Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7448 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:
Most tribes from Subsaharan African ie the Bantus and Niger Congo ethnic groups have E1B1A haplogroup, so nothing exciting.

True and most people in the world are related, but I am talking about the E-M2 haplogroup branch.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Myhusband(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.

Igbo and their complex inferiority for Yoruba people, no wonder you're ashamed to used your native name or something else as your moniker, you've to identify with your slave masters

the real aboki self are not using kaduna1stson na typical southern man, shameless cow from failed rising sun

you mumu keep making a joke of yourself in the eyes of aboki, depressed monkey everywhere

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.

I think a large, very large percentage of Nigerian Fulanis have a different Haplotype. Hausas and Kanuris also have a different haplotype from we down South.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

True and most people in the world are related, but I am talking about the E-M2 haplogroup branch.

That is what I’m talking about too. Most people in the world ain’t related to the Negros.They have different haplogroups.

Haplogroup E-M2 is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is primarily distributed in Sub-Saharan Africa. E-M2 is the predominant subclade in Western Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa and the African Great Lakes, and occurs at moderate frequencies in North Africa (E1B1B) and Middle East (E1B1B). E-M2 has several subclades, but many of these subhaplogroups are included in either E-L485 or E-U175. E-M2 is especially common in native Africans speaking Niger-Congo languages and was spread to Southern and Eastern Africa through the Bantu expansion.

6 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Naigleria1: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is common knowledge.
Most sub Saharan African groups are genetically similar apart from those that migrated from other parts recently
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

That is what I’m talking about too. Most people in the world ain’t related. They have different haplogroups.

No. You mentioned the E1B1A haplogroup which is a larger haplogroup the E-M2 haplogroup is a basal branch of the E1B1A haplogroup. You need to understand the differences.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

That is what I’m talking about too. Most people in the world ain’t related to the Negros.They have different haplogroups.

Haplogroup E-M2 is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is primarily distributed in Sub-Saharan Africa. E-M2 is the predominant subclade in Western Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa and the African Great Lakes, and occurs at moderate frequencies in North Africa and Middle East. E-M2 has several subclades, but many of these subhaplogroups are included in either E-L485 or E-U175. E-M2 is especially common in native Africans speaking Niger-Congo languages and was spread to Southern and Eastern Africa through the Bantu expansion.

The Igbos don't have the E-M2 haplogroup. You're confusing the whole thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
sunboy:

Again you’re still making the mistake of the Okd Dahomey kingdom which is today’s Benin republic as a whole. And yes we ruled all Dahomein territories, but you’re talking about the whole of present day Benin.

Dahomey people on the present date Dahomey city are not related with the Yorubas. I’ve been there, I’ve read their history and war with Yoruba. Dahomey people will tell you they are not Yoruba but we’re conquered.
Is it the Dahomeans that are called Fon in Benin Republic?
WesternOligarch:

The Igbos don't have the E-M2 haplogroup. You're confusing the whole thing.

What do the Igbos have then?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

What do the Igbos have then?

I don't know, but the igbos aren't listed as part of the E-M2 haplogroup.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

I don't know, but the igbos aren't listed as part of the E-M2 haplogroup.

The Igbos have about 85% or so.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by FakeUnity: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
NnamdiAzikiwe:
Lol I also went on to confirm the post and it's hilarious that OP decided to crop out the part where the fula(fulani) ethnic group was listed. Op tinubu was right, Yoruba and fulani are one grin

Lol.... grin
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

The Igbos have about 85% or so.

Igbos aren't even on the list so where did you see "85% or so" you people have started again. gush!!!.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by tamdun: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Awon land grabbers grin

Were you guys not Jews?
Igbo people are jew abi, una leave Africa dey go attach unaself to middle East, Igbo people to greedy, imagine the distance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Igbos aren't even on the list so where did you see "85% or so" you people have started again. gush!!!.

They have different list, not just 1. Use google. It’s been a long time I read up on this topic. All tribes from Southern Nigeria have a very high percentage of E1B1A. I think adding to the E1B1A, Yorubas had a long sequence that ended in 7 if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:
Bamileke sounds Yoruba. They even have same attire with us. Things deh this life sha.

The bamileke ethnic group are also known to be a tribe of successful business people and leaders in Cameroon.

Notable bamileke people:

Maurice Kamto, Former president of the UN International Law Commission, international lawyer, professor

Paul Kammogne, industrialist and philanthropist

Victor Fotso, industrialist, philanthropist and billionaire

Sam Fan Thomas, most popular Makossa musician of the 80s

Ernest Ouandié, Cameroon's notable independence fighter

Kadji Defosso, industrialist, philanthropist and billionaire

Mathias Djoumessi, 1st president of the UPC political party. The party that will bring about independence in Cameroon

Wilgory Tanjong, Entrepreneur, Social justice activist, and Author

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by tamdun: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

[b]They have different lis[/b]t, not just 1. Use google. It’s been a long time I read up on this topic. All tribes from Southern Nigeria have a very high percentage of E1B1A. I think adding to the E1B1A, Yorubas had a long sequence that ended in 7 if I’m not mistaken.
Can you help those of us willing to learn with the list?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

They have different list, not just 1. Use google. It’s been a long time I read up on this topic. All tribes from Southern Nigeria have a very high percentage of E1B1A. I think adding to the E1B1A, Yorubas had a long sequence that ended in 7 if I’m not mistaken.

