Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (19899 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / US Didn't Sanction Buhari In 2011 (video), Why Should Orubebe Be Sanctioned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On May 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

See me see wahala . . . wetin concern india or america with Nigeria? The documentary was on makoko in Nigeria . . why the constant distractions? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
It still doesn't hide the fact that Al Jazeera are all over the place now which is getting annoying these days. . .

They claim to be an arabic news station yet they report on every part of the world.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 27, 2011
mama-gee:

It still doesn't hide the fact that Al Jazeera are all over the place now which is getting annoying these days. . .

They claim to be an arabic news station yet they report on every part of the world.

Aljazeer has never been an arabic news station per say . . . I mean it's competition, from almost the very beginning has been CNN, Sky/FoX, BBC . . . all of them international stations.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by prettyboi1(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2011
It really hurts me to know that Africans & black people leave the white man to always tell them lies, many of these things they show on tv about africa,how many of them are true? the funny thing is that they stay in their different countries & tell you stuff about where you have lived all your live & it's obvious that these things are lies but funny enough we believe these shits. SHAME ON YOU GUYS WHO BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES, now here are some examples,on cnn in 2009,they said 80% of Nigerians live on less than $1(N150) a day cos they can't afford it.How on earth is that true? The poorest of Nigerians would use nothing less than "at least" N100 phone recharge card & drink at least one bottle of beer for about N350 & also spend some money on feeding making a total cost of just "feeding,phone calls" be roughly about at "least"(bad as however it can be) N800 & that's just for very critical situations of poverty. Now,look at "at least" 10 people you know that can't afford at least N1000( you see?) in a day not to talk about people that are middle-class & people that are rich. we all know these things,but a foolish white man who doesn't live amongst us would not do any researches but would just sit & "cook" some stupid stories about us & tell us & we'd be so foolish as always to believe shit like that. They say about 1000 babies die cos of malaria every second,then how come at that rate none of us know any babies that die of malaria except when they bring up those crappy statistics but yet we are still damn stupid & foolish & buy the stupid ideas & statistics they feed us with, the simple truth is none of those guys, cnn,al-jazeera,usa,europe,w.h.o. etc know my country more than me,yes we have our problems like all of them also have & we aren't perfect but those things they show in the media are just mostly "over-hyped negativities" just so one journalist in their country could get paid. SHAME ON EVERY NIGERIAN WHO BELIEVES ALL THOSE SHIT YOU NATURALLY KNOW AIN'T TRUE BUT BELIEVE COS YOU SEE THEM ON cnn,al-jazeera & all those media outlets.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by musiwa46: 5:28pm On May 28, 2011
where are you from you. what they have been showing that is lagos, is just the island of lagos. go to the mainland. they dont know if there is a government in nigeria. rich people live in the island. that why they show you that.

THIS IS LAGOS BEFORE MERGE, THIS IS HOW THE WHITE MAN LEFT IT.

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by musiwa46: 5:33pm On May 28, 2011
that is why i want to be president. i know what to do.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by md4real(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2011
Witness: Street life in lagos now on aljazeera. It was done(some parts) french. Just wondering
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by GNBohr: 10:25am On May 31, 2011
kobojunkie and playmode, when you two wakes up from your slumber and realities dawn on you, it may be too late to know that the Nigeria you left is not the Nigeria of today.

Call me whatever, the fact remains that you people do not know much about the country of your birth. If you can not comprehend the simple english I wrote, then all hope is lost on you guys remembering home. There are many Nigerians coming back to participate in the rebirth of the country and they are beginning to see the true picture of the country.

Playmode, you need to go back to school to understand that the word "slavish as I used it is in the adjectival form and it simply means: Abjectly submissive; characteristic of a slave or servant. So when you are in a slavish comfort, you are simply enjoying the comfort of a slave which can be taken away without notice by the masters. "Slavish" can also mean: blindly immitative, or a copy of the original.

If you are well informed about Nigeria, you will not be pushed by media propaganda as to become blindly immitative of the notion that nothing good comes out of Nigeria.

So when next you open your orifice to speak about Nigeria make sure you check all facts and figures and not just stupidly and blindly rely only on unfounded source.

