Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (19896 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / US Didn't Sanction Buhari In 2011 (video), Why Should Orubebe Be Sanctioned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by akanke79: 11:51am On May 25, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by tpia5: 11:56am On May 25, 2011
aljazeera wants to start a nigerian revolution, after the arab one.

they'll soon get down to south africa.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Rossikk(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2011
playmode said

You are right about that,here we pay for Tv license every year just like we pay for vehicle license.I was shocked the first time i wanted to buy a Tv in store and they told me that they can only sell a TV to me if i also purchase a TV license.The only people here who sell Tvs without requesting for Tv license are the Pakistanis and the Chinese.

I do believe a group of rich seasoned Journalist like Tony momoh and co could join hands together to start a new channel like Aljazeera.

The problem with Nigeria is our "manage mange" mentality and our terrible maintenance culture.

Take nollywood for example,up till now they are still using camcorders to shoot most of their movies instead of using hollywood standard 8mm camera which bring out studio quality pictures.Is it that chico ejiro and co cannot afford these cameras? No ,but they like to make maximum profit while delivering half baked goods.It is the typical Nigerian way of doing business.

It is the reason why nollywood has been declining in recent years ,it is the reason Nigerian Airways collapsed,it the reason why most things don't work in Nigeria.I mean check out our Federal Government's website : http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/

As a web designer myself ,it is an eyesore.I wonder how many millions of naira was awarded for that kindergarten looking website.I can do a better job than that for less than $5000 by just using drupal or CMS flash.

Dude, please remain in South Africa or wherever you say you live. People like you really have nothing to contribute to Nigeria. You talk about SA as if that country started at the same time as Nigeria. FYI, SA was already a full fledged developed country by the 1930s at least. Same as Egypt. The British who ran those colonies adopted a totally different policy there which involved committing funds from national resources to national development. This is why SA and Egypt had their first universities in the 1880s while in Nigeria, the same British, while evacuating our natural resources for over a century, put nothing back in terms of infrastructure, and refused to build any higher institutions until 1960, when they were about to be kicked out. Even literacy remained at an abject 7%. (Contrast that with 75% today under indigenous rule).

So stop comparing Nigeria to South Africa. They had a hundred years head start on the rest of black Africa in terms of development.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2011
Of course that is not to say South Africa doesn't have terrible slums.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2011
Rossikk:

playmode said

Dude, please remain in South Africa or wherever you say you live. People like you really have nothing to contribute to Nigeria. You talk about SA as if that country started at the same time as Nigeria. FYI, SA was already a full fledged developed country by the 1930s at least. Same as Egypt. The British who ran those colonies adopted a totally different policy there which involved committing funds from national resources to national development. This is why SA and Egypt had their first universities in the 1880s while in Nigeria, the same British, while evacuating our natural resources for over a century, put nothing back in terms of infrastructure, and refused to build any higher institutions  until 1960, when they were about to be kicked out. Even literacy remained at an abject 7%. (Contrast that with 75% today under indigenous rule).

So stop comparing Nigeria to South Africa. They had a hundred years head start on the rest of black Africa in terms of development.

Please read the thread from the beginning before jumping into the conversation ignorantly.The thread is about my beloved country Nigeria but as usual you guys cannot stop yourself from taking a jab at SA,just because i stay there.It is starting to seem like some people are jealous of SA or have inferiority complex issues.I NEVER brought SA into the these matter but you guys keep bringing SA up.I responded to someone who was trying to spite me and make light as well as divert attention from the documentary and i am done with that so please next time read,that is why you went to school isn't it

The comment you quoted above has more to do with setting up a station like Aljazeera in Nigeria and less to do with SA but once again they SA phobia has popped up in your comment.Jeez maybe i should change the location on my profile to Antarctica so that i will get some room to breathe without everyone shouting SA this ,SA that. Enough of the SA crap,stick to the topic!

Mariory:

Of course that is not to say South Africa doesn't have terrible slums.

Yes they do but as i have indicated above ,we should focus on our country Nigeria and leave SA out of this.I could careless what happens to SA's poor but certainly do care what happens to Nigeria's poor.I maybe one of Nigeria fiercest critics on this forum but that does not mean i love SA more than my country.That is not even an option for me.Like they say Aluta continua.Nigeria can be better,we have the resources ,what we lack is proper management of those resources so that it can benefit the masses.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by omoekoni(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2011
The population of Lagos is more than the state can bear! Fashola should get all rid non-lagosians from Lagos!!!!, to many people from other states come to settle in Lagos and yet they are complaining, if they don't like it then go back to your state.

