Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,540 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:20 PM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (80271 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Go listen to babez wodumo, busiswa nd d one that sang jerusalema plus sho madjoze. A couple of ur musicians yell while singing. Whenever this naira marley song comes on "am coming" i usually cringe wen it get to south african lady's part. Sometimes i wonder if d microphone she was using was faulty while recording, she had to start yelling.
grin grin grin when someone's saying such that means they were butthurt by initial remarks.

2 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Crap! .. Apart 4rm nasty c, who else raps in south africa?
Apart 4rm bucci nd dz other white guy(forgotten his name) who else sings? Bucci even uses auto tune, mafikizolos too.

busiswa, sho majoze, babes wodumo? Where's d vocal in them.

Btw, what's ur own tribe?
These type of artists you are mentioning do music that doesn't really require superior vocals (Qgom, Kwaito, Mapiano) actually, there are even mapiano songs with actual singing. My point though stands, vocally ...we are unmatched in Africa since the days of Makeba and Brenda Fassie till now.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Crap! .. Apart 4rm nasty c, who else raps in south africa?
Apart 4rm bucci nd dz other white guy(forgotten his name) who else sings? Bucci even uses auto tune, mafikizolos too.

busiswa, sho majoze, babes wodumo? Where's d vocal in them.

Btw, what's ur own tribe?
Why does it matter?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by PROVERBZ(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
IronGalaxy:
They are not thriving. You are a one genre nation
Nigeria has underground entertainment.nmost it the artists u know and that are main stream are based in Lagos. We have underground artists that are very famous in every state that are not as famous country wise.

When it comes to tap and hip-hop. Jos is the hub for rap and hip hop in Nigeria we have artists like ice prince, mI, Jesse jags , jay clipz etc all Jos guys and very famous. They still get more views and plays than with African mains stream musicians.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
IronGalaxy:
So? Drake worked with a South African producer too so? We don't need Americans to validate our music
What producer is that? *scoffs*
we talking artist, u bringing producers.
Ironically u dnt need d americans to validate ur music but u need their awards right? .. Hahahaha very funny.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
IronGalaxy:
grin grin grin when someone's saying such that means they were butthurt by initial remarks.
Hahahaha. Butthurt 4rm wat? . I did admit some of our musicians yells, so what are u trying to get at here. U sound like d one that is butthurt cuz i pointed out a music which one of ur cherished artist was yelling.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
KingCold:
Why does it matter?
I'm just curious?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
KingCold:
These type of artists you are mentioning do music that doesn't really require superior vocals (Qgom, Kwaito, Mapiano) actually, there are even mapiano songs with actual singing. My point though stands, vocally ...we are unmatched in Africa since the days of Makeba and Brenda Fassie till now.
doesnt r n b require superior vocals ?. U should knw u guys are nt d only one with indigenous genre of music. D kind of song king sunny ade sings requires superior vocals nd i think d man was once nominated for grammy. I think they had him play live in a particular grammy award. The man definitely doesnt do afrobeat. Even d likes of wizkid nd davido does afropop nd nt afrobeat. Afrobeat is exclusive to fela's kind of sound. Now there is afrofusion.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
PROVERBZ:
Nigeria has underground entertainment.nmost it the artists u know and that are main stream are based in Lagos. We have underground artists that are very famous in every state that are not as famous country wise.

When it comes to tap and hip-hop. Jos is the hub for rap and hip hop in Nigeria we have artists like ice prince, mI, Jesse jags , jay clipz etc all Jos guys and very famous. They still get more views and plays than with African mains stream musicians.
Jos?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
IronGalaxy:
They are not thriving. You are a one genre nation
Tems doesnt do afrobeat. Apart 4rm amapiano, tell me ur other genre that's thriving nd d artist dat does d genre?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
I'm just curious?
I'm a mixture of tribes
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
doesnt r n b require superior vocals ?. U should knw u guys are nt d only one with indigenous genre of music. D kind of song king sunny ade sings requires superior vocals nd i think d man was once nominated for grammy. I think they had him play live in a particular grammy award. The man definitely doesnt do afrobeat. Even d likes of wizkid nd davido does afropop nd nt afrobeat. Afrobeat is exclusive to fela's kind of sound. Now there is afrofusion.
My gripe is that it all sounds the same

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You know Cassper Nyovest, that means you do recognize some of our artists. Nigerians do Know the likes of Nasty C, AkA etc. that's recognition
They're recognised here. Thanks to our artist by granting them features.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
KingCold:
My gripe is that it all sounds the same
No it doesnt.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
KingCold:
I'm a mixture of tribes
So this is alt? ..