Whatever gives you the impresssion that whatever you hear or see from watching Aljazeera or CNN is exactly the case beats me. If we are to follow your logic, then every Nigerian is a 419 or drug pusher or terrorist. I tire for una.

As per my "never have been out of the country", continue daydreaming. My people use to say, if a child has never seen another man's farmland, he will claim his father's is the largest. Grow up man.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 5:23pm On May 31, 2011
My dear playmode,

I pleaded with you to educate us about the service delivery issues in South Africa.

How did you respond?

By claimng that the service delivery issues are limited to "some areas" and by posting  well packaged videos of tourist sites in South Africa (BTW, I have visited some of those sites).

Why do you think we do not have well packaged videos of beautiful tourist sites in Nigeria? Why not show us the "other" side of SA.

Anyway since it seems to me that you are probably living in one of the "well-off" areas of SA like Sandton or Rivonia and have no idea what is happening to the masses, I have decided to make available these.  FYI, these were not made by a foreign media ,so no bias!

The Al Jazeera programme highlights the living conditions of the poor in Lagos, well let's see what the living conditions of the poor of SA is like.

Viewer's discretion is advised:

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wXno9JRrQ8[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gwrbm3xBEE[/flash]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On May 31, 2011
GNBohr:

kobojunkie and playmode, when you two wakes up from your slumber and realities dawn on you, it may be too late to know that the Nigeria you left is not the Nigeria of today.

Call me whatever, the fact remains that you people do not know much about the country of your birth. If you can not comprehend the simple english I wrote, then all hope is lost on you guys remembering home. There are many Nigerians coming back to participate in the rebirth of the country and they are beginning to see the true picture of the country.

Playmode, you need to go back to school to understand that the word "slavish as I used it is in the adjectival form and it simply means: Abjectly submissive; characteristic of a slave or servant. So when you are in a slavish comfort, you are simply enjoying the comfort of a slave which can be taken away without notice by the masters. "Slavish" can also mean: blindly immitative, or a copy of the original.

If you are well informed about Nigeria, you will not be pushed by media propaganda as to become blindly immitative of the notion that nothing good comes out of Nigeria.

So when next you open your orifice to speak about Nigeria make sure you check all facts and figures and not just stupidly and blindly rely only on unfounded source.

Whatever gives you the impresssion that whatever you hear or see from watching Aljazeera or CNN is exactly the case beats me. If we are to follow your logic, then every Nigerian is a 419 or drug pusher or terrorist. I tire for una.

As per my "never have been out of the country", continue daydreaming. My people use to say, if a child has never seen another man's farmland, he will claim his father's is the largest. Grow up man.

Kobojunkie:

Following your argument, are we to assume that the over 75% poor people in Lagos, and in Nigeria as a whole, are all poor people?

Those of us in the diaspora are disconnected from the situation down in Nigeria ,according to your claim, and this is what you want to feed us instead? Dude, Like @Playmode before me, I will pass and wait for those who are more open to the reality of Nigeria instead.

@GnBohr, stop with the attention seeking . . . if you have nothing better to do on here. You probably want to go find something else doing!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 5:33pm On May 31, 2011
and this, just two months today. . .

Viewer's discretion is advised:

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDHSFcWDMII[/flash]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 5:49pm On May 31, 2011
Playmode, You may want to keep up with what is really happening in your new home with this blog:

http://madlove4sa..com/
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 6:21pm On May 31, 2011
johnie:

Playmode, You may want to keep up with what is really happening in your new home with this blog:

http://madlove4sa..com/

You are still having sleepless nights about South Africa  undecided Like Kobo told the other guy don't you have anything better to do  undecided I wonder why you spend so much energy comparing SA to Nigeria even though the topic of this thread has nothing to do with SA.You asked an irrelevant question and i gave you a befitting answer.Since the begining of this thread you have not addressed the the topic instead you have continued to display your obvious obsession with SA.Funny that you call SA my new home.I guess it is a crime now for any Nigerian to feel compasion and display disgust for the terrible conditions Nigerians are facing today despite all resources we have.I have not read anywhere where you said you felt sorry for those people in the Aljazeera video.

Instead your comments have illustrated to everyone on this thread that you consider their situation to be of no BIG DEAL shocked

This the typical trait that many Nigerians posess.Instead of admitting our problems and asking questions or delibrati8ng about what Government are going to do about the condition of our poor you are busy embeding SA videos.

I will not even get in the argument of SA this ,SA that with you but i will ask you some questions:

IS the original post about South Africa ? NO

Are the people in the OP videos South Africans? NO

Was the title of the video witness - Johannesburg? NO

So what is up with all the SA Agro ,you say you have visited some of those places.I seriously doubt that considering how obsessed you are with SA.Are you saying that because SA Government has not attended to the needs of some of it's people still living in township,Nigerian Government must also not help its poor  undecided What is your point exactly in relation to the topic of THIS THREAD ?

Your argument holds no water here because the topic of the thread is not SA vs Nigeria.

In the previous page you posted a lot of irrelevant videos,videos that that had to do with racism and the SA Government's BEE programs  undecided .I was like what the f8ck,what has that even got to do with anything Feel free to post more videos ,the fact is the topic has nothing to with SA so this is just turning into an attention seeking circus now.

Don't expect me to reply to any more of your posts on this thread,you can have the last word.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:55pm On May 31, 2011
What's my point?

You betrayed your real intentions when you posted videos of tourist sites in SA and  told us "every suburb here has at least 3 parks and 1 mall even the townshipS have their own shopping malls".

You try to misinform and denigrate Nigerians by claiming that

"Most 22 year old educated blacks have a decent Job where they earn a minimum salary equivalent of N200,000 ,drive a 2011 BMW 3 series ,Own a 2 bedroom townhouse and live their lives to the fullest.

Most of the one who suffers are uneducated ,unmotivated and extremely lazy folks to do not want to do anything but commit crime.

Nigeria on the other does not care about its citizens and does not create opportunities for its hardworking populace."

You claim we have BIG, BIG problems while comparing us with war ravaged countries by saying that you believe that Nigeria's poor suffer more than others apart from Sudan ,Afghanistan, Somalia and a few others.

And you expect me to agree with that?

No one is saying that things are okay in Nigeria but making the country great begins with us thinking positively about the country not from an inferiority complex mindset.

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOFGDFyz1I[/flash]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nemeziz9ja: 1:24am On Jun 01, 2011
This is one of the reasons that discouraged me from commenting on Nairaland for a long time - living in denial, mindless bickering over who is right or wrong, comparing ourselves to others and showing to every Tom, D* and Harry in every part of the world that can use the internet and read that we are indeed what they have been told. Rather than learn the "core lesson" of life in Nigeria taking Lagos as a micro-sample and call for a forum where each person can offer proactive suggestions, we blame the messenger rather than the message which unfortunately is the truth and a harbinger of the dark future if we don't change.
We Nigerians do not need mindless patriotism that will defend "our honor" against what any foreign media has to say; they are in business to say that and will not stop. However, what they have said about us, is it the truth or not? This is about "our own land" and what leadership and followership problems has created. I have seen enough in Nigeria to know that we the "followers" have bigger problems than the so called leaders - we lack the will to change. Most of the folks chatting here and defending the honor of Nigeria will perverse the course of justice if they have a little power and authority (cousin uncle or even friends in power) and until we learn to make everyone that represent us take responsibility for their actions, the danse macabre continues. In Nigeria, we have VERY few leaders, most of the so-called leaders should be refered to as men with power or position of authority and this is where the leadership disconnect starts from and frittles down to me and you and every average joe on the street. If Aljazeera has said something offensive about your land, do something about it; don't cry about their bias or start comparing us to other countries (thats the my mercedes is bigger than yours mentality among us that has made us extremely selfish to the point of wicked rulership), rather do something by making your leaders or the people in authority accountable.
We are all guilty afterall Wole Soyinka said the man dies in all who keeps silent in the face of tyranny. My point is this; I was at the checkin counter of Emirates 2 days ago to see some folks off and the custom guys were hassling Nigerian travellers over Garri, Crayfish and other condiments (thankfully no one in my entourage has such issue) and at a point, some Indians came in to check in and when they were supposed to move over for custom's inspection, one of them just smiled at the custom's officer and did a quick sweep of his folded hands crumpling some cash towards the man, the custom's dude, swiftly grabbed the hand, palm the cash and smiled back and all the luggages packed by these folks were skipped. All of us Nigerians that were there saw it and did nothing but shook our heads (thats some frustrated heads innit?). Now,I have been around and can't recount how many times I have been stopped in many Asian and Australian airports for explosive scan ( I jokingly told one of them if its because I am BLACK) and I am sure that Indians won't allow any Nigerian do that and if another foreigner should get that incident on tape and show it to the world, we will start blabbing that they are trying to spoil our rep. I felt bad that I could do nothing about it even though I have every mind to go and slap the custom's guy.
So, you and I are the people that have been doing things and need to do less of what we don't want Aljazeera to report.
Enough story; please if you have an outgoing governor in your state, make sure he does not escape abroad without giving you all stewardship report.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by redsun(m): 5:50am On Jun 01, 2011
An ignorant society like nigeria will always remain an object of ridicule.Fundamental ignorance is the hub for all that is evil,backward,shameful and agonizing,it is like living hell.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by prettyboi1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
NEMEZIZ9JA , I don't think there's a thing u have said in this your last post that I disagree with.yeah we the followers are even more indisciplined & corrupt than most of the so called leaders.yes there are just a few people that can actually be called leaders.yes most of us want to oppress the others with how much richer we are,yes many of us do all those my uncle & aunty is in power crap, all that. Dude believe me,me & you have the same exact thoughts & feelings towards Naija so please don't get my previous post wrong. I was/am only saying we know what our problems are,but many times we live in denial towards them & then one stupid white reporter would come & tell us "exaggerated shit",sell it to the world & everyone would believe it even if it's not true. classic example? see the real life situation you gave about the indian guys at the airport. you see? we always put the stupid foreigners above our own kinsmen even right from the era of slavery. we all can't progress when we keep lacking love amongst ourselves & letting people from outside feed us with crap.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by prettyboi1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
change starts with every single one of us, anybody who chooses to just believe the shit al-jazeera,cnn & co say have the right to but the truth is many of them are exaggerated & are lies in many cases, I stay committed to believing I was born & placed in this country to contribute to it's betterment & greatness so I don't necessarily have to be in government before I care for my fellow men & for that same reason I've been to some of these other countries & I know they've got nothing more than us.the problems we have are just with us the people being so damn greedy,selfish & thinking these countries hav more than we do,we can be better if we put credible to lead us not just "uncles" or "aunties". Nigeria is simply a great country only torn into confusion by whatever negatives we choose to put between us & greatness. STOP COMPLAINING & START PLAYING YOUR PART. SIMPLE.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nemeziz9ja: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
Word.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by GNBohr: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
To all who thinks I defend my country blindly, I have no apology to give. I am not stupid not to know that I may change residence, I may change nationality but I can never change my blood. I was born and bred a Nigerian and am very proud to be a Nigerian just like I am very proud to be a Yoruba man.

As a man, am not perfect and as a citizen of Nigeria, I know Nigeria is underdeveloped and faces mostly human challenges, challenges like kobojunkies and playmodes of this world, who does not want to see nothing good in and about Nigeria.

The inferiority complex that drove them out of the country to the extent that they accept everything they hear about Nigeria as true is deeply pathological. They are unfortunately not better than Dangote who is investing in Nigeria or Adenuga who is showing the world that a Nigerian can own and run a worldclass telecom company.

You may have other views about Dangote and Adenuga, even if they stole those monies, they still chose to reinvest it in Nigeria because they believe in Nigeria. How many Nigerians believe in Nigeria. This is the only country where my nationality cannot be questioned or withdrawn, therefore I must defend it against any from of assaults.

If poverty push some Nigerians out of the country, how do they expect not to see poor people in Nigeria, are there no poor people in those countries they choose to reside. If those countires are heaven on earth and eldoradoes why are so much strives and killings there.

Some will say there is no security in Nigeria because of armed robbery attack or violence and I ask them, are there no armed robberies attack, serial killers, rapists, arsonists, gun totters, and violent people in USA.

Nigeria suffered bad leadership, yes, because the kobojunkies and playmodes of this world think it is better to escape to SAs, UKs and USAs of this world rather than fight the bad leadership.

If the entire Europeans have escaped to Newfoundland between 16th and 17th century, Europe will not be what it is today, if those who moved to Newfoundland had not extended support to Europe during its continental crises, Europe may have still been lagging.

It is good to go out to seek greener pasture, knowledge, wisdom and skills, many Nigerians and Africans have been doing that before our generations were born, the Awolowos, the Nkrumahs, the Azikwes, the Jomo Kenyattas, the Mandelas, the Herbert Macaulays; the Samuel Ajayi Crowthers, a slave turned priest who chose to return home. If they had developed the type of metality and attitude our playmodes and kobojunkies have now, Africa will still be a colonised continent. I am sure they will even prefer it (colonisation) and even prefer slavery so that they can have residences in Europe and America in order to enjoy slavish comfort.

The playmodes and Kobojunkies are like Nigerians who left their villlages to come to live in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Jos, Abuja, Kaduna and other major cities and end up forgetting their villages and whenever any piece of unsavoury news about their villages frittered in, they respond, talk and behave like our Nairaland kobojunkies and playmodes.

Imagine playmode saying I have never seen other countries and kobojunkie saying I have no job to do, they even say am seeking attention, simply because I try to make them realise what they dont know. I pity them. Most of us living in Nigeria are more travelled than people like you who just sat in a corner of a country.

What can you do about a compound fool, they know not, they refuse to accept that they know not and yet claim to know so much. Let me feed you:

Nigeria is an underdeveloped country with all its challenges and if you dont know that, then you are dead. When you here of news about Nigeria concerning its poverty, dont pity, do something about it. Pitying a jobless man will not give him livelihood, assist him in earning an income. Pitying an hungry man is stupid, give him food. That is what some Nigerians are presently doing, contributing to development and human empowerment using personal resources. Is that not what your Ford, Rockfeller and Bill Gates foundation are known for. You can do same, if you really learn something good from your international exposure than arrogant sympathy and condemnation.

About Makoko in Lagos Mainland, that Aljazeera just woke up to to degrade Nigeria with, who does not know that Maroko was worst than the present day Makoko except the kobojunkies and playmodes of this world. Maroko has become Victoria Island extension, now popularly called Lekki. The best hotels and shopping malls in Nigeria are now in Lekki, I doubt if kobojunkie and playmode with all their years of sojourn in foreign land can buy a plot of land there now.

Ilubirin around Adeniji Adele was once like Makoko, it is now being reclaimed and developed for the Eko Atlantic city. I wonder if playmode and kobojunkie ever heard that the original name of that area is ILUBIRIN. It was like a world war relocating the original settlers.

I have not heard of Aljazeera or CNN or BBC do a documentary showing the wonderful transformation of Maroko or Ilubirin. They will never see that, they will never broadcast that. CNN, BBC and Aljazeera are still blind to see the transformation work going on in Port Harcourt or the beautiful and clean city of Calabar, thay have not gone to check out Obudu where our President just had his post election retreat.

What the blind like playmode and kobojunkie will see through their blind anchor, is Makoko, Ajegunle, Amukoko or Riverside in Port Harcourt and the political violence in Jos that they will call religious conflict so as to set muslims against christians. The Lagos State development plan for Makoko is well known to those who follow development programmes of Lagos. But because of human factor, cost of relocation and compensation, the place is for now left to remain as it is. I need not mention several attempts at relocating the people from the area in the past. There are still some litigations against the state government in the courts over the ejection order given in the past.

If the state government forcefully eject them, it is idiots like playmode and kobojunkie that will post a thread on Nairaland on infringement of fundamental human rights and invite their blind CNN, BCC and Aljazeera networks to broadcast the demolition live like it happened during Maroko time.

