Stats: 3,161,388 members, 7,846,638 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security (30608 Views)

Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
GenesisForums:

https://dailynigerian.com/pantami-professor-cyber

"You see na, a biafraland university promoting a Fulani man, Wetin Musa no go see for gate? No be juju be day?".
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by garfield1: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
perambulator:

Precisely!!!! You cannot be apointed a professor while you are on leave from an institution....on what basis? why wasnt he appointed before he went on leave?

True...am just angry that most comments are ignorant of his qualification

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
garfield1:

Nairaland is a haven for the ignorant. they cannot be reformed...so ignore them.

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by sapientia(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
That couldn't secure his Facebook account

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by truthstands01: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
of course it will be FUTO that will award it, State of the Supreme Court Governor..
You are absolutely correct.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by somehow: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Pantami is not suppose to be on that list to begin with!

Because?

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Metrofox(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
someone that hosted a virtual meeting with windows? Ozuor
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by mhmsadyq(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
garfield1:

Second.

How people confidently display crass ignorance on a public forum remains one of the wonders of the modern times.

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by erubati: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kennedy97:

Shey you no see school wey sell am give am

Igbos no go fit rule this country until hausa agree to let them

You know why?

To many educated people in igbo lan
So u're saying futo is not a school? I no understand u o
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
fastseo:
Before you become a professor you ought to have been in the class room and must have earned it.

Nigerian universities dashing out titles any how, they have join our traditional rulers to be dashing titles

Read the article again and you will realise you just goofed. He lectured for years and was a reader. This doesn't change my view on him being held responsible for his previous statements but you don't have to criticize everything.. Cheers!

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Sheggy13(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
stagger:
Since when did a non-lecturing PhD holder pass through a process of becoming a professor?
Although he had lectured in ATBU Bauchi and also Saudi Arabia, I can't recall at anytime he started lecturing in FUTO for them to promote him to the rank of Professor from Associate. At what time was he an Associate Professor in FUTO? Going back to check his research and publications profile, I couldn't find anything outstanding for him to be made a Professor of Cybersecurity - he barely has up to 4 papers related to Cybersecurity and they are not even highly cited and in high impact journals. This is clearly a dubious Professorial promotion from FUTO. There is more to it than meets the eye. I used to think FUTO was a reputable University before, my mistake then. I can't imagine the likes of UI and OAU doing this nonsense, when many people with much better research profile are yet to be Professors there after over 20 years of lecturing experience.

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by kollog: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
TheChameleon:

Hmmm... i recall General Sani Abacha.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by LegalWolf: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
You southern lots will do yourself good if u know that our elites and yours are actually padi padi. You’ll kill yourself with hate for nothing.

cc: Gerrard59

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Kennedy97: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
erubati:

So u're saying futo is not a school? I no understand u o

I'm state right now fit no classify as state sef
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Splitmind: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
Congratulations honorable Prof
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Gerrard59(m): 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalWolf:
You southern lots will do yourself good if u know that our elites and yours are actually padi padi. You’ll kill yourself with hate for nothing.

cc: Gerra.rd59

Yes, I know that but not slaughtering ethnic minorities who are Christians in Northern Nigeria while aiming for a jihad and Islamisation of Nigeria.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Gerrard59(m): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
somehow:

Because?

Because he supports jihad and was present during the slaughter of a Christian in Bauchi state. How hard is it to comprehend?
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Iranade1: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
GenesisForums:

https://dailynigerian.com/pantami-professor-cyber
Please can we have his publications cos I can’t find one . Even his thesis as a PhD holder I can’t find it
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by StrongInBed: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kennedy97:

Hi

Nice name though.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by jkuvira: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
The exact question that entered my head as I saw the headline. When did he become Senior Lecturer or Reader in FUTO that he's now a professor. Even the ones that are honorary have contributed significant quota in the field of study or expertise. Ooh, maybe because he's minister for ICT, hence the promotion.
When did he even lecture in FUTO. Ndi futo in tech or comp sci dprt, was he a lecturer at any time?
Sheggy13:

Although he had lectured in ATBU Bauchi and also Saudi Arabia, I can't recall at anytime he started lecturing in FUTO for them to promote him to the rank of Professor from Associate. At what time was he an Associate Professor in FUTO? Going back to check his research and publications profile, I couldn't find anything outstanding for him to be made a Professor of Cybersecurity - he barely has up to 4 papers related to Cybersecurity and they are not even highly cited and in high impact journals. This is clearly a dubious Professorial promotion from FUTO. There is more to it than meets the eye. I used to think FUTO was a reputable University before, my mistake then. I can't imagine the likes of UI and OAU doing this nonsense, when many people with much better research profile are yet to be Professors there after over 20 years of lecturing experience.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by asunmoGGMU(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
lexy2014:

That means u didn't read d article and u don't no and understand d system that u are talking about

Lol. I won't take someone that doesn't know the difference between "know" and "no" seriously on issues relating to academia or reading, let alone comprehension.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by 1F30M4(f): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lol the more you look the less you see.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Kennedy97: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
StrongInBed:

Nice name though.

Same someone who's moniker is "strong in bed"

You have a funny name
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by austinleo38: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lol! Me self wan ask that question before haha. Wetin him know about Cyber Security?
I tire for naija o

Nuelito:
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
fastseo:
Before you become a professor you ought to have been in the class room and must have earned it.

Nigerian universities dashing out titles any how, they have join our traditional rulers to be dashing titles
Isa Ali Ibrahim is an internationally recognized researcher, academic, policymaker, regulatory expert & teacher. He has over 160 publications (some here on ResearchGate) to his credit in Conference Papers, Journal Articles, Convocation Lectures and Keynote Articles amongst others. His area of expertise and interests include: e-governance, Digital Economy, & Cybersecurity. He was the Chief Editor of the InfoTech Regulator Magazine and a recipient of over 120 Awards locally and internationally.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Isa-Ali-Ibrahim
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
stagger:
Since when did a non-lecturing PhD holder pass through a process of becoming a professor?

Isa Ali Ibrahim is an internationally recognized researcher, academic, policymaker, regulatory expert & teacher. He has over 160 publications (some here on ResearchGate) to his credit in Conference Papers, Journal Articles, Convocation Lectures and Keynote Articles amongst others. His area of expertise and interests include: e-governance, Digital Economy, & Cybersecurity. He was the Chief Editor of the InfoTech Regulator Magazine and a recipient of over 120 Awards locally and internationally.

He has been in academic for about 2 decades!
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
maak400:
Terrorist pantami don use our oyel money buy professor o tongue

Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by LegalWolf: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Gerrard59:

Yes, I know that but not slaughtering ethnic minorities who are Christians in Northern Nigeria while aiming for a jihad and Islamisation of Nigeria.

Looooooooool. You won't choke to death with your hatred for us. If it kills you, apparently you die for nothing. Keep hallucinating that there is a Fulani agenda that exists only in ur head
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by lexy2014: 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

Lol. I won't take someone that doesn't know the difference between "know" and "no" seriously on issues relating to academia or reading, let alone comprehension.

but it doesnt negate what i said that u didnt read d article and u don't no and understand d system that u are talking about

as long as u understand d context which d "no" was used, then theres no qualms.

I dont remember asking u to take me serious or not to take me serious. so u arent actually doing me any favours.
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Igahbarr: 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
Professor of Terrorism and banditary!
Re: Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security by Igahbarr: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
Coronabirus:

Especially in the middle east and Arab nations, as well as among Al quad a and Talibans

Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport / Handshake Across The Niger Communique: South-East, South-West Decision In Enugu / I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce