Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (79850 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Kdon2: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2021
Majestickris7:
See beauties. .. 90% of their girls are Virgins. .. wow I can't say for a state in Nigeria

You mean Edo?

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Truvelisback(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Majestickris7:
See beauties. .. 90% of their girls are Virgins. .. wow I can't say for a state in Nigeria
Bro. It's so because their girls knows the value of being a virgin and they aren't materialistic unlike Nigerian girls that are too materialistic and av less or no value 4 Virginity.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by VEHINTOLAR: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:
The annual traditional Zulu Reed Dance has taken place virtually for the second time in a row as a result of COVID-19 in South Africa.

Only 37 maidens were invited to participate in a scaled-down ceremony (to commemorate 37 years of the festival) at the Zulu monarch’s royal palace in northern KwaZulu-Natal, on Saturday.

The new Zulu monarch, King Misuzulu KaZwelithini, is commemorating the role that his parents have played in upholding the traditional Reed Dance. Both his parents died of Covid related illnesses earlier in 2021.

The maidens lit candles in memory of the late King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekizulu and Queen Manthombi Ka-Sobhuza Zulu.

The Royal Reed Dance is an annual event which aims to celebrate and unify the Zulu nation as well as honouring the nation's virgin maidens. In light of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, this cultural practise hopes to curb this epidemic by promoting a culture of respect for young women who, vow to remain virgins until marriage.

Thanks for this beautiful thread man; it's lovely ! I love Zulu people. I can give anything to listen to their traditional songs and watch their amazing dance steps; it fascinates me a lot. The Zulus love their traditions and culture just like the Yoruba people of Nigeria.

Long live the king !

5 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Ishilove: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2021
J2381:
grin
Ehen. I know this na wetin you go like grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Cousin9999: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2021
I'm not a fan of all these gross oyinbos filming these women without their tops. It doesn't sit right with me.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by mofedamijo(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2021
This is normal in South Africa, and other Southern African countries.

I attended a wedding in Eswatini about 10 years ago. Was driving in when I saw young beautiful girls topless. I knew they go topless during the REED dance, but not at a wedding.

So I stepped out of the car, into a field filled with young topless ladies. I asked my Swazi host, WTF is going on here.

Then she explained......... Swazis and Zulus have some deep cultures. I mean, veryyyy deep

5 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Oppypoppy: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2021
chatinent:
Thread Locked.

Rule: braless image in a freaking
21st century!

Dem eye No open Kobo!
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Lagoon0: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2021
suffering:
Before the white men came and forced clothes on us, we wandered almost naked due to the scorching West African heat. The white men have no further need for religion and are throwing away clothes for the comfort of nudity while we Africans are sticking steadfast to ingrained domestication from colonial times. Meanwhile Nairaland never fails to report this yearly tradition. The average member — both male and female — is perverse.
Not like that in Yoruba culture. We've been wear full cloths from ages

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by chukskafor(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

The Zulu and Swazi reed dances are open to tourists so you know where to be next year, Covid allowing grin
Baba your picture posted depict racism, why all the Swazi whites cover their bosom but the only black among them decided to expose her fallen Olympus cool
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2021
Fresh Oracle!
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

Thanks for this beautiful thread man; it's lovely ! I love Zulu people. I can give anything to listen to their traditional songs and watch their amazing dance steps; it fascinates me a lot. The Zulus love their traditions and culture just like the Yoruba people of Nigeria.

Long live the king !

Lies! You just live the sight of their bouncing breasts!
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm respecting Nigerian sensitivities. In SA it's no biggie - we even show boobies in the news so I didn't know how far I could push it. But i understand u guys are very religious (and it's a Sunday today grin).
No wonder their is high rape case in your country, primitive folks
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2021
Zulus in kebbi State. A home of paramilitaries. They are very good to be with
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by J2381: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2021
Ishilove:

Ehen. I know this na wetin you go like grin
Dats why I no kuku talk anything. grin cheesy
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IbileIfe: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Brenn594:
Virgins Omoshocked see wetin i kom dey imagine:p

"they're ripe for the pickin"
Baddass!
You make my thing turned on on this holy Sunday! grin
I pushed it back to relax.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by criuze(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2021
The real man with the 70 virgins

What head slammers seek with bombvests
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by watchindelta(m): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2021
Does sleeping this na virgin abi.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IbileIfe: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2021
mofedamijo:
This is normal in South Africa, and other Southern African countries.

I was attended a wedding in Eswatini about 10 years ago. Was driving in when I saw young beautiful girls topless. I knew they go topless during the REED dance, but not at a wedding.

So I stepped out of the car, into a field filled with young topless ladies. I asked my Swazi host, WTF is going on here.

Then she explained......... Swazis and Zulus have some deep cultures. Imean very deep
Finish the story.
What happened next?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by fergie001: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2021
Tmksouth....I love what I am seeing.

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IbileIfe: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2021
Gtuns:
Culture is bae. Meanwhile, I.can see some fallen boobs in the pictures, are they virgin too sad
Yes
Many virgins have fallen boobs, because they only allow guys to suck their boobs without having sex. So, the angry guys suck the boobs aggressively. grin

8 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by VEHINTOLAR: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2021
quentin06:

Lies! You just live the sight of their bouncing breasts!

Trust me,I love Zulu people a lot. In fact, my love for them makes me watch anything south African film - Shaka,the Zulu, Mr Bone,Imbewu,
Scandal,Durban Gen,Rhythms, House of Zwide
,etc.

The Zulus are very traditional and they love and cherish their culture so much just like the Yoruba people of this world; I'm a Yoruba man. You see,there are hundreds of Reed dance videos on YouTube and I've seen most of them not because of any "any bouncing breast" ; I'm ways above that, man ! For me,it is their colourful culture, lovely music and amazing dance steps. I can give anything for those !

I love the Zulus just like I love my Yoruba people. I love traditions !
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by deltateam: 9:04am On Sep 05, 2021
SmartRudy:
does this thing still exist in this 21st century?

Are we not in 21st century and it's a recent news so why your question

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IbileIfe: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2021
Those white babes who refused to show us their boobs were tourists.

There is no offense or sin in showing your boobs
There were no brassieres before.
All those Nollywood movies on earlier centuries in Igbo land with women using calabashes to cover their boobs is falsehood.
Let me not share the photograph of a tribe in the Middle Belt where teenage girls and women still go about without bras.
Bras should be banned.
They are harming boobs.
I always advised my girlfriends to visit without bras.

Let your boobs bounce freely.
It is very healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by FarinJini: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2021
Benki003:

Ur name says it all grin grin
this clap back no be here

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Delph123(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2021
Emperormartin:
Virginity has been sacred in our lands even before the coming of the white man.
Guys that deflower virgins how una dey do am...
Nah grace grin grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by olisaEze(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm respecting Nigerian sensitivities. In SA it's no biggie - we even show boobies in the news so I didn't know how far I could push it. But i understand u guys are very religious (and it's a Sunday today grin).

Nigerians are not religious, we’re religious hypocrites. There’s no sin in nudity, the sin is all in the mindset of the observer. My people fit dey commit the shape, size, color, imagined weight/texture of the boobies to memory while condemning the exposure as sin! grin

4 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by CSTRR: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Virgins?
I doubt that.

Virgins wey dey there no pass two.

Na so e easy to see virgins at that age?

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Sunkyapogee(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2021
Soon religion will go scatter their culture.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by castrokins(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2021
How Person Go Take Reach There And What Time Of The Year?

TMKsouth:

The Zulu and Swazi reed dances are open to tourists so you know where to be next year, Covid allowing grin

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by GeneralPula: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

Censoring the images makes what you’re reporting half baked..

Why reporting it at all when you know we’re very religious?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by adebwalex(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2021
TMKsouth:
The annual traditional Zulu Reed Dance has taken place virtually for the second time in a row as a result of COVID-19 in South Africa.

Only 37 maidens were invited to participate in a scaled-down ceremony (to commemorate 37 years of the festival) at the Zulu monarch’s royal palace in northern KwaZulu-Natal, on Saturday.

The new Zulu monarch, King Misuzulu KaZwelithini, is commemorating the role that his parents have played in upholding the traditional Reed Dance. Both his parents died of Covid related illnesses earlier in 2021.

The maidens lit candles in memory of the late King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekizulu and Queen Manthombi Ka-Sobhuza Zulu.

The Royal Reed Dance is an annual event which aims to celebrate and unify the Zulu nation as well as honouring the nation's virgin maidens. In light of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, this cultural practise hopes to curb this epidemic by promoting a culture of respect for young women who, vow to remain virgins until marriage.

grin grin are they sure they are all Virgin's, what am seeing in their 2 balls is saying it otherwise ooo. When I heard Zulu that make me remember Borno governor...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ethiopian Women Beaten Before They Marry (Photos) / What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.