I know of some lawyers, SANs amongst them who took Raji Rasak, the then Lagos Military administrator (1989-1991) to court over the Maroko demolition, who now lives in Lekki and owns properties there, so much for hypocrisy. Times have changed, they are now benefitting from what they condemned.

Every development comes with pains, losses and sacrifices. Every modern society start as slums. Those who knows, knows the history of London slums in medieval Europe. Twenty years ago, I used to walk bare footed in the mud of Maroko whenever I visited there (the then popular Maroko beach), today the area is the choicest place to live, work and own properties. The people who lived in Maroko then, despite their losses are today happy that the place is now a modern showpiece.

Kobojunkies and Playmode, if you are lost you are lost, the dogs that decidedly go astray will not hear the hunters' flute. You people are lost and know nothing about Nigeria. Get lost from my face. I am a proud Nigeria and no millions of Aljazeera will inform me about the realities of my beloved Nigeria.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by prettyboi1(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2011
GNBohr , God Bless you man, you have said it all. God Bless you & your intelligence. We have problems like every country in the world does,the only difference is that they mostly stand up to it & find solutions while all we want to do is sit around & complain without doing any thing that would bring the change we desire. You tell people to come out & vote,what do they say?: I don't have to vote cos my vote won't count,they already know who would win. see? people saying things like that & they want change. YOU CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF FIGHTING IF YOU TRULY WANT CHANGE,ASK OUR FORE FATHERS WHO FOUGHT FOR INDEPENDENCE OR NELSON MANDELA WHO FOUGHT FOR THE FREEDOM & LIBERTY OF SOUTH AFRICA & EVEN HAD TO GO TO JAIL FOR 27 YEARS. DON'T JUST SIT AROUND COMPLAINING ABOUT SHIT,PLAY YOUR OWN PART & BELIEVE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN! plus: again.screw all those media bodies who exaggerate things,lie lot & never show anything positive about Nigeria or Africa in general.bunch of idiots!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Musiwa51: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2011
majority of the people who live in asaba now are from all part of the state.

but we can put a wall around asaba like the USA and mexico border.

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by namanama: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
it is sad
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by namanama: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2011
it is sad
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by becomrichv: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2011
no human beeing should live this way.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by namanama: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
sad
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by becomrichv: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
showing people tinubu houses as lagos. is not a true reflection of lagos.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by NegroNtns(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
GNBohr,

Thanks for that response, great input.

Here is what I think of the whole issue - its a sponsored propaganda prepared to buttress and gain legitimacy for Boko Haram's grievance against the need for a sharia structured society.

Where else in Nigeria is that argument most potent than in the seemingly most advanced city of Lagos.

If you show case Lagos as unfriendly for human habitation then you make the case for other cities as even less habitable and therefore gives reason for separating from it under a new social order.

Aljazeera may not be fully knowledgable about the political relationships but their airwaves has served as a medium for that propaganda by the North.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by becomrichv: 4:42am On Jul 11, 2011
Aljazeera is showing the true state of lagos. Not the nonsense propaganda employed by the government. What it shows is that many yorubas are suffering. And the govt of nigeria do not want people to see this. So as to continue to cheat them.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Uche2005: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2011
out
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Becomrich11: 3:20am On Jul 28, 2011
truth about lagos
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by preselect(m): 4:48am On Jul 28, 2011
Thanks to you Johnie. I've skipped my meal for tonight. Anyway you warned about viewer discretion.
Yuk!!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by yodiyokun(f): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2011
When will we stop squeezing one another throat - diasporans and those living in Nigeria. We are looking at the world through different lenses. As a result, it's always diffcult to understand each others perspective.

There are slums everywhere. The slums in Newyork and Bombay are probably as horrible as Makoko, so what?

The collective net effect is postive in developed countries and its negative in Africa. It will take generations for it to shift, nothing happens overnight.

Living in Lagos is a diiferent experience and comparing it to living in Toronto is like comparing apples and oranges. They are different fruits and both delicious.

I miss Lagos ojere!, bedbug, slums, traffic and all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Return To Nimbo In Enugu, Threaten To Unleash More Terror / Militants Blow Up Two NPDC Pipelines In Delta - Vanguard / FG Under Fire Over Sacked Director-turned-permsec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.