Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7427 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by orisa37: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Which facts, that yoruba owns Senegal? grin

That's why there's COUP there now.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Where does it state most sub Saharan population are actually 99.8 % human ??
it says in many places that we have a 0.2 to 0.3 Neanderthal DNA

I said "read carefully"
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
it says in many places that we have a 0.2 to 0.3 Neanderthal DNA

I said "read carefully"

And about 9-11% of an unidentified hominid..
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by IMAliyu(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2021
NnamdiAzikiwe:
Lol I also went on to confirm the post and it's hilarious that OP decided to crop out the part where the fula(fulani) ethnic group was listed. Op tinubu was right, Yoruba and fulani are one grin
All belong to the Niger-Congo family.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by IMAliyu(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2021
Zooposki:

Well, I’m 100% pure human. Are you?
Since this is a scientific discussion.
Define human?

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by NubaVertigo(m): 6:23am On Oct 09, 2021
NnamdiAzikiwe:
Lol I also went on to confirm the post and it's hilarious that OP decided to crop out the part where the fula(fulani) ethnic group was listed. Op tinubu was right, Yoruba and fulani are one grin

This is a more elaborated image

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by NubaVertigo(m): 6:29am On Oct 09, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Igbos aren't even on the list so where did you see "85% or so" you people have started again. gush!!!.

It's not a complete list. This is a more complete list.

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by NubaVertigo(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2021
NubaVertigo:

Ew.. we have to get rid of that quickly.

White people want to make sure Africans have that Neanderthal gene by fire by force. That is why they raped almost all the women during slavery. Now Africans are willingly having their children and passing those recessive genes to them. Do you know white people have 98% monkey DNA, hence the evolution theory that we all evolved from apes. They are the ones that evolved from chimpanzees, so they are right about their evolution theory. Africans did not evolve from apes, hence that history does not apply to us. If Africans knew where those Neanderthals came from they will run as fast as their legs can carry them.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by NubaVertigo(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2021
kmcutez:

White people want to make sure Africans have that Neanderthal gene by fire by force. That is why they raped almost all the women during slavery. Now Africans are willingly having their children and passing those recessive genes to them. Do you know white people have 98% monkey DNA, hence the evolution theory that we all evolved from apes. They are the ones that evolved from chimpanzees, so they are right about their evolution theory. Africans did not evolve from apes, hence that history does not apply to us. If Africans knew where those Neanderthals came from they will run as fast as their legs can carry them.

Haha.. I absolutely love your posts on this thread, but I'm going to go with IMAliyu's post that said "define human"

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 09, 2021
NubaVertigo:

Haha.. I absolutely love your posts on this thread, but I'm going to go with IMAliyu's post that said "define human"

Lol. In the simplest terms, a Man aka Adam and a Woman aka Eve. Scientifically homo sapien.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2021
NubaVertigo:

Ew.. we have to get rid of that quickly.
it likely came when we were still in the Nile Valley

besides DNA science is far from perfect
so we might not have at all
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by lawani: 5:32am On Jul 15, 2022
The language spoken by the Yoruba is academic evidence enough even without DNA evidence that the population was infused with a minimum of between 20 to 30 percent Kemitic Egyptians less than two thousand years ago. Maybe in batches. There is no need for any DNA test before we accept that. The language we speak today which is Kemitic Egyptian in majority of vocabulary and structure is enough or even conclusive proof. The language landed here over the head of more than one thousand languages. I read here that a study showed a genetic link of Yoruba with Germans. There also will be with Greek because those people were a part of Kemitic Egypt from the onset. Among those that brought the language were people of Greek, German and general Celtic descent. That is for sure. I think the person that led them to Ile Ife was an Egyptian of Sumerian descent. He was renamed Oduduwa but made sure to mention to his children that his ancestor was Lamurudu which is Nimrod but if we assume he founded the present dynasty that started using the title Oba and that brought the present language then he was an Egyptian. An Egyptian can be of any descent. Then we don't have non human ancestors. There were humans of all types including three feet tall humans but once you can speak, make tools, are intelligent, make fire etc. That iis a human being. A human being should be able to mate with another human if size is similar but offspring will have defect if they are of different species despite both being humans but none of our ancestors were hominids. They were all humans. If by any chance a human being, say Enoch Adeboye mates with a donkey and the donkey gives birth, the offspring will die without leaving any issue. It will not be able to procreate. Therefore only humans can mate with humans to give birth to viable offsprings and if those humans are not of the same species, the offspring will not be fully viable. Simple. For example we have no Neanderthal fathers only mothers as a male offspring of Neanderthal male and homo sapiens female were infertile. They all died out. However there are Y chromosomes descended from non Homo sapiens making four ancestors already if Denisovan is counted but so far only Homo sapiens and one other yet unmapped are our fathers. There are many human species in our ancestry and they were not hominids but human beings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tinubu’s Guinean Passport Is “diplomatic Passport”, Embassy Confirms / 2024 Budget: ₦‎532.5 Billion Not Enough To End Poverty In Nigeria - Betta Edu / Senators To Discourage Monopoly In Free Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.