Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (19891 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / US Didn't Sanction Buhari In 2011 (video), Why Should Orubebe Be Sanctioned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by samm(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2011
LeoMax:

Nothing wrong with the VIDEO, all I see are illegal immigrants leaving in illegal slums and learning francophone.

I also saw the normal hustling of Okada riders and the demolition of illegal settlement as its done in India this last week.

I didn't see the video Victoria Island where I live.

I see mischief.

I don't think the point of the video was to show VI WHERE YOU LIVE.  What you call normal hustling might not be so normal. Maybe you should give it a try.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On May 25, 2011
LeoMax:

Nothing wrong with the VIDEO, all I see are illegal immigrants leaving in illegal slums and learning francophone.

I also saw the normal hustling of Okada riders and the demolition of illegal settlement as its done in India this last week.

I didn't see the video Victoria Island where I live.

I see mischief.

The population of much of Victoria Island and much of the affluent parts of Lagos is maybe less than 500,000, and on the most part the Government seems to cater very well to the needs of this group. Why does Aljazeera need to focus on them when more than 80% of the state, and the nation still can't seem to get the Government to hear their voice?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by omoekoni(m): 3:11pm On May 25, 2011
"The problem is more with people like you with half baked ideas and lazy brain syndrome approach of turning the country around. So, if you manage to get into power or you have the option to vote for someone campaigning on sending people away from Lagos, you'd jump in and support such nonsense"

I will support it fully, as a matter of fact i will campaign for Lagos to become a country on its own!!.Lagos is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria!! If the western world did not control their immigration, they wont be as prosperous as they are.  The truth is bitter, but if non-lagosians don't go back to their states/countries, Lagos will not be able to become as wealthy as it should be AND other states will not realize they need to improve.

I am very happy that Fashola is sending all the beggers back to their states, all that remains now is for the police to ask for your passport and if you are not a Lagos indigene, go back please.Lagos is full, we don't need or want any more people.

How can the other states progress when the governors there don't feel the pressure to do anything, who else would put the pressure on? instead they all run to Lagos as if that will solve their issue.

Just for one second, imagine Lagos without all those other people from different states, no more traffic, less pollution, reduced crime rate, e.t.c. I am a Lagos boy and it hurts to see what how these other people from different states are trying to pull it down.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2011
otitokoro1:

I am sure this guy just installed DSTV or Star-time and trying to announce it,  grin grin grin

Must you watch Aljazereel before acknowledge Nigerians are suffering? 

Emi a looo grin grin grin

Duh ,did you not read where i said i watched it on my laptop  undecided

Which one be star Trek now 

Yes i have always known that Nigerians are suffering but does that mean i must not speak about it in 2011 because i already knew Nigerians were suffering since 1980s  undecided
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by safariman(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2011
The two main guys in the video are from Benin, Lagos is bad with no security, bad army etc, but they refuse to go back to their own country.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by virtual78: 3:32pm On May 25, 2011
Watched the video with Mixed feelings, yes the documentary is true, but I got confused with some parts of the video, I am not ready to shed a tear, maybe because i know this is true (although very wrong for people to live like this), and moreover I see this every day and I hate it every day!!!

1. The Beninese Men? What kind of job would u hope to get in a country whose official language is English? The video only identifies them as foreigner, we don’t know what sort of degree they have if any? Or maybe i missed that part.
I believe people on this forum who live/lived abroad especially in Non-English speaking countries would understand better, it is not right to ask migrants to leave though, even the English speaking countries we used to hear the sweetest gist until you see things for yourself……where are the jobs, hey stop complaining (Have you lost your passport)

2. The woman who stays/sells by the railway line, now this one is touching, the way she has narrated the story seems to look like they were not given any notice to leave there, even if they were the government owes it to them to provide them with an alternative, as they are endangering their lives at that location, beside railway (suicide) shocked , seen similar videos of some other countries on the internet too.

3. The okada rider/carpenter? What’s his own story? I would feel extremely pained if he was a graduate or even an OND holder, we all know that in today's Nigeria education only gives u a very little opportunity of making ends meet, but trust me, without education to an extent your chances of sitting in an office with your suit and Tie is history.

4. What was that Okada accident all about? Ozumba just beside law school I recon? Safety first No Helmet, we all know that a large amount of Okada riders have no clue what they are doing when they hit the road, (still part of issues we need to address in this country).

5. The guys at the Dumpsite? Pretty dirty job right? and that makes Nigeria a bad place? No one deserves to work in such a filthy place but then? where will they get  a job and who would employ them? Education comes back into the picture, this is not taking away the fact that there might be a few educated people in a mix, but very minimal I dare say, 
I got bored along the line watching this video, but hey guys am not going to feel bad because some journalist showed a video about Naija, come to think of it, which country  be heaven sef? Hmmm, Nigeria is not the worst country in the world, only problem is that with our Oil, we should be able to live better than this, every child born in Nigeria should be able to enjoy the benefits of a good life coming from an OIL RICH COUNTRY,

TRUTH BE TOLD:
Migration to Lagos has also taken its toll on the state, what we need to understand is that some people would have been better off in their own states, maybe farming,fishing (no shame in this), but the search for greener pastures keeps bringing more people to lagos,  we lagosians sef nefer see the greener pastures
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Skii(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2011
WHO GAVE THOSE BENIN FACTORY REJECTS PERMISSION TO ENTER NIGERIA

WHY DIDNT THEY GO TO IKOYI OR LEKKI, WHERE THE FASTEST GROWING REAL ESTATE IN WEST AFRICA IS??

WHICH COUNTRY DOESNT HAVE SLUMS??

O S***, I AM SO UPSET, IF I WERE THE BOSS OF IMMIGRATIONS I WILL FISH THOSE MOFOS OUT DUMP THEM IN THAT WATER THEY ROWING IN AND TELL EM TO SWIM BACK ALL THE WAY HOME

STUPID IDIOT HUSTLERS, WHO GAVE THEM PERMISSION TO RUN AN EDUCATIONAL CENTRE

AND WHERE IS ALJAZEERA'S PERMIT FOR AIRING SUCH

AARRRGGHHH I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by nwaafo1: 3:59pm On May 25, 2011
@playmode,
thank u, u've just been speaking my mind in this thread, i always cry for my dear nation and sometimes regretted bein from there. i may not have stayed a no. of years u hv in S.A but i must confess that since coming here, i hv never found even one reason to believe S.A can ever be compared with Nigeria or any other African country. please if u dont mind, kindly teach me on how you made it through the Black Economic empowerment in S.A, i live in Cape Town, but still a student. inbox me abeg
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Guyman02: 4:17pm On May 25, 2011
You watched what the Arabs now call [b]swine[/b]jazeera and you felt like crying, the station that reports everyday how NATO is bombarding Tripoli a heavily populated city and tell us they are protecting civilians.

Perhaps, they are planning something to destabilise this country and it starts from the media telling us how the 'international Community' is going to assist Nigeria fight poverty and insecurity by locating a NATO military base here.

Shine your eye, there are homeless people everywhere in Europe and how many documentaries have you watched on that?

You can cry me a river, how many documentaries have you watched in Aljazeera showing American Soldiers cutting off their dead victims body parts as souvenirs in Afghanistan (what is more degrading to humans than that?)
Please if you want to talk about news channels dont mention what you see in the corporate medias represented by CNN, Fox, Aljazeera, only watch them with bias.
See how they are promoting that French Woman Lagarde to become the new IMF MD, without mentioning the guy from South Africa or Mexico interested in the position which has been occupied by Europe for the past 65 years or making so many Nigerians to spend 24hrs watching so called royal wedding and thinking that the royals are from outer space which to me is no different from the son of Oba of Benin wedding.
Forget all these documentaries, Aljazeera should be showing us Fasholas achievement in the last four years.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2011
nwa afo:

@playmode,
thank u, u've just been speaking my mind in this thread, i always cry for my dear nation and sometimes regretted bein from there. i may not have stayed a no. of years u hv in S.A but i must confess that since coming here, i hv never found even one reason to believe S.A can ever be compared with Nigeria or any other African country. please if u dont mind, kindly teach me on how you made it through the Black Economic empowerment in S.A, i live in Cape Town, but still a student. inbox me abeg

Edited
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Skii(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2011
Guyman02:

You watched what the Arabs now call [b]swine[/b]jazeera and you felt like crying, the station that reports everyday how NATO is bombarding Tripoli a heavily populated city and tell us they are protecting civilians.

Perhaps, they are planning something to destabilise this country and it starts from the media telling us how the 'international Community' is going to assist Nigeria fight poverty and insecurity by locating a NATO military base here.

Shine your eye, there are homeless people everywhere in Europe and how many documentaries have you watched on that?