Alright then, Spill.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
No it doesnt.
Ok
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
theTranscriber:
how did they know autotune is used?
s

Coz I've been telling u its standard in Nigerian music.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
theTranscriber:

that Doro song was poorly produced
I've already said that

and those guys are diverse
it's not easy to put 5 artistes like that on a track

give me a song where 5 artistes that are very different sang
I'll show you it's worse off than that Doro

My issue is not the quality of the production but that all the artists used heavy autotune - ALL OF THEM and nonstop.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Where is the "all star" in dija, reekado, korede bello huh ..

you lie. The only users of auto tune in dat song was don jazzy, korede nd dija, maybe dr sid or d prince, i cant remember. Excluding tiwa nd don jazzy, d rest were nt dat big to be called stars. Don jazzy is a producer, it should justify his use of autotune.

Initially I did say I assumed they're all-stars considering Tiwa Savage is there (I wouldn't know coz I'm not a fan of afrobeats). Actually, Tiwa's autotune is the most prominent in that song and u say she didn't use it. Does she have that nasal robotic voice in real life shocked? I think you guys have become so accustomed to autotune you've begun to think it's natural.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

Initially I did say I assumed they're all-stars considering Tiwa Savage is there (I wouldn't know coz I'm not a fan of afrobeats). Actually, Tiwa's autotune is the most prominent in that song and u say she didn't use it. Does she have that nasal robotic voice in real life shocked? I think you guys have become so accustomed to autotune you've begun to think it's natural.
Y are u making d autotune thing sound like some illegal thing. Would u deny dat south african artist dont use it.. Even tory lanez uses it.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
if ur country is the power house of music, i wonder y ur artiste find it hard for their music to be recognised here. So they start to famz nigerian artist nd frolick around them like a pest. Even casper nyovest wished he was a nigerian at a point of time.

SA is indeed a powerhouse of African music but that doesn't mean it's the only one. The fact it's not recognised in Nigeria is testimony to the fact you're a one-genre country (autotuned afrobeats).

All Nigerians into rap acknowledge SA is the African champion, House, amapiano, R&B, Gqom, afropop, choral, opera, orchestral, etc. Nigeria is limited to afrobeats.

I've seen Nigerians frolicking around SA djs and shooting videos in SA instead, I don't know what you're talking about. Right now Nigerian artists are jumping on the amapiano bandwagon to remain relevant coz amapiano is next global phenomenon cool (and yet u say SA is not a powerhouse - I laugh in Xhosa cool)

Cassper Nyovest was referring to how your music is marketed - I mean really, if South Africans wanted to be Nigerians u would see more of us on your streets instead of the other way round. Burna is the one who wants to be South African. He swore he would never set foot in SA until we apologized for xenophobia, but weeks later he was booked for a concert in SA without any apology been issued. Then South Africans objected to his presence in the country and got his concert cancelled for not apologising to South Africans first grin. A few months later Burna was singing in Zulu to appease South Africans. That's levels right there bro, show some respect cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Y are u making d autotune thing sound like some illegal thing. Would u deny dat south african artist dont use it.. Even tory lanez uses it.

I never said it's illegal - I said it's why I don't like afrobeats but theTranscriber dragged the whole thing out and became emotional over it.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Aka uses autotune but its not prominent in our music.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
They're recognised here. Thanks to our artist by granting them features.
So Nigerians only know South African artists featured by Nigerians? That's a big lie
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
What producer is that? *scoffs*
we talking artist, u bringing producers.
Ironically u dnt need d americans to validate ur music but u need their awards right? .. Hahahaha very funny.
DJ maphorisa worked with Drake on that song that also has Wizkid

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Tems doesnt do afrobeat. Apart 4rm amapiano, tell me ur other genre that's thriving nd d artist dat does d genre?
That's cause whatever genre you may call it that side, everything ends up sounding like he same ol' Afrobeat. Maybe its limitations in production, because for a hip hop artist to trully sound hip hop the production must sound like a hip hop production. I think that's also where SA music has an upper hand.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mehnnn! Alot of epistles here nd there. Whats wit u two coming at me at d same time.

u knw wat tmksouth. Create a thread on this. Then lets see how this plays out.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Mehnnn! Alot of epistles here nd there. Whats wit u two coming at me at d same time.

u knw wat tmksouth. Create a thread on this. Then lets see how this plays out.

Lol, u create it and tag us grin - people already think I'm toxic and here to take down Nigeria, and want me permanently banned. Anyway, all of Nigeria will blindly support u on the autotune thing.

Yeah, we'll come at you all at once coz that's the SA spirit cool

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by KingCold: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol, u create it and tag us grin - people already think I'm toxic and here to take down Nigeria, and want me permanently banned. Anyway, all of Nigeria will blindly support u on the autotune thing.

Yeah, we'll come at you all at once coz that's the SA spirit cool
They've already banned mine
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
KingCold:
They've already banned mine

From that UK thread neh? I saw that Liam guy was really pained. Askies man - how long is the ban?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by JaceBlaze: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

Jace shocked?

Not me grin grin but I think I know who dat grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.