I wish Lagos state can start issuing visa, seriously, if the only residents in Lagos are the original Lagosians, it would be a far better place but you have so many other people moving to Lagos daily, abeg its to much, you should all go back to your states and try to improve it instead of moving to Lasgidis!!!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by ovdot(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2011
Wetin concern agbero with overload. Why are u blaming the British for the foolishness of our fathers, did the British build universities in Malaysia and indonisia in the 1880's. We should argue inteligently.we are really terrible in Nigeria with the way we squander public funds.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2011
omoekoni:

The population of Lagos is more than the state can bear! Fashola should get all rid non-lagosians from Lagos!!!!, to many people from other states come to settle in Lagos and yet they are complaining, if they don't like it then go back to your state.
[b]
I wish Lagos state can start issuing visa, seriously, if the only residents in Lagos are the original Lagosians, it would be a far better place but you have so many other people moving to Lagos daily, abeg its to much, you should all go back to your states and try to improve it instead of moving to Lasgidi[/b]s!!!

If LASG does that ,then that will be Apartheid just like what is happening in Isreal today.The people we should blame are the other state Governors who are not doing enough to make their state viable.Lagos state population is larger than the population of some countries.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by GNBohr: 12:46pm On May 25, 2011
there is always a good side and a bad side to every human being and countries. there are places in Nigeria that if shown in an documentary you would believe is not in Africa, SA and Egypt inclusive. there are places in USA and UK that if shown in documentaries you will belive it is in backwater places in africa.

we dont need aljazeera to tell us how bad some of our system is but we dont need to claim another country is better than our own all the time. the guy who called himself playmode (or is he a she) is deluding himself to think life can be better in SA or UK or USA than Nigeria even with all our inadequacies.

I hope you, playmode have built your houses in SA or have established youe own company. Many like you mostly come back to realise that the people you think are suffering back in Nigeria have achieved what you are still dreaming off.

That same SA you are praising to high heavens have a lot of nationals here in Nigeria vowing never to go back to SA. Many are married to Nigeria and some even speak local languages. They own properties and have being given citizenship.

So do not come here telling us about SA as if it is one paradise on earth. Just thank your GOD or whatever you worship and believe in that you enjoy some measure of success there.

Remember, many have gone, disappeared, died, deported, denied, failed, disappointed, frustrated and brutalised.

If you really feel about your country and really have that human compassion, establsh a business that can give jobs to some of these people you feel so sorry about. Afterall you said you are comfortable and successful.

MANY LIKE YOU ARE STRUGGLERS WHO CAN NOT AFFORD TO GIVE EXTRA SUPPORT TO ANOTHER PERSON BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT SUPPORT YOURSELF. ENOUGH.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by kenx1(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2011
Egypt,Libya hmmmmmm Nigeria. So Nigeria is the next frontier for Aljazeera. Now my brodas ''who will bell the cat''
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2011
GNBohr:

there is always a good side and a bad side to every human being and countries. there are places in Nigeria that if shown in an documentary you would believe is not in Africa, SA and Egypt inclusive. there are places in USA and UK that if shown in documentaries you will belive it is in backwater places in africa.

we dont need aljazeera to tell us how bad some of our system is but we dont need to claim another country is better than our own all the time. the guy who called himself playmode (or is he a she) is deluding himself to think life can be better in SA or UK or USA than Nigeria even with all our inadequacies.

I hope you, playmode have built your houses in SA or have established youe own company. Many like you mostly come back to realise that the people you think are suffering back in Nigeria have achieved what you are still dreaming off.

That same SA you are praising to high heavens have a lot of nationals here in Nigeria vowing never to go back to SA. Many are married to Nigeria and some even speak local languages. They own properties and have being given citizenship.

So do not come here telling us about SA as if it is one paradise on earth. Just thank your GOD or whatever you worship and believe in that you enjoy some measure of success there.

Remember, many have gone, disappeared, died, deported, denied, failed, disappointed, frustrated and brutalised.