You can cry me a river, how many documentaries have you watched in Aljazeera showing American Soldiers cutting off their dead victims body parts as souvenirs in Afghanistan (what is more degrading to humans than that?)
Please if you want to talk about news channels dont mention what you see in the corporate medias represented by CNN, Fox, Aljazeera, only watch them with bias.
See how they are promoting that French Woman Lagarde to become the new IMF MD, without mentioning the guy from South Africa or Mexico interested in the position which has been occupied by Europe for the past 65 years or making so many Nigerians to spend 24hrs watching so called royal wedding and thinking that the royals are from outer space which to me is no different from the son of Oba of Benin wedding.
Forget all these documentaries, Aljazeera should be showing us Fasholas achievement in the last four years.

Abi o dont mind them mstcheww!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2011
virtual78:

Watched the video with Mixed feelings, yes the documentary is true, but I got confused with some parts of the video, I am not ready to shed a tear, maybe because i know this is true (although very wrong for people to live like this), and moreover I see this every day and I hate it every day!!!

1. The Beninese Men? What kind of job would u hope to get in a country whose official language is English? The video only identifies them as foreigner, we don’t know what sort of degree they have if any? Or maybe i missed that part.
I believe people on this forum who live/lived abroad especially in Non-English speaking countries would understand better, it is not right to ask migrants to leave though, even the English speaking countries we used to hear the sweetest gist until you see things for yourself……where are the jobs, hey stop complaining (Have you lost your passport)

2. The woman who stays/sells by the railway line, now this one is touching, the way she has narrated the story seems to look like they were not given any notice to leave there, even if they were the government owes it to them to provide them with an alternative, as they are endangering their lives at that location, beside railway (suicide) shocked , seen similar videos of some other countries on the internet too.

3. The okada rider/carpenter? What’s his own story? I would feel extremely pained if he was a graduate or even an OND holder, we all know that in today's Nigeria education only gives u a very little opportunity of making ends meet, but trust me, without education to an extent your chances of sitting in an office with your suit and Tie is history.

4. What was that Okada accident all about? Ozumba just beside law school I recon? Safety first No Helmet, we all know that a large amount of Okada riders have no clue what they are doing when they hit the road, (still part of issues we need to address in this country).

5. The guys at the Dumpsite? Pretty dirty job right? and that makes Nigeria a bad place? No one deserves to work in such a filthy place but then? where will they get  a job and who would employ them? Education comes back into the picture, this is not taking away the fact that there might be a few educated people in a mix, but very minimal I dare say, 
I got bored along the line watching this video, but hey guys am not going to feel bad because some journalist showed a video about Naija, come to think of it, which country  be heaven sef? Hmmm, Nigeria is not the worst country in the world, only problem is that with our Oil, we should be able to live better than this, every child born in Nigeria should be able to enjoy the benefits of a good life coming from an OIL RICH COUNTRY,

TRUTH BE TOLD:
Migration to Lagos has also taken its toll on the state, what we need to understand is that some people would have been better off in their own states, maybe farming,fishing (no shame in this), but the search for greener pastures keeps bringing more people to lagos,  we lagosians sef nefer see the greener pastures

Fair Enough

Guyman02:

You made valid points but there is nothing wrong in crying for your fellow man who is less privileged than you. Aljazeera may have there own hidden agenda as you say for showing that documentary but it does not make it less true.If you follow the thread ,no one has ever laid blame on Fashola, we all know this problem is bigger than him.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by nwaafo1: 4:30pm On May 25, 2011
playmode:

@nwa afo ,Contact me via *******. Let me know what you are studying and at which school.Also tell me what type of permit you are using in SA and how long you have being there.Then i will know what type of information to pass on to you.

yeah i will do, thanks

playmode:

@Spammers ,please don't spam my email address o because i know you guys are combing every thread looking for emails to spam.I am not interested in dating or marrying anyone,i am not interested in virtual airtime,i do not respond to bank password emails ,i am don't do visas and i certainly don't want to network with anyone on facebook! So don't bother spamming me otherwise i will email you a virus that will cripple your PC.
grin grin grin you can remove your mail now, i hv got it
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On May 25, 2011
Guyman02:

You watched what the Arabs now call swine[/b]jazeera and you felt like crying, the station that reports everyday how NATO is bombarding Tripoli a heavily populated city and tell us they are protecting civilians.

[b]That is not true.
For one, these same Arabs you speak of now make POUR onto Aljazeera's facebook pages, Facebook, Twitter etc to call on more media houses to carry their issues.  Stop pretending to speak on behalf of Arabs.

