Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,046 members, 7,859,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (80226 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Coz we have lovely voices and good taste in music.

Check this attachment where Nigerians themselves admit Davido sounds terrible without autotune, Nigeria's saving grace grin

nonesense
those are Burna boy's fans
they mock Davido for his voice

we still love him
he has a unique voice

stop decieving yourselves with the "we have lovely voices" mantra
I listen to a lot of SA songs
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
check out my previous post angry

Obviously it's not 100% of the time (no one said it is) but it's definitely excessive.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, collaborations of diverse musicians is a staple diet of music industries all over.
To me Nigerian music sounds like this in a nutshell
give me a song where 5 diverse artistes featured on

it will be worse than that
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The one I remember the name of was "Citation"
never heard of that
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Coz we have lovely voices and good taste in music.

Check this attachment where Nigerians themselves admit Davido sounds terrible without autotune, Nigeria's saving grace grin

give me a link to that webpage
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
never heard of that
Check it out. The movie felt like it was playing for 7hours
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
yeah
most of our directors make scenes overly long

I noticed that too

I don't really like Nollywood

they are underfunded
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
you seen the southy love by the same fireboy?

was autotune used?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Obviously it's not 100% of the time (no one said it is) but it's definitely excessive.
okay

I don't see any difference in our "autotune music and every other music in the world unfortunately
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=IronGalaxy post=105595068][/quote]

That Doro song is actually nice for me only coz of the traditional West African drum. It's a bit too fast paced for me and yes chaotic in places but the film production is definitely on point.

But that damn autotune is everywhere dude - even Tiwa Savage is using it throughout grin. I always see her name here but have never heard her music and there she was right now on extreme autotune (SMH). I'm assuming this is an all-star ensemble and for goodness sake all of them where on autotunecry. Even though I kinda enjoyed the beat I honestly couldn't listen to 2 more autotuned tracks after this without slitting my throat.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it was old Nollywood that makes excessive use of sound effects

we've stopped that

we make nicer movies now

That's good. One day you'll also admit that afrobeats was overdoing it.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
nonesense
those are Burna boy's fans
they mock Davido for his voice

we still love him
he has a unique voice

stop decieving yourselves with the "we have lovely voices" mantra
I listen to a lot of SA songs

So Nigerians can criticize Davido and other artists for bad voices (masked with autotune) but SA shouldn't undecided?

It's a fact that SA has lovely voices - deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
give me a link to that webpage

"Please" give me the link to that webpage.

https://www..ng/lists/8-nigerian-musicians-who-sound-terrible-outside-the-studio
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you seen the southy love by the same fireboy?

was autotune used?

From the very 1st second.

But yeah, IronGalaxy please call this one - is there autotune in that Southy Love song?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 2:05am On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

That's good. One day you'll also admit that afrobeats was overdoing it.
nah
their music is the best in the world

no cap

I never liked Nigerian cinema
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 2:06am On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

So Nigerians can criticize Davido and other artists for bad voices (masked with autotune) but SA shouldn't undecided?

It's a fact that SA has lovely voices - deal with it.
there's a difference between Davido's voice is not perfect

and afrobeats is autotune music
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 2:07am On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

"Please" give me the link to that webpage.

https://www..ng/lists/8-nigerian-musicians-who-sound-terrible-outside-the-studio
censored link

why should I say please?
na Wetin?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 2:08am On Sep 08, 2021
TMKsouth:

From the very 1st second.

But yeah, IronGalaxy please call this one - is there autotune in that Southy Love song?
irongalaxy say the truth
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 2:14am On Sep 08, 2021
theTranscriber:
there's a difference between Davido's voice is not perfect

and afrobeats is autotune music

They're related. Singers with good voices would want to showcase them and those without will always hide behind autotune. And a great majority of afrobeats are autotune. That Dodo song with Tiwa Savage and the all-star ensemble is proof of your over reliance on the sound effect (all 5 or 6 artists used it heavily throughout the entire video).

But I guess the focus is on the beat (hence afrobeats) and they've become international stars using the formula so congrats to them. I don't know why you're bothered that silly old man is not a fan.

Anyway, let's drop the autotune thing - I see it bothers u. Don't wanna torture u any further my pal cool

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 2:19am On Sep 08, 2021
theTranscriber:
censored link

why should I say please?
na Wetin?

You'll have to say please if u want the rest of these attachments.

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 2:26am On Sep 08, 2021
Silentgroper:
Dammn!!! .. Lemme hit her up nd tell her, i'm on my way.

For some reason, u strike me as a tourist guide or something of that sort. It's like u do anything to make ur country appeal to outsiders.

We're all SA ambassadors - that's why we get 10 million tourists every year.

Remember to be a good ambassador for Nigeria while in SA cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.