If you really feel about your country and really have that human compassion, establsh a business that can give jobs to some of these people you feel so sorry about. Afterall you said you are comfortable and successful.

MANY LIKE YOU ARE STRUGGLERS WHO CAN NOT AFFORD TO GIVE EXTRA SUPPORT TO ANOTHER PERSON BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT SUPPORT YOURSELF. ENOUGH.

I am guessing you posted this comment without reading through.It is a democracy ,feel free to believe what you believe.Your comment sounds like something coming from the mind of a confused person.Please proof read before you post and read previous comments before responding so that you don't sound like a broken record.I am a He by the way i am sure the word (M) on my tag stands for male don't you think?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by reindeer: 1:35pm On May 25, 2011
Which SA be paradise?
Well. . .its not the fault of thse making documentaries focussing on the bad sides of Nigeria, it is the fault of nothaving our own story tellers. Nobody can tell your story for you,people will always tell stories from their bias. People living in those middle eatern countries try to paint the picture of Dubai as a general picture while their people die in droves for lack of basic things.Same with south Africa and much of the developed world, they hide their shameful stories and broadcast what will bring them business as tourism etc.
You wonder why they will never give you stories about the Mike Adenuga's and the Dangotes or make a documentary about Abuja.You hgo to those places and ask for permission to make a documentary about their slums and see what response you'd get. No one says Nigeria is heaven, it is a country with her challenges just like any other country in the world, but to tell that story as if it is only about that is mischief and evil.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by COMPAQ(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2011
playmode:

You are right about that,here we pay for Tv license every year just like we pay for vehicle license.I was shocked the first time i wanted to buy a Tv in store and they told me that they can only sell a TV to me if i also purchase a TV license.The only people here who sell Tvs without requesting for Tv license are the Pakistanis and the Chinese.

I do believe a group of rich seasoned Journalist like Tony momoh and co could join hands together to start a new channel like Aljazeera.

The problem with Nigeria is our "manage mange" mentality and our terrible maintenance culture.

Take nollywood for example,up till now they are still using camcorders to shoot most of their movies instead of using hollywood standard 8mm camera which bring out studio quality pictures.Is it that chico ejiro and co cannot afford these cameras? No ,but they like to make maximum profit while delivering half baked goods.It is the typical Nigerian way of doing business.

It is the reason why nollywood has been declining in recent years ,it is the reason Nigerian Airways collapsed,it the reason why most things don't work in Nigeria.I mean check out our Federal Government's website : http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/

As a web designer myself ,it is an eyesore.I wonder how many millions of naira was awarded for that kindergarten looking website.I can do a better job than that for less than $5000 by just using drupal or CMS flash.

Valid point! If you want to see a worse website, go and check out NTA's website. The first and last time I was on that site( a few months ago), they had news items that were months old still on the website, and that is a website runs by a NEWS organisation. Amazing!!!!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by omoekoni(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2011
Nigeria's problem is simple, necessity has become a luxury and luxury has become a necessity. basic necessities of life such as food, shelter and clothing is a luxury while buying the latest cars and wearing designer clothes and shoes has become a necessity.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2011
reindeer:

Which SA be paradise?
Well. . .its not the fault of thse making documentaries focussing on the bad sides of Nigeria, it is the fault of nothaving our own story tellers. Nobody can tell your story for you,people will always tell stories from their bias. People living in those middle eatern countries try to paint the picture of Dubai as a general picture while their people die in droves for lack of basic things.Same with south Africa and much of the developed world, they hide their shameful stories and broadcast what will bring them business as tourism etc.
You wonder why they will never give you stories about the Mike Adenuga's and the Dangotes or make a documentary about Abuja.You hgo to those places and ask for permission to make a documentary about their slums and see what response you'd get. No one says Nigeria is heaven, it is a country with her challenges just like any other country in the world, but to tell that story as if it is only about that is mischief and evil.

This is exactly what Kobo said will happen.How about you show some compassion for your fellow Nigerians in the documentary instead of telling us what we already know.This is not a whose "dick is bigger" contest,it is a simple documentary detailing the life of hardship that many face in Lagos.Why has none of you dealt with the matter instead of dodging the topic and diverting to other irrelevant issues.

