Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,076 members, 7,863,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7450 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lol, you're an ishan man...very stubborn people.
Ahaha. seems you've encountered Omo'Abah allot, tell me your story
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Agbazilo group

This one I don't know o....agbazilo isn't a place in Edo, it's just a word. Are you sure you're not an imposter. Lol...
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
isn't it "Esan"

if you're esan why fighting for Bini?

grin me sef dey suspect the guy.... it's usually spelt as "esan" and not "ishan" plus agbazilo isn't a place in Edo state.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by kayfra: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

No they don’t. The white scientist just included it recently because their race was being mocked for having Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. Africans don’t have those recessive genes in their dna.

Stop being silly. Just admit you are wrong and learn. Keep it moving

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

This one I know o....agbazilo isn't a place in Edo, it's just a word. Are you sure you're not an imposter. Lol...

ah, u want to teach me my history,
Agbazilo group is the Uzea And Uromi Towns. History has it they were brothers and Uzea is eldest among both. reason in a gatherimg of Ishan men, na Uzea deh break Kola but its only Uromi that has the title ' Olikha'OdigiGbeni' I dont know the meaning but I know it was gotten through stubbornness, lol.

The Agbazilo group left Bini mostly during the reign of Ewuare the first and He was the one that named that region Esan, in full ( Esan'fia) meaning they've ran away. I believe Ishan comes from ( Ashan ) which means ' deh go '

now tell me how a man who isnt Omo'Abah can break my history like this.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

grin me sef dey suspect the guy.... it's usually spelt as "esan" and not "ishan" plus agbazilo isn't a place in Edo state.

lol... you don't even know it sef. Shey you see how Bini is also Edo that's how Ishan is also Esan
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

ah, u want to teach me my history,
Agbazilo group is the Uzea And Uromi Towns. History has it they were brothers and Uzea is eldest among both. reason in a gatherimg of Ishan men, na Uzea deh break Kola but its only Uromi that has the title ' Olikha'OdigiGbeni' I dont know the meaning but I know it was gotten through stubbornness, lol.

The Agbazilo group left Bini mostly during the reign of Ewuare the first and He was the one that named that region Esan, in full ( Esan'fia) meaning they've ran away. I believe Ishan comes from ( Ashan ) which means ' deh go '

now tell me how a man who isnt Omo'Abah can break my history like this.

Agbazilo in esan means group of like minded people.... I've never heard of the place before but I'd do my research.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Agbazilo in esan means group of like minded people.... I've never heard of the place before but I'd do my research.

lol... ask sha... not all Esan born will know this sha. try the group on Facebook ' Uromi Voice ' there you'll be schooled.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Zooposki(f): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
kayfra:

Stop being silly. Just admit you are wrong and learn. Keep it moving

Mumu. People like you are easily deceived.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

lol... you don't even know it sef. Shey you see how Bini is also Edo that's how Ishan is also Esan

Lmao....guy, bini is a place in Edo just like Oyo is a place in Yorubaland, it's was only referred to as the Benin empire because of benin's influence just like Yorubaland is sometimes referred to as the Oyo empire. Edo and Benin are different constructs and an esan man should know this.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lmao....guy, bini is a place in Edo just like Oyo is a place in Yorubaland, it's was only referred to as the Benin empire because of benin's influence just like Yorubaland is sometimes referred to as the Oyo empire. Edo and Benin are different constructs and an esan man should know this.

Baba, it was Oranmiyan that changed the place from Igodo to Ile'Ibinu, Oba Ewuare the first made it Edo in honour of a servant who sacrificed his life for him. it was Oba Ewuare that started the Title

Omo'Oba'nEdo'Ukwa'Apkolopkolo.

I'm an Uromi man

There are some things about your clan outsiders won't know.. all you need to do is ask.

1. ask of Agbazilo Group comprising of Uromi and Uzea.
2. ask of the ruling clan in Uromi...

Do you know Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie is from Ebhoiyi?

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Akungba. I passed through there when going to Ekiti...
You're well travelled. na people like you supposed deh talk history. no be to go deh do copy and paste, live among the people and eyes will open,
The Oba of Bini is actually a descendant of Oranmiyan who was a descendant of Ogiso. Simple as ABC.
I served in etsako east local govt which is in Edo north. There are many Yoruba speaking indigenous Edo people there. All these people were influenced by the old western region. Some of them takes up Yoruba names as well like the ibilos, igarra and other Akoko Edos towns that shares boundaries with Yoruba speaking ondo state. I am saying this to show how far the Yoruba culture went to influence those areas in the first Republic eventhough they are different ethnic groups.

So the issue of laying claims to itsekiri while leaving Akoko Edo shouldn't be discussed in the first place. Itsekiri is still a part of Yoruba kingdom and it will always be.

You are well traveled as well.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

the piece is long. I'll read and make screenshot but pls make a catalogue of votes that was cast. like the screenshot I made.