Kindly share the list(with legit sources) and I've explained to you that the E1B1A group is a larger group and E-M2 is a sub group. How hard is this to understand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
tamdun:

Can you help those of us willing to learn with the list?

I know I read some scientific studies. I’m not sure if I can remember where I got them from, but will try and look for some.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Kindly share the list(with legit sources) and I've explained to you that the E1B1A group is a larger group and E-M2 is a sub group. How hard is this to understand?

Haplogroup E-V38 is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is primarily distributed in Africa. E-V38 has two basal branches, E-M329 (formerly E1b1c or E1b1*) and E-M2 (formerly E3a & E1b1a). The E-M329 subclade is today almost exclusively found in Ethiopia. E-M2 is the predominant subclade in Western Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa and the region of African Great Lakes, and occurs at moderate frequencies in North Africa, and the Middle East.

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

Haplogroup E-V38 is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is primarily distributed in Africa. E-V38 has two basal branches, E-M329 (formerly E1b1c or E1b1*) and E-M2 (formerly E3a & E1b1a). The E-M329 subclade is today almost exclusively found in Ethiopia. E-M2 is the predominant subclade in Western Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa and the region of African Great Lakes, and occurs at moderate frequencies in North Africa, and the Middle East.

It says exactly what am saying and says that E-M2 is predominant in parts of africa, but it doesn't list igbos as part of the E-M2 haplogroup. You've still failed to share your list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Brimstone77: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
There is no similarly both in culture, language or ancestral relationship between the bamilike of Cameroon I no and the Yoruba tribe...

See Bamilike traditional attire below

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

It says exactly what am saying and says that E-M2 is predominant in parts of africa, but it doesn't list igbos as part of the E-M2 haplogroup. You've still failed to share your list.

Igbo is 89.3%. The easiest link I could find.

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_Sub-Saharan_Africa

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by sunboy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Is it the Dahomeans that are called Fon in Benin Republic?

Honestly my knowledge in that topic is not solid. I know Fon is widely spoken Southern Benin and in different dialects. Present day base of the Dahomey rulers which is Abomey, they also speak Fon.

Think of Abomey city to the Dahomey kingdom as present day Iran is to Persia empire, Turkey is the the Turks empire, Russia to the Soviet Union.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

Igbo is 89.3%. The easiest link I could find.

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_Sub-Saharan_Africa

The 89.3% is referring to the E-V38 larger group and not the E-M2 subgroup which is what this thread is about. I won't reply again if you don't come with reasonable arguments. You clearly have failed to understand what am saying.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
Brimstone77:
There is no similarly both in culture, language or ancestral relationship between the bamilike of Cameroon I no and the Yoruba tribe...

See Bamilike traditional attire below

You also failed to show this...

7 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

You are crazy. See how hate don blind you. Mumu.

Typical. Obviously you have nothing to offer. Run along.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
tamdun:
Hnmmm, good to know, very proud to be from yoruba tribe

Here are also some notable bamileke people:

Maurice Kamto, Former president of the UN International Law Commission, international lawyer, professor

Paul Kammogne, industrialist and philanthropist

Victor Fotso, industrialist, philanthropist and billionaire

Sam Fan Thomas, most popular Makossa musician of the 80s

Ernest Ouandié, Cameroon's notable independence fighter

Kadji Defosso, industrialist, philanthropist and billionaire

Mathias Djoumessi, 1st president of the UPC political party. The party that will bring about independence in Cameroon

Wilgory Tanjong, Entrepreneur, Social justice activist, and Author

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

The 89.3% is referring to the E-V38 larger group and not the E-M2 subgroup which is what this thread is about. I won't reply again if you don't come with reasonable arguments. You clearly have failed to understand what am saying.

E-V38 has two basal branches, E-M329 (formerly E1b1c or E1b1*) and E-M2 (formerly E3a & E1b1a). The Igbos and Yorubas have about 90% E-M2 aka E1B1A.

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by nisai: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

E-V38 has two basal branches, E-M329 (formerly E1b1c or E1b1*) and E-M2 (formerly E3a & E1b1a). The Igbos and Yorubas have about 90% E-M2 aka E1B1A.
I got u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message / ECOWAS To Honour Buhari With Democracy Icon Award / Lagos DSVA Set To Engage 1 Million People In Door-To-Door Engagement Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.