Imagine that  . . . . State controlled TV stations call Aljazeera SwineJazeera and suddenly this gumba tells us Arabs do it.

for those who want to know what @Guyman02 is considering the opinion of Arabs, check the site below
https://barenakedislam./2011/04/07/some-arabs-call-news-outlet-al-jazeera-swine-jazeera-for-its-lies-and-deception/
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by virtual78: 4:34pm On May 25, 2011
Quote from: playmode on Today at 04:19:48 PM

@Spammers ,please don't spam my email address o because i know you guys are combing every thread looking for emails to spam.I am not interested in dating or marrying anyone,i am not interested in virtual airtime,i do not respond to bank password emails ,i am don't do visas and i certainly don't want to network with anyone on facebook! So don't bother spamming me otherwise i will email you a virus that will cripple your PC.

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by samm(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2011
omoekoni:

I will support it fully, as a matter of fact i will campaign for Lagos to become a country on its own!!.Lagos is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria!! If the western world did not control their immigration, they wont be as prosperous as they are.  The truth is bitter, but if non-lagosians don't go back to their states/countries, Lagos will not be able to become as wealthy as it should be AND other states will not realize they need to improve.

I am very happy that Fashola is sending all the beggers back to their states, all that remains now is for the police to ask for your passport and if you are not a Lagos indigene, go back please.Lagos is full, we don't need or want any more people.

How can the other states progress when the governors there don't feel the pressure to do anything, who else would put the pressure on? instead they all run to Lagos as if that will solve their issue.

Just for one second, imagine Lagos without all those other people from different states, no more traffic, less pollution, reduced crime rate, e.t.c. I am a Lagos boy and it hurts to see what how these other people from different states are trying to pull it down.

Dangerous mindset. But stop hurting eh, and please, don't hurt others.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by cvibe: 4:44pm On May 25, 2011
, and you think Lagos can survive on its own?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That is not true. For one, these same Arabs you speak of now make POUR onto Aljazeera's facebook pages, Facebook, Twitter etc to call on more media houses to carry their issues.  Stop pretending to speak on behalf of Arabs.

Imagine that  . . . . State controlled TV stations call Aljazeera SwineJazeera and suddenly this gumba tells us Arabs do it.

for those who want to know what @Guyman02 is considering the opinion of Arabs, check the site below
https://barenakedislam./2011/04/07/some-arabs-call-news-outlet-al-jazeera-swine-jazeera-for-its-lies-and-deception/

Kobo ,you wicked o  grin grin grin grin grin grin That was some comedic ish.Thanks i really needed that to lift my mood  grin grin

Human Wrongs organization  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Uncivilized nations  grin grin grin grin grin

Comedy ,libyan style  grin grin grin grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by KnowAll(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2011
[size=16pt]Lagos need a "human misery derivative" from the FG just like the oil derivative the oil producing state are getting. This money would be spent on alleviating and improving the LIVES and living conditions of poor Nigerians, 98% of whom are citizens of other state. Jonathan' s people " boku-plenty" for Ajegunle unless if they have started moving home to Bayelsa since the creation of Bayelsa state.

[/size]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by ikooko(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2011
@ PLAYMODE, we all know that we have issues in Nigeria, but things can only get better. Not everyone in SA, UK, US, is successful, belief me, you are one of the lucky few in SA.

I have nothing against Aljazeera on the issue, they are merely doing their job and we caused it.  for instance, DSTV is SA coy, we pay far more to access it here than the locals in SA. while our own HiTv lost premiership rites to DSTV because they couldn't raise enough money for it. How do you expect a country that do not belief or fully support her citizenry be devoid of such issues. and that is my point with your write  up.

We all need to be proud of our homeland and see what we can do about the misplaced priority of leaders.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by ikooko(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2011
@ PLAYMODE, we all know that we have issues in Nigeria, but things can only get better. Not everyone in SA, UK, US, is successful, belief me, you are one of the lucky few in SA.

I have nothing against Aljazeera on the issue, they are merely doing their job and we caused it.  for instance, DSTV is SA coy, we pay far more to access it here than the locals in SA. while our own HiTv lost premiership rites to DSTV because they couldn't raise enough money for it. How do you expect a country that do not belief or fully support her citizenry be devoid of such issues. and that is my point with your write  up.

We all need to be proud of our homeland and see what we can do about the misplaced priority of leaders.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On May 25, 2011
ikooko:

Being proud of one's homeland to the point of "COMMON SENSE" paralysis is not enough. One needs to be open to admitting wrong is wrong -- else one becomes part of the problem as one starts to act to RETAIN the ills.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by bankers: 5:57pm On May 25, 2011
If this will drive the Wicked Lebanise and indians and stop all those wicked chinese from comming to Nigeria, to enslave our youths, Nigeria will be a better place for us. But no amount of documentary will stop those bastards from flooding our country, because NA HERE THE MONEY DE!!!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Orikinla(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2011
Lagos is safer than Johannesburg and Soweto.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by reindeer: 6:09pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Being proud of one's homeland to the point of "COMMON SENSE" paralysis is not enough. One needs to be open to admitting wrong is wrong -- else one becomes part of the problem as one starts to act to RETAIN the ills.

We admit, wrong is wrong and there are so many bad things, but to paint the picture as if it is ALL WRONG is what we don't like.There are challenges, yes, but that's just half the story.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by nwaafo1: 6:18pm On May 25, 2011
Orikinla:

this is off point
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On May 25, 2011
reindeer:

We admit, wrong is wrong and there are so many bad things, [b]but to paint the picture as if it is ALL WRONG is what we don't like.[/b]There are challenges, yes, but that's just half the story.

The part in bold is actually ALL YOU. You create that idea that when someone points to 1 or 10 things that are wrong, it automatically means the person is trying to say it is ALL WRONG. There is a huge, huge problem with thinking that way.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by armyofone(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2011
this is really so sad to watch. what a life. what a country!!!
i think if not for the fact that many pple are sending euro/dollars/pounds etc to nigeria, it might have been worst than it is now.

what can't the govt build apartment complexes and have pple rent it? it is just a shame. IT IS A SHAME for a country as rich as nigeria have pple living in dirty water.

i just cried watching the filth nigeria is.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by game9576: 6:46pm On May 25, 2011
This is a typical Nigerian documentary.
Deya always show the poor people. The world needs to realize that Nigeria no be just place of suffering. There's good parts of lagos, any country in the world you live in there will be poor people. I live in London and I've met people who can barely make it to survive, so they have to commit crime, children of ages 14-21 roaming the streets shanks and guns. Life is hard no matter where you live and I agree no where is "safe".
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 25, 2011
WHAT DO THOSE Beninois TAKE THEMSELVES FOR. DEM DEY COMPLAIN AS WELL. I BET THEY HAVE NO VISA. THEY SHOULD JUST GO SIT IN THEIR POVERTY NATION.
angry
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2011
Orikinla:

Beside the fact that you are off point ,how do you know that this is true.Do you have Lagos' genuine crime stats? Does the NPF even record crime stats in Nigeria?  grin  Last time i checked they write reported crimes with a chalk on a black board only to wipe it off the next day ,some times they record it in an exercise book which gets thrown away or burnt once their file cabinets are full  undecided

Nobody knows the crime rate in Nigeria because no one records it properly.Just yesterday soldiers went on rampage and killed several policemen.Does that sound like something that happens in a safe country?

In the recent election ,NYSC members were murdered ruthlessly as well as other people.Does that sound like a safe country to you.

Do you need me to remind you about how safe Lagos is to the extent that in some neighborhood ,Armed robbers write letters weeks in advance to their potential victims telling them that they will be visiting them shortly to collect their entitlements.

Do i need to also remind you about the numerous killings of innocent civilians by policemen?

Do you need me to go on.The documentary did not focus on crime but poverty so please learn to comprehend what the crux of the matter is.We have repeated it here so many times,let us face our own problems and stop dragging other nations into this discussion.If a South African should visits this thread he will just laugh and assume that Nigerians have inferiority complex since they cannot debate their own issues without dragging SA in to the matter.The Documentary is titled Witness -Lagos  not Witness-Johannesburg  undecided
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by reindeer: 7:04pm On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The part in bold is actually ALL YOU. You create that idea that when someone points to 1 or 10 things that are wrong, it automatically means the person is trying to say it is ALL WRONG. There is a huge, huge problem with thinking that way.

Nope. I actualy admitted we do have those problems highlighted, but that isn't all we are.Those stories need to be balanced. Balancing a story isnt denying the truth, it is telling the whole story which in my opinion is better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Celebrates Her Mother, Erelu Agba's Birthday (Throwback Photos) / 31 More Reps To Join APC In January - Akume / Doctrine Of NECESSITY Will Be Adopted To Swear In WIKE As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.