Take your time to read it all. You will be grateful after. It has so many lessons to be learnt from it.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

He used the pronunciation to spell it. Let's wait for his explanation.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Zooposki:

Mumu. People like you are easily deceived.
who should we believe? scientist and researchers or racist bigoted nairalanders?

kayfra

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

I served in etsako east local govt which is in Edo north. There are many Yoruba speaking indigenous Edo people there. All these people were influenced by the old western region. Some of them takes up Yoruba names as well like the ibilos, igarra and other Akoko Edos towns that shares boundaries with Yoruba speaking ondo state. I am saying this to show how far the Yoruba culture went to influence those areas in the first Republic eventhough they are different ethnic groups.

So the issue of laying claims to itsekiri while leaving Akoko Edo shouldn't be discussed in the first place. Itsekiri is still a part of Yoruba kingdom and it will always be.

You are well traveled as well.

The ruling house of itshekir/patriarch is the Ginuwa ruling Who was a Bini Prince. the symbols and regalia are there to ascertain this. also if you from Opkella, to Afuze, Uzeba, Amen and Ora, you'll also notice they have Yoruba names. this is due to
1. proximity
2. intermarriage

the Ozalas don't have Yoruba names ( none I know of ) but they are neigbours with Ora...

the Ozalas are like Uneme in Opkameri.

Mhen they get issues like,that

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Baba, it was Oranmiyan that changed the place from Igodo to Ile'Ibinu, Oba Ewuare the first made it Edo in honour of a servant who sacrificed his life for him. it was Oba Ewuare that started the Title

Omo'Oba'nEdo'Ukwa'Apkolopkolo.

I'm an Uromi man from the ruling clan, Ebhoiyi to be precise, more reason I dont wear beads...

There are some things about your clan outsiders won't know.. all you need to do is ask.

1. ask of Agbazilo Group comprising of Uromi and Uzea.
2. ask of the ruling clan in Uromi...

Do you know Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie is from Ebhoiyi?
This supports your claims.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

Take your time to read it all. You will be grateful you after it. It has so many lessons to be learnt from it.

I glanced through it. Enhahoro ( Esan man ) also had fears in supporting the Midwest creation, mostly on political grounds and not historical
According to the article, Akintola party had influence in BenDel region etc. I'll read it. thanks man

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

The ruling house of itshekir/patriarch is the Ginuwa ruling Who was a Bini Prince. the symbols and regalia are there to ascertain this. also if you from Opkella, to Afuze, Uzeba, Amen and Ora, you'll also notice they have Yoruba names. this is due to
1. proximity
2. intermarriage

the Ozalas don't have Yoruba names ( none I know of ) but they are neigbours with Ora...

the Ozalas are like Uneme in Opkameri.

Mhen they get issues like,that
I don't know about itsekiri been a Bini prince. But u will have to agree with me that Yoruba owns the obaship in Bini. The ruling house is the permanent tenant while the ogiamien are the permanent landlords. The tenant get to rule while the land owner get to renew the tenancy agreement after the demise of an Oba. That is why ogiamien are important in coronation of new Oba of Bini. But that has stopped now from this current king. The former Oba use laws to break their backbone and render them useless.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

I don't know about itsekiri been a Bini prince. But u will have to agree with me that Yoruba owns the obaship in Bini. The ruling house is the permanent tenant while the ogiamien are the permanent landlords. The tenant get to rule while the land owner get to renew the tenancy agreement after the demise of an Oba. That is why ogiamien are important in coronation of new Oba of Bini. But that has stopped now from this current king. The former Oba use laws to break their backbone and render them useless.

Ogiamen means lord of water.
Sure, the Bini and Ife romance cant be written off. it will be against history to write it off. same way you cant write off the relationship of the Esan and Bini ( though both they fight for who stubborn pass - Lol )
This thing is very simple, Oranmiyan started the Oba dynasty, when he came from Ife, he met a well structured. state with chiefs, nobles and Kings. also He's the first Oba and 37th Ogiso. in Edo culture, kings are not made, they are born. if he like, make he London, the son of his sons will one day come back and be come king.

1.Oranmiyan didn't met savages in Igodomigodo, how did he become king without a fight?
2. Oranmiyan renamed Bini to Ile'Ibinu, what's the meaning of this word in Yoruba?
3. You don't know the history of a place than the king and indigene ( Oba affirmed the Oranmiyan Obaship Dynasty )
4. When you decide to enjoy history, you'll understand Africans weren't savages before the white men came

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 11:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Ogiamen means lord of water.
Sure, the Bini and Ife romance cant be written off. it will be against history to write it off. same way you cant write off the relationship of the Esan and Bini ( though both they fight for who stubborn pass - Lol )
This thing is very simple, Oranmiyan started the Oba dynasty, when he came from Ife, he met a well structured. state with chiefs, nobles and Kings. also He's the first Oba and 37th Ogiso. in Edo culture, kings are not made, they are born. if he like, make he London, the son of his sons will one day come back and be come king.