How does Dangote being rich put food on the table or shelter those poor disadvantaged people in the documentary.So you prefer that Aljazeera show the multi million dollar mansion of the corrupt cabals instead of exposing the harsh reality that many Nigerians face today.Typical najia mentality,instead of reflecting soberly on what is we are busy yapping about is not.None of you has expressed regret about the situation of those people,instead some you have tried to justifying by comparing Nigeria to other countries with baseless assumptions.

That can only mean one thing,that as Nigerians we are selfish people who rather than sympathize with the less privileged amongst us we instead be looking for another country that we sheepishly believe is worse off to point at for comparison.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On May 25, 2011
I wonder how those of us in diaspora who live relative comfortable lives will feel after watching that documentary.It just makes you so sad,you wish you can do something to help those people but what can one really do?

Well, you don't have to wondeer anymore. Many of them are already here to stand in line to give you "Classic 'manufactured' excuses" for what the problems presented in the video.

I mean we already have people saying there are slums in South Africa too as if that sort of makes the fact that 80% of Nigerians live in less than $2 dollars a day all good. You already have people attempting to bring indian slums and slums in other poorer countries in to this to justify or excuse what was said in the videos. Heck, some have even gone as far as to attack Aljazeera, claiming it unfair and what not. I mean this is what many of our diasporans do -- make excuses so we can wait for the next video to make some more.  grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by cvibe: 1:59pm On May 25, 2011
Where is Eko Ile? Your comment is required with respect to this video.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 2:03pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, you don't have to wondeer anymore. Many of them are already here to stand in line to give you "Classic 'manufactured' excuses" for what the problems presented in the video.

I mean we already have people saying there are slums in South Africa too as if that sort of makes the fact that 80% of Nigerians live in less than $2 dollars a day all good. You already have people attempting to bring indian slums and slums in other poorer countries in to this to justify or excuse what was said in the videos. Heck, some have even gone as far as to attack Aljazeera, claiming it unfair and what not. I mean this is what many of our diasporans do -- make excuses so we can wait for the next video to make some more.  grin

Kobo ,i tire o! I honestly was not expecting such lame excuses and i did not know that it is now a crime to sympathize with the less privledged in our society!

When i read some of the comments here , i started wondering whether Nigeria is worth fighting for or criticizing because the people i thought will understand my point of view are telling me to shove it since their families are not directly affected , i cannot afford to support another person and because other countries are worse off undecided
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2011
cvibe:

Where is Eko Ile? Your comment is required with respect to this video.

The fault is not that of Fashola but that of our leadership since our independence.Unfortunately in an effort to clean up Lagos ,some of these people will fall victim to the LASG bulldozers.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by mexdez: 2:13pm On May 25, 2011
THE TRUTH IS BITTER. THAT DOCUMENTARY IS THE GOSPEL TRUTH ABOUT NIGERIA. BETTER ACCEPT IT.

WHEN NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DO THEIR TOURISM ADVERT, THEY SHOW THE BEAUTIFUL PARTS OF ABUJA AND OBUDU. WE NEED MORE DUCUMENTARIES LIKE THIS TO SHOW OUR LEADERS THAT THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING.

OR DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT THOSE MONEY SUCKING POLITICIALN IN ABUJA WILL COME TO SEE SUCH PARTS OF LAGOS?

THE ANSWER IS NO.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS.

MORE OF THIS ALJAZEERA. THUMBS UP FOR THE EXPOSITION
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by jamest3(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2011
I de weep!! grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by sirjec(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2011
Sponsored by Buhari and CPC to cause violence.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by publisher(m): 2:34pm On May 25, 2011
ROSSIKK said:
Dude, please remain in South Africa or wherever you say you live. People like you really have nothing to contribute to Nigeria. You talk about SA as if that country started at the same time as Nigeria. FYI, SA was already a full fledged developed country by the 1930s at least. Same as Egypt. The British who ran those colonies adopted a totally different policy there which involved committing funds from national resources to national development. This is why SA and Egypt had their first universities in the 1880s while in Nigeria, the same British, while evacuating our natural resources for over a century, put nothing back in terms of infrastructure, and refused to build any higher institutions  until 1960, when they were about to be kicked out. Even literacy remained at an abject 7%. (Contrast that with 75% today under indigenous rule).

