Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families (6712 Views)

INVESTIGATION: How Children From Rich Nigerian Families Help Finance Boko Haram / INVESTIGATION: How Children From Rich Nigerian Families Help Finance Boko Haram / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by kodewrita(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't think they really care. Population control benefits us, first and foremost. It isn't as if they share a border with us. . . so if Africa and Nigeria becomes an overpopulated, poverty-stricken land, it won't affect them negatively. No hordes of poor people streaming into their country

Also, the world won't be half black for the forseeable future. There are more Chinese alone on earth than blacks. . .
I was just being pedantic. however, i can foresee major upheavals if we keep increasing in population without corresponding growth. If we are complaining about unemployment now, then we havent seen anything yet. There's a need for a solution. Fast.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by seyibrown(f): 11:26pm On May 31, 2011
Perhaps, they are tired of the 'Nigerian breed'! Such law would be hard to enforce in Nigeria anyway. The governement will not kill Iya sikira's twins or force her Ifeoma to go for an abortion if they've already had 3! You can only advise people to have kids they can cater for! This is not China, jo! One of our neighbours has 12 and is still begging the husband for more . . . . . and I plan on following suit . . . . . forest plenty for my village to hide them! grin grin
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by pleep(m): 12:26am On Jun 01, 2011
U.N mind your own bussiness.

Some Chinese people are regretting the one child policy because now china is like 80% male, and very soon the population will start dropping drastically.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by cap28: 12:33am On Jun 01, 2011
Population control of black africa is an ongoing agenda of the US govt - according to NSSM 200 (National security memorandum 200)in which former national security adviser to Nixon - Henry Kissinger recommends the decimation of african peoples by way of famine, war and biological weaponry and the use of food supply as  a weapon of control, they want less of us so that they can gain easy access to our natural resources -  they want just enough of us around to serve as a market for their exports but not too many that would ever pose a threat to their dominant position on the world stage.

On Dec. 10, 1974, the U.S. National Security Council under Henry Kissinger completed a classified 200-page study, “National Security Study Memorandum 200: Implications of Worldwide Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests.” The study falsely claimed that population growth in the so-called Lesser Developed Countries (LDCs) was a grave threat to U.S. national security. Adopted as official policy in November 1975 by President Gerald Ford, NSSM 200 outlined a covert plan to reduce population growth in those countries through birth control, and also, implicitly, war and famine

NSSM 200 similarly concluded that the United States was threatened by population growth in the former colonial sector. It paid special attention to 13 “key countries” in which the United States had a “special political and strategic interest”: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia. It claimed that population growth in those states was especially worrisome, since it would quickly increase their relative political, economic, and military strength.

For example, Nigeria: “Already the most populous country on the continent, with an estimated 55 million people in 1970, Nigeria's population by the end of this century is projected to number 135 million. This suggests a growing political and strategic role for Nigeria, at least in Africa.”

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by emofine(f): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
If this policy had been implemented in the 90's surely I wouldn't have been born  cry

My father was eager for a boy and finally succeeded at the sixth child and didn't even stop there so I'm just wondering if things don't pan out for some Nigerian men (and women) then for some families who desire a particular gender for a child (preferably a boy) they have no more turns after three strikes. Personally I don't like the idea of being culled (so to speak) however in my decision I would remain conscious to the fact that I would only deliever as many I can afford (afford not in cost but in terms of birth pain that is  grin)

I do not like to dictate how others choose to live their lives but of course I do not adhere to people borning pikin anyhow - especially as it affects society and inevitably the quality of life for the child.

P.S. It would be really intriguing to find out the total population of Nigerians if we factor in the children who have one Naija parent.
Re: UN's "3 Baby Plan" For Nigerian Families by EzeUche(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
This will be resisted! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat / Today's Pictures From Bariga, Lagos State / Lagos State House Of Assembly Passes Year 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.