1.Oranmiyan didn't met savages in Igodomigodo, how did he become king without a fight?
2. Oranmiyan renamed Bini to Ile'Ibinu, what's the meaning of this word in Yoruba?
3. You don't know the history of a place than the king and indigene ( Oba affirmed the Oranmiyan Obaship Dynasty )
4. When you decide to enjoy history, you'll understand Africans weren't savages before the white men came
Ile ibinu means a land of anger.

So if Olu of itsekiri is a Bini prince, the stool also have ties to Yoruba kingship. And apart from that. Itsekiri people speak Yoruboid language as their native language. Closely related to ilaje currently in Ondo state unlike other lands that took up Yoruba names and language by cultural influence.

You are right about ur 4th item. Whites wrote us off as savages but histories says otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

So if Olu of itsekiri is a Bini prince, the stool also have ties to Yoruba kingship. And apart from that. Itsekiri people speak Yoruboid language as their native language. Closely related to ilaje currently in Ondo state unlike other lands that took up Yoruba names and language by cultural influence.

You are right about ur 4th item. Whites wrote us off as savages but histories says otherwise.

I have Itshekiri in-laws and they do visit their kin in Ilaje, a riverine community. research on Ginuwa and you'll see things for yourself
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by yomexp(m): 1:22am On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

just to chip in a point: itsekiri is mostly related to ijebu. I being an ijebu man could understand mostly what they were saying during the coronation of the current olu of Warri. Even reno alluded to that. But i wouldn't doubt if it's also related to ilaje

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 1:50am On Sep 07, 2021
kmcutez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SlUGG8PE3g

Not surprised you pulled your source from an afrocentric YouTube video...We Wuz kangz!

Ever heard about homo naledi? That's the ancient humans that sub- Saharan Africans are mixed with

The neantherthals didn't set foot in sub-saharan Africa, so it makes sense for modern humans there to not have absorbed it.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Not surprised you pulled your source from an afrocentric YouTube video...We Wuz kangz!

Ever heard about homo naledi? That's the ancient humans that sub- Saharan Africans are mixed with

The neantherthals didn't set foot in sub-saharan Africa, so it makes sense for modern humans there to not have absorbed it.

We are not mixed with anyone. Maybe your lineage is mixed, but definitely not me. Homo naledi, my foot. Lolz. See as the Homo Naledi even resemble you. Mumu Nigerian with google knowledge feeling like you know anything. You did not see that the discovery was of recent just as I stated in my earlier writings.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by oyatz(m): 2:18am On Sep 07, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.

Discussions about Genetic Haplogroups is beyond your level of education, exposure and understanding.
It's better that you keep quiet and learn or go to the Children section.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2021
kmcutez:

We are not mixed with anyone. Maybe your lineage is mixed, but definitely not me. Homo naledi, my foot. Lolz. See as the Homo Naledi even resemble you. Mumu Nigerian with google knowledge feeling like you know anything. You did not see that the discovery was of recent just as I stated in my earlier writings.

You think God made your ancestors from a handful of dirt like the Bible says? Bless your heart.

Every human on earth is mixed with ancient hominids. And Africans are not spared. If it wasn't for ancient hominids, there'll be no modern humans.

You never knew who the fuсk homo naledi was, admit it. You are clueless.

Afrocentric sources have fooled you. We Wuz KANGS!

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by oyatz(m): 2:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

They're kind of a mix of Bantu, Yoruba and Igbo

Their attire is Yoruba
Their known for business and industry like the Igbo
Their music is like Yoruba and Igbo
Their language is a grassfield anguage which is very similar to Bantu languages

Most people don't really know that we are related than what is presently acknowledged. Before the advent of colonialism, most people freely move from one territory to another.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 07, 2021
1Sharon:

You think God made your ancestors from a handful of dirt like the Bible says? Bless your heart.

Every human on earth is mixed with ancient hominids. And Africans are not spared. If it wasn't for ancient hominids, there'll be no modern humans.

You never knew who the fuсk homo naledi was, admit it. You are clueless.

Afrocentric sources have fooled you. We Wuz KANGS!

I never knew whom he was? Afrocentric sources? You are crazy. Now, I’m very sure you are a white troll racist. They are the only ones that write like you. Have you heard about the Ghost DNA in West Africa you guys even invented recently. Just inventing recent stuff left and right to troll Africans. I’m just glad your recessive genes are taking you guys out. In a few years time the only place we will see you guys are in museums, just like your forefathers the Neanderthals and Denisovans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking: Cote D'ivoire Sends Heavy Military To Support Niger / The Nairaland Movie And Its Cast / Fashola Tasks LCCI On Okada Riders Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.