[color=Black][/color]GOD BLESS YOU ROSSIKK

This 'playmode' original poster guy is just one of those 'over critical' Nigerians who have no idea of what nation building entails. Truly,our leadership has failed woefully,but while other nations like Ghana,SA,India manage to put their best foot forward,Nigerians enjoy collaborating with the western media to tell the world how terrible our country is. Aljazeera will never showcase the good sides of Calabar,Lagos Island,VI or Abuja.They are even reluctant to show clips of the new look Oshodi,a view which used to be favorite years back with crowds and molues all mingled together.
Whenever there a tragedy involving loss of lives in other countries,their governments and citizens endeavour to downplay and even reduce the body count. But in Nigeria,whenever there is a crises,OUR OWN JOURNALISTS will be struggling in inflate the actual loss of lives. The Police/Army crises in Badagry yesterday,official reports say that 2 lives were lost. But lo and behold,some Nigerian Journalists have come out to say 8 policemen were killed,others have said,No its 10, Alajazeera will simply summarize this news and tell the world that 20 police men in Lagos have been ambushed and killed by Northern soldiers. When mugus like Playmode hear this,they now start post trash on how terrible Nigeria is.
God help us.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by otitokoro1: 2:36pm On May 25, 2011
I Still Love Nigeria!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by samm(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2011
omoekoni:

Nigeria's problem is simple, necessity has become a luxury and luxury has become a necessity. basic necessities of life such as food, shelter and clothing is a luxury while  buying the latest cars and wearing designer clothes and shoes has become a necessity.

ekoni link=topic=674926.msg8389817#msg8389817 date=1306323174:

I wish Lagos state can start issuing visa, seriously, if the only residents in Lagos are the original Lagosians, it would be a far better place but you have so many other people moving to Lagos daily, abeg its to much, you should all go back to your states and try to improve it instead of moving to Lasgidis!!!

[quote]

The problem is more with people like you with half baked ideas and lazy brain syndrome approach of turning the country around. So, if you manage to get into power or you have the option to vote for someone campaigning on sending people away from Lagos, you'd jump in and support such nonsense.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by cvibe: 2:41pm On May 25, 2011
@ Publisher,

Aljazeera have never been known to show tourist destinations, so expecting good sides of Calabar is a wish upon a star.

Aljazeera is known for showing cold bitter truth and that video, is just them doing what they know how to do best.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Desola(f): 2:43pm On May 25, 2011
Puhlease! For a second there, I decided against watching the documentary because of the emotional outpours by some posters. So, i've seen it and it's nothing different from the BBC documentary "Welcome To Lagos". Infact, i'd say that was more thought provoking than this one is. This  video only sought to display the stark reality of events in Lagos and I thought it did it justice.

Some people have said that Fashola is elitist and only concerned with the affluent. However, they fail to see that if people keep making Lagos their destination of choice due to the belief of making quick money, and the population keep increasing by the hour, Fashola can not be the messiah to the masses. Lagos is absolutely congested and once migrants from other states start to realise that in order to make the money that they seek, they would be living in the most deplorable of circumstances, the better for them. Fashola is nobody's daddy. He is there to ensure that you have the basic necessities as a human being who has the right to live in the state. It is not up to him to provide you job but to foster the environment in such a way that it wouldn't be difficult for you to achieve that desire. It is the state's government to provide security, good roads, pipe born water, justice et al. However, we all know how the government of the state have been stifled by the federal government in providing electricity and good roads. Lagos is doing exceptionally well with the resources it has at its disposal.

Yes, I am a Lagos indegene and as much as I think it is ridiculous to ask those who are not indegenous to leave, it seems to me now that it is one of the solution to the problems facing the state.

What all these migrants should do now is rather than leaving their states and their state governors to embezzle the money allocated to them as a people, they should start demanding for their rights in their states. Other state governors are the ones laughing now because they have so much fund and so little people to disperse it to so they end up hoarding it all to themselves. Your states are rich, so start demanding for your human rights. Don't leave your states, ask your government to provide for you! This is the reason why some people from the east believe that their states are doing better than some other states in Nigeria. That notion is a big misconception because if half of the population have left to Lagos, and their government have half the population with the allocation for a full population, of course they would appear to be rich.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by samm(m): 2:44pm On May 25, 2011
publisher:

ROSSIKK said:

[color=Black][/color]GOD BLESS YOU ROSSIKK

This 'playmode' original poster guy is just one of those 'over critical' Nigerians who have no idea of what nation building entails. Truly,our leadership has failed woefully,but while other nations like Ghana,SA,India manage to put their best foot forward,Nigerians enjoy collaborating with the western media to tell the world how terrible our country is. Aljazeera will never showcase the good sides of Calabar,Lagos Island,VI or Abuja.They are even reluctant to show clips of the new look Oshodi,a view which used to be favorite years back with crowds and molues all mingled together.
Whenever there a tragedy involving loss of lives in other countries,their governments and citizens endeavour to downplay and even reduce the body count. But in Nigeria,whenever there is a crises,OUR OWN JOURNALISTS will be struggling in inflate the actual loss of lives. The Police/Army crises in Badagry yesterday,official reports say that 2 lives were lost. But lo and behold,some Nigerian Journalists have come out to say 8 policemen were killed,others have said,No its 10, Alajazeera will simply summarize this news and tell the world that 20 police men in Lagos have been ambushed and killed by Northern soldiers. When mugus like Playmode hear this,they now start post trash on how terrible Nigeria is.
God help us.

I guess we should just sweep bad news under the carpet altogether. If Aljazeera doesn't show the good new Oshodi, then take photos with your bb bold 10 and put it on facebook or nairaland. Write your own story or put links here on nairaland.
In my opinion, our own journalists are not even doing enough investigative journalism. Official report says 2 lives were lost, Who is "officiating" the news?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 25, 2011
Nothing wrong with the VIDEO, all I see are illegal immigrants leaving in illegal slums and learning francophone.

I also saw the normal hustling of Okada riders and the demolition of illegal settlement as its done in India this last week.

I didn't see the video Victoria Island where I live.

I see mischief.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by otitokoro1: 2:52pm On May 25, 2011
Is any one watching WITNESS on aljazeera right now? I am close to tears right now Cry

See the way Nigerians are suffering,i am so ashamed of NIGERIA

I am sure this guy just installed DSTV or Star-time and trying to announce it, grin grin grin

Must you watch Aljazereel before acknowledge Nigerians are suffering?

Emi a looo grin grin grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by samm(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2011
Desola:

Puhlease! For a second there, I decided against watching the documentary because of the emotional outpours by some posters. So, i've seen it and it's nothing different from the BBC documentary "Welcome To Lagos". Infact, i'd say that was more thought provoking than this one is. This  video only sought to display the stark reality of events in Lagos and I thought it did it justice.

Some people have said that Fashola is elitist and only concerned with the affluent. However, they fail to see that if people keep making Lagos their destination of choice due to the belief of making quick money, and the population keep increasing by the hour, Fashola can not be the messiah to the masses. Lagos is absolutely congested and once migrants from other states start to realise that in order to make the money that they seek, they would be living in the most deplorable of circumstances, the better for them. Fashola is nobody's daddy. He is there to ensure that you have the basic necessities as a human being who has the right to live in the state. It is not up to him to provide you job but to foster the environment in such a way that it wouldn't be difficult for you to achieve that desire. It is the state's government to provide security, good roads, pipe born water, justice et al. However, we all know how the government of the state have been stifled by the federal government in providing electricity and good roads. Lagos is doing exceptionally well with the resources it has at its disposal.

Yes, I am a Lagos indegene and as much as I think it is ridiculous to ask those who are not indegenous to leave, it seems to me now that it is one of the solution to the problems facing the state.

What all these migrants should do now is rather than leaving their states and their state governors to embezzle the money allocated to them as a people, they should start demanding for their rights in their states. Other state governors are the ones laughing now because they have so much fund and so little people to disperse it to so they end up hoarding it all to themselves. Your states are rich, so start demanding for your human rights. Don't leave your states, ask your government to provide for you! This is the reason why some people from the east believe that their states are doing better than some other states in Nigeria. That notion is a big misconception because if half of the population have left to Lagos, and their government have half the population with the allocation for a full population, of course they would appear to be rich.

It is indeed ridiculous to ask "non indigenes" to leave.  You using the term "migrants" is also quite misplaced.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by EgbeNak: 2:55pm On May 25, 2011
Carry go jare.
Which country no get crime?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Have Never Insulted Jonathan- APC / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration / APC Delegation Led By Ngige & Andy Uba Visit Obiano Over The Death Of His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.