not a Torres fan either. I just know when you are supposed to be patient.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
if torres gets a proper pre-season with his new teammates in chelsea, he will outscore any chelsea striker next season. form is temporary, class is permanent. there's still life in the old dog.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
All will be revealed next season, although dude looks physically challenged to me. I am also of the view that his "flesh is weak".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On Jun 14, 2011
Torres is grossly overrated

I have always been of the opinion that Torres was never as good as the English media made him to be. In his almost 10yrs career he has only been decent at Liverpool for 2seasons.

There is a reason why Spain had to drop him to win the Mundial.

If Villa who was capped later, played fewer games can outscore him then you know he is a useless player or would you complain that Spanish midfielders don't create opportunities for him also?

Per stats he is the worst striker to have ever played for Spain Villa, Raul, Morientes were all better even though the latter 2 player which a lesser talented midfield
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 10:23am On Jun 14, 2011
Torres? We shall find out next season.

Meanwhile. . .

Kyle Walker is terrific RB or is it just me? Certainly that boy will go places. Quote me if you will.

And by the way, did anyone watch the recently concluded Toulon Festival? I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did anyone notice Monrose? The lad is good.

Also, I watched DS play at the ongoing uefa U-21 and I wasn't too impressed. I could be wrong but my thinking is that his gra-gra too much and kinda selfish. Again, I could be wrong.

I hear say na Mr Guus go be manager. For real?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2011
I wanna know what Ron Gourlay is doing whilst players like Alexis Sanchez, Gervinho, Xherdan Shaqiri, Eden Hazard and such move closer to transfers.

Meanwhile, Inter-Milan and Real would like Essien for £18m but he says he dont wanna go because he enjoys eating yam, stew and turkey tail in Ekubanz restaurant on Tottenham High Road. . . . or is it because he knows his legs cant cut it in a new move so let him enjoy the last 4 years of his contract while being unproductive?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Lokogoma: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Chelsea!!!!!!! must we stick with Hiddick, how about others able coaches like former Barcelona coach, lets deal with issue of coach and think about players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Odunayo9ja(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
Chelsea need new signings to boost their squad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
Ibime:

I wanna know what Ron Gourlay is doing whilst players like Alexis Sanchez, Gervinho, Xherdan Shaqiri, Eden Hazard and such move closer to transfers.

Meanwhile, Inter-Milan and Real would like Essien for £18m but he says he dont wanna go because he enjoys eating yam, stew and turkey tail in Ekubanz restaurant on Tottenham High Road. . . . or is it because he knows his legs cant cut it in a new move so let him enjoy the last 4 years of his contract while being unproductive?

£18m for Essien? I will drive him there myself. That's the highest we will ever get for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
Meanwhile, Jefferey Bruma is set to join Hamburg on loan. . . . For 2 years!
Yes 2 years!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
I am hoping the next Chelsea manager will try to experiment with Luiz at DM. I have this feeling . . . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
The way things are going, Arnesen will uproot the academy building and ship it to Hamburg as his next move. grin

Ibime:

Because those players don't want to move to a club that doesn't have a manager. Who wants to be signed and end up with a coach that doesn't want them?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
debosky:

The way things are going, Arnesen will uproot the academy building and ship it to Hamburg as his next move. grin

I am actually quite surprised he hasn't turned up with a bus yet. While I sat here afraid of Arnesen stealing away our young players, little did I know someone at the club was actually sanctioning the moves to do Arnesen a favour. How else do you explain a 2-year loan of a player to a club whose technical director has already supposedly "stolen" 3 of our youngsters?

This is not Arnesen, this is Chelsea's move!.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
[size=18pt]Bayern Munich are keen to sign Chelsea defender Alex, BBC Sport has learned.[/size]
The Bundesliga side turned their attentions to the 28-year-old after failing to agree a fee with Manchester City for defender Jerome Boateng.

Alex's departure would leave Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry and David Luiz as Chelsea's senior centre-backs.

The Blues have yet to move into the transfer market this summer, having spent £71m in January on Luiz and striker Fernando Torres

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13783530.stm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2011
£30m. Or jog on . . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
nateevs:

£30m. Or jog on . . . .

We might as well start making some profit off transfers. grin

Alex is injury prone but leaving the CB gap to be filled by Volatile Luiz is a risk. Hope Bruma will get a chance with nuu-man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 12:02am On Jun 16, 2011
You would be lucky to get Half of that.

30m ko, You think say everybody na Maga?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2011
nateevs:

£30m. Or jog on . . . .

What part of this is difficult to understand?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2011
Spurs reject Chelsea's 22m bid for Luca Modric. 22m will never take Modric away from Spurs. Spurs will hold on for 30m at least when Jones and Henderson have gone for 17m and 20m respectively in the same league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
In today's market, Modric should move for nothing less than 35m, 40m if being sold to a team in the same city and 50m if they are certified magas cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
nateevs:

Spurs reject Chelsea's 22m bid for Luca Modric. 22m will never take Modric away from Spurs. Spurs will hold on for 30m at least when Jones and Henderson have gone for 17m and 20m respectively in the same league.

Maga must payyyyy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
Rumours that Roman wants to offer a "Transfer Director" role to Claude Makelele. I hope he wont be busy watching p0rn in his office instead of scouting players.  smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
You spent valuable time reading that drivel? undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
Ibime:

Rumours that Roman wants to offer a "Transfer Director" role to Claude Makelele. I hope he wont be busy watching p0rn in his office instead of scouting players.  smiley

Did you think JT and Cashley were the only philanderers to grace the books at Chelski FC? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2011
Revealed - How John Terry goes clubbing to avoid being identified:

[img]http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/resources/images/791687/?type=display[/img]

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by MeGaStReEt: 1:49am On Jun 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Luka Modric on his way to Chelsea![/size]

Luka Modric dropped a bombshell on Tottenham when he told Sportsmail he wants to leave White Hart Lane and sign for Chelsea.

The midfielder took the stunning decision to declare his reasons for wanting to join Chelsea, who are preparing a second offer for the Croat in the next 48 hours.

It is an action that will enrage his employers and Spurs supporters, but Modric says he wants to move to a club with ambitions of winning the Barclays Premier League title and is going public to force the issue.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004862/Luka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html#ixzz1PaH6BeWS

I can't wait to see him play for Chelsea, IMO, he's better than Wesley Sneijder. Lampard your time is up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
Lampards time is up whilst Modric feed you 3 goals and 3 assists per season? I laugh in Boko Haram.

No be the same Modric aided and abetted by pass masters like VDV and Huddlestone who copped only 38% possession in our match at White Hart Lane and were also dominated at Stamford Bridge?

What's the obsession with chasing Modric past £30m when Borja Valero and Dusan Tadic do the same job for less than £10m?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by switch47(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
Nonsense club cheesy cheesy bunch a wastes huh!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
What's the obsession with chasing Modric past £30m when Borja Valero and Dusan Tadic do the same job for less than £10m?

Wild guess: He's better than them?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
ritchboy:

Wild guess: He's better than them?

Better than them in what sphere?

Goals scored?
Assists made?
No of chances created?
No of passes made?
No of key passes?
No of passes completed?
No of tackles won?

Or just looking aesthetically pleasing for the fans?

Modric is not a hunter. At best he can make arrows for the hunters to hunt. That makes him a Xabi Alonso type character, for which I say there is no difference between copping Modric and copping Borja Valero!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.