Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,601 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7440 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
nisai:
I got u.

Thank you. I dont know how to explain it further.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

E-V38 has two basal branches, E-M329 (formerly E1b1c or E1b1*) and E-M2 (formerly E3a & E1b1a). The Igbos and Yorubas have about 90% E-M2 aka E1B1A.

E-V38 and E1B1A are basically the same thing (you can Google it) and E-V38/E1B1A are a larger group while E-M2 is a subgroup of that group. Igbos aren't part of the E-M2 haplogroup. A recent research has even showed that the Yoruba's share more genetic relationship with the Germans than they share with igbos. You need to run along.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Arnold1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
Read the link below from Wikipedia. It shows the Yoruba & Itsekiri have history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsekiri_people

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
nisai:
I got u.

E-V38 and E1B1A are basically the same thing (you can Google it) and E-V38/E1B1A are a larger group while E-M2 is a subgroup of that group. Igbos aren't part of the E-M2 haplogroup.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

E-V38 and E1B1A are basically the same thing (you can Google it) and E-V38/E1B1A are a larger group while E-M2 is a subgroup of that group. Igbos aren't part of the E-M2 haplogroup. A recent research has even showed that the Yoruba's share more genetic relationship with the Germans than they share with igbos. You need to run along.

The Germans share 98% of their DNA with primates aka animals, while Sub Saharan Africans are 100% human beings. Are you an animal?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Odua1stson: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
uBuNiT:
Yoruba ponu
Igbo a parun ni, ko ni dara fun irandiran re ati awon oloriburuku eniyan re toku
Igbo a segbe ni

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

The Germans share 98% of their DNA with primates aka animals, while Sub Saharan Africans are 100% human beings. Are you an animal?

Am not an animal but Yoruba's have a percentage of neanderthal DNA in them. It's not a bad or a good thing, it's just science.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Itshekiri is a sub-tribe yorubiod group and not an ethnic group. Technically when you refer to itshekiri you're referring to Yoruba's.

What of Okpameri and Owan?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Am not an animal but Yoruba's have a percentage of neanderthal DNA in them. It's not a bad or a good thing, it's just science.

Sub Saharan Africans don’t have Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA. Those are recessive genes and we do not have them, unless you have a white or Asian ancestor.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

You also failed to show this...
And this

1. Aso Ebi. Yoruba demons wears.

2. Oba agbada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

What of Okpameri and Owan?

I know okpameri is in akoko Edo and shares relationship with Yoruba's but not sure about owan I don't know much about the place but I know one olusegun aganga who once worked in Goldman Sachs/former minister is from owan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
Arnold1:

Read the link below from Wikipedia. It shows the Yoruba & Itsekiri have history.

Itsekiri was never out of Yoruba ethnic stock. In fact the itsekiri fought against cutting them off to Midwest in the first Republic. The Nigerian division cut them off to SS just like okun are in kogi state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

Sub Saharan Africans don’t have Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA. Those are recessive genes and we do not have them, unless you have a white or Asian ancestor.

Yeah you're right and the researchers are wrong. Ok, bye.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Yeah you're right and the researchers are wrong. Ok, bye.
kmcutez too like problem
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
kmcutez too like problem

I’m learning too. Can you send me the link to the graph?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by uBuNiT: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
Odua1stson:
Igbo a parun ni, ko ni dara fun irandiran re ati awon oloriburuku eniyan re toku
Igbo a segbe ni

Back to miserable you
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

I know okpameri is in akoko Edo and shares relationship with Yoruba's but not sure about owan I don't know much about the place but I know one olusegun aganga who once worked in Goldman Sachs/former minister is from owan.

same way Okpameri and Owan has Yoruba name is also same way Itshekiri also have Yoruba names.

you guys would do a better job claiming Okpameri because they speak Yoruba buy oil no let una see road,
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Arnold1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

Itsekiri was never out of Yoruba ethnic stock. In fact the itsekiri fought against cutting them off to Midwest in the first Republic. The Nigerian division cut them off to SS just like okun are in kogi state.

It's not carved out of Yoruba ethnic stock. That's why I provided you with a link.

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

same way Okpameri and Owan has Yoruba name is also same way Itshekiri also have Yoruba names.

you guys would do a better job claiming Okpameri because they speak Yoruba buy oil no let una see road,

If you read my earlier statement I said I wasn't really sure, what's your issue with oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

what do you mean by the second sentence?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Naigleria1: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:
You are crazy. See how hate don blind you. Mumu.

Why do you care so much? Aren’t you a Yoruba yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

If you read my earlier statement I said I wasn't really sure, what's your issue with oil.

That's the only thing worth claiming my brother.
.shey you see the Ibos claiming Opobo and Bonny.

that's it
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:

what do you mean by the second sentence?

Okpameri speaks Yoruba, same way the ND speak Pidgin they also have yoruba names but they are not Yoruba.

an average Opkameri Indingene understands

1. English
2. Opkameri.
3. Yoruba
4. pidgin
5. most times each village has a distinct language...
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Naigleria1:

Why do you care so much? Aren’t you a Yoruba yourself?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:

read these
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbreeding_between_archaic_and_modern_humans
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6430265/Neanderthal-human-interbreeding-commonplace.html
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_extinction

Yoruba has little Neanderthal DNA

No they don’t. The white scientist just included it recently because their race was being mocked for having Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. Africans don’t have those recessive genes in their dna.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dey suspect you angry
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

No they don’t. The white scientist just included it recently because their race was being mocked for having Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. Africans don’t have those recessive genes in their dna.
now that's a bad way to think

I hope you know that not everything is about racism

peace and love
the scientist may not even be white

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Okpameri speaks Yoruba, same way the ND speak Pidgin they also have yoruba names but they are not Yoruba.

an average Opkameri Indingene understands

1. English
2. Opkameri.
3. Yoruba
4. pidgin
5. most times each village has a distinct language...
then they should claim us
not vice versa

we are not eboe land grabbers

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:

now that's a bad way to think

I hope you know that not everything is about racism

peace and love
the scientist may not even be white

It is what it is: Adekunle Gold

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
I dey suspect you angry

Suspect me how? cheesy cheesy
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

He thinks Yoruba depend on oil to survive. Very funny cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Faces Disqualification Over "Dual-citizenship & Perjury" / Fire Engulfs NNPC Fuel Station In Yola, Adamawa